- Seeking a technically challenging position in the field of Software Quality Assurance and testing that will utilize my strengths and noledge, providing a highly motivated, progressive, friendly environment, and which allows the pursuit of career advancement and expand my noledge and skills.
- Over 8+ years of experience in IT industry wif focus on Quality Assurance and testing applications.
- Experience in implementing QA Methodologies, Test plans, Test cases and Test scenarios.
- Well versed wif Software development life cycle (SDLC) and Software testing life cycle using various methodologies, such as Waterfall and Agile Methodology.
- Experience in analyzing the business requirements, Functional requirement and Use cases.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret business requirements to actionable test plans.
- Proficient in all phases of Test Life Cycle from test planning to defect tracking and managing defect life cycle.
- Knowledge of eCommerce, Retail Data Warehouse application, POS applications.
- Experience in manual testing using user interface and proficient in Black Box Testing, Regression Testing, User Acceptance Testing and experience in Bug Tracking.
- Experienced in high level language like C# and Java.
- Good experience wif Selenium IDE on creating C# or Java test scripts for Black Box Testing and White Box Testing.
- Working noledge on MS Team Foundation Service (TFS) and Jira tool for project management, reporting, managing requirements using MS Visual Studio and Eclipse respectively.
- Experienced in web applications testing wif Selenium IDE, Selenium RC and Selenium Grid.
- Extensive experience in using Selenium WebDriver API for writing Junit and NUnit test suites and test cases for testing functionality wif the Selenium Server.
- Experienced in writing complex SQL queries on MS SQL Server.
- Experienced in Web Service/API testing using SOAPUI.
- Experienced in designing and building Frameworks like Behavior Driven Development (BDD/TDD) using Selenium Web driver.
- Quick learner wif strong Analytical and Problem - Solving skills, Multi-Tasking abilities and proven experience in utilizing process noledge of various technologies and domains.
- Good interaction wif developers, managers and team members to coordinate job tasks.
- Good team player wif excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strongly motivated, enthusiastic, dedicated, and goal oriented.
Test Tool / Framework: Selenium Webdriver, Selenium IDE, Selenium Grid, HP Quality Center, MS Test Manager, SOAPUI, Advanced REST client, Postman, Jenkins, Cucumber, Specflow
Programming Language: C#, Java
Databases: MS SQL Server, Oracle, MS Access
Web Technologies: HTML, XML
Methodologies: Waterfall, Agile/SCRUM
Others: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project.
Confidential, Denver, CO
- Reviewed the requirements and technical specifications for development of a test plan and developed high level test cases.
- Worked wif Business Analysts and end users while developing test cases, test scenarios also while testing the application.
- Involved in developing test plan, test strategy and procedures for Unit test, System test, and acceptance test.
- Created and maintained Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM) to ensure all the requirements are covered.
- Participated in walkthroughs and interacted wif other development team members to better understand system functionality in order to improve testing quality.
- Tested web services using SOAPUI to test the XML requests and the responses.
- Performed End-to- End (E2E) Integration testing of the application.
- Developed numerous SQL statements to view, modify, insert and delete data into and from the required tables to test the test scenarios.
- Extensively used Selenium Webdriver wif C# to automate their UI.
- Coordinate wif Developers for defect analysis and performing Regression Testing.
- Implemented Behavior Driven Development (BDD) approach using Specflow and Gherkin language.
- Categorized Test Scenarios (Critical, High, Medium and Low) based on Core Functionality.
- Used TFS for Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment.
- Implemented Selenium WebDriver Synchronization features such as Implicit Wait, Explicit Wait using C#.
- Used developer tools to debug, edit and locate the objects based on ID, Name, XPath, CSS Selector, Link, Partial Link, Attributes and Tags.
- Conducted System Testing and User Acceptance Testing for every client and Conducted Backend testing writing extensive SQL queries.
- Involved in System Testing, Positive Testing, Negative Testing, and Regression Testing and Verified data integration using SQL.
- Prepared detailed manual and automated testing scripts test plans test scenarios test cases and test scripts by understanding the business logic.
- Involved in UAT and production support activities.
Environment: C#, Selenium Webdriver, SoapUI, E2E, SQL Server, HTML, ASP.NET
Confidential, Madison, WI
- Involved in analyzing Business Requirement Documents and Technical Specification document and developed test plan and test cases for testing the application.
- Participated in requirement reviews and analyzed Modification requests and Enhancement requests.
- Tested independent and dependent modules individually.
- Prepared Test Matrix to keep track of the requirements and the test cases.
- Define, develop, and execute automation test scripts using Java that leverage black and white box testing across functional, non-functional and performance testing.
- Created automation framework in Selenium WebDriver using behavior driven (BDD) approach like Cucumber.
- Extensively used Page Objects design and page navigation framework for readable test script and easy maintenance from developer perspectives.
- Integrated Automation scripts (Selenium WebDriver API) in Continuous Integration tools (Jenkins) for nightly batch run of the Script.
- Developed test automation scripts using Selenium WebDriver for regression and performance testing of the various releases of the application.
- Performed manual testing of each build and tan regression testing on each builds using Selenium WebDriver.
- Performed UI testing and front end testing using Selenium Webdriver and Java.
- Worked on Cross Browser testing through Selenium WebDriver by testing the website on different browsers like Chrome, IE and Firefox.
- Done SOA testing for Payments API using Postman and Java framework for web services testing.
- Developed data driven test scripts to check the same functionality wif multiple sets of data.
- Created the tests that has no user interaction as a set and executed them as Batch tests using Maven.
- Used TestNG Annotations in Selenium WebDriver and Java and executed a batch of tests as TestNG suite.
- Performed Assertions like Schema Compliance, XPath and SOAP responses.
- Checked the data flow through the front end to backend and used SQL queries, to extract the data from the Oracle database.
- Involved in documentation as to how to maintain and run scripts for future enhancements.
- Responsible for testing the application against different environments in QA, staging and production.
- Analyzed the business requirements, developed test plans and created test cases in Quality center, a test management tool.
Environment: Java, Selenium WebDriver, Cucumber, TestNG, Jenkins, SOAPUI, OracleMaven, IE, Firefox, Chrome, WebLogic, Windows, UNIX.
Confidential, Dallas, TX
Automation Quality Assurance Analyst/ Tester
- Developed test cases for various scenarios based upon requirements, designs and specifications.
- Attended daily Scrum Meetings wif the Team Lead and Developers and executed daily tasks based on the Agile Methodology.
- Developed and executed Test Suites and Test Scripts based on the requirement documents and using Test Manager.
- Executed test cases manually and verified actual results against expected results.
- Detected, Reported and Tracked bugs using Test manager.
- Performed Sanity, Functional, Negative, Regression, System, Integration, End to End and Backend testing.
- Participated at requirements reviews, design reviews, test plan and test case review.
- Worked wif Team Foundation Server (TFS) for version control, source-control, bug reporting and project documents.
- Updated regression test cases in Selenium WebDriver using C# programming language.
- Modified test plans in accordance wif changing requirements.
- Created and executed SQL statements to verify the data in the backend.
- Utilized Test Manager for managing software testing process including planning tests, executing tests, defect tracking and reporting.
- Integrated Automation scripts in Continuous Integration tools (Jenkins) for nightly batch run of the Script.
- Tested web services using Postman/Advanced REST Client.
- Developed and executed SQL joins to validate the results in Web Services and Front end wif Database.
- Handle High severity issues on priority.
- Responsible for weekly status updates showing the progress of the testing effort and open issues to be resolved.
- Attended review, defect and go no-go meetings.
Environment: C#, Selenium Webdriver, Postman, Advanced REST Client, Jenkins, MS Test Manager, Visual Studio, TFS, .NET, SQL, MS Excel, MS Visio, Agile.
Confidential, Glen Allen, VA
QA Automation Tester
- Involved in analyzing System Requirements and developing test plans for Functional and Regression testing.
- Involved in writing test cases and test plan.
- Performed test execution, defect tracking and problem analysis (root cause & risk).
- Involved in the weekly status Report update wif the Manager.
- Involved in the Weekly Bug's Status Meetings along wif QA team and Development team.
- Developed and maintained automated test scripts to support regression testing and participated actively in system testing and regression testing.
- Designed and developed automation scripts using Selenium Webdriver wif Java.
- Exported test case scripts (Java-Selenium RC) in Eclipse IDE, modified and executed the selenium scripts, and prepared the automation test framework.
- Responsible for manual testing, Reporting, Analyzing, and keep Tracking defects using Jira.
- Executing the test cases and reporting defect to Configuration Team and developers Jira.
- Validated the system by using the test cases prepared for ICD9, ICD10 and also for Migration test cases.
- Wrote tests on Cucumber as part of the BDD.
- Retrieved records from multiple tables from Oracle Database by using joins such as Inner Joins, Outer Joins, and Self Joins.
- Participated in walkthroughs to discuss the defects logged in to the defect tracking tool wif the developers and the Business Analysts.
Environment: Selenium Webdriver, Java, Eclipse, Behavior Driven Development, Cucumber, Jira, Oracle, SQL, Agile.
Confidential, Dallas, TX
QA Automation/Manual Analyst
- As a QA Engineer my duties involved testing the retail POS application such as inventory management, customer historical data, Point of sale features and batch process.
- Involved in writing and reviewing Test plans, Executing Test Cases, Test scripts, Test Scenarios, Test Data based on the requirement documents and tracked the defects in Jira.
- Performed Validation address, Telephone numbers and Billing Address.
- Performed Development Integration, Functional, Regression and End to End User Acceptance testing for the data services.
- Identified test cases to automate. Automate those test cases using Selenium WebDriver, TestNG and Java technologies (Eclipse IDE). Contributed in framework creation.
- Performed the Web testing of the Confidential .com application for browser dependency.
- Supported test activities associated wif Product Point of Sales and verified and processed transaction in POS.
- Interacting wif the Developers on a regular basis for application updates and enhancements.
- Developed and Executed Test Scripts using Selenium WebDriver and TestNG using Java.
- Converted commercial QTP Scripts to open source Selenium WebDriver scripts to maximize the profits of the company wifout compromising Quality.
- Created and Executed SQL queries to fetch data from an Oracle database server to
- Performed Regression testing to Validate addition of new patch to ensure that existing functionality is not broken.
Environment: Java, Eclipse IDE, Selenium Webdriver, TestNG, SQL, MS-Word, Oracle, MS-Excel, Jira, QTP, POS.
Confidential, Richmond, TX
- Involved in attending Scrum meetings and gather business requirements and coordinate wif business analysts and developers to convert Sprints to testable requirements.
- Working in Agile methodology wif SDLC.
- Manually tested the whole application before going for the automated testing.
- Executed manual test cases and verified actual results wif expected results.
- Creating automated test scripts by modifying the existing functions.
- Conducting regression test, by using the automated scripts for QTP.
- Performed functional, stress, and load testing.
- Performed retesting after fixing the bugs manually.
- Conducting benchmark testing for performance for each Sprint.
- Creating performance graphs for each Sprint.
Environment: Windows, QTP, Quality Center, SQL Server, Agile Methodology (Scrum/Sprint)