- 10+ years experience as a Software Test Engineer performing manual and automated testing on web - based client/server applications.
- Developed test plans, creating manual and automated test scripts, setting up test labs, and executing/managing test cases. As a QA Engineer with leadership responsibilities have included managing a
- QA team by ensuring project timelines are met, evaluating test execution performance metrics, and preparing weekly reports for management for review and analysis.
Software Test Tools: Microsoft Test Manager, Quick TestPro(QTP), winRunner, HP Quality Center, LoadScaler, Tekelec MGTS, JUnit, and Confidential QA Suite (TestPartner, QADirector, TrackRecord)
Database Applications: Oracle 10I, MS-SQL Server, Access, DB2, Object Store
Languages: C, C++, JAVA, HTML, XML, VXML, Visual Basic, .Net
Operating Systems: UNIX, Windows 7/XP, HP-UX, AIX, OS/390
Software Applications: Visual Studio, XMLSpy, Groupwise, Remedy, NetObjects Fusion, Webservers (IIS, Apache, Domino, iPlanet, Sun Workshop, Websphere Application Server), Hahtsite (B2B) Scenario Suite, Network Dispatcher, Visio, MS-Project, Rational ClearCase, PVCS, MS-VSS
Networking Applications/Hardware: Cisco Routers, Bay Switches, Lucent eMRS Switch, CSU/DSU, T1/E1-OC48, DAX, HP Openview, IBM Netview, CascadeView, Foreview, 4MON, Network Expert, IBM IPTrace, CiscoWorks, CA eHealth, NetCool/WebTop, OPNET nCompass(Netcop)
Protocols: TCP/IP, SNMP, PPP, BGP, FrameRelay, ATM, SSL, HTTP(S)
Sr. Quality Assurance Analyst
Confidential, Roanoke, VA
- Responsible for reviewing business requirements, technical design/architecture documents, and /SOP in order to develop testplans and testcases used to validate ecommerce, point of sale, and web applications for system, integration, and UAT test cycles.
- Executed manual testcases by validating business requirements for reporting, documentation, configuration, data, user interface, pricing/promotions, inventory management, and performance metrics.
- Tasked with documenting daily testing results for quality assurance lab issues, data validation failures, software defects, and data validation failures.
- Responsible for creating and updating QA processes and procedures on internal Wiki and SOP websites.
QA Automation Engineer
- Responsibilities include designing, developing, and executing automation scripts using Winrunner, Python, and Visual Basic for an enterprise automated testing infrastructure.
- Validation of data in the QA and Production deployment environments for an e-business insurance application using sql scripts, web and application servers logs, and debug output reports.
- Stabilized the automation servers by identifying memory leaks, improving winRunner script(s) performance, installing operating system fixes, and enhancing the labs network connectivity.
- Tasked with documenting all testing results, quality assurance activities, data validation failures, and defect tracking reports. Responsible for creating and updating all QA processes and procedures.
Technical Project Manager
Confidential, Durham, NC/NYC,NY
- Worked on a team of business users/QA analysts by managing the quality assurance validation of an e-commerce site with back-end Oracle financial applications.
- Responsible managing the development and management of Requirements, TestPlans(Test Labs), manual and automated(QTP) testcase(s) HP QC modules for functional, integration, and user-acceptance testing.
- Created daily HP Quality Center test lab execution and software defects reports for review senior management
- Responsible for validating defects, troubleshooting or debugging complex software problems, and assisting the QA team with test environment setup.
- Coordinated delivery of software code fixes with off-shore development team
Lead QA Consultant
Confidential, Bethesda, MD
- Responsible for the installation, setup, and configuration of the test lab environment with the correct software versions, operating system, database, and various third-party applications.
- Performed testing and validation of Network Management & Modeling, Application Performance Analysis and Troubleshooting, and Automation software applications for multiple government and state agencies using Agile SDLC methods (Ex. - East Carolina University, USDA - Forestry Service, USAF - Central Command).
- Responsible for developing quality improvement processes and testing strategies which improved testing efficiencies, decreased software defects, and improved customer satisfaction.
- Created automation frameworks with data-driven automated(QTP, LoadRunner,, LoadScaler, and JUnit) test cases to validate UI functionality, database (SQL or Oracle) updates/deletions/modifications, and XML file comparison.
- Reviewed and created business requirements and test plans using HP Quality Center/Test Director.
- Assisted with defect troubleshooting by capturing and reviewing TCP/IP sniffer traces, analyzing server performance, validating XML, and reviewing database traces/logs.
- Responsible for weekly reports which detail software defects, test case execution status, test lab environment issues, and strategy for meeting project time-lines.
Sr. QA Engineer
Confidential, Raleigh, NC
- Responsible for QA projects by ensuring comprehensive test plans and test cases are created, executed, and synchronized with business requirements using TestDirector(HP QC).
- Participated in requirements (Use Cases) analysis and review to ensure the target project goals and strategy were accomplished.
- Assisted the QA team with troubleshooting and debugging technical issues as needed.
- Responsible for creating daily QA reports for review by multiple cross-functional organizations. Provide third-level technical support for all technical organizations in the company.
- Submitted QA process improvements and recommendations for improving the SDLC to the Project Office and Software SDLC Manager.
Sr. QA Specialist
Confidential, Raleigh,NC/Detroit, MI
- Responsible for updating functional test cases as business requirements or system design specification were modified.
- Executed manual test scripts by validating data integrity and verifying gui-screen accuracy.
- Updated existing test plans, test cases, and made recommendations for improving the quality assurance process.
- Created manual and automated test scripts for a financial client/server application.
- Created a comprehensive regression test plan to prevent software defects and increase software stability.
- Created automated test scripts using Confidential 's QADirector and QARun to decrease the regression testing period and identify defects more rapidly.
- Documented and reported numerous defects which decreased costs by limiting the production environment's down-time.
- Executed test cases for Microsoft .Net client/server human resources web-interface application developed to allow customers to create Affirmative Action plans and reports.
- Performed database integrity testing by analyzing data intensive stored procedures and SQL scripts on SQL Server 2000, Oracle 8i, and DB2 database platforms.
- Reviewed the application’s gui interface to ensure that all user screens conformed to defined project interface requirements.
- Assisted the QA Manager with project resource allocations, test scheduling, and review of requirement use cases.
Lead QA Engineer
Confidential, Cary, NC
- Evaluating test plans, providing technical guidance and resolving issues to ensure quality and performance metrics were achieved.
- Responsible for the unit and system testing of wireless, wire-line, and internet next-generation telecommunications applications/platforms using manual and automated testing tools(JUnit) to evaluate GUI interfaces, feature requirements, reliability, and performance.
- Responsible for testing a client/server application which proactively offered on-line customer service to e-Commerce customers using an artificial intelligent business rules engine with an VOIP, PSTN, text-chat, and collaborative-browsing client API.
- Collaborated with customers, product management and marketing teams to develop system requirements and functionality.
- Assisted the development team with architecture and design to minimize product defects, limit performance constraints, decrease customization required during installation, and ensure testability.
- Developed performance requirements by researching hardware/software specifications, analyzing third-party software, and estimating metrics for database interaction, memory allocation, CPU and network delay.
Senior Software Programmer
- Documented product defects, performed necessary regression testing as needed and created weekly reports for software quality review teams and management.
- Provided advanced technical support for Fortune 500 e-business customers with software integration and migration problems.
- Recognized as an E-business Technical Specialist for mission critical web applications for the IBM Networking Software Division.
- Served on the WebSphere Software Quality Improvement Team by reviewing defects reported by the customers, improving communication between development and the system test team, and ensuring the testing schedule was expanded to meet new software quality assurance goals. Created test plans and executed test cases for system integration testing of DB2, CICS, and Net.Commerce with the WebSphere Application Server e-business software suite.
- Specialized in authentication, cryptography and network security for eBusiness customers by providing security policy reviews, recommending IBM security software when needed, and confirming security software bugs/defects.
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes