- Over 6 years of Software QA Engineer experience working with Web - based testing and Client/Server applications.
- Well trained and extensively worked with AGILE Methodology.
- Extensively worked on the Mortgage, Loan Origination and Credit Card Domain, ATM/POS Monitoring Systems, DISPATCH Management system.
- Good understanding of QA methodology and Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Waterfall, Agile and Spiral-model.
- Hands on experience with all levels of testing including Smoke Testing, Cross-Functional Testing,Fault tolerance Testing, Integration Testing, System Testing, Regression Testing and UAT.
- Hands on experience with Requirement Gathering.
- Hands on experience writing Technical Documents.
- Developed Test plans dat include Test cases, Test scenarios, expected results and prioritized tests.
- Used Quality Center with Management, Test Plan & Test Lab functionality.
- Used Test Link to create and execute Test Cases.
- Good understanding for business logic and developed test cases accordingly.
- Automated testing using QTP.
- Application of defect tracking tool HP Quality Center or ALM.
- Extensive noledge on tracking open issues and creating new issues using JIRA.
- Extensively worked on Confluence to create and update Technical Documents (e.g. User guide, Installation Document).
- Worked with the Project manager, Business owner, Product owner and the tech lead to create stories for the iteration and assigning them based on priority & size of the story.
- Experience in working with Databases - Oracle, SQL Server 2008, and SQL Server 2005.
- Led large size team and co-ordination with the off-shore team.
- Organized, detail-oriented and have the ability to work well in a time sensitive environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills.
Testing Tools: HP Quality Center/ALM, QTP, Test Link
Testing: Manual and Automated testing
Bug Tracking Tools: Quality Center, JIRA
Databases: SQL Server 2008, Oracle
Languages: UNIX, SQL, VB Script, HTML
Operating system: Unix, Linux, MAC OSX, Windows 7, Windows XP, Windows Server 2008
Confidential, Plano, TX
Sr. Quality Analyst
- Coordinated with the Dell Ireland and Bank of Ireland team for requirement analysis.
- Extensively worked on identifying test scenarios from the Functional specification document.
- Knowledge transfer for the other team members regarding the business module.
- Preparing Test Plan document.
- Creating test cases from the test scenarios.
- Worked closely with the QA lead for test case review.
- Distribution of work among the team members.
- Planning according the milestone dates to assure the on time delivery to the Bank as per their business requirement.
- Preparing ALM test suite and test lab to assure smooth test execution.
- Coordinated with the BOI team to ensure the availability of the test data.
- Raised defect using ALM.
- Worked on setting up ALM.
- Involved in Sanity, System Testing, Fault tolerance and Regression Testing.
- Extensive noledge on Euro Payment process and Bank charges.
Environment: Windows 7, IE 10.0, Google Chrome, ALM 11.0, MS Office 2010 and MS Visio
Confidential . Dallas, TX
Sr. Quality Analyst /BA
- Worked on Requirement Analysis at the initial stage.
- Involved in requirement gathering process.
- Worked with the Business team and the Technical team to analyze the requirement.
- Extensively worked on Technical Documentation.
- Involved in Project Demo to the customers.
- Extensively worked with on SST Operation Bridge, Transaction Analyzer, RMM Agent, HP-Tandem/Non stop, Help Desk and Dispatch Management System.
- Involved in requirement gathering meeting and product design meeting.
- Designing High level test scenarios and test cases using Test Link.
- Sanity, System Testing, Fault tolerance and Regression Testing.
- Defect logging, Defect Management & Tracking using JIRA.
- Creation of stored procedure, data migration and database testing using SQL Server 2008.
- Demonstration of product, implementation of product, and support to customer.
- Implemented application on demo environment, UAT and production for following banks:
Confidential, Fort Worth, TX
- Extensively worked in Agile environment.
- Worked with Rally software to maintain the best practices of Agile methodology.
- Worked extensively with the Project manager, Business owner, Product owner and the tech lead to create stories for the iteration and assigning them based on priority & size of the story.
- Extensively worked with the Business owner and the Business Analyst to halp them create the user stories.
- Exposed a good number of defects and created Defect Reporting in Quality Center.
- Actively participated in working with Quality Center.
- Worked as a Quality Center Project Admin to manage test cases according to the different release.
- Developed automation scripts using QTP.
- Involved in backend testing using FitNesse.
- Updated Data table according to the Test Plan.
- Involved in application testing, front end, backend and database testing using SQL.
- Actively participated in releases and building Migration packages from one environment to another environment.
- Participated in presentations for new releases and trained new QA teams and business users.
- Organized and tracked pricing changes in business and tracked application changes.
- Performed positive and negative testing of the application to capture defects as well fixation of the errors subsequently.
- Proficient in writing test plans, test cases and defect reporting.
- Involved in regression testing, acceptance testing, system testing, smoke testing and user acceptance testing.
- Created and updated various metrics for Automation teams.
- Involved in converting the manual test scripts for Automation according to the Business.
- Involved in rule changes.
- Extensively worked with SABRE to verify the RM Validation, Pricing, Tax & PNR details.
- Extensively worked with production validation team at the time of release.
- Responsible for all QA Deliverables.
Environment: IE 8.0, FitNesse, Quality Center 10.0, MS Office and MS Visio, Rally, SABRE
Confidential, Plano, TX
- Proficient in writing Test plans, Test cases and Defect Reporting.
- Involved in Regression testing, Acceptance testing, System testing, Smoke testing and User Acceptance Testing.
- Exposed a good number of Defects and created Defect Reporting in Quality Center.
- Actively participated in working with Quality Center.
- Extensive experience in Backend testing using SQL Analyzer.
- Very good noledge in writing SQL queries.
- Excellent skills in Application testing, front end, Backend and Database testing.
- Actively participated in Releases and Building Migration packages from one environment to another environment.
- Participated in Presentations for new releases and Trained new QA teams and Business users.
- Organized and tracked Pricing changes in Business and tracked application changes.
- Performed Positive and Negative testing of the application to capture defects as well fixation of the errors subsequently.
- Created and updated various Metrics for Automations teams.
- Involved in converting the manual test scripts for Automation according to the Business Rule changes.
- Directly involved in the conversation with the Business Users.
- Co-ordinate with project managers to determine the Scope of the projects.
- Extensively worked to analyze the User Narrative/Requirement Document with Business Analyst.
- Extensively worked on the leading mortgage applications like LPS Empower and Fiserv Unifi.
- Extensively worked on the Loan Origination system to meet the Legal and Compliance requirements.
- Actively participated in Product and pricing testing.
- Extensively worked on Interface Testing.
- Prepared Test Completion Report after completion of Testing for each release.
- Tested Web Browser IE 8.0 compatibility issues with the existing application, before they have been released for the Employees.
Environment: LPS EMPOWER, Fiserv Unifi, .NET, Quality Center 10.0, QTP 10.0, MS Office, MS Visio, Microsoft OneNote, MS Excel.
Confidential, Dallas, TX
- Analyzed requirements and documents, to identify manual test cases.
- Performed backend testing by creating test data by validating database contents using SQL Queries.
- Written automated test scripts for functional, GUI validation, data driven testing using Quick Test Professional.
- Employed data-driven testing based on Excel tables by parameterizes test scripts to check application with different permutations and combinations of data.
- Involved in regression, interface, performance and integration testing.
- Participated in different meetings and halped resolve the problem in the application.
- Tested the application compatibility in the Versions of Netscape, Mozilla firefox and Internet Explorer browsers using Quick Test professional 8.2.
- Involved in testing all back end processes using SQL.
- Created different manual and goal oriented scenarios for conducting the Test.
- Presented regular progress reports, defect reports and test execution reports.
- Reported the bugs, Email notifications to the developers using Quality Center 8.2.
- Extensively worked on handling the application response for Positive and Negative sets of data.
- Performed functional and regression testing to verify defect fix.
- Tested application in windows and apple environment.
- Performed database testing by writing and executing SQL queries.
- Designed, developed, documented and maintained detailed test plans and test cases using Quality Center 8.2.
Environment: Quality Center 8.2, QTP 8.2, Java, Windows 2000, HTML, SQL
Jr. Software Engineer
- n Inventory management system.
- Worked with the implementation team to get the application tested
- Written queries for backend validation