- Around 8 years of IT experience as Data Warehouse/Business Intelligence Quality Assurance Analyst and Data Analyst.
- In depth knowledge of Testing methodologies, Concepts, Phases, and Types of testing, developing Test Plans, Test Scenarios, Test Cases, Test Procedures, Test Reports and documenting test results accordingly
- Experience in Data Analysis, Data Validation, Data Cleansing, Data Verification and identifying data mismatch.
- Exclusive experience in all aspects of Software Test Life Cycle including System Analysis, Design, Development, Execution, Reporting and Closure Documentation.
- Experience in writing and executingTestPlansandTestCasesfrom Requirements and Design documents
- Used ETL methodologies for supporting data extraction, transformations and loading processing, in a corporate - wide-ETL Solution using Informatica PowerCenter.
- Experience in testing Cognos reports along with the data validation for the reports
- Expert in writing complex SQL Queriesto check the integrity of data to perform database testing.
- Experience in validation of Master Data Management (MDM)/ Customer Data Integration Solutions with Informatica MDM and IBM MDM tools.
- Have solid experience on database query tools such as TOAD, SQL Navigator, Teradata SQL Assistant and SQL Plus.
- Prepared Test Cases and Test Plans for the Enterprise Data Warehouses and Web Applications and executed those Test Cases and Test Plans.
- Strong in testing Stored Procedures, Functions, Triggers and packages utilizing PL/SQL.
- Experience on UNIX commands and Shell Scripting
- Experienced in Functional testing, Performance testing, Load testing, Integration testing, Regression testing, GUI Testing
- Very good understanding of Data Warehousing concepts, Data Analysis, Data Warehouse Architecture and Designing.
- Understanding of Data Models, Data Schema,ETLand created extensive store procedures, SQL queries to perform back-end data warehousing testing.
- Experienced in Bug Reporting and Defect tracking using tools like Rational Clear Quest, HP Quality Center and Test Director to log and defect management.
- Extensively worked with batch scheduling tool Autosys to run and monitor jobs.
- Analyzing bugs, interacting withQA/development teams in fixing errors and User Acceptance Testing methodologies to validate the product before implementation.
- Experienced in interacting with Clients, Business Analysts, IT leads, UAT Users and developers.
Databases: Oracle 11g/10g/9i, DB2, MS SQL Server 2012/2008
Methodologies: Waterfall, Agile/Scrum, RUP
ETLtools: Informatica9.x/8.x, Ab Initio 2.17/2.15/2.14 , Data Stage, SSIS
Reporting Tools: Cognos, Business Objects, MicroStrategy, SSRS, OBIEE
Testing Tools: Quality Center ALM, Rational Clear Quest, QTP, Rally, JIRA, TFS
Data Access Tools: TOAD, SQL Navigator, Oracle SQL Developer
Programming Languages: SQL, PL/SQL, XML
Requirement Tools: Rational Requisite Pro, Doors
Version Control Tool: Rational Clear Case, Win CVS
Data Profiling Tools: DataFlux
Operating Systems: MS DOS, Win 98/2000/XP/Win 7, 8, UNIX, Linux
Confidential, Columbus, OH
Sr. DWH/BI Quality Analyst
- Responsible for developing and executing Test plans, strategies based on the business requirements.
- Written Test Cases based on the Business and Functional Requirements documentations for different scenarios.
- Conducted Test plan reviews, test case reviews and updated them according to the input from the team.
- Prepared ETL Data Mapping documents according to Business, Functional and Solution Design Documents.
- Prepared, executed and validated Test Scripts according to the ETL and Front-end Mapping Documents.
- Extensively performed backend testing on databases by writing complex SQL queries.
- Used Informatica Workflow Manager for Workflow, Session Management and Workflow Monitor for monitoring the workflows and identifying the errors in session logs.
- Validated the data moving from source to Confidential using Informatica DVO.
- Validated PL/SQL and ETL batch processes that are scheduled using Autosys.
- Validated the feeding of data into Hub from different source systems by using MDM consolidation processes.
- Validated Stored Procedures and Functions to verify that they are pulling correct and accurate data for Reporting and Analysis Applications.
- Validated the Fact and Dimension Tables of EDW for consistency, accuracy and integrity.
- Exclusively used Query Studio, Analysis Studio and Report Studio to test the Cognos Reports.
- Validated the responses of the web services in the form of XML using different requests in SOAP UI.
- Used SOAP UI to test Web Services running on Web Logic Server.
- Validated the WSDL and SOAP services using Soap UI.
- Passed XML files as input parameters in SOAP UI.
- Tested standard, Ad hoc reports and performed data validation for the Cognos reports.
- Provided the management with weekly QA documents like test metrics, reports and schedules.
- Identified the automation objects and provided the scripts to be automated in QTP to automation team.
- Conducted Defect Review meetings periodically.
- Utilized TOAD, SQL tool for querying and analysis of Oracle databases.
- Involved in creating and validating UNIX shell scripts.
- Used HP Quality Center as Test Management Tool.
- DW was tested for the row counts and errors after each transaction loads.
- Coordinating with source system owners, day-to-dayETLprogress monitoring and maintenance of dailyInformaticabatch schedule run on a nightly basis.
- Performed data validation and data profiling using Informatica IDQ.
- Focused on Data Quality issues/problems that include completeness, conformity, consistency, accuracy, duplicates, and integrity.
- Maintained the Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTMs) to track the coverage of Requirements v/s designed test cases.
- Communicate with the team members on a regular basis to monitor the progress of the project.
- Tested the batch process scheduled using Autosys.
Environment: /Tools: Oracle 11g, HP Quality Center ALM, Informatica Power Center 9.5/9.1, Informatica DVO, Informatica IDQ, MDM, SQL, PL/SQL, Toad, QTP, Beyond Compare, Rational Clear Case, Clear Quest, Cognos 10, Soap UI, Web Services, UNIX, Log files, Autosys, XML, EDI, DOORS, BMC Remedy
Confidential, Minneapolis, MN
Sr. ETL/BI QA Analyst / Data Analyst
- Conducted walkthroughs with customers, project management, and development team.
- Created Test Plans for various versions of ERP Reports applications from different Business Requirements created by the Project Management, and Business Line Teams.
- Prepared test cases, scripts based upon the business requirements documentation (BRD), use case documentations, and functional requirements specification (FRS).
- Performed Data Analysis for all incoming feeds toETL. Worked with Business Unit Managers for developing Mapping Document after Data Analysis.
- Tested the data load process, error checking and functional testing of SSIS packages using MS SSIS ETL tool.
- Error checking and testing of theETLprocedures and programs usinglog files.
- Used TFS for test management and defect management.
- Defects were identified, provided documentation to the development team for debugging.
- Involved in validating the Shell Scripts.
- Validated the data for MDM according to the data model and requirements.
- Validate SSRS Reports according to the report specification documents.
- Tested several complex reports generated by SSRS including Dashboards, Summary Reports, Master Detailed,Drill down.
- Validated SSAS cubes according to the requirements.
- Performed Regression testing of the fixed issues in the new build until no new issues are identified.
- Submitted Final Test Reports; required documentation for the project within assigned time frame.
- Involved in getting final signoffs from Test Manager and Business.
Environment: /Tools: SQL Server 2008 R2, MS Visual Studio, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, Share Point, Team Foundation Server (TFS), Oracle 10g, IBM MDM, SQL, Manual Testing, T-SQL, Putty, UNIX, Agile.
Confidential, Pittsburg, PA
BI QA Analyst/Reports Tester
- Participated in requirements gathering, project definition, analysis and scoping activities associated with the SLD project
- Assisted with business and technical requirements, developed requirements traceability matrices
- Prepared test cases by understanding the business requirements, Data Mapping documents and technical specifications.
- Prepared Test Strategy document, System Test Plan, Performance Test Plan, Traceability matrix and Test Summary Reports
- Validated the most granular data items against OLTP systems and identified the source tables from which the data warehouse extracts data.
- Extensively worked with backend activities for testing several reports developed by BI tools. Written several complex SQL queries.
- Validated the web services using Soap UI.
- Executed and analyzed the results for regression QTP scripts.
- Involved in validating the SSIS and SSRS packages according to Business requirements.
- Validated the base table (Star schemas - Fact and Dimension) by writing complicated SQL statements and reports.
- Extensively tested several Business Objects BOXI reports for data quality.
- Manual verification of data in the backend using SQL.
- Used Quality Center to store, schedule the test cases and report the Defects.
- Involved in functional, load, performance, stress and regression testing of the application. Performed Load and Performance Testing to identify and report performance bottlenecks.
- Involved in verifying the initial and daily load Ab Initio graphs.
- Involved in System Integration Testing and User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Created Test lab reports and defect reports on a daily basis.
- Tested standard and Ad hoc reports and undergone data validation for the Business Objects BOXI reports
- Involved in development and testing status report meetings which involved business, testing and core technology group on weekly basis
- Work with theQAand Project Managers to set and evaluate milestone criteria to ensure released products are on schedule with high quality.
Environment: /Tools: Oracle 9i/10g, DB2, SQL, UNIX, Use Cases, Business Objects BOXI, Ab Initio 2.13, Teradata, Teradata SQL Assistant, Soap UI, Web Services, PL/SQL, RUP, COTS, SSIS, SSRS, JIRA, TOAD, Windows XP, QTP, AS400, Mainframes, MS Project, MS Visio, MS Office Suite, Rational Clear Case, and Rational Clear Quest, Rational Requisite Pro
Confidential, Minneapolis, MN
- Participated in business requirement walk through, design walk through and analyzed Business requirements and Coordinated with the business analysts and developers to discuss issues in interpreting the requirements.
- Analyzed the user requirements, functional specifications and Use Case documents and created the Test Plans, Test cases for Functional testing.
- Worked closely withETLteam in each phase of project (data requirement analysis, data field analysis, data mapping andETLtesting)
- Built external mapping to transfer data from SQL Server database to Oracle Data Warehouse. This includes writing SQL Statements.
- Coordinated in testingdata stage ETLusing complex stored procedures.
- Acted as first point of contact for all critical issues related to data mapping and data sourcing
- Reviewed and testedData StageETLJobs according to the technical specifications.
- Used Data Stage Director to run the Data Stage ETL Jobs and monitored the jobs for the performance testing.
- Validated the data and cosmetics of the Cognos reports.
- Actively participated in Functional testing, System testing, and Ad-hoc testing.
- Tested ad-hoc and standard reports generated by using MicroStrategy.
- Validated the Informatica workflows by executing them from workflow manager and verifying the status in workflow monitor.
- UpdatedQAManager and Lead weekly with the testing status, which included Test Task Plan, Defect Management, and Test Metrics.
- Successfully Coordinated User Acceptance Testing (UAT) on each release of the project with the help of end user requirements.
- Involved in doing Business analysis and Requirements gathering for newInformaticaMappings.
Environment: /Tools: Oracle 9i, MS SQL Server 2005, Data Stage ETL Tool, MicroStrategy, Manual Testing, PL/SQL, Cognos 8, Rational Rose, Informatica 8.1, Rational Clear Case, Rational Clear Quest, MS Office Suite
Confidential, Bethesda, MD
Manual ETL Tester
- Involved inQAAnalysis, Design, and Testing of the application.
- Created Test strategy and Test Plans, reviewed requirements to ensure they were clear and testable
- Executed Test Scripts and Test Cases using manual testing procedures.
- Designed test design documents andQAproject development design documents.
- Followed up the timelines with the test Plan document and development design documents.
- Tracked defects through Mercury Quality Center.
- Written and executed SQL queries to test the data quality.
- Validated Informatica workflows according to data mapping requirements and design docs.
- Tested Ab Initio graphs according to the source to Confidential mapping documents.
- Conducted Black Box (Functionality Testing), User Acceptance, and Regression testing.
- Created Traceability Matrix (RTM) to ensure that all the requirements are covered by the test cases.
- Involved in testing Crystal reports for data quality and cosmetics according to requirements.
Environment: /Tools: SQL, PL/SQL, Oracle 8i, DB2, Ab Initio 2.14, Crystal Reports, Manual Testing, MS Office, MS Visio, MS Excel, Linux, Mercury Quality Center.
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes