Qa Software & Systems Tester Resume
Las Vegas, NevadA
- My experience as a software engineer in the information technology industry has given me the opportunity to acquire many skills, and work with many intelligent people.
- In my recent experience, I had the duty of a performance test lead engineer with a team of 5, and was a regression team member on a team of 20 plus.
- I worked with a diverse team that comprised of offshore teams in Sweden, India, Turkey, Venezuela, and at home in the United States.
- Good Communication skills were very important in order to work well.
- I sometimes had to work around the clock when demanded because of differences in the time zones
- Building Automated framework
- Test case Design designing performance plan,
- Scheduling performance tests on daily basis.
- Managing the test environment
- Configuring the server when necessary
- Remotely running and watching performance runs around the clock when needed
- I accomplished the deadlines and by the end of my project, so we were able to deliver and our DMS application went “LIVE”.
- Without a doubt, I strongly believe that I am the best engineer for this position because;
- I am a self - motivator; I put my work before everything except family.
- I prioritize very well,
- Manage time responsibly,
- Detail oriented, take initiative,
- A good team mate, (although I am also individualistic), I would pick up the slacks if my team needs me to. I never shy away from being the go-to guy; I can be the clutch shooter and the sixth man on the project. I respect all team mates;
- Most importantly, I love my job
Tools: SQL, ALM, CLEAR QUEST, JAVA, UNIX, UFT, TFS, Vb Script, Load Runner, and Service Suite.
Experienced in: scripting with UFT, Load runner
Automation tool: Cucumber (with Ruby), JIRA
Confidential, Las Vegas, NevadaQA Software & Systems Tester
- Created effective test plans and test cases JIRA
- Created test script using CUCUMBER, SAHI, and SELENIUM
- Document and execute test cases and articulate test results
- Validate whether software requirements have been met
- Objectively assess production readiness from a quality perspective
- Track quality assurance metrics such as defect densities and defect counts
- Review user feedback to determine how to test items
- Suggest process improvements
- Other duties as assigned by management
- Identify and test software defect
Confidential, Sugar Land, TX
Software Test Engineer (Quality Assurance)
- Performed automation testing of client system, unit performance load, regression, stress and data interface.
- Provided client developer teams with detailed reports on quality metrics, identified bugs/flaws and recommended fixes with TFS and Clear Quest report tools.
- Responsible for exhaustive functional and GUI testing of the product. Also responsible for implementation.
- Successfully tested and implemented the software, Configuration and maintenance of SQL Server and using SQL queries to DMS, OMI applications.
- Report bugs and error changes and working developers in diverse management environments.
- Test case design using ALM, coding, testing, and integration design, documentation, review and automation of test cases for assigned features to get the Hardware setup ready for the test cycle
- Provided domain-specific expertise and overall software systems leadership and perspective to Cross-organization projects, programs, and activities and providing guidance and mentoring to less-experienced staff members.
- Collaborating and communicating with internal and outsourced development partners regarding test status, project progress, and issue resolution, system test execution of the test scenarios for the On-board Administrator product. Identify and execute test scenarios impacting the complete End-to-End solution.
- Analysis and reproducing complex customer scenarios in the lab environment. And writing of the test scripts which help in the regression cycles, identifying and executing nonfunctional scenarios performances and stress testing.
Tools: SQL, ALM, CLEAR QUEST, JAVA, UNIX, UFT, TFS, VBscript, Load Runner, and Service Suite.
Confidential, Houston, TX
Systems Test Engineer (Quality Assurance)
- Designed automation framework for regression, integration, lights out testing and setting up notifications
- Extremely knowledgeable in working with Agile, Waterfall and Iterative software development life cycles
- Creating excellent Test Approaches, Modularized Automation Scripts, Functional Scripts, Manual Test Plans and Test Cases.
- 2+ years experience in using test management suite like Mercury Quality Center, Test Director, and Version One for executing test/Automation scripts, documenting & reporting bugs using Clear Quest.
- Transitioned software development efforts to a test-driven development (TDD) process, which brought QA testing in on the front-end of the development cycle for gains in code quality, software functionality and programmer productivity.
Tools: used: ALM, Quality Center, QTP/UFT, Load Runner, SQL
Confidential, North Carolina
Software Test Engineer (Quality Assurance)
- Conducted formal and informal product design reviews throughout the software development life cycle to provide input on functional requirements, product designs, schedules and potential issues.
- Leveraged developer background to communicate effectively with software design team, quickly gaining their respect and becoming a valued, "go-to" team member on challenging test cases. Performed system, unit, acceptance, regression, load and functional/performance testing on dozens of applications using both automated and manual testing methods.
- Leverage knowledge of object-oriented programming to help validate, verify, communicate and resolve software issues through careful, thoroughly documented testing to maximize return on investment (ROI) for IT initiatives.
- Excelled in finding, documenting and reporting bugs, errors, interoperability flaws and other issues within proprietary software applications developed for the Company's global user base.
- Demonstrated methodical, detail-oriented and thorough approach to all assignments while adhering to compressed timeline. Complete all assignments on or ahead of schedule.
- Consistently recognized for excellent problem solving and analytical skills by programmers, project managers and supervisors.
Confidential, New York
QA Software & Systems Tester
- Performed system, unit, performance, load, regression, stress and data interface testing.
- Provided client developer teams with detailed reports on quality metrics, identified bugs/flaws and recommended fixes.
- Prepared and maintained quality-related documents such as procedures, records of inspections, and WI (work instructions).
- Interface with customers, suppliers, and internal departments to solve all quality-related issues.
- Participated and supported Quality improvement processes as part of the DRT (defect reduction team) orbit (quality improvement team).
- Provided guidance, direction, and review to Quality Inspectors and OBAs (out of box auditors).
- Prioritized and lead corrective action activities for failed applications and debugging related to quality issues.
- Assurance requirements; follow up, verification and close out of related action items.
- Coordinated with the Internal Assurance department in CTS regarding audits, including scheduling, reporting and follow up of action items resulting from Internal Assurance audits.
Confidential, New Jersey
Quality Analyst Tester
- Worked on understanding Procedures, Stored Functions, Database Triggers, and Packages using PL/SQL and HP Quality Center
- Directed or coordinated the supportive services department of a business, agency, or organization.
- Prepare data and operational reports and schedules to ensure accuracy and efficiency.
- Analyzed internal processes and recommend and implement procedural or policy changes to improve operations, such as supply changes or the disposal of records. Data modeling with expertise in creating Star & Snow-Flake Schema, FACT and Dimensions Tables, Physical and Logical Data Modeling using Erwin.
- Collaborated with peers in both, business, and technical areas, to deliver optimal business process solutions, in line with corporate priorities.
- Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) experience including Requirements, Specifications Analysis/Design and Testing as per the Software Development Life Cycle. Experienced in developing accurate business process requirements for Banks, Insurance and State government projects.
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes