- Around 7 years of diverse experience in the field of Information technology with emphasis on Software. Quality Assurance and testing of web based and client server applications. Background includes concepts, requirements, analysis, design, implementation testing and maintenance of complete Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC) projects.
- Experienced in Automation of software testing process using Mercury Interactive Test suite (Quick Test Pro and Quality Center, selenium).
- Experienced in defining Testing Methodologies, Designing Test Plan and Test Cases, Verifying and Validating Web based applications.
- Experience in Manual Testing, Automated Testing and quality assurance of client/server and web application using different methods of testing.
- Experience in creating test automation framework with Quick test professional (QTP), selenium.
- Gathered, created and reviewed business requirement and functional requirement document.
- Excellent in creating Test cases, Test Scripts, test reports by using QTP with different methods.
- Expert in Integration testing, System testing, Functional testing, Regression testing, User acceptance testing.
- Experience in performance testing, stress testing, load testing using Load Runner.
- Exceptional Analytical, Programming and Debugging Skills.
- Extensive experience of Automated Testing with Mercury Suite of products including HP Quick Test Professional (QTP), HP Quality Center (QC), Itko Lisa, Selenium, Load Runner(LR).
- Excellent in problem solving during software development process.
- Experience in Backend testing using SQL Queries on Oracle and MS SQL SERVER databases.
- Experience in bug logging defect report, core cause analysis of failures in co - ordination with development team and BA team .
- Experience in documentation based on standards forSoftware Development and effective QA implementation in all phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Experience in interacting with business analysts, developers, technical support to assist in resolution of technical issues with strong problem solving and planning skills.
- Outstanding knowledge of high availability SQL Server solutions, including Store procedures,joins,views etc
Testing Tools: QTP, QC, Load Runner, SOAPUI, Visual Studio
Bug Reporting Tools: Quality Center, TestDirector, Clearquest
Programming Languages: C, C++, Java, VB, SQL
Data Base: Oracle 9i/10g/11g, MS SQL Server, MS ACCESS
Scripting Languages: Shell script, VB script
Operating System: Windows NT/XP/2000/XP/VISTA, UNIX, LINUX
Confidential, Jersey City, NJ
- Analyzed requirements document, Interface Control Documents and Design documents.
- Conducted Functionality testing using Selenium during the various phases of the product development.
- Created the automated tests for Selenium, Developed User Defined functions and used data driven testing and database accessing techniques to support scripts.
- Developed and executed Test scripts for Regression testingusing Selenium.
- Involved in writing and implementing the Test plan, Test cases, Test Procedures, Test sets using Design document and functional specs with Quality Center.
- Did API testing by soapUI to validate as per the expectation.
- Developed and executed the Selenium Automation Scripts for Regression Testing.
- Generated of Management Reports and Status Reports Using Excel.
- Analyzed of the load test results and Preparation and submission of Load test results Identified and addressed performance issues decisively.
- Involved in execution of test cases and report defects using Mercury Quality Center.
- Coordinated with different teams in formulating test plan, test strategy, test cases, timeline, and Scope of Testing.
- Conducted Positive & Negative testing, User Interface & Acceptance testing at various phases of development and test cycles.
- Tracked all defects in Test Directorand discussed with development team in the meetings.
- Developed the SQL queries and executed the queries using the SQL server.
- Executed manual Test cases and tracking defects using Mercury Quality Centre.
Environment: Selenium, Quality Center, Windows XP, soapUI, API, SQL Server, HTML, ITKO LISA, VB Script, IIS, ASP.
- Responsible for Analyzing System Specification and Business Requirement. Interacted with business analysts and the end-users to develop the High-level test plan.
- Automated Test cases using Selenium. Executed Selenium test scripts and monitored testing progress and results in each test cycle.
- Worked as an Interface between the users and the different teams involved in the application development for the better understanding of the business and IT processes.
- Designing the Test Scenarios and Test Cases based on requirements by using Load runner.
- Used Selenium to generate the Test scripts for testing the Functionality, API testing of the application.
- Responsible for functional, Integration Testing, System Testing,Regression Testing, User Acceptance Testing and Backend Testing.
- Interacted with the requirement team of ETL/ data warehousing and analyze the documents to do ETL testing by using SSIS and excel package.
- Do testing of number of rows, columns, formats, data type etc means check the transformation is as per as requirement or not.
- Checked all import/export and Data Transformation into the Staging, Production and Data Warehouse environments.
- Prepare test cases for ETL testing and execute them. After execution do reporting of defects.
- Did web services API testing by making script, and executing script in SOAPUI
- Responsible for writing and executing SQL scripts for back-end validations
- Used Quality Centre for Requirements Management, Planning, Scheduling, Runningtests, Defect Tracking and Manage the defects and executing the test cases, Interacted with Developers for analysis of the Application.
- Worked with the QA Manager, Business Analyst and the Infrastructure Manager to collect data for testing effort and check the feasibility of the use cases.
- Participated in Walk through and Inspection meetings periodically.
- Coordinated on regular basis through email, conferences and tracked progress through weekly status reports.
- Generated metrics representing the defects, issues, test scenarios and use cases.
Environment: Selenium, HP QC, Bugzilla, ETL, JDK, JSP, SOAPUI, JDBC, VMWare, SQL Server, cloud, Tomcat, Oracle, Windows XP.
- Prepared detail Testplan from Requirements and Use cases.
- Created and maintained automation framework in HP QuickTest Professional using advance VBScript, Functions, Parameterization & Shared Object Repository for use in grouping and running automated test scripts, monitoring automation run progress and reporting results.
- Implemented a modular and data-driven approach of automation and created scripts based on functions/logics in HP QuickTest Professional (QTP) and developed common library functions.
- Used SQL queries to perform Backend Testing.
- Documented the bugs identified during the testing process and verified them later after the fix was done.
- Tested the functionality of each screen to monitor proper navigation in an application.
- Used Quality center (QC) to create and document Test cases and involved in the process of analyzing the expected and actual results in theQC.
- Worked closely with Developers and Analysts to resolve issues.
- Communicated the test progress, test results, and other relevant information to project management.
- Preparing Test summary reports and reporting to Client Manager on daily basis.
- Attending weekly team status meetings.
- Used HP Quick Test Pro and ITKO Lisa for Web Service Testing.
- Interacted with the developers in fixing errors and generated weekly status reports.
- Analyzing the functional specification, business requirements and user requirements manual.
- Preparing test cases fromuse cases and test plan.
- Fixing the bugs, which came up in the first cycle of functional testing.
- Retest after every new build comes by performing Regression testing.
- Performed Positive Testing, Negative Testing and Data Driven Testing in AUT.
- Involved in performing Performance Testing, Stress Testing and Load Testing using Load runner.
- Prepare comprehensive Documentation for the works done.
- Reporting new defects during the testing process by adding a defect record along with its status to the project data base.
Environment: Quality Center, Quick Test Professional, SQL Server 2008, ETL, SSIS, Data Warehousing, C#, VB Scripts, Silver Light, MS-Excel.
Confidential, Ann Arbor, MI
QA Test Engineer
- Involved with team for gathering User Requirements and Business Requirements.
- Wrote Test plans according to business specification and design documents.
- Created Manual Test cases for each of the functionalities and automated the bug free test cases for Regression Testing.
- Installed VMware on various QA machines to test application against different operating systems
- Involved in running regression tests using Mercury QTP and preparing the results and charts for reporting purposes.
- Extensively created Data Driven test scripts in QTP to read from EXCEL files.
- Involved in testing with the full range of web browsers across a multitude of platforms.
- Used QC to track and report system defects and bugs.
- Wrote modification requests for the bugs in the application and helped developers track these problems and resolve technical issues.
- Involved in documentation testing andmaintaining the Traceability Matrix using MS Excel.
- Coordinated the walkthrough and bug review meetings for developers and QA teams.
Environment: QTP9.5, QC 9.2, VBScript, MS EXCEL, VMware.
Confidential - Jersey City, NJ
Senior QA Analyst
- Participated in Requirement Analysis, Business Analysis and Use-Case Analysis.
- Technical writing of high level Test Plans, Test Cases, Test Scenarios, Test Data and Traceability Matrix.
- Participated in Black Box Testing and Integration Testing in White Box testing approach.
- Conducted testing of the system End-End Testing manually.
- Perform Regression, UAT, Integration, User Interface, GUI, and Usability Testing.
- Developed Test Case Procedures and conducted the tests manually.
- Mapped functional design elements to rule sets and tests for test case creation
- Made recommendations to management regarding the acquisition and/or implementation of software to increase information systems efficiency.
- Monitored post-implementation system/program performance to prevent reoccurrence of operational issues and ensure efficiency of operation.
- Prepared the test cases and test scenarios detailed in Microsoft Excel.
- Transformation of use cases to test scenarios and designing test plans and test cases.
- Performing Black Box and White box testing of the application manually
- Involvement in efficient and optimum test planning with the available resources.
- Interaction with the business frequently gave good insight to do extensive testing.
- Oversaw test execution to ensure proper operation of system/program.
Environment: Manual Testing, Mercury Quality Center, MS dynamic CRM, Java, Mainframe, Oracle on Windows 2000.
Confidential, Madison, WI
- Created and reviewed comprehensive Test plan and Test Cases.
- Performed Manual testing like Sanity Testing, Smoke Testing.
- Performed Integration Testing, Functional Testing, System testing, User Acceptance Testing, Regression testing, Negative, Positive and backend Testing.
- Fixing the bugs, which came up in the first cycle of Functional Testing.
- Performed extensive database testing to verify the results generated by the batch applications and wrote many complex SQL queries.
- Used QC to track and report system defects and bugs and assigned severity ratings.
- Extensive knowledge of Test Matrix, Traceability Matrix and Gap Analysis.
- Wrote Modification Request (MR) for the bugs in the application and helped developers to track the problem and resolve the user requirements by using QC.
- Participated in defect review meetings with the team members, provided written status reports of testing projects.
- White box testing of code debugging using visual studio.
Environment: Manual, ASP.net, Quality center, SQL, Oracle, Windows.
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes