- 9 years of experience in SDLC (software development life cycle), Analysis, Design, Software Quality Assurance (Frontend/ Backend), and QA/UAT of Client Server and Web Applications.
- Experience working on software development models using waterfall and agile/scrum methodologies.
- Strong background in using established procedures to document instructions for conducting testing and recording finding. Manage overall test documentation in HPQC (Quality Center)/ALM, DOORs, JIRA/Jenkins, and Requisite Pro.
- Strong background in Data testing, data migrations among number of databases, including validating data as a result of data ETL.
- Strong hands - on experience writing and executing SQL queries and scripts in Access 2012, Oracle 12g, Sybase 12.5 and SQL Server 10.5 databases.
- Day to day perform data validation functions such as Create, import, export, query, insert, update, large volume data including several thousand records in databases. Write and execute SQL, PL/SQL statements/script comprising of aggregate functions, Joins for importing data into database tables and exporting teh results in excel for reconciliation, analysis, and reports.
- QTP/UFT/Selenium/JMeter Test Automation
- Visual Basic scripting for functional/GUI test automation using QTP/UFT.
- UNIX batch jobs automation using Business Component module of Quality Center, and execution using Pathfinder.
- Performance test automation using Load runner and JMeter.
- SQL validation/Backend automation using QTP, and Pathfinder.
- Web Services Testing (SOAP/REST)
- Proficient with using SoapUI for SOAP/REST functional testing.
- Create automated test suite for HTTP requests using GET/POST methods.
- Strong background in writing Complex Test Plans, RTM (Requirement Traceability Matrix), Test Cases, Test Scripts, and Test Summary Report.
- Outstanding listening skills. Proficient with White Box, Black Box methodologies.
- Adhere to established standards and processes/procedures.
- Strong analytical and clear/concise documentation capabilities to meet client expectations.
- Knowledge in teh development/execution of UNIX Shell scripts, and programs. Execute File/Directory UNIX commands.
- Self-starter, self-motivated, excellent professional, attention to detail, communication, verbal, problem solving, documentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Analyze business requirements/user-stories for teh application. Participate in sprint planning and requirement review session, gathering requirements and performing gap-analysis as per project needs.
- Participate in daily scrum meetings.
- Assist UAT lead to develop/write UAT Test Plan with clear definition of Entrance and Exit criteria’s, scope, strategy, test resource, and schedule details.
- Participate in discussion sessions with technology and business teams for refinement and listing of test cases/scenarios. Ensure documentation of Requirements and test case in HPQC/ALM. Provide day to day % completion status to UAT lead.
- Participate in peer-review sessions (for Test Plan, RTM, Test cases) as needed so dat everyone in teh project gets familiar with each phase of UAT. Obtain necessary sign-offs in documentation.
- Work closely with UAT lead for prioritization of multiple tasks and projects.
- Ensure up-to-date UAT documentation and reference documentation for team peer-review in local/network repository or at SharePoint and at ALM.
- Create test cases to cover boundary values, edge conditions for business rules, positive and negative scenarios. Create test data for FHA/VA loan, file format, XML requests etc. to test validation of functionality and rules.
- Day to day work with all team members for resolving testing issues.
- Provide regular status updates to UAT lead about status of UAT (Test case execution status, %age completion, defect status report).
- Schedule (audio/video) meetings by using Outlook for review, triage/resolution of any identified defects.
- Write and execute test cases in ALM. Document defects in CQ or ALM as needed.
- Contribute in development of automation scripts as needed. Perform database “Select” queries to validate loan data related save or update transactions from UI, null records, truncated data or any other data issues etc.
- Participate in review sessions arranged by other team for status and improvements.
- Perform vlookup, and other data sorting, filtering functions, coding formulas for data validation in Excel, Access, and Oracle database. Work with Tools TOAD, SQL Server Management Studio, Rapid SQL.
- Validate, document, and present UAT test results. Ensure saving of artifacts attached to each test.
- Assist less experienced staff in all relevant UAT areas as needed.
- Coordinate with teh development/technology teams for overall test schedule and reusability of any existing test cases or test data.
- Manage testIDs, test data, accesses i.e. all preparations in teh planning phase of teh project.
- Provide LOE, ensure smooth operation, coordination, in a timely fashion. Provide feedback to UAT lead. Seek advice or assistance from team for identified dependencies.
- Escalate any perceived or legitimate issues on time (as appropriate) to teh lead.
Environment: Manual, Automated Testing, JIRA/Jenkins, DOORS, QTP 12, XML Spy, MS Office, Excel, ACCESS, SQL, Oracle, IE 10.0, TOAD, UNIX, HPQC/ALM.
Sr. UAT Test Analyst
- Work with UAT team and UAT Lead for UAT (User Acceptance Testing) and analyze business rules related requirements. Participate in requirement review session, gathering and analysis as per project needs.
- Go over/walk-through along with UAT team to review positive/negative business rule scenarios.
- Collaborate and coordinate with QA(System test) team members on teh project for re-usability of any existing test-data, test cases, IDs etc.
- Write Test Plan with clear definition of Entrance and Exit criteria, scope, and strategy details.
- Develop test cases/scenarios and document them in HPQC/ALM. Map Requirements and tests in HPQC.
- Write down test cases in Excel and tan perform Import/Export into HPQC/ALM.
- Create test cases for both UI as well as backend testing. Use 1400 char format data file for test data mock-up.
- Develop automation test scripts as needed.
- Provide status reports to UAT lead on daily/weekly basis. These status reports include test execution status, and defect status reports.
- Perform database queries to research and perform teh business functions.
- Participate in internal/peer review of test case sessions for status and improvements.
- Perform vlookup, and other data sorting, filtering functions, formulas for data validation in Excel, and Access.
- Validate, document and present test results. Save results in HPQC.
- Create/automate/manage large size/volume loan data to replicate production scenarios, and loan characteristics such as VA, FHA, Balloon loans.
- Perform data & XML validation using XML Spy, and SQL from Oracle and Sybase databases. Perform Insert, Update queries as needed. Queries include joins, aggregate functions.
- Perform UAT target and regression testing of migrated application in appropriate testing environment i.e. in acceptance.
- Coordinate with other team members for creation and troubleshooting of SQL queries as needed.
- Coordinate with teh development team for test execution and collecting test evidences/artifacts, if needed.
- Work closely with all project team members and contribute as needed ELSIF/SDLC documentation in all important areas.
- Perform various tasks in UNIX, such as loan data validation file vi/cat commands, search of loan using grep or less commands, file directory operations, file redirection, using pipe operator, checking of logs or defect confirmation, scripts execution are only few examples.
- Assist in proper documentation of Test Strategy, Test cases, Test results, and Defects Summary.
- In teh event of any scope increase due to business decision to add features, provide revised LOE to UAT lead.
- Escalate any issues on time (as appropriate) to teh UAT lead.
Environment: Manual, Automated Testing, QTP 11, Altova XML Spy, Excel, ACCESS, SQL, IE 9.0, TOAD, UNIX, HPQC10.
Business Analyst / Sr. UAT Tester
- Analyze business requirements document and technical specifications of UCDP application.
- Review detailed specifications of application and design specification document.
- Write Test Plan with clear definition of Entrance and Exit criteria, scope, and strategy details.
- Work with requirement tools Requisite Pro, DOORS, and defect management tool Clear Quest, and Quality Center.
- Write test cases; develop test script, which include coverage of test scenarios, and document for execution in Quality Center.
- Validate and verify system behavior in conformance with requirements.
- Escalate any issues to supervisor and assist in management tasks.
- Participate in internal review sessions of test cases for improvements.
- Day-to-day consulting with fellow team members.
- Fluently perform vlookup, and other complex data sorting, filtering functions, formulas for data validation in Excel.
- Very strong in data validations using SQL from Oracle and Sybase databases. Perform Insert, Update queries as needed. Queries include joins, aggregate functions.
- Perform UAT testing of migrated application in appropriate testing environment i.e. in acceptance.
- Analyze test data information and create candidate XML data using XML Spy to simulate Test Scenarios for validation.
- Document test results in Test Lab of QC, provide report to management as needed.
- Mentor and provide assistance to less experienced staff as needed.
- Perform evaluation of testing methodology and testing tools and make recommendation for adopting new tools.
- Work closely with teh technology and business Project Manager to ensure project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately at appropriate repositories.
- Assist in creation of test documentation such as test summary report, defect (test-incident) report for sign-offs.
- As needed for business scenarios perform data engineering to create test data comprising of 1000s of records in flat files, xml, CSV, and export/import into teh test database.
- Escalate and perceived or legitimate issues on time (as appropriate) to teh supervisor.
Environment: Manual, Automated Testing, Altova XML Spy, Java, TOAD, FireFox 2, J2EE, PL/SQL, IE 7.0, QTP 9.2, Windows XP, QTP, Netscape 7.0, and UNIX.
Sr. Test Engineer (System Testing, UAT)
- Reviewed Business Requirements document with teh business and development team to understand teh architecture and functionality of teh application. Developed test strategy for functional and non-functional requirements.
- Prepared Test Plan; with focus on overall test strategy, scope, schedule, entrance, exit criteria, risks, and mitigation strategy etc details.
- Performed security testing. Created test data for internal and external user. Managed user Ids.
- Performed application, and user access control tests.
- Requested for any kind of Tool or Technology resources before start of testing.
- Requested access as appropriate for SharePoint, and shared drive to access centralized documentation.
- Request test ids, and prepare test data.
- Participated in Peer-Review session for RTM. Work well with other team members including participation from Development, and Business team members.
- Worked on assigned test cases writing/scripting deliverables and milestone.
- Provided day-to-day progress in test cases writing task to teh test lead.
- Prepared strategy and test data and performed penetration testing of teh product.
- Once test execution began, provided daily test execution report, and defect status report to test lead.
- Tracked and generated day-to-day execution progress report from Quality Center.
- Tracked and generated day-to-day defects resolution progress report from Quality Center.
- Attend/Participated in defect resolution meetings along with development team.
- Constantly stayed in touch with team about test progress.
- Ensured smooth conduct of test. Validated fixed income, assets pricing.
- Used internal reviews, training sessions to ensure multi-skilling and cross training among testing team members.
- Prepared Test Summary Report. Obtained testing team feedback by performing internal review.
- Quickly learned high level business and system methodologies and processes.
- Obtained approval on Test Summary Report.
- Served as POC to provide any needed assistance such as shakeout test during Production deployment.
- Worked with team lead, stakeholders on teh assigned project.
- Identified pain points and areas of improvement around teh test practice in general, and proposed solutions.
- Used Rapid SQL and TOAD for Oracle database testing.
- Mentored team members regarding testing process, and procedures.
- Coordinated with Development, and Business teams for smooth testing progress in teh project.
Sr. System Test Analyst
- Acted as POC and UAT Subject Matter Expert. Reviewed teh Business Requirements document to understand teh architecture and functionality of teh application.
- Prepared Test Plan for different modules.
- Created RTM. Arranged Peer-Review session for RTM.
- Documented test cases and scripts for various screens of teh application, in teh Quality Center. Arranged Peer-Review session for Test cases.
- Provided day-to-day execution status, and defect resolution status feed back to teh UAT lead.
- Ensure teh availability of all needed resources to carry out their assigned tasks independently.
- Ensure teh creation of test data for UAT.
- Created test scripts, and Batch tests, verifying teh Test results and reporting teh defects using Clear Quest, as well as Quality Center.
- Written SQL, PL/SQL queries in TOAD, as well as PL/SQL Developer. Queries included select statements, sub-queries, joins, and aggregate functions for data validation.
- Executed UNIX commands to perform file and directory operations.
- Used design documents reference such as ERD, Data Dictionary, and Data Flow Diagrams for data analysis.
- Ensured tactful communication and coordination for any difficult or sensitive information.
- Created XML files in XML SPY, and validating against XSD as per provided SOA standards.
- Worked on Agile release using SCRUM test methodology. Requirements were presented as User Stories.
- Responsible for Regression testing after bug fixes and verification of teh fixes.
- Performed Content Management Test for Financial Member regulation website for members and examiners.
- Accomplished tasks and performed Business functionality testing, this involved testing of all core functions of teh application.
- Used QTP 9.2 for executing automated test scripts creation of test data in application STAR.
- Provided coordination/assistance with test data planning, creation, and test cases for UAT.
- Generated weekly Execution status report, and defect status report from Quality Center.
- Participated in Enhancements and status review meetings.
QA Analyst, UAT Tester
- Reviewed teh Project/Business Requirements, and Business/Functional Specifications of AUT (Application under Test) to understand teh architecture and functionality of teh Application. Perform gap analysis, and derive testable deliverables from Requirements. Worked with various requirement management tools such as DOORS, and REQUISITEPRO.
- Defined overall Test Scope, Test Strategy, Entrance, Exit Criteria, Risk, and mitigation Strategy, Defects Resolution Criteria, as part of Test Planning.
- Analyzed logic pseudo-code, design, review, and execute strategy as per test plans.
- Performed review of system development life cycle methodologies.
- Contributed and participated in documentation of all test deliverables.
- Created test data for System, Acceptance, and Integration Tests. Coordinate with Test Lead, DBA, and Development team for test data preparation, as necessary.
- Created and maintained required QA deliverables - Test Plan, RTM, Test Schedule, Scripts and produce Metrics as per ISS Standards and report on test progress. Participate in cross-functional team/peer review meetings to ensure mapping between test cases, and requirements.
- During Multifamily Projects, tested Syndicator Dashboard, and EBMS Applications for (For Sale/For Rent) Templates Upload, Process Validation, Business Rules Validation related to Sifting of Assets, and Risk Rating Validation of Assets, as per defined weightage, and Factors/Sub Factors calculation.
- Tested high number of Equity Business Management Systems/Finance - Business Objects Reports. (Accuracy, Completeness, Aggregation, and calculated data display in Reports, Formatting of Report, Etc).
- Some examples of GUI tests include testing of User autantication/Login, security testing, Navigation, Menu drop downs, hyperlinks, text fields boundary testing, boundary value analysis, scroll bars, buttons, sorting of data in GUI, and Business Rules/Edits validation as per specific calculations.
- Coordinated with Development, DBA, and Business teams, to overcome issues related to Data migration, mapping of data in Reports, and defects resolution.
- Created and provided complete set of QA documentation to teh Supervisor/Lead, as per defined standards.
- Performed Shakeout/Smoke test after first/initial build deployment, to assess stability of teh deployed application/build.
- Performed system testing, using Front-end Testing and Back-end testing. Execute teh Test Scripts and Validate teh Actual Results against teh Expected Results. Document overall Test Effort in Quality Center 9.0.
- Performed File/Directory UNIX commands, Execute UNIX Shell Script, validate data processing in teh downstream systems using various UNIX commands for teh MBS Loan test data. Work on C Shell and Bash Shell.
- Tested Backend tables and views for GUI transactions such as SAVE or UPDATE. Validate newly created backend tables for table structure, Primary Keys, Grants, and Indexes. Perform SQL Queries using Aggregate functions, and INNER/OUTER Joins.
- Participated in Performance Testing Effort, used Load Runner 9.0, LoadRunner/VUGen, Analyzer, and Controller having license for 25 concurrent Users. Deliverables include creating Performance Test Plan, Coordinate with Development, DBA, and Support team for collection and analysis of Usage, and System statistics. Identification of peak load hours, and emulating virtual user test scenarios to match production. Test planning for single user, and concurrent user tests. Manage run-time settings, Correlation, Tests execution, participate in joint reviews and analysis with Developer, DBA, and Support team to analyze captured response times, and server side statistics. Use Analyzer for recording and analysis of network Response time, load and concurrent virtual users statistics.
- Coded VB Script for automating Functional Tests using QTP.
- Executed DB2 SQLs using SPUFI.
- Provided test data support, test scripts reference, and any requested coordination to Business Liaisons/testers during UAT (User Acceptance Testing).
- Managed Defects using Rational Clear Quest, and Mercury’s Quality Center.
- Analyzed results of test execution and document defects in Clear Quest if expected results are not achieved retest once fix has been deployed and close defects once fix has been validated. Categorize bugs based on severity and interface with developers to resolve them.
- Participated in coordination and status review meetings with Development, and Business Teams.