- 8+ years of experience in Software Quality Testing and doing Manual and automatedtesting on Web based, Mobile and Client - server applications using Selenium, Java, MavenandTestNG and expertise in domain technologies like Banking, Financial, Marketing, Health Care and Insurance.
- Expertise in Quality Analysis with strong understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and object oriented methodologies.
- Excellent understanding of Software QA Methodologies and experience in all the phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), i.e. in agile development model, Waterfall model, and V-model and mainly work experience in Scrum model and in Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC)
- Expertise in automating the software testing and hands-on coding using open-source tools like Selenium IDE/RC/Grid, Selenium Web Driver, Java, QTP, and Firebug.
- Experienced in manual testing and automate SOAP and Restful Web Services using SOAP UI, ApacheHttpClient, Jackson, JAXB parsers.
- Expertise in Web Service testing (SOAP) (SOAP and RESTFUL) usingSOAPUI.
- Expertise in automating software testing using Selenium Web Driver /Grid/, Firebug, HTTP Analyzer.
- Hands-on coding using Java and Writing Selenium Web Driver Test Cases with Java.
- Well versed with Java Testing Frameworks like Test NG and JUNIT.
- Extensive experience in preparing test plans, test scenarios, test scripts, test cases, test reports and documentation of manual and automated testing.
- Hands on experience in functional testing, unit testing, integration testing, regression testing, black box testing, white box testing, API Testing, GUI testing, back-end testing, browser compatibility testing, in different stages of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Proficiency in Maven and setting up local workspace using Maven, Test NG and Eclipse.
- Skillful in functional testing using SeleniumIDE/ Web Driver using Test NG testing framework.
- Involved in developing the Automation using DataDriven, Page Object Model and Hybrid frame work.
- Expertise in getting the test data using TestNG Data provider and POI API.
- Experience in TestingAJAX and Web 2.0 controls using Selenium Framework.
- Create defect log using Rallyand managing the tasks and stories inAgile Environment.
- Experience in designing and executing Automated Tests for Data Driven Testing.
- Good understanding of bug tracking using HP QC andJIRA for reporting the Modification Requests and collecting Test Metrics In order to Keep track of the test progress and test execution.
- Good knowledge in using repositories SVN, GIT.
- Good work experience in using SQL Queries in verifies the data from the Oracle DB (backend validation).
- Experience in performing Manual Testing of Mobile Native Apps and Mobile Web Applications.
- Good experience in using tools like Firebug and Fire path checker for identifying XPATH.
- Strong problem solving, analytical skills in testing, development and automation.
- Very good team player in working with others on time critical assignments. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Languages: Java, HTML, C, C++
Automation Tools: Cucumber, Selenium IDE, Selenium RC, Selenium WebDriver, Selenium Grid, Cucumber, JXL, Firebug
Unit Testing Frameworks: Junit, TestNG.
Frameworks: BDD/ATDD, Page Object Model(POM), Data Driven, Keyword Driven
Web Services Tools: Soap UI, Apache HttpClient, Postman.
Bug Tracking Tools: Rally,JIRA.
IDE’s and Other Tools: Eclipse, Edit plus.
Build/Integration Tools: Maven, Jenkins, Ant.
Databases and Tools: Oracle, MySQL, DB2, TOAD,SQL Developer, SQL, PL/SQL
Web and App Servers: Apache Tomcat, Web Logic, Web Sphere.
Version Control Tools: SVN, GIT, CVS
Operating Systems: Windows, Linux, Mac, UNIX
- Involved in the Software Development Life Cycle from Requirement Analysis to supporting application in production.
- Reviewed Functional Requirement Specifications and created test based on test scenarios drawn from functional requirements
- Used TestNGframework for creating Selenium scripts, for functionalities of deriving complex quotations.
- Created Java based scripts for Selenium WebDriver with TestNG as automation frame work.
- Performed regression test to ensure that introduction of new features into application doesn't affect the existing functionality.
- Tested compatibility of application for dynamic and static content under various cross browsers using HTML IDs and XPath in Selenium.
- Used Core Java for writing automated regression test scripts using Selenium WebDriver.
- Developed Test Plans, Test cases, Test Scripts, Test strategy, Test Scenario, Test Reports
- Performed tests for Functionality, Regression, Security, GUI, End to End, System, Configuration and Backend
- Used SOAP UI to test Web Services using WSDL file given by development team.
- Expert to write test cases in Cucumber and automate the web application.
- Experience in Web Automation usingProtractorfor Angular application.
- Tested Rest API using Apache HTTP Client, TestNG, Apache POI, JAXB, Gson and Log4j framework.
- Used SOAPUI to test Web Services using WSDL file given by development team.
- Integrated the test suites with Jenkins continuous integration tool and helped build engineer to resolve the issues during integration with the build process.
- Classified the defects according to severity and priority levels and prepared Test Status Reports.
- Opened defects and tracked them in Quality Center.
- Raised defects in Jira and made sure appropriate hand-offs and retesting takes place.
- Prepared defect prevention (DP) reports and conducted DP meetings with the team.
- Used Toad to write SQL queries, to verify quotation values displayed on various pages of the application.
- Participated in test scenario inspections, test case reviews, work and functional mapping & UAT sessions.
- Actively participated in weekly meetings, triage calls and updated weekly report.
Environment: Selenium WebDriver, Apache POI, Maven, Eclipse, Web Services, REST API, Apache HTTP client, TestNG, JAXB, GSON, XML, Cucumber, Log4j, JSON, SOAP, WSDL, SOAPUI, Rally, Quality Center, Toad, SQL, GIT, Oracle, Linux.
- Extensively involved in all stages of testing life cycle, Software Development Life cycle (SDLC) using Waterfall, Agile methodologies.
- Designed, executed and maintained Selenium Web Driver, TestNG, automated test cases for regression test cases.
- Efficient management of Rally for bug tracking and Confluence for design documents.
- Extensively used Selenium (XPath and CSS locators) to test the web application.
- Selected the Test Cases to be automated and performed functional testing of the front end using Selenium (Web Driver)& created Data Driven framework using TestNG.
- Used Hybrid Framework of Selenium to get data from Excel.
- Performed testing of Native apps on Android and iPhone and iPad devices.
- Functional and Cross Browser Testing of Defined Browser Stack of the site experience.
- Completed SOA testing using SOAP UI and Java framework for Web services testing.
- Tested request and response XML based web services interfaces using SOAPUI.
- Experience with Assertions like Schema Compliance, XPath and SOAP responses.
- Performed execution and logging defect in Quality Center and Verification of defects for System Testing.
- Conducted Smoke testing, Functional testing, Regression testing, Integration testing,User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and Data validation testing.
- Used Page Object Model, UI Mapping, Selenium Manager, Data Driven using CSV, CSS Selectors as a part of Framework.
- Worked on UAT testing by creating new business users, setting up all the required data, ps and required permissions.
- Involved in Web Services Testing using SOAP and REST based web services tocreate and execute automated functional, regression, compliance tests
- Created XML based test suit and integrated with Jenkins Server to execute automation scripts on a regular basis by scheduling Jenkins jobs in different test environments with different test configurations.
- Used Firebug to do web based application testing with selenium for the commands and locator application.
- Ensure accuracy and completeness in the testreports.
- Updated the Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM), with Test Case id’s and make sure that all BR’s (Business requirements), TR’s (Technical Requirements) and Detail Design Requirements were mapped perfectly and all Requirements were covered with Test cases.
- Development and Execution of SQL queries to check the database and checking the data integrity in accordance with business standards of the company.
- Worked closely with the developers to resolve the design and development errors and to get the software released for system testing.
- Carried out testing, to check whether the application is functioning as per the use case and functional specifications.
- Performed Regression testing on new builds, every modification in the application using Selenium Web Driver.
- Performed defect reporting and bug tracking using JIRA and also followed up with development team to verify bug fixes, and update bug status. Used Quality Center for logging defects during System testing.
- Analyzed business requirements documents to get a better understanding of the system from both technical and business perspectives.
- Studied existing application functionality and new business requirements.
- Created Selenium test cases for automation using Selenium Web Driver.
- Created parameterization tests by importing data from excel files using TestNG Data provider, Apache POI and Selenium Web Driver.
- Validated Restful web services using Apache Http Client, TestNG, JAXB, GSON Parsers.
- Validated Web Services using SOAPUI and created test suites for the functional Testing of Web Services
- Setup test environment and test data for both positive and negative testing.
- Testing application to accommodate sufficient time for developers to resolve the issues.
- Transformation of use cases to test scenarios and designing test plans and test cases.
- Used Quality Center for generating Test Requirements, Test Sets, and Test Plan and for reporting defects.
- Performed Smoke, Black Box, Validation and Compatibility testing of the application manually.
- Performed Regression, UAT, Integration, GUI, and Usability Testing.
- Reviewed and analyzed artifacts throughout the SDLC.
- Reviewed user documentation for accuracy of implemented functionality descriptions.
- Extensively worked for the development of test standards for script development, deployment and reuse.
- Involvement in efficient and optimum test planning with the available resources.
- Interaction with the developers for resolving critical bugs and functionality modifications.
- Used SQL Server database extensively to validate the back end data.
Environment: s: Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, Firebug, FirePath, Log4j, POM (Page Object Model), Apache Http Client, GSON, RESTFUL Web Services, SOAPUI, Web Services, SOAP, Quality Center, Eclipse, MAVEN, JAVA, Microsoft Excel, Oracle, TOAD, WebSphere, Linux.
Confidential, SFO, CA
- Involved in Manual Testing to develop test cases, test scripts and record bugs.
- Involved in Functional, Regression Testing of CARE and Access Online applications.
- Wrote test plans, which detailed the testing scope, strategy, test requirements, and necessary resources.
- Wrote and documented test cases based on corresponding business /user requirements documents & technical specification and other operating conditions.
- Closely worked with respective personnel to nail down bugs.
- Tested the whole program as well as specialized in several input applications.
- Conducted Black Box Testing for the Application.
- Opened defects and tracked them in Quality Center.
- Extensively used SQL for backend testing.
- Attending meetings, and documented User Change requests.
- Analyzed user change requirements, and made necessary amendments to the test requirements.
- Performed Regression testing for GIS module.
- Created reports that included general overview, open bugs, new bugs, and enhancement requests. Entered new bugs and maintained the current status of those bugs.
- Analyzed the system requirements and created test plan, test scripts and test scenarios for various modules of the application.
- Performed defect analysis, Validation activities, Tracking and reporting defects through to resolution.
- Design and Development of the Object Oriented applications using OOA and OOD techniques in all Business Areas using Rational Rose.
- Gained substantial knowledge about the concepts, design advantages, traps and pitfalls of successful object-relational mapping.
- Developed class diagrams, sequence diagrams and object diagrams using UML methodology.
- Designed and developed sub system using Java Servlets, JSP, J2EE, Spring
- Designed and developed web pages using HTML and JSP.
- Stored data in Oracle database and accessed using Oracle JDBC drivers.
- Used Eclipse as IDE to create, test and deploy on server.
- Design and developed Oracle stored procedures, functions, triggers and PL/SQL modules.
- Involved in UAT Testing of the application.
- Participated in Spec Reviews and Built Test cases, Data based on Requirements and Designs
- Carried out data base validations for various functional and reporting requirements.
- Reported bugs using common bug tracking tool in the team
- Worked with developers to get the bugs fixed and code deployed to QA servers.
- Responsible for bug verifications.
- Generated comprehensive reports (test progress, test coverage, defect status) ensuring QA activities.
- Assisted with the Creation and execution of automated test scripts.
- Developing SQL queries to validate the report data.
- Performed Functional and Regression testing using QC.
Environment: Selenium, Java, SQL, XML, SOAP, WSDL, Bugzilla, Quality Center, Oracle, UNIX, Windows.