- Around 7 years of experience in Quality Assurance with expertise in both Manual and Automation testing.
- Experience in Automation Testing by developing testing scripts on Java Platform with TestNG using Selenium Web Driver to test web applications. Integrated test cases with Maven, Jenkins and Behavior Driven Testing with Cucumber.
- Strong Core JAVA, Object Oriented Analysis and Programming skills
- Experience in automation testing scripting with Java OOPS concepts using Selenium Web Driver
- Strong exposure and Experience to the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and extensive experience with QA testing methodologies, Procedures, Processes, standards and activities.
- Strong analytical and QA/ testing skills, capacity for work and diagnostic ability, Gathering different kind of projects requirement. Covered Agile and Waterfall models of SDLC.
- Expert in Quality Center as repository for maintain test cases, execution and tracking defects.
- Experience in Mobile both Manual and Automation Testing
- Performed Compatibility application testing using different mobile devices and Android Virtual Device (AVD) installations (emulators)
- Experience in developing and maintaining Test Scripts, analyzing bugs and interacting with development team members in fixing the defects.
- Experienced in defining Testing Methodologies, Designing Test Cases, verifying and validating Web based applications and Documentation based on standards for software development.
- Experience of Manual Testing concepts consist Design Test - case plan in JUnit and execution, Bug Tracking using JIRA, Logging Framework in Log4J2
- Performed both Manual and Automation testing using HP Quality center, Quick Test Professional (QTP), HP Application Lifecycle Management (ALM), HP Unified Functional Testing (UFT)
- Knowledge of Desktop Automation Testing using AutoIT and Robot Framework for acceptance testing. Experience in Load Testing using JMeter
- Proven communication and personal skills.
- Quick starter, Self-learner and a good team player with excellent leadership abilities.
Manual Testing: JUnit, TestNG, Log4j, Test-Case Plan design & Execution, Unit Testing, Regression Testing, Functionality Testing, Database Testing.
Automation Testing: Selenium Web Driver & IDE, Framework Implementation, Cucumber, AutoIT, Robot Framework, Core Java
Testing Tools: Test Director, HP Quality Center (QC), Quick Quick Test Professional(QTP) 6.5/9.0/9.2/9.5, HP ALM v11.0
Database Systems: MS SQL, MySQL, Oracle
Build Tools: Maven and Jenkins
Debugging: ClearQuest, Firebug, Bugzilla
IDE: NetBeans, Eclipse, DreamViewer, MS Office, SQLYog, WebStorm, Brackets
Version Control: Git
Operating Systems: Windows, LINUX
Confidential, Charlotte, NC
- Performed Business Requirement Analysis by thoroughly understanding Project Design Document and Business Requirement Document.
- Created testing strategy keeping in mind project scope and timeline.
- Identified ambiguities and potential technical problems or design flaws so that preventive action can be taken.
- Designed and developed Automation framework both Data driven and Hybrid using Selenium WebDriver in Java and performing unit testing by using TestNG.
- Developed/Updated System Test Plan, Test scenarios and Test Scripts as per the requirements and Change Request Document.
- Converted QTP scripts to Selenium WebDriver scripts. Used Java language and TestNG framework for scripting. Used Maven for building the WebDriver project.
- Developed test strategy for the minimal required tests that provides value in determining the quality state of the application.
- Developed and executed White box test cases of the Java API using TestNG framework & Eclipse.
- Extended TestNG framework by adding some helper classes and methods.
- Identified test cases to automate. Automate those test cases using Selenium WebDriver and Java (Eclipse IDE).
- Ported existing QTP automation scripts into TestNG andSeleniumtest cases.
- Configured Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, Maven tool and created selenium automation scripts in java.
- Automated Smoke & Functional test, Backend Testing, Web UI Testing.
- Involved in the Continuous Integration of the automation framework with Jenkins.
- Involved in using Jenkins as a Continuous Integration server to configure with Maven.
- Involved in pushing the automated test code into CI (Continuous Integration) and monitored the test execution in Jenkins once the code pushed into CI.
- Implemented OO designs, JSON and applied working knowledge of design patterns to performance test presentation, data and business modules.
- Involved in SOAP & REST based web services testing using SOAP UI web services testing tool.
- Performed functional testing of SOAP and Restful Web Services using SOAP UI Tool.
- Utilized HP Quality Center for test case management and JIRA for logging defects.
- Participated in bug walk meetings with development team, business team and project managers for defect triage and provide analysis on the nature of the defect.
- Worked in the form of sprint team with business analysts and developers in Agile methodology.
Confidential, E Town, KY
- Worked on Retail Systems creating Test Plans, Test Scenarios and Test cases, software documentation from business, technical and functional Requirement.
- Prepared several Test Cases and Test scripts to the POS project.
- Prepared and executed several Automation test scripts using Selenium WebDriver in Java Platform.
- Reviewed the test reports using TestNG
- Continuous Integration of the automation scripts with Jenkins.
- Analyze the changes in the new build and updating the scripts it accordingly.
- Performed Functionality testing, Regression testing and compatibility testing on different browsers like Chrome and Firefox.
- Involved in Backend Testing, Database Testing, UI Testing.
- Prepared Test Status and Defect Status reports to the Team leadership for team status meetings.
- After analyzing the result logged the defects in to the Quality center.
MS SQL Server
Confidential, Columbus, OH
- Created test cases and test plans for user acceptance testing and system testing based on functional specifications.
- Tested all compliance reports generated using Business Objects BI tool by validating the data in the report against the database according to the requirement specifications using SQL.
- Tested PL/SQL procedures that were developed to load the data from temporary tables in staging to target tables in the data warehouse
- Used Agile Test Methods to provide rapid feedback to the developers significantly helping them uncover important risks
- Provided support to offshore QA team by giving them knowledge transfer and helping them with closure of the defects.
- Performed Front-end Testing, Functionality Testing and Data Driven Testing using QTP
- Developed test automation Scripts using QTP
- Performed data validation on the flat files that were generated in UNIX environment using UNIX commands as necessary.
- Tested the XMLs feeds received from another source which is a third party for data consistency.
- Tracked defects to closure by coordinating with the dev team.
- Tested source data for data completeness, data correctness and data integrity.
- Performed End to end testing starting from the source to the report.
- Conducted and coordinated integration testing and regression testing.
- Participated in business requirements gathering and in modifications of the requirements based on the scope.
- Understood the source to target mapping document and accordingly helped them to clean the source data to decrease the defects and to ensure that final data matches with the data warehouse standards.
- Maintained all the test cases in HP Quality Center and logged all the defects into the defects module.
Environment: HP Quality Center 10.0, SQL, PL/SQL, XML, Oracle 10g, Agile, VB Scripting
Manual Testing Engineer
- Performed Manual testing for POS systems and executed the Test cases in Quality Center.
- Understanding the requirement specification and preparing test cases for the requirements.
- Manually Tested on each and every functionality of the application and written Test cases
- Integrating two units and testing them whether they are executing properly or not manually. Identifying bugs and validating them with no issues
- Performing Unit Testing, White-Box Testing, Web UI Testing, Regression testing. Preparing the Reports for submitting weekly or monthly status to the manager
- Worked on Waterfall Model Methodology
- Performed Backend testing by writing SQL Queries for different set of Input parameters to ensure the data integrity.
- Used QC for tracking the errors and reporting the bugs
- Reported and assigned the defects to the developer through Quality center.
- Used Soap UI Tool for testing Web Services and created Test Scripts in Soap UI
- Executed Test cases for XML using Soap UI Tool
Environment: Manual Testing, Windows XP, MS-Office Tools, Quality Center, Waterfall Model, SQL Server 2005, XML, Visual Studio 2008, HTML, CSS, Java Script, Soap UI