- Over 8+ years of professional experience in Quality Assurance and Software testing using Manual, Automation testing process for diversified application like Datawarehouse, ETL, Business Intelligence Reporting.
- In depth knowledge of Software development life cycle and testing methodologies.
- Extensive knowledge on all phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Proficient in designing, reviewing and documenting system test plans, defining test procedures and creating test cases on the basis of product release features, client requirements and related technical documents.
- Strong analytical and QA testing skills, capacity for work and diagnostic ability, gathering different kinds of project requirements. Covered Agile and Waterfall models of SDLC.
- Proficient in Functional, Smoke, System, Integration, User Interface and Regression testing of Client - Server and Web-Based Applications.
- Hands - on experience with diverse testing tools like QC.
- Worked with RDBMS technologies like Oracle, SQL server, Teradata, Db2, Sybase in the process ETL/SQL Backend Testing.
- Worked with SQL Tools/GUI tools like TOAD, SQL *PLUS, SQL *Loader, SQL Navigator, Oracle SQL Developer, Teradata SQL Assistant, SQL Server Management studio, WinSQL for RDBMS technologies Like Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, Teradata .
- Experience in writing SQL queries to validate data from the database.
- Experience in testing data for Healthcare Payer and Provider Operations, re-engineering claims, benefits, enrollment and eligibility processes and performed gap analysis.
- Experience in Test Management and defect tracking using tools like HP ALM, HP Quality Center, IBM ClearQuest, BugZilla, Test Director and Jira.
- Worked with Datawarehouse/ETL tools like Informatica, DataStage, SSIS and Business Intelligence reporting tools like SAP Business Objects. Cognos, etc .
- Worked with bulk loads of data and batch jobs using tools like Autosys, Control-M, Unix shell scripts.
- Excellent communication skills, Good organizational and interpersonal skills, outgoing personality, Self-motivated, hardworking, ability to work independently or cooperatively in a team, eager to learn, ability to adapt based on the demands of work.
- Strong leadership, interpersonal and excellent analytical skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Testing tools: HP ALM/Quality Center 9.5/10.0, Jira
Database Technologies: Teradata 13, Oracle 10g/11g, MS SQL 2008
DW Technologies: Informatica 9.0, IBM DataStage 9.1, SSIS, SAP BO
Platforms: UNIX, Linux, Windows (NT, 2000, XP, 2003, Vista), MS-DOS
Programming languages: SQL, PL/SQL, XML, HTML, HTTP
Tools: and Utilities Toad, Oracle SQL Developer, SQL Plus
Reporting Tools: IBM Cognos 8.1, Business Objects XI R2/R3
Methodologies: Agile -Scrum, Waterfall
Office tools: MS office MS word, Excel, Power point
Scheduling Tools: Autosys
Confidential -East Providence, RI
Manual QA Tester
- Analyzed system requirement specification document and developed test plans, test cases to cover overall quality assurance testing.
- Used the Agile methodology as part of the software development life cycle.
- Categorized the test cases based on their modularity, functionality and priority.
- Conducted Functionality, Integration and End-to-End testing of the AUT (Application Under Testing).
- Performed browser compatibility testing on different platforms and data validations for all reports.
- Performed Structural Back-End Testing to verify each and every object in the different structure of the Database.
- Conducted Functional Back-End Testing by breaking the test data into finite number of testable pieces based on the application’s functionality on both input and output criteria.
- Developed a Back-End Boundary Test Strategy on the database to verify boundary conditions based on Financial Business logic.
- As part of Agile methodology, took part in SCRUM Backlog grooming, Sprint Planning & Estimation session and in Daily SCRUM meetings to keep track of the progress and impediments in testing deliverables.
- Carried out a Back-End Database Stress Testing approach that involves subjecting the test database to heavy loads.
- Reviewed and fine-tuned the SQL queries using hints for maximum efficiency and performance during the Unit Testing, System Integration and User Acceptance Testing for Database Testing and Gray-Box testing.
- Extensively worked with UNIX commands and Unix shell scripts
- Tested Data masking and made extensive use of SQL Navigator Explain Plan to view and analyze complex SQL Queries as part of the Database Back-End Testing.
- Prepared test data for positive and negative test scenarios for both Back-End and Functional testing as documented in the test plan.
- Used SQL queries to retrieve data from tables and to perform back end testing thru TOAD for ORACLE and Teradata SQL Assistant for Teradata.
- Performed data analysis and data profiling using SQL and Informatica Data Explorer on various sources systems including Oracle.
- UNIX and Oracle are using in this project to write Shell Scripts and SQL queries.
- Validated Extract/Transform/Load (ETL) processes that load Teradata test databases with data feeds from upstream applications and provided information deliveries of warehouse data to downstream users.
- Did exclusive database testing include data Integrity, data validitydata manipulation and updates.
- Tested the Informatica Mappings which loads data from Source systems to ODS and then to Data Mart.
- Used ALM / QC to plan tests, manage test assets, and create and run manual and external scripts to check GUI and functional features.
- Performed browser compatibility testing on deferent platforms and data validations for all reports .
- Automated and scheduled the Informatica jobs using UNIX Shell Scripting.
- Testing of Business Objects and Reports which Includes, database Connectivity, tested objects in the Universe to ensure the correct mapping of the objects, tested the Universe s Structure to ensure that tables are properly uploaded, tested the aggregate Universe to ensure the query is pulling correct level of Aggregation.
- Test Business Objects reports for data validation and compare results with TOAD.
- Tested Autosys JILS to automate daily and quarterly batch jobs.
- Performed regression testing on Manual scripts using Quality Center (QC).
- Tracked defects and analyzed defect data using Quality Center.
- Communicated status and presented defect information to the developers and various members of the project team to resolve issues to ensure the defect-free delivery of the Software application.
- Responsible for weekly status meetings showing the progress reports and the future testing efforts of the QA Team.
- Documented the Daily Defects Status with the help of Test Metrics.
- Participated in Walkthrough’s and Technical Reviews all through the testing phase.
- Executed the test cases using sample source documents as inputs during UAT and ensured that the final outcomes of the tests are satisfactory.
- Tested reports developed by Universes for both Adhoc & Canned Reporting users of BOE XI R3.1 - Deski & WebI.
- Tracked and logged defects in Quality Center and coordinated with development teams on issues.
- Performed formal reviews of all documented test cases and keep the latest documents in a common repository for Project Team.
- Executed Smoke Testing to test the main features of the application as and when required.
- Defined a number of test cases using quality data to validate end-to-end business processes during the UAT and Validated the system set up for transactions and user access in UAT.
- Provided bug status and regular updates to all concerned.
Environment: Agile Software Development, Manual Testing, Informatica 9.0, HP ALM 11/Quality Center 10, SAP BOE XIR3.1 SP1, UNIX, Auto Sys, Oracle 11g, Teradata 13, Teradata SQL Assistant 13.0, SQL Developer, SQL, PL/SQL, MS Office Word, Excel, Power point
Manual QA Tester
- Test plan preparation, Test Strategy preparation, Test cases review, test cases execution, designing, executing, verifying and analyzing test programs.
- Created test scripts to validate the data between various LOBs as source and EDW as target system.
- Uploaded all test cases to Quality Center.
- Mapped test cases with the requirement and created RTM.
- Logged all the defects in the Quality Center.
- Performed smoke and sanity testing.
- Review of test cases, test plan with business and edited Entry & Exit criteria.
- Involved in developing the UNIX scripts for Informatica Workflows using parameter files and monitoring the workflows on testing environment.
- Created Unix scripts to test business card account master data file for suffix only in a particular section of header.
- Actively involved in functional, unit and integration testing in agile methodologie.
- Did testing on multiple Informatica mapping for data validation and data conditioning.
- Unit tested BO reports before moving to the staging area.
- Executed the Oracle SQL Test Scripts in TOAD and documented the results in RTM.
- Testing the ETL data movement from Oracle Data mart to Teradata Data mart on an Incremental and full load basis.
- Executed SQL queries using TOAD to query Oracle database.
- Analyzed SQL code to ensure Business Objects queries the correct data from the database.
- Run the jobs through CA Autosys scheduler.
- Promoted Unix/Informatica application releases from development to QA and to UAT environments.
- Performed sanity testing.Review project / test performance metrics.
- Did DB/Backend Testing to ensure The field size validation, Check constraints, Indexes are done or not (for performance related issues), Stored procedures, The field size defined in the application is matching with that in the db.
- Developed Teradata SQL test scripts from test procedures and executed them with Queryman or BTEQ query utilities.
- Tested and modified the Business Objects WEBi Reports for various financial groups using the Universe as a main data provider.
- Tested reports using Business Objects functionality like Queries, Slice and Dice, Drill down, @Functions, Formulae etc.
- Business components preparation and storing in Quality center.
- Coordination with tech support team.
- Requirements review, Design review, test plan review, test cases review meetings coordination.
- Weekly reports, interim test reports, build status reports.
- Preparation and presentation to management.
- Analyzed the existing business scenario and understood the business rules.
- Performed (UAT) User Acceptance testing exclusively in an Agile environment.
Environment: Informatica 8.1, Business Objects XIR2, Auto Sys, Oracle 10g, Teradata 12.0, Teradata SQL Assistant 12.0, SQL, PL/SQL, TOAD, Quality Center 10.0, Agile Methodology, Manual Testing.
Confidential -Boston MA
Manual QA Tester
- Reviewed the Business/ Functional/ System Requirement Specs, High Level Design Documents, Detailed Design Documents and Requirement Matrix.
- Developed test cases and scripts for Functionality, Security and GUI Testing.
- Database integrity testing by executing SQL statements, write SQL queries to extract data from the source tables.
- Tested different functionalities like, Billing, Benefits, Group, Claims and Providers.
- Involved in validating the clinical data and claims data by using SQL joins in backend.
- For each product release performed functional testing to cover complete requirements for the change description and regression testing to cover high level testing scenarios.
- Used Quality Center and Test Director for Tracking and Reporting.
- Test Cases were designed based on Use-Cases and Requirements in Test Director.
- Involved in Integration, System, functional, GUI, Regression and User acceptance Testing.
- Validated the HIPPA/EDI transactions.
- Creating and executing SQL queries to perform Data Integrity testing on an Oracle Database to validate and test data using TOAD.
- Worked on Informatica Power Center tool - Source Analyzer, warehouse designer, Mapping Designer, Mapplet Designer and Transformation Developer.
- Analyzed and verified the flat, Mainframe IMS and XML data using Informatica Data Explorer.
- Involved in Unit testing and integration testing of Informatica mappings.
- Involved in validating the Informatica mappings from OLTP servers/databases into the staging tables using Informatica Power Center.
- UNIX and Oracle are using in this project to write Shell Scripts and SQL queries.
- Created Test scripts and UAT test cases and coordinated with the UAT Team and Project manager and performed User Acceptance Testing with the Users.
- Created test data required for regression testing and volume testing. Followed agile development methodology and adhered to strict quality standards in requirement gathering.
- Actively involved in functional, unit and integration testing in agile methodology.
- Created Automated Test Cases using Quality Center, Monitored the Defect Tracking process and Reports for the Client.
- Worked with different Areas like Claims Adjudication to Test Plan proposed ICD9 - 10 Code changes.
- Generated reports using Quality Metrics Data, Prepared Test Metrics and reported to the Team Lead.
- Extensively worked on Quality Center for bug reporting/tracking.
Environment: Quality Center 9.2, Informatica 8.1,TOAD, Mainframes, VSAM, COBOL II, FLAT Files, XML Spy, MS EXCEL, MS WORD, UNIX, VB Script
Confidential -Fremont, CA
- Developed and documented data Mappings/Transformations and Informatica sessions as per the business requirement.
- Involved in the development of Informatica Mappings and also tuned them for better performance.
- Developed and involved in both Manual Testing and Automation Test scripts based on Use cases developed.
- Initiated and developed new techniques to improve the testing process and improve the performance of the test scripts.
- Executed Workflows in the Test Environment in order to load the data from the source systems to the WH.
- Wrote test scripts to test the Policy Dimensions and Facts for counting the records in the source and WH tables Type 1 and Type 2 changes in the WH tables.
- Developed and executed Counts Type 1 and Type 2 test scripts to test Coverage Reserve and At Fault Dimensions under Claims.
- Developed test cases and scripts for GUI testing functionality testing interface testing and regression testing.
- Used Agile testing methodology for achieving deadlines in UAT testing.
- Wrote SQL test scripts for validating the data in the target database.
- Used Quest Software's Toad application to set up data, create, and execute SQL script on Oracle 9i database. Completely involved in Database Testing.
- Running SQL Query's in TOAD for counting the no of rows from the tables.
- Worked closely with the Business Analysts, Systems Analysts, Developers and DBAs to solve the issues identified during the testing process in a timely manner.
- Updated the status of the testing to the QA team and accomplished tasked for the assigned work to the Project Management team regularly.
- Assisted in promotion of ETL Informatica Power center code and UNIX from UAT to Production.
- Performed Regression testing of the fixed issues in the new build until no new issues are identified.
- Submitted weekly bug or issue report updates to the Project Manager in the form of the QA Error Log.
- Submitted Final Test Report and required documentation for the project within the assigned time frame.
Environment: Crystal Reports, Informatica Power Center 7.1, Oracle 9i, SQL *PLUS, DB2, SQL Server 2000, UNIX, Windows XP/NT/2000,SQLEnterpriseManager, Query Analyzer Control Center, Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Outlook