- Hands - on experience for over 7 years in Information Technology with emphasis on Quality Assurance(QA) in both Manual and Automation testing.
- Good understanding and experience working on AGILE Methodologies and involved in all phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC).
- Experienced in formulating Test Plans, Test cases, Test Scenarios, Test Approach and set up a testing environment to perform Functional, System, Smoke, Regression, Integration, User Acceptance Testing (UAT), and Compatibility Testing of Web & Client server-based Applications.
- Designed and Developed Automation test scripts in C# and Java implementing the test in Selenium WebDriver.
- Extensive experience in using Selenium WebDriver API for writing TestNG/JUnit and NUnit test suites and test cases for testing functionality with the Selenium Server.
- Strong Knowledge of Web Services/API and SOA (Service Oriented Architecture).
- Extensive experience working with TDD, BDD, DDD framework using C#, Java, Specflow and Cucumber.
- Experienced in rest API automation using HttpClient, JSON.NET and also manually testing them using a browser plugin like Postman.
- Extensively used web services and API validation tools like RESTful, SoapUI to validate SOAP/WSDL and web services and API for Request and Response.
- Good knowledge on Jenkins. Created jobs for Automation Scripts on Jenkins for batch run and schedule runs.
- Hands-on experience in writing SQL queries and executing procedures to perform back-end testing for the expected results.
- Effective experience in Database Testing of RDBMS in MS SQL Server, MS Access and Oracle.
- Expertise in Problem solving and Defect Tracking Tools like Team Foundation Server (TFS), Quality Center, Bugzilla, and JIRA.
- Strong experience in functional and User Acceptance Testing using Selenium WebDriver on both platforms as well as cross-platform web testing on all major web browsers (Safari, Google Chrome, Firefox, and IE).
- Excellent analytical and programming abilities in using technology to create elegant, flexible and maintainable solutions for the complex testing problem.
- Self-motivated team player with excellent problem-solving skills and ability to learn new technologies and tools quickly.
Languages: C#, Java, ASP.NET, .Net, HTML, SQL, PL/SQL, T-SQL
Operating Systems: Windows, LINUX/UNIX
Databases/software: Oracle, SQL Server, MS Access, MS Office, SharePoint, MS Excel
Tools: TFS, JIRA, TestNG, NUnit, Maven, SoapUI, RESTful, Selenium Webdriver, Cucumber, Specflow, Bitbucket, Jenkins, Microsoft Test Manager, Postman
Browser: IE, Safari, Google Chrome, Firefox
Methodologies: Waterfall, Agile
Confidential, Englewood, CO
SDET / QA Automation Engineer
- Worked on multiple web-based applications and carried out the QA testing process by getting involved in all stages of the testing life cycle and implemented various methodologies.
- Created test cases for new enhancements and supporting builds by smoke testing, functional testing and regression testing of the application.
- Analyzed the business requirements, developed test plans and created various test cases, reported status and updated tests in Team Foundation Server (TFS).
- Worked with the Web programming language HTML5, CSS3, XML and selected web element by using developer tools.
- Performed manual testing of each build and then regression testing on each build using Selenium WebDriver.
- Used XPath, CSS Selector, ID, Name, Link Text locators to identify objects.
- Created and implemented C# automation scripts using Selenium WebDriver to conduct UI testing of the application.
- Created automation framework in Selenium WebDriver and NUnit using behavior-driven approach (BDD) such as Specflow.
- Used Postman to manually test RESTful web services and APIs using various methods.
- Performed automated web services testing using .NET HTTP client libraries.
- Integrated Automation scripts (Selenium WebDriver API) in Continuous Integration tools (Jenkins) for the nightly batch run of the Script.
- Implemented SQL queries for Database testing for data validation, data integration testing and built-in functions to retrieve, update, validate and integrate from the databases.
- Conducted System Testing and User Acceptance Testing for every client.
- Involved in documentation as to how to maintain and run scripts for future enhancements. Responsible for testing the application against different environments in QA, staging, and production.
- Attended daily stand up meetings and periodic update test status, final test summary to Project Manager.
Environment: TFS, Visual Studio, Selenium WebDriver, Specflow, NUnit, Postman, .NET HTTP client libraries, C#, .NET, XPath, Visual Studio, SQL Server.
Confidential, St. Louis, MO
SDET / QA Automation Engineer
- Worked in an Agile environment as IT QA Analyst to perform Planning, Coding, Debugging, Maintaining and Enhance the test scripts for Selenium Automation as well as Manual Testing.
- Extensively involved in all stages of the testing life cycle, Test Driven Development methodologies and Software Development Life cycle (SDLC) using Agile, Scrum methodologies.
- Used Source Code Management tools Git and GitHub to maintaining the Selenium (JAVA) automation scripts and resources to support building, deploying the automating project in JENKINS.
- Designed structured User Interface UI automated Test cases using Selenium WebDriver in JAVA for web-based software products used to perform software testing.
- Performed Smoke, Functional, GUI/design, Block Box, End to End, Navigational and Regression tests during the execution phase.
- Used TestNG and its annotations, writing customizable scripts, separating and breaking tests into multiple methods, priorities the test cases and used TestNG Assert class for verification.
- Wrote customized Xpath and CSS selectors manually using id, class, link texts, name as locators in Selenium Test scripts.
- Developed BDD tests using Cucumber by writing behaviors and step definitions. Developed required Selenium support code in JAVA for Cucumber.
- Used Apache HTTP client libraries and Postman tool to test SOA based architecture application to test SOAP web services and REST API.
- Configured Maven for JAVA automation projects and developed Maven project object model (POM).
- Analyzing defects and interacting with the development team for bug fixes using Jira.
- Performed Back end testing using SQL queries to make sure that data entered has been uploaded correctly into the database tables.
- Interacted with business analysts and developers to resolve technical issues to meet the client's requirement for a better quality software product.
Environment: Windows, Jira, Apache HTTP client libraries, REST, Selenium WebDriver, SQL Server, JAVA, CSS, XML, MS Office, Postman, Cucumber, Maven
Confidential, Grand Rapids, MI
QA Automation Engineer
- Analyzed and reviewed Business and Functional Requirements documents and Use Case documents.
- Contributed to regular status meetings to state any bugs, problems, and risks.
- Developed and Executed Test cases for Functional Testing, Smoke Testing, GUI Testing, System Integration testing.
- Identified test cases to automate. Automate those test cases using Selenium WebDriver, TestNG and Java technologies (Eclipse IDE). Contributed to framework creation.
- Designed and developed automated scripts for functional, regression, sanity and integration testing using automation tool Selenium with Java.
- Built automation scripts using Data-driven Framework and TestNG Framework and conducted using Selenium with Java.
- Tested Web Services/XML/SOAP and RESTful services/API using SoapUI tool and chrome Postman plug-in.
- Established and maintained test cases and test data in JIRA.
- Used JIRA to maintained defect repository and followed the bug life cycle until the bugs are fixed or closed.
- Used Jenkins for continuous monitoring and integration of automation batch run job.
- Developed and executed several SQL queries in SQL Server as part of backend testing and involved in data validation and verifying data integrity and also to check the data flow between different Systems.
- Participated in defect review meetings with team members.
- Involved in other test planning meetings and submitted test metrics daily to the management.
Environment: Java, Jenkins, Agile, JIRA, PL/ SQL, MS SQL, SOAPUI, Oracle, Selenium Web Driver, Selenium IDE, JIRA, TestNG.
Confidential, Irving, TX
- Performed meetings with Business Analysts and End Users to review functional/technical requirements and responsible to translate business requirements into quality assurance test cases.
- Documented Test cases corresponding to business rules and other operating conditions.
- Preparing test plans and test cases that ensure the product adhere to the application requirements.
- Wrote scenarios and tests in Gherkin language in Specflow.
- Performed manual, automated testing, including functional, system and integration testing.
- Developed Automation Scripts for Functional and Regression testing using Selenium WebDriver and C#.
- Used Postman for web service API testing using POST, GET, PUT, and DELETE.
- Written several complex SQL queries for data verification and data quality checks.
- Wrote scripts to upload data into database tables on Oracle environment.
- Maintained the Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM) to track the coverage of Requirements vs. Design test cases.
- Analyzed and updated business requirements, use cases using Team Foundation Server (TFS).
- Analyzed the testing progress by conducting walkthrough meetings with internal quality assurance groups and with development groups.
Environment: C#, Selenium WebDriver, Specflow, Gherkin, RTM, TFS, MS SQL Server, Postman, Flat files, MS access
Confidential, Irving, TX
- Involved in analyzing the requirements document to formulate the test cases and conducted manual testing for the entire application.
- Involved in developing Test Plan, Test Requirements, Test Cases and detailed test cases in Excel Sheet and Test Director.
- Developed high-level test plan document along with the test specification document outlining various iterations and regression testing needed for the project.
- Performed Smoke testing, Black box Testing, Security Testing, web testing, and GUI testing.
- Tested web services using SOAPUI to test the XML requests and responses.
- Created test sets and execute those test cases in the test lab module of (Quality Center) QC to make sure the actual result is the same as the expected result.
- Checked the database and with the application queried result is being equal, for that lot of SQL queries is being extensively used to check the data from the database.
- Participated in test planning meetings and submitted test case status during the meetings.
Environment: SQL, Quality Center, Agile, Smoke Testing, Black Box Testing, Web testing, GUI Testing, MS SQL Server, SOAPUI.