- Six years of hands on experience in the IT industry as a Software Tester with diversified exposure in both manual and Automated Testing of Client/Server & Web - based applications.
- Comprehensive understanding of various SDLC models like Waterfall Model, Agile Test Driven Development and actively involved in all the phases of the software development activities.
- Participated in user story reviews and designed comprehensive test cases to test end to end functionality of complex business functionality.
- Well versed with Test Documentation like Test Plans, Test Strategy, Test Cases, Detailed Defect Reports and Test Management documents like Traceability Matrix, and Test Progress Reports.
- Performed positive & negative testing, Integration Testing, System Testing, Business Functionality Testing, Browser Compatibility, Backend Testing and system compatibility testing and supported User Acceptance Testing - UAT.
- Used HP Mercury Suite of products like Quality Center & Quick Test Professional to support the Test Management, Defect Reporting & Tracking & Test Automation for regression testing.
- Worked with cross functional teams and played active role in business requirements analysis, coverage analysis, defects triage and user acceptance testing.
- Hands on experience testing application’s functionality on mobile devices like iPhone & iPad.
- Coordinated the test efforts of onsite and offshore teams and held responsible roles directly reporting to the senior management. Worked with global cross functional teams.
TECHNICAL SKILLS SUMMARY:
Languages: ASP, .Net, SQL, VBScript
RDBMS: MS-Access, SQL Server, Oracle
Tools: HP-Quality Center- ALM, JIRA, Quick Test Professional
Operating Systems: Windows NT/2000/XP/7/Vista, UNIX, iOS
Browsers: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome
Others: MS-Office, MS-Project, iOS, iPhone, iPad, MS-SharePoint
- Participated in peer-reviews of user stories and designed detailed test cases to support the application’s functionality.
- Involved in all the phases of SDLC and played active role in designing test cases, test execution, defect reporting, triage, re-testing and review meetings.
- Performed Smoke, functional, System, GUI, Positive, Negative, end to end and Integration testing for several iterations
- Worked extensively with Quality Center for a comprehensive test management.
- Supported the UAT testing and interacted with the real-time users to ensure user friendliness of the application.
- Interacted with project developers and managers to understand the business functionality
- Reviewed the requirements for data migration and designed comprehensive tests cases to support end to end functionality.
- The online banking functionality of the bank was available on mobile devices a downloadable App as well as on mobile browsers.
- Tested the end to end functionality on different versions of iOS and iPhones.
- Actively involved in defect reporting, triage and defect tracking.
- Validated the file volumes, retrieval speed, portability, security and quality of documents in pre and post migration scenarios.
- Working in the integrated environment of Quality Center & QTP supported automated regression testing.
- Tested the accessibility of the health records on mobile devices like iPhone & iPad.
- Used HP Quality center extensively for Test Case Designing, Test Execution, Defect Reporting, Tracking and generation of summary reports.
- Attended change request meetings with users and planned the testing for the enhancements to the system
- Performed regression testing to certify the application’s functional consistency and prioritized the regression cycles based on the schedules and deliverables.
- Wrote SQL queries extensively to validate the system from back-end point of view and verification of test results.
- Attended meetings and walkthroughs and directly reported testing status to the Test Manager on a Daily basis.
- Worked with cross functional teams both onsite and offshore.
Environment: Java, HTML, Oracle Windows 2000 / XP, IE and MS-Office, HP Quality Center, QTP, iOS, iPhone, iPad.
- Reviewed user stories and designed comprehensive test cases to validate the end to end functionality.
- Documented the step by step instructions to execute the steps and collected the test data.
- Reviewed the Test cases with cross functional teams and managed the entire test documentation in HP Quality Center-ALM.
- Played active role in daily scrum meetings and discussed the accomplishments, targets and issues,
- Executed tests in Quality Center and documented the test results.
- Reported defects and tracked the same. Worked with cross functional teams to understand the issues and conducted extensive regression testing to confirm the fix.
- Organized UAT sessions and worked with real-times users to understand their concerns and conveyed the same to the development team.
- Worked with both onsite and offshore resources and coordinated the test efforts.
Environment: Java2.0, UNIX, Oracle, SQL, Windows NT / XP / 7, IE, MS-Office, HP Quality Center, HP Quick Test Professional
- Responsible for analyzing the scope documents and designing the testing strategy for every release.
- Testing responsibilities include Installation testing, Functionality testing, Windows compatibility testing, Regression testing, User acceptance testing and GUI testing.
- Responsible for preparing the entire test documentation using MS-Word.
- Worked with SQL and PL/SQL relating to testing for test dataset creation and results verification.
- Designed Test Plans and other testing documentation as per IEEE standards.
- Generation of Automation test scripts using Mercury QTP and enhancement of the functionality of the Script for automation of testing Scenario
- Manipulated and customized the script adding functions to enhance the script performance.
- Maintained and supervised the entire Testing Process including the Bug Tracking using Quality Center.
Environment: Java, Oracle, HP Mercury -Quality Center, HP Mercury - QTP, Windows XP, IE, MS-Office.