- Over 7 years of experience in Information Technology, with specializing in Software Quality Assurance Testing, proficient in testing on Client/Server and Web based applications.
- Extensive working experience on all phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), its methodologies and process.
- Experience in developing end to end automation using Selenium WebDriver/RC/IDE/Grid, Junit/TestNG, ANT, Maven, Jenkins, Cucumber, Web Services (REST, SOAP).
- Sound knowledge on Junit, TestNG framework for Unit testing, Maven and Ant for Project building tool, Jenkins for Continuous Integration.
- Expert in developing Java Selenium/WebDriver test scripts and Test Frameworks using Junit/TestNG to perform Functional and Unit Testing.
- Experience in using Jenkins/Hudson as a Continuous Integration server to configure with Ant/Maven.
- Experienced in using Maven build tools to manage framework dependency jar files.
- Good Experience in Data Driven, Keyword Driven, and Hybrid Frameworks with Junit and Apache POI.
- Good experience in Web Services testing using SOAP UI, XML, & WSDL. Providing required input data to request XML & get teh required data from response XML & use teh response data from other request XML using SOAPUI.
- Experienced using Web - debugging tool like Fire Path and Firebug for finding elements locator.
- Good experience in Selenium Test environment setup using a wide range of open Source tools.
- Experienced in providing teh efficient locators strategy like XPath and CSS to run WebDriver script in stable condition.
- Experience with comprehensive understanding of all phases of Test Life Cycle, including requirements gathering, test planning, scheduling, testing, defect tracking and reporting.
- Experience in analyzing business specification documents, developing Test Plans, Test Strategy, Test Scope and defining Test Cases and Automating Test Scripts.
- Expertise in Smoke Testing, Backed end Testing, Black-Box Testing, User Acceptance Testing (UAT), Functional Testing, Positive/Negative Testing, System Testing, Regression Testing, GUI Software Testing, Ad-hoc Testing, Boundary Value Testing.
- Expert using open source bug tracking tool JIRA, HP ALM, Quality Center and BugZilla.
- Experience in both Waterfall (Software Development Life Cycle -SDLC) and Agile Project Environment.
- Deep understanding of Test Driven Development (TDD) methodology.
- Ability to adapt to new environment quickly, strong team player, good communication, good analytical and computation skills, enthusiastic learner, confident, sincere and committed.
- Excellent experience in troubleshooting software applications for business functions in major areas of teh business and enterprise-wide.
Testing Tools: Selenium WebDriver/RC/IDE/GRID, QTP, HP Quality Center, SOAP UI, ALM, Cucumber, Jenkins
Test Framework: Junit, TestNG
Project Methodologies: Agile-Scrum, Waterfall, V-Model
Defect Tracking Tools: Jira, BugZilla, IBM Rational ClearQuest, ALM
Build Tools: Ant, Maven
Databases: Oracle, DB2, SQL Server, MS Access
Operating Systems: Windows variants, UNIX
Confidential, Albany, NY
QA Automation Engineer
- Analyzed business requirements and functional documents, created teh test strategy document dat define teh test environment, phases of testing, entrance and exit criteria into different phases of testing and resources required to conduct teh effort.
- Involved in defining test automation strategy and test scenarios, created automated test cases, test plans and executed tests using Selenium WebDriver and JAVA.
- Followed Test Driven Development (TDD) as much as possible and written test cases using TestNG for every relevant class.
- Involved in design and implementation of Selenium WebDriver automation framework for smoke and regression test suites (TestNG and Maven).
- Configured Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, Maven tool and created Selenium automation scripts in java.
- Worked on distributed test automation execution on different environment as part of Continuous Integration Process using Selenium Grid and Jenkins.
- Involved in writing Test Cases by using Wireframe, Design docs and Acceptance criteria.
- Drafted Test Plan which included testing objectives, testing phases, scenarios and test environment after a thorough analysis of teh business rules.
- Used Selenium WebDriver for writing test scripts for regression test coverage.
- Implemented open source web test tool Selenium WebDriver for cross browser and cross platform web testing.
- Automating teh web Gui functionality usingpython
- Implemented POM (Page Object Model) automation framework using JAVA, Selenium WebDriver and Cucumber.
- Involved in using Jenkins as a Continuous Integration server to configure with Maven.
- Extended TestNG framework by adding some halper classes and methods.
- Used XPath and DOM to work with dynamic and static objects in Selenium.
- Used Firebug to do web based application testing with selenium for teh commands and locator application.
- Involved in providing teh efficient locators strategy like XPath, modified XPath and CSS to run WebDriver script in stable condition.
- Involved in SOAP & REST based web services testing using SOAP UI PRO web services testing tool.
- Responsible for creating requests and building test scenarios using Postman.
- Created manual test cases, reviewed with different stakeholders to validate teh functionality.
- Reviewed database test cases according to assigned Requirements to validate reports by retrieving data with complex SQL queries from oracle database.
- Attend teh BRI (Business Requirement Identification) meeting to understand teh business Requirements.
- Edit and debug tests using Selenium Participated in meeting, teleconferences walk through with teh development team, QA manager and Project manager (PM).
- Verified, edited and update test data in new or existing systems before testing.
- Coordinated with technical support associates to fix proprietary software issues.
Confidential, Detroit, MI
QA Automaton Engineer
- Interacted with Project manager, business analysts and developers to understand teh application design and functional specifications.
- Effectively implemented different QA methodologies/policies, strategies and plans in all stages of SDLC.
- Designed and Developed Test Cases for automated testing using Selenium, TestNG and Eclipse IDE.
- Converted commercial QTP Scripts to open source Selenium WebDriver scripts to maximize teh profits of teh company without compromising Quality.
- Involved in configuring application framework by processing excel spreadsheets using Apache POI and executing teh test scripts parallel using TestNG.
- Executed test cases using TestNG parameters, data providers, groups and parallel test suites.
- Integrated Automation scripts (Selenium WebDriver API) in Continuous Integration tools (Jenkins) for nightly batch run of teh Script. Created Project plan on Jenkins, configured scheduled using Cron job.
- Created automated Test Suite using Selenium and WebDriver.
- Performed teh White box testing using Java.
- Used Selenium WebDriver API to automate tests on cross browser and cross platform environment.
- Designed Hybrid Framework using Maven, Page Object Model & TestNG.
- Maintained automation builds on Continuous Integration (CI) tool Jenkins.
- Wrote test cases in Cucumber and automate teh web application.
- Design and prepared test plans for White Box Test Approach & Test cases.
- Responsible for understanding high level (cross-Browser) business processes related to their application area and its interfaces to other applications.
- Wrote test cases, implemented ran and added versions and iterations using Test Manager for positive, negative and END-TO-END Test cases.
- Execute and verify API changes using PostMan.
- Created automation scripts in SOAP UI using Groovy Script for web services testing.
- Performed Regression testing of applications after defects are fixed and any new functionality is implemented in to teh QA. Supported teh Business team for executing UAT test cases.
- Verified data integrity by back-end testing of teh application by writing SQL queries.
- Attended Defect Review meetings with Developers, Tech Lead, Team Lead and Project Manager to discuss issues regarding teh Open defects, resolved defects and all other defects associated to teh Source system.
- Involved in estimation and preparation of test case scenarios and test plan documentation for validating and reporting.
Confidential, Austin, TX
- Analyzed teh user requirements, functional specifications and Use Case documents and created teh Test Plans, Test cases for Functional testing.
- Used Selenium WebDriver through TestNG framework and Eclipse IDE.
- Implementing teh TestNG framework for teh test suit.
- Prepared test cases by analyzing functional requirement and documentation
- Performed Manual Testing of this Web application and automated it by using Selenium.
- Worked on Selenium GUI Object / element verification is done through XPath and CSS Locators.
- Performed GUI testing, Functional testing, Integration testing, Regression testing, Ad -hoc testing, Negative testing, End to End testing, Load testing, User Acceptance testing on multiple projects.
- Ran Selenium tests against multiple browsers using different browser profile.
- Worked with inspecting web elements using Fire Finder / Fire Bug add-on in Firefox.
- Wrote queries to extract data for testing purposes.
- Identified software defects and interacted with developers to resolve them and provided full support to teh Test team using Quality Center.
- Participated in various meetings, discussed Enhancement and Modification Request issues.
- Worked under Agile Scrum Methodology.
- Reported teh bugs/defects through Quality Center.
Environment: Selenium WebDriver, Java, TestNG, Eclipse, Quality Center, Firebug, FirePath, XPath, CSS, Agile, PL/SQL, HTML, Oracle, Windows XP.
Confidential, Philadelphia, PA
- Prepared a detail test schedule on a day-to-day basis for teh project members to know teh status of teh QA Process.
- Coordinated with cross-functional teams during test preparation and execution.
- Created Automation test framework using Selenium WebDriver.
- Performed Smoke, Functional, System, Integration, Regression and Performance testing.
- Prepared test data for testing teh application in various test phases.
- Developed Test Framework in Selenium for UI Regression Test Automation and when necessary, and potentially execute Unit Test automation (Java).
- Checked teh navigation and teh links of teh application.
- Performed Integration testing, System testing and Functional testing.
- Executed test case and linked them with requirements in Quality Center.
- Performed bug tracking, including submitting and assigning defects to teh application developers using Quality Center.
- Tracked, Managed and documented teh performance of teh application during UAT.
- Interacted with Developers and System Analysts to understand teh severity of teh defects.
Environment: Selenium WebDriver, QC, TOAD, JSP, Web Logic, HTML, XML, Windows XP.
- Reviewed requirements, designed documents to understand system implementation, including process flows, screen layouts, error handling, etc.
- Involved in developing test methodologies, test plans and manual test cases for teh application and prepared UAT test Plan.
- Involved in teh preparation of Test plans, Test cases, Test data and Test scripts according to requirements in teh Requirement documentation.
- Created and updated test cases in Excel sheets and generate Traceability Matrix.
- Executed teh test cases manually and automation as necessary and worked on XML.
- Performed thorough Database functionality tests and verified teh Business Logic Implementation by constructing and executing some SQL statements.
- Tested manually teh various navigation steps and basic functionality of teh application.
- Developed Test Objectives and Test Plans.
- Performed Regression Testing after every new release.
- Tested User Interface inconsistency and application functionality.
- Involved in System testing.
- Involved in various types of testing like System Integration, Security and Browser Compatibility.
- Provided weekly status reports to teh management.
- Ensured teh appropriate parties review and sign-off on test cases prior to test execution.
Environment: Quality Center, MS Access, SQL Server, HTML, MS Outlook Express, Windows XP, Internet Explorer 8/7.0.