Auto Dealership * Drug Research and Development * Non - Profit * Construction * Medical Clinical Stage * Fundraising * Development Stage * $60M, 200+ employees * Financial Analysis * Heavy Forensic Accounting and Internal Audit * Executive Management Board & Stockholder Presentations
Confidential, Arlington, Texas
- Manage and perform all accounting and administrative functions related to rebuilding an accounting department after intense internal audit.
- After first quarter, led internal audit that found considerable gaps in internal controls, resulting in termination of staff and revision of procedures.
- Rebuilt full financial statements for 2013 and heavy interaction in creation of daily activity reports, completely new financial reporting, accounting staff and new dealership management.
- Supervised underwriting staff and created credit terms and packets for customer approval process.
- Heavy work with senior management on the implementation of internal controls and process flows.
Confidential, Fort Worth, Texas
Controller (Acting/Assistant Controller)
- Managed and performed all financial reporting, accounting, administrative and payroll functions related to international commercial catastrophic restoration with specific management emphasis on growth regions throughout the United States.
- Heavy focus on fast, accurate construction billing process with various industry related fee schedules.
- Strong focus on intercompany transactions and management relationships with affiliate companies.
- Hands on, working relationship with project and construction managers and ability to respond 24 hours per day.
- Redesigned board approved reporting to include analysis pages for top management and trend analysis to enhance regional management.
- Developed marketing pivot table to match financial statement budget variances to specific marketing event and individual employee reporting.
- Strong use of pivot tables. Heavy inventory, bar code tracking, job cost and departmental/regional financial reporting.
Confidential, Alachua, Florida
Director of Finance
- Direct planning, operating performance and leadership of finance, accounting, administrative, and HR functions.
- Conduct forecasting, budgeting, cash and contracts management, internal controls, and audit planning.
- Coordinate all HR accounting, reporting, benefits administration, options tracking and the negotiation of benefits.
- Identify and mitigate business and operational risks, performing extensive financial analysis and transaction documentation through financial statements.
- Oversee due diligence processes, facilitating cost effective strategic and operational processes for current and future projects.
- Reversed 10+ prior audit adjustments by reviewing and discovering statement errors; auditor subsequently reinstated original numbers.
- Renegotiated bank equity debt agreement to eliminate financial covenants and replace with long-term clinical milestones.
- Led financial analysis that helped secure $24.5 million increase in original Series A financing.
- Set up secure sharing site for due diligence for collaborative projects with multiple companies
- Facilitated current Series B fundraising efforts through supporting analysis, projections and NPV analysis of pipeline.
- Championed and won approval to launch statewide organization to support biotech financial professionals: Florida Association of Bioscience Financial Officers.
- Completed all audits with no deficiencies or material adjustments; volunteered for early risk audit standards and passed with no deficiencies. Continued…
- Restructured accounting department and streamlined departmental operations by eliminating outside contracts with consulting CFO and managing all finance and accounting in house.
- Expanded accounting role to include financial analysis, full projections and budgeting, and financial statements through full disclosure; set industry benchmark for complicated FASB 123R calculations.
- Redesigned reporting process to capture variances quickly, increasing dividend on investments and facilitating consistent operational cost of 2% below projected budgets.
- Maintained full accounting operations with limited staff and met all deadlines for projected financial statements and NPV analysis during 6 month corporate downsize.
- Designed and implemented full risk and control system and wrote accounting policy and procedure manual.
Confidential, Jacksonville, Florida
- Developed and oversaw all accounting and credit/collection functions with shared supervision of administrative and insurance departments.
- Executed financial and P&L statements for 21 sites and entities.
- Formulated, justified and managed all financial and accounting data for 2 consolidated companies comprised of 1 professional corporation employing 35 dentists, specialist and surgeons and a management company with 135 employees.
- Motivated and supervised 7 direct and 30 indirect reports.
- Structured and executed all internal and external financial statements and cash flow management, ensuring accurate assessment of total business results.
- Achieved recognition as 1st member of financial management team with authority to report to the board of directors and present at the annual stockholders’ meeting.
- Earned reputation as top performer, becoming 1st and only non-family employee to be awarded company stock.
- Pioneered creation of internal credit/collections department, resulting in 1% increase in annual collections and 10% expense reduction within 1st year of implementation.
- Designed cash and credit A/R tracking system for multiple locations in a regional area that allowed corporate office daily cash tracking and aggressive cash planning strategy
Confidential, Santa Monica, CA
- Start-up technology company that designed the first listings of homes and 3-D tours of MLS homes for sale and rent through the Internet, eventually leading into www.realtor.com, as known today.
- The company needed investors or a large partner and hired an accounting professional to compile financial statements and disclosures, create a full accounting department, and develop policies and procedures, and controls for potential investors or Partners.
- Developed financial statements for ListingLink which required analysis of information stored in a marina and transactions posted within the publication company.
- Separated books and prepared reporting for each company.
- Started and built accounting department to include 5 direct reports.
- Formalized first formal financial statements presented to investors along with formal policies and procedures to set controls to minimize risk.
- Managed all due diligence related to potential partners, legal transactions and reporting requirements for Board of Directors and owners. Attended board of director meetings, along with Owner to meet with potential investors/partners. In owner’s absence, met with investors to continue negotiations and keep goals on target.
- Designed aggressive cash and A/R policies for both publication and internet to maximize cash flow.
- Prepared forecasting, budgets and market analysis for potential partners.
- Position ended upon sale to the Los Angeles Times in July, 1997, who later sold again to developers of www.realtor.com.
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes