- Over 5+ years of experience in Software Testing (Automation and Manual) with a solid understanding of Test Planning, Test Design, Test Execution, Defect Reporting and Tracking.
- Expertise in SQA (Software Quality Assurance) including Manual and Automation testing using Selenium WebDriver, Selenium IDE, Java, TestNG/JUnit, Maven/Ant, Cucumber, Jenkins, Soap UI/Postman.
- Experienced in Maintaining the Selenium WebDriver and Java automation code and resources in sources such as control as Git/GitHub.
- Extensively experienced in implementing QA Methodologies, Test Plans, Test Cases, Test Scenarios and Test deliverables for various applications.
- Expertise in functional testing, integration testing, regression testing, black box testing, gray box testing, unit testing, GUI testing, API testing, UAT, browser compatibility testing. designing customized Key driven,Test Data Driven, and Hybrid Framework using Selenium WebDriver, Java, TestNG.
- Expertise in using Selenium WebDriver to automate tests on cross - browser across different browsers such as Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox in different Operating Systems to serve cross-platform testing environment using Selenium GRID.
- Experienced on working XML, XPATH and designing Web Services using WSDL, SOAP, and REST Methods.
- Testing Web Services: SOAP and REST API requests using SOAP UI and Postman.
- Good skill in Test Management and Tracking, Test Execution, Test Report generation, and Analysis using HP ALM, Quality Center and JIRA.
- Experienced in writing and executing SQL queries to perform Data Validation and Back end testing of databases to check the integrity of data.
- Experienced in the Fast-paced environments like Agile and Scrum Methodologies.
- Close interaction with designers and software developers to understand application functionality and performance issues.
- Excellent communication, problem-solving skills, coordination, documentation, project planning and interpersonal skills.
Testing Tools: Selenium WebDriver/RC/IDE/GRID, Soap UI, Postman, Cucumber.
Languages: HTML, CSS, Java, XML
Test Framework: Junit, TestNG.
Project Methodologies: AgileScrum, Waterfall, V: Model.
Defect Tracking Tools: HP ALM, Quality Center, Jira
Build Tools: Ant, Maven.
Continuous Integration Tools: Jenkins.
Databases: Oracle, SQL Server
Operating Systems: Windows variants, UNIX.
Confidential, San Francisco, CA
Test Automation Engineer
- Worked with the Business Analysts to determine Business Requirements and set standards for Performance Evaluation.
- Executed manual and automated test cases following the schedules and test plans to ensure defects identification and remediation prior to implementation into production.
- Involved in developing automation framework for Selenium WebDriver in Data Driven Framework model.
- Developed and implemented robust MVC pattern base testing with Selenium WebDriver which cut down the script development time in half.
- Developed test code for testing in Java using Eclipse, Selenium WebDriver and TestNG framework.
- Involved in design and implementation of Selenium WebDriver automation framework for smoke and regression test suites (TestNG).
- Used TestNG for testing framework. Implemented the script deployment in TestNG.
- Maintained and executed Maven build files for running automated tests. Used Maven to help manage project's build, report, and documentation across the network.
- Involved in creating automation test scripts usingselenium, cucumber built on Eclipse IDE Used Gherkin languages to write features and scenarios.
- Responsible in deploying the code builds to testing server from Jenkins. Used Jenkins as a Continuous Integration server to configure with GitHub.
- Implemented Data Driven automation framework and enhanced test scripts for better reusability and repeatability using MS Excel and XML based input test data.
- Performed GUI, Functional testing by automated using Selenium. Used Selenium WebDriver for writing test scripts for regression test coverage.
- Worked on Data Driven Framework and MVC for Automation test scripts. Integrated Selenium WebDriver with existing API to test framework.
- Involved in writing custom X-path Expression and CSS Selector to identify Web Elements.
- Performed web services testing with Postman by validating request and response for XML files.
- Created and executed test sets, logged and maintained defects, acquired documentation of test results using HP ALM.
- Conducted backend testing using SQL queries to validate data for database and Used SQL queries for retrieving data from the database for executing user-specific test cases.
- Performed Scrum (Agile) methodology for testing the application.
- Participated in Stand-up meeting, walkthrough meeting, weekly automation meeting with all other QA, weekly assessment meetings with business analysts and developers.
Environment: Java, Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, Maven, Cucumber, Eclipse, XPath, CSS, XML, GitHub, Postman, HP ALM, SQL, Agile and Windows.
Confidential, Columbus, OH
Automation Engineer (QA)
- Involved in analyzing Business Requirement Documents and Technical Specification document and developed test plan and test cases for testing the application.
- Created functional automation scripts using Selenium and involved in creation of automation framework using Selenium WebDriver and testing.
- Wrote data driven cross browser automation test cases using TestNG framework.
- Developed Utilities functions for designing the Functional Library using Selenium WebDriver with Java/TestNG.
- Developed Test Framework in Selenium for UI Regression Test Automation and when necessary, and potentially execute Unit Test automation (TestNG).
- Executed automated test suites on multiple platforms using Selenium Grid and Maven Scripts for each deployment and presented results in Excel.
- Developed features and test scripts using BDD (Behavior driven development) in Cucumber. Implemented Page Object Model design Pattern into Cucumber framework.
- Configured and launched builds using Jenkins jobs and analyzed the Test Results from Jenkins UI.
- Involved in Smoke testing, sanity testing, Automation testing, Functional testing, Regression testing and Black Box Testing, White Box Testing and DB testing, REST API.
- Used FireBug to find XPATH and CSS locators to locate web elements.Worked on XML files to validate against XML Schema.
- Involved in Web services/data driven testing using Postman.
- Implementation of Web testing tools such as Postman to test the calls to the web services and check if correct data is returned.
- Used Quality Center as the test repository and used it for executing the test cases and scripts and logging and generating various reports and graphs for further analysis.
- Written different kinds of SQL queries like creation, updates, inserts, deletion, joins etc., in to perform Backend testing of the application for validating the saved data that comes from Frontend.
- Worked in Agile/Scrum methodology performed agile testing to check the entire functionality of the application.
- Involved in weekly walkthroughs and inspection meetings, to verify the status of the testing effort and the project as a whole and leading offshore team.
Environment: Java, Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, Eclipse, Maven, Cucumber, Jenkins, Postman, Firebug, XPath, CSS, XML, Quality Centre, SQL, Agile and Windows.
Confidential, Rochester, NY
QA Test Engineer
- Analyzed functional requirements and documented the user specifications and business rules.
- Identified test cases to automate. Automate those test cases using Selenium WebDriver, TestNG and Java (Eclipse IDE). Contributed in framework creation.
- Used Selenium WebDriver and TestNG to run the parallel testing.
- Created the tests that have no user interaction as a set and executed them as Batch tests using Maven.
- Worked on distributed test automation execution on different environment as part of Continuous Integration Process using Selenium Grid and Jenkins.
- Involved in Hybrid (Keyword & data) driven framework design using Selenium WebDriver.
- Extensively used Selenium IDE to record, playback and debug individual test cases, using Selenium WebDriver provided more flexibility in automating test cases.
- Involved in testing of web applications and Web Services and xml data validation of business rules and business logic and used SOAP UI Used XPath and DOM to work with dynamic and static objects in Selenium.
- Executed SOAP based web services for API testing (Java client and Soap UI).
- Created SOAP UI projects for testing the integration of SOA Broker with the Federated Security component on Windows and UNIX platforms.
- Prepared Test Plan and wrote Test Cases and executed test scripts as well as tracked bugs and generated defect report using Jira.
- Conducted backend testing using SQL queries to validate data for database and Used SQL queries for retrieving data from database for executing user specific test cases.
- Successfully Completed User Acceptance Testing (UAT) on each release of the project with the help of end user requirements.
- Closely involved with development team, maintenance team and business team regarding changing requirements, builds and releases.
Environment: Java, Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, Maven, Cucumber, Jenkins, Soap UI, Eclipse, XPath, Jira, DOM, SQL, UNIX and Windows.
Confidential, Boca Raton, FL.
- Involved in preparation of test plans in accordance with the business requirements.
- Maintained and Updated test plans, test cases, test environment, and test ware through SDLC.
- Develop, maintain test automation framework using Selenium to test Web Application.
- Developed automation framework for Selenium WebDriver in Modular Framework model.
- Performed Regression testing on new builds, every modification in the application using Selenium WebDriver.
- Implemented Selenium GRID for compatibility testing.
- Involved in GUI, Functional, System Testing, Integration, Regression, Back-end and UAT Testing.
- Created process flows, diagrams, RTM matrix and test coverage strategies to help team members to better understand the various scenarios of testing.
- Evaluated and reported results and tracked bugs using Jira.
- Tested the Reports developed in Actuate, Business Objects to ensure for the right data and calculations.
- Ensured to meet the project timelines and escalate the risk identified during the testing process.
- Design/implement automates test scripts and run them during integration.
- Developed and executed tests for Web services for Get, Post, Put and Delete response testing.
- Created web service request chain tests for orchestrated and complex choreographed SOA validation and UAT for quality measured approach for web service integration in enterprise.
- Communicated with support, business and development teams to resolve issues during test execution.
- Involved in managing onsite & offshore project team - work direction, estimation, resource management and issue resolution.
- Tracked the testing progress by conducting walk through meetings with internal quality assurance and development teams.
Environment: Manual Testing, Selenium IDE/WedDriver, Jira, SQL Server, My-SQL, Oracle, MS-Office, Window, UNIX.