- Six plus years of experience in testing of software applications with exposure to the full development cycle.
- Extensively experienced in Testing Web based and client - server Applications.
- Experienced in developing, managing and executing Test Plans.
- Expert at developing QA estimates, quality measurements and controls.
- Profound knowledge in developing and reviewing Test scenarios and Test cases.
- Performed Black box testing.
- Expertise in the Smoke Testing, Functional Testing, System Testing, Acceptance Testing, Integration Testing, End-to-End testing, and Regression testing and Back end testing.
- Experienced in working with bug tracking tools like JIRA.
- Experienced in logging defects and assigning the criticality of Defects, Root Cause Analysis, and Bug Verification utilizing HP ALM/Quality Center.
- Experienced in creating detailed bug reports and comparison charts using HP ALM/Quality Center.
- Expertise in developing custom functions using VBScript.
- Proficient in backend testing by writing SQL queries to retrieve data from databases.
- Experienced in complex integration and regression testing by creating checkpoints with QTP/UFT.
- Expertise in GUI testing using QTP/UFT.
- Experience in Automating Web Application Testing using Selenium WebDriver with TestNG framework.
- Experience in Java Programming, Selenium WebDriver, JUnit and TestNG.
- Writing Test cases using Element locators, WebDriver methods, Java programming features and TestNG Annotations.
- Executing Selenium Test Cases and Reporting defects.
- Experienced in web services testing using SOAPUI tool.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, self-starter, quick learner, team player.
- Committed and hard working with a quest to learn new technologies and willing to take up challenging tasks.
Testing Tools: HP UFT/ QTP, HP ALM, Selenium Web Driver, Selenium IDE, Jira, Soap UI
Bug Tracking Tools: HP ALM, JIRA
Web Services Testing tool: SOAP UI
Database: SQL Server, Oracle, DB2, MS Access
Operating Systems: Microsoft Windows, Linux/UNIX
Requirement Gathering Tools: Rational Requisite Pro, MS Visio
MS Tools: MS Word, MS Excel, MS Visio, PowerPoint, MS Project
Confidential, Nextel Reston, VA
- Analyzed the functionality needs to be automated based on the manual test cases and estimated time and efforts for the required functionality.
- Developed Test Plan and Test Approach artifacts with resource requirements and time estimates.
- Designed and developed Test Scenario/Test Cases/Test Steps for various Business Services/methods covering both positive and negative testing requirements.
- Raised, Tracked and verified the defects in a Defect Tracking Tool - JIRA.
- Extensively involved in performing the backend testing of the application to develop and execute various SQL Queries to perform validity of the data.
- Wrote SQL queries to check the integrity of the data. Regression test cases were written and automated using Selenium WebDriver.
- Created and enhanced numerous test scripts to handle changes in the objects, in the tested application's GUI and in the testing, environment using Selenium WebDriver and IDE.
- Used Selenium tool (Selenium IDE is a plug-in to Firefox) to record and playback tests and then export the recorded test in other language e.g. HTML, Java.
- Implemented Selenium WebDriver for compatibility testing.
- Involved in writing test scripts using java and executed it through selenium Cucumber.
- Performed and schedule automated tests using Selenium WebDriver using TestNG framework.
- Involved in Automation Environment setup using Eclipse, Java, Selenium WebDriver jars and TestNG.
- Developed the Automation Test Script in Selenium WebDriver using java based on the design pattern Page Object Model for reusability.
- Executed of Selenium Test cases and Reporting defects.
- Enhanced the Selenium Test cases for Cross browser testing.
- Tested Backend web Service using SOAP UI.
- Identified issues and reported for the browser compatibility.
- Performed regular meetings with BA, Development Lead on the progress and issues.
- Involved in audit meetings and got an initiative to reach QA testing goals.
Environment: Selenium IDE, Selenium WebDriver, Agile Methodology, TestNG, JIRA, HP ALM, Jenkins, SoapUI, ATDD, HTML, XML, Oracle, Java, Ajax, UNIX, Windows, MS Word, Excel, MS Access, PowerPoint, MS Outlook.
Confidential, New Jersey, U.S
- Worked in different stages of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), which involved in gathering business requirements, developing Use Cases, Test Cases, UAT support, Production Support.
- Created and executed Test scripts to verify complex system requirements.
- Created Test Cases based on Test Plan, Business and Functional requirement documents in different test Methodologies.
- Responsible for setting up the Test Scenarios by doing Data Setup.
- Reviewed Test Plans, Test Cases for the testing of the project.
- Executed Test cases until the actual results equal to expected results.
- Maintained Test Matrix for latest test results information.
- Worked onAgile(SCRUM) Methodology and usedJIRAfor defect tracking.
- Tracked defects using HP ALM and interacted with developers to resolve any defects.
- Performed Test case management by HP ALM.
- Constructed complex SQL queries to validate the data in between Source Tables as per the Transformations defined in Data Specification documents.
- Prepared Automation scripts for Regression suite in UFT.
- Implemented UFT using VB Script, descriptive programming.
- Applied integrated UFT regression scripts with server.
- Applied Quality Assurance (QA) checkpoints by using UFT.
- Performed Functional Testing of the Web services usingSoap UI.
- Attended weekly Project Status Meeting with Development team and QA Manager, and worked closely with QA Manager to define Test Scope, Gap Analysis, Risk, Dependency and Constraints.
- Developed and documented effective test procedures, which effectively directed others’ work.
Environment: CSS, C, C++, Soap UI, MS Word, MS Excel, HP ALM, UFT, JIRA, Java Script, VB Script, PHP, Windows, Java, SQL, C#, HTML, XML, UNIX.
Confidential, Columbia, SC
- Created Test plans according to the User and Functional Specifications.
- Validated product compliance by executing Test Cases with requirement.
- Executed Test Reporting and Analysis of Test Results.
- Executed Regression and Integration Test cases to communicate Test results.
- Used the guidelines and artifacts of the agile methodology effort in different iterations and phases of the Software Development Life Cycle.
- Performed Black Box and User Acceptance Testing.
- Logged the defects into Quality Center/ALM.
- Wrote test cases and executed tests using Quality Center/ALM.
- Performed back-end testing in Oracle Database Server using PL/SQL queries.
- Performed data-driven Testing for multiple sets of data using QTP/UFT.
- Generated automated test scripts for functional and regression testing using QTP/UFT.
- Participated in bug review meetings on behalf of the QA team.
- Performed quality assurance reviews on all System Development Life Cycle.
- Worked with Users to develop Test cases for user acceptance testing.
- Attended daily project status meetings and weekly QA status meetings.
Environment: QTP/UFT, Quality Center/ALM, MS Visio, MS Excel, HTML, Java, Oracle, Windows, Java Script, VB Script, Web Services, UNIX, MS Word.