- Around 8 years of good functional knowledge and extensive testing experience in Software analysis, Software Quality Assurance Testing for Banking, Health Insurance and Telecom Domain.
- Extensive experience in Manual Testing and Specialized in writing Test cases and Testing Life Cycle and creation of Test data .
- Good experience inQAmethodologies like Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Agile and Waterfall from project definition to post - deployment and experienced in complete Software Testing Lifecycle.
- Hands on experience on ETL tools in ETL process development, testing and in maintaining ETL codes.
- Extensive experience in Functional Testing, Database Testing, System Testing, Regression Testing, Smoke Testing, Compatibility Testing and GUI Testing.
- Strong experience in entire life cycle of Data warehouse/Data mart using Informatica Power Center (Designer, Repository manager, Workflow manager and workflow monitor)
- Experience in maintenance and enhancement of existing data extraction, cleansing, transformation, and loading processes to improve efficiency
- Excellent knowledge and experience in creating source to target mapping, edit rules and validation, transformations and business rules
- Experience in managing the whole testing process using Mercury QTP (Quick Test Pro).
- Very good experience in doing Manual Testing by using defect management tools like HP Quality Centre/ALM and Jira.
- Extensive experience in UAT (User Acceptance Testing), UAT Test Plans and UAT defect reporting.
- Very good exposure on Bug Life Cycle and STLC.
- Expertise in Agile/Scrum Implementation Management.
- Good functional knowledge and extensive testing experience in Web services.
- Extensive experience on MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access).
- Performed Back End testing, reading data models, writing SQL queries in Oracle, MS SQL Server.
- Experience in testing Enterprise Data Warehouses using Informatica Power Center DVO, DataStage, Ab Initio and SSIS ETL tools
- Ability to meet deadlines, handle pressure and co-ordinate multiple tasks in a work / project environment.
- Resourceful team player and capable of delivering tasks within stringent timelines and work in a team and Independent.
- Experience in reporting bugs using Microsoft Word and Adobe pdf and tracking bug with Excel.
- Self-starter,energetic,highly motivated team playerwith excellentproblem-solving skills. Capable toquickly learnnew technology and adapt to a new environment.
- Possess Multi-tasking skills, ability to lead end-to-end QA efforts, result oriented; thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-based environment.
Operating Systems: Windows XP/Vista/2007, UNIX.
Languages: Java, C, C++, VBScript, SQL
DBMS: Oracle, My SQL
Configuration management tools: SVN, CVS, Clear Case
Testing Tools: HP Quick Test Professional
Bug Reporting: HP QC/ALM, Jira
Web Technologies: HTML, XML, Java, ASP.Net
Tools: MS Word, MS Excel, PowerPoint, MS Outlook
Confidential, Dorchester, MA
- Analyzed business and technical requirements, developing strategic Test Plans, Test Cases and responsible for monitoring proper execution of all the Test Cases.
- Planning for Test execution activities to accomplish tasks on daily/weekly basis
- Co-ordination of Test Design/ Test Execution efforts across teams and with business.
- Tested the application utilizing the Agile Methodology.
- Involved in writing test cases to test the workflow of claim processing, payment processing and billing application.
- Developed ETL test cases for various lines of businesses based on ETL mapping document.
- Involved in UAT (User Acceptance Testing), UAT Test Plans and UAT defect reporting.
- Performed various scenarios by Manual Testing, executed different Test cases manually and Monitored the System Performance
- Involved in and responsible for Functional, Regression and Integration testing of the application.
- Used Jira for Test case Management and for Defect tracking.
- Validating all theBatch jobsthat are scheduled and executed.
- Worked on multiple separate commercial and retail sources. Testing the staging layer followed by integration testing in DataMart with an additional snapshot testing for reports.
- Escalated testing issues, interacted with business users/analysts, developers, external teams to resolve the defects/issues.
- Tested all the ETL process that was developed to fetch the data from various feeds into the data warehouse.
- Written SQL scripts for validating the data loaded by the ETL processes. Tested the reports developed using Business Objects.
- Took part in testing all the ETL process that loads the data into CRDM
- Understand the mapping documents and write and execute SQL test scripts and record actual result.
- Data validation based on database integration jobs with SQL Server.
- Data validation in report and dashboards.
- Participated in test case review, defects review meetings and requirements walkthroughs.
- Interacted with developers, Business analyst to resolve technical issues.
- Participated in defect review meetings and walkthroughs meetings.
- Presented Test Metrics to management for tracking status of the project and deciding Go/No-Go for each scheduled release of the application
- Took full ownership of end-user quality, usability and appeal to deliver high quality software on tight schedules
Environment: Windows 2007, UNIX, Jira, SQL Server, VBScript, Java, Outlook
- Created Test plans, Test Designs and responsible for implementation of Test cases as Manual and automated test scripts
- Tested ETL jobs as per business rules using ETL design document
- Involved in Test plan, Test case preparation and assigning defects through TFS (Team Foundation Server
- Analyzed the Functional Design documentation and User Requirements.
- Involve in Functional testing, regression testing, user acceptance testing, and accessibility testing and End-to-End testing.
- Worked on EDI (Electronic data interchange) transactions: 270, 271, 834, 820, 835, and 837 to identify key data set elements for designated record set.
- Written several complex SQL queries for validating Cognos Reports.
- Involved in FACETS Implementation, involved end to end testing of FACETS Billing, Enrollment Claim Processing and Subscriber/Member module.
- Tested the claims processing with EDI transactions (270, 271, 835, 837) in HIPPA and HL7 Environment.
- Testing. Developed Test Cases for Deployment Verification, ETL Data Validation, Cube Testing and Data Report testing in Business Objects.
- Prepared and executed Test Cases with different Test Sets for different objectives based on the Business/Functional requirements
- Performed Test Planning, functional testing and bug tracking
- Generated QTP Scripts for regression testing
- Multiple & Reusable Actions were Created and Executed in the Script
- Scripts were parameterized using the Data Table parameters, Environment Variables and Random Number Parameters
- Checked application for Cross Browser Compatibility.
- Performed manual testing of the product including functional tests, data driven tests, regression tests, and integration test
- Developed Integration Test Plans and Test Schedules to assist in the execution of functional, System Testing, Regression Testing, Integration Testing and User Acceptance testing.
- Scheduled Test Procedure Design Reviews in accordance with the procedures and regulations.
- Reported the defect identified during execution and doing a complete defect tracking using Quality Center.
- Conducted User Acceptance Testing (UAT) for projects, implementations, system fixes and enhancements, etc.
- Performed functional testing and usability testing according to the application complexity and test requirements.
- Ran workflows created in Informatica by developers then compared before and after transformation of data generated to ensure that transformation was successful.
- Developed and documented data Mappings/Transformations, and Informatica sessions as per the business requirement.
- SQL queries used to validate source data versus data in the data warehouse including identification of duplicate records.
- Wrote SQL queries on various data tables for Data validation and Backend Testing.
- Used Agile methodologies
- Participated in daily scrum meetings to report daily progress of Testing activities and Sprint planning for test planning activities
- Compliant with the HIPPA standards for privacy and security
- Good understanding of HIPPA privacy regulation
Environment: Microsoft Office Suite, Jira, QTP, Windows XP, Java, Oracle SQL, MS Excel, PowerPoint, MS Word,SSIS.
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
Quality Assurance Analyst
- Analyzed system user stories and the Mockups, and developed detailed Test case for System Testing.
- Conducted meetings and Standup Meetings with Product owners, Scrum, Developers and Business Analysts to gather information about business process.
- Maintained Traceability Matrix to ensure all conditions are covered in the Test Cases.
- Wrote test cases for GUI and Functionality testing.
- Worked on SQL queries and SQL Server, MySQL
- Wrote SQL queries that simulate business processes.
- Testing included functional testing, load and performance test, ad-hoc test, user acceptance test, sanity and BVT execution, browser and operating system compatibility testing
- Reported the bugs in Problem Tracker and traced them until they are fixed.
- Provided training to the users and helped them to perform UAT (User Acceptance Testing).
- Attended Empower training session by SME (Subject Matter Expert).
- Coordinate, mentoring of various tools and process flow of the application.
- Created test plans with client’s participation.
- Scope analysis, functional and technical Walk through Base line High speed testing.
- Also involved in content management/ Change control and Version Management. Performed regular updates to various static web pages.
- HP Quality Center is used for reporting the results and organized all the test cases.
- Maintained Central GUI Map for the entire application.
- Database stored procedure executions; Indexes and views with load were analyzed. Tuned SQL server by changing Parallelism, update statistics, hints settings.
- Results log files were analyzed for various HTTP errors, Server errors etc. Event viewer was also used for analysis.
Environment: Java, JSP, XML, Oracle, Windows 2000, SQL Developer, HP Quality Center, UNIX.