- 7+ years of professional experience in testing with knowledge of Software Automation Framework, Design & Implementation using Selenium tool.
- Excellent knowledge in writing unique CSS and XPathlocators using source code of the page to identify each unique element.
- Experienced in analyzing Business, Functional and Technical Specification.
- Strong understanding of project life cycle and SDLC methodologies like Agile / Scrum and Waterfall.
- Experienced in writing Test Plans, Test Cases, Test Procedures and Test Scripts from Requirements and Use - Cases.
- Proficient in creating automation Framework from scratch and configuring various other peripheral tools to perform tests.
- Extensive knowledge of developing Data driven Framework with Selenium WebDriver.
- Extensively experienced in using Jenkins to generate high quality reports.
- Strong Knowledge in using TestNG as testing Frameworks.
- Performed User Acceptance Testing(UAT) manually.
- Excellent understanding of Software HP ALM/ Quality Center.
- Good knowledge in developing test scripts using Java, Selenium WebDriver and developing Test Frameworks using TestNG, Maven tools.
- Good Knowledge on using Maven central repository to manage external JARs and other dependencies.
- Experienced in using GitHub as a source repository system to share code within the officeas well as with the team in overseas.
- Experienced using Jenkins as Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment tool.
- Expertise in performing different types of Testing:Unit, Integration, Black Box, Smoke,Functionality, Integration, Stress, Volume, System, Regression Testing and Full Life Cycle Testing.
- Proficient at creating and executing SQL Queries involving multiple tables using join statements an validated against Web-UI.
- Good Knowledge of Object Oriented programming Concepts (OOPS) and Java Skills.
- Experienced in automating test cases using TestNG Annotations and Data-driven test using Excel.
- Experienced in using Jenkins as a Continuous Integration server to configure with GitHub and Maven.
- Good working on Cross browser testing, browsers like Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome using WebDriver.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer relational skills.
- Ability to learn & develop using new technologies quickly.
- Effective communication, time management skills withconsistent ability to meet client deadline.
- Good Documentation and Process Management skills with an ability to effectively understand the business requirements to develop quality product.
- Extensive experience in using Test Management tools like HP ALM, Bugzilla and JIRA to track test progress, execution and deliverables.
- Possess good skill on training users, interpersonal and customer relational skills.
- Can easily adapt to the emerging technologies.
- Performed extensive Manual Testing in various domain.
- Multitasking credentials with excellent planning, execution, monitoring and resource-balancing skills, as well as the ability to handle multiple tasks in high pressure environments and under tight deadlines.
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills, with an ability to interact with customers/ teams and provide product/customer support.
- Expertise in using the automation testing tools such as Selenium Web Driver.
- Strong knowledge and experience in writing and executing SQL queries for database testing.
- Worked on complete life cycle of project; Business requirement/user stories, design sessions, environment setup, test plan reviews and deployment plan.
- Test planning and tool evaluation including conducting proof of concepts.
- Designing test frameworks and test suites.
- Creation of scripts using Javausing tools like Selenium Webdriver.
- Maintenance of test suite and enhancement of existing framework
- Use Continuous Integration with automated test execution using Jenkins
- Designing test designs on the basis of requirement documents
- Creating Sanity and regression test cases
- Writing SQL queries& procedures to test data integrity and consistency.
- Testing data validity using test data generation tools.
IDE Web Services: IntelliJ, Eclipse
Testing Tools: Selenium WebDriver, HP ALM/Quality Center
Testing Framework: TestNG
Bug Tracking Tools: JIRA, HP ALM/Quality Center, Bugzilla
CI /CD Pipeline: Jenkins
Build Tool: Maven
Version Control System: Git / GitHub
Frameworks/Open Source: TestNG, Cucumber
Operating Systems: Windows, Mac, Linux/Unix
Cloud Testing Environment: SauceLabs
Database: SQL Server, MySQL, Oracle, Postgresql
Other Experiences: Agile, WaterFall, SDLC, STLC, Bug Cycle
QA Automation Engineer
- Involved in sprint planning, sprint review and sprint retrospective meeting with the team.
- Participated in daily scrum, stand ups, and walkthroughs.
- Responsible for creating test scenarios from the Visio prepared by the BA’s
- Manually testing the scenarios and verify the result with the database.
- Create and prioritize bugs when found and assign in to the appropriate developer with JIRA.
- Verify that the bugs created have been fixed by the developer.
- Involved in BDD framework, creating feature files for various rules in the journey.
- Developed automation script for the feature files created in Java and Selenium.
- Performed unit tests to verify the automation scripts result.
- Executed and coordinated regression testing with offshore team before releases.
- Led automation script writing effort with offshore team by being the POC.
- Involved in finding ways to reduce regression test time by creating effective test strategy and code changes.
- Updated automation script with any changes or enhancements according to the need of the business.
- Reviewed and resolved merge conflicts in BitBucket.
- Involved in unit test, manual test and regression tests.
- Wrote SQL queries to validate Data in the Database.
Confidential, New York, NY
- Participated in analyzing the user/business requirements, functional specifications and use case documents to create the Test Plans and Test cases for System testing.
- Involved in analyzing Requirements, System Specifications, Use-Cases and Technical specifications.
- Verified the integration of various components in the application and executed end-to-end testing.
- Involved in Integration, Functional, Regression, UAT, manual, and End-to-End testing.
- Performed Test Execution and defect logging and tracking using JIRA.
- Performed complex queries for Data validation in SQL statements.
- Wrote test case automation scripts in Java and Selenium.
- Used Selenium Actions class to handle mouse movements and hover-over actions on Web Elements.
- Used firebug to identify objects’ ids, Name, XPath, links in the application.
- Wrote Selenium script for taking screenshot.
- Implemented Continuous Integration of automation framework using Jenkins.
- Used Log4j for logging automated steps and script errors.
- Performed regression testing on new build, every modification in the application using WebDriver.
- Facilitated enhancement and maintained the current Test Environment in Eclipse and IntelliJ using Java.
- Used Java as client library for Selenium WebDriver and developed Automation Framework using TestNG.
- Identified UI changes and their potential impacts to existing tests.
- Tested compatibility of application/site with Chrome, Firefox, IE, and Safari.
- Participated in Daily Scrum meeting, Stand-up meeting, walkthrough meeting, weekly assessment meetings with business analysts and developers.
- Prepared user documentation with screenshots for UAT (User Acceptance testing).
- Participated in Release Review/Requirement Analysis and Design review meetings.
Confidential, Wallingford, CT
Automation Engineer (Selenium)
- Interacted with Developers and Business Analysts to perform various types of testing throughout STLC and Bug Life Cycle (BLC).
- Defined Business Use Cases and Activity Diagrams to represent different workflows and associations.
- Developed Test Scripts using Functional Requirement Documents (FRD).
- Test scenarios are created for Positive, Negative, Boundary cases, etc.
- Documented the successful or unsuccessful completion of each test condition and verified actual results against expected results for discrepancies.
- Implemented cross browser and cross platform web testing with Selenium WebDriver.
- Involved in preparing Functional/regression Test Cases/Scripts from Requirements Documents.
- Submitted the bug findings using JIRA fordefect tracking and categorized them based on severity.
- Wrote Structure Query Language (SQL) queries to check proper data population in application table and for data verification to perform Backend Testing against SQL Server.
- Involved in converting manual test cases into automated scripts using WebDriver and TestNG.
- Generated and automated various Daily status, weekly reports, and Monthly and Quarterly reports.
- Involved in testing the new functionality based on test cases and coordinated with development team in fixing the issues.
- Supported Senior QA analyst manual tester in the development and execution of QA continuous process.
- Handled responsibilities of Regression testing to ensure efficiency in product delivery.
Confidential, Mineola, NY
Automation Engineer (Selenium)
- Analyzed system requirements developed detailed Test Plan and test cases.
- Work onsite with Client to understand requirement and involved in Requirement review .
- Selected, designed, and prioritized test scenarios and test cases that provided efficient coverage of requirements consistent with acceptable level of risk.
- Effective defect tracking, examining the severity and priority of the defects and reporting to improve communications and reduce delay
- Manually tested modules for compliance with functional requirements.
- Performed negative and positive testing manually.
- Attended scrum meetings as per Agile methodology
- Identified, analyzed, and documented defects, errors and inconsistencies in the application using MS Excel.
- Used SQL queries to validate the data between the backend and the front end
- Coordinated with the developers on Defects Status on a regular basis.
- Worked closely with development team to resolve various issues.
- Experienced in backend testing by executing SQL queries.
- Manually tested the web application to ensure the flow of the application functionality
- Tested applications and documented results and bugs including documentation of information useful in the debugging process. .
- Followed Agile/Scrum Methodologies for all of the project activities.
- Participated in release meetings.
Software Test Engineer
- Involved in designing the Test Scripts for System Testing.
- Scoping of Test cases and planning test strategy for each release cycles.
- Organize and drive test script update/creation for Commercial modules like Contracts, Rebates, Sales, direct Sales.
- Getting test scripts approved from client to ensure all business requirement are being tested.
- Involved in the bug life cycle activity through HP ALM.
- Identify, investigate, triage and prioritize bugs.
- Involved in the bug life cycle activity, where I contributed to add the new tests to fill the test holes for testing the functionality of the component.
- Working closely with the development, BA and solution design staff in all phases of development for evaluation of test cases or scripts for the manual testing.
- Involved in the Documentation of Test cases and Scenarios along with queries. This documentation is being used by the client.
- Closely interacted with clients on Requirements and also on issues.
- Involved in activities like Team Coordination, reporting status. Also, worked with the team members in sharing the workload.