Software Qa Analyst And Tester Consultant Resume
- 6+ years of experience as a Software QA Analyst in the IT industry with experience in both manual and automation testing on Client/Server and Web applications.
- Experienced in all phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Software Test Life Cycle (STLC).
- Experienced and strong understanding of software Methodologies likeWaterfall and Agilefrom project definition to post - deployment documentation.
- Strong expertise in writingTest plans, Test cases,automated Test scriptsand designing Test procedures.
- Excellent experience on performing unit testing, functional testing, integration testing, regression testing and user acceptance testing.
- Broad experience in writing and executing data driven test in Quick Test Professional (QTP) and SOAPUI.
- Experienced on web services testing using SOAPUI tool and developed Groovy script for database connectivity, property transfer, and validating assertions.
- Experience in both ManualTestingand AutomationTesting.
- Experienced in defect tracking & defect management from the discovery of defects, submitting the defects and tracking the status in various defect tracking tools like ALM/QC, JIRA, Rational Clear Quest and Bugzilla.
- Extensively strong on databases including Oracle and MS SQL Server.
- Excellent working knowledge in MS Office Package.
- Strong understanding of object oriented concept and knowledge of Java and C# language.
- Versatile team playerwith strongwritten and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with all management levels and ability to work on multiple projects.
Operating Systems: UNIX, Windows,Linux,IOS, Android
Testing Tools: Quick Test Pro(QTP), Selenium, Cucumber, Spec Flow, Nunit
Databases/RDBMS: Oracle,MSSQLServer, My SQL
Bug Tracking Tools: Test Director/HP ALMQualityCenter, JIRA, Bugzilla, Rational Clear Quest
Web Browsers: Firefox, IE, Chrome
Web Services: XML, JSON, WSDL, XSD, Soap Requests/Responses
Confidential, Rhode Island
Software QA analyst and Tester Consultant
- Reviewed requirement document and prepared test cases in Excel Sheet, imported to QC and completed the execution of it for assigned modules.
- Tracked, reviewed, analyzed and compared Defects using ALM Quality Center.
- Mapped all the Requirements with the Test Cases using Requirement traceability matrix in Quality Center.
- Involved in Automation of Web Application and performed error handling in data driven test in QTP.
- Developed automated test scripts using QTP to perform smoke, functional and regression testing.
- Created Bitmap checkpoints and Text checkpoints from Active Screen in QTP.
- Validated request and response and added assertions to verify the response.
- Performed web service testing using SOAPUI, created Test Suite and Developed scenarios for Load testing.
- Performed Back end testing connecting using JDBC, wrote SQL queries and verifying the dataflow.
- Check Database Consistency testing using SQL server with DDL and DML commands.
- Manually tested mobile application on mobile device to check the behavior of the functionalities (android and IOS)
- Interacted with Project Manager, Business Analysts, Developers and QA team members in different defect raising situations.
- Created status summary reports with details of executed, passed and failed test cases.
- Developed individually a three card poker game for two player game in C#, Minecraft game block rotation in java, online store database in MS SQL.
- Involved in querying the data, wrote SQL queries including simple and complex joins.
- Involve in the download and installation of IDE.
- Involved in browser interoperability testing for different version of IE, Firefox and chrome.
- Done unit testing of each module, debugging and fixing the error.
- Code review and walkthrough the lab project like Math Quiz, Black jack card game, File I/O projects.
- Worked on team for Group City game project beginning from scratch creating CRC cards, activity diagram and to the end of project.
- Worked effectively with members of the project team to ensure project success throughout the SDLC and STLC.
- Involved in weekly walkthroughs and inspection meetings, to verify the status of the testing effort.
- Analyzed the business requirements, design document, use case documents and developed detail test cases and test scripts.
- Prepared Test plan, Test Scenarios, Test cases, Test execution, Defect reports respective to functional documents.
- Extensively involved in Manual and Automation Test efforts of the project for Functional, Systems Integration, Regression and User Acceptance Testing.
- Wrote SQL queries to fetch the business data using SQL server.
- Conducted performance and stress testing using Load Runner.
- Performed browser compatibility testing in different browsers like Firefox, chrome
- Review of the test cases at Unit & Integration level.
- Ensuring timely preparation and execution of project deliverable like Test cases & test scripts
- Performed different types of mobile testing like compatibility, security, functionality, usability in device mode.
Environment and Tools: Oracle, JAVA,.net, C#, HTML, CSS, MS VS 2005/2010, QTP, Selenium, SOAPUI, VBScript, Jira, Load Runner
Software Quality Analyst
- Worked together with the project lead and team member to get clear understanding of the business requirements.
- Involved in writing test plan and test cases as per the functional documents.
- Performed data driven testing in SOAPUI and validated responses in the XML through assertions.
- Developed Groovy scripts for validating data from database, property transfer from requests.
- Completed Backend Testing and data base testing using SQL Commands.
- Parameterized the scripts to avoid code redundancy and avoid hard coding of frequently changing values to perform Data Driven tests.
- Logged defects in Quality Center and interacted with the developers to resolve technical issues.
- Used Microsoft Excel sheets to create a traceability matrix and the test matrix, which provide an accurate database of the bugs and helped estimate and analyze the development process.
- Communicate with Off-shore teams to deliver and meet the deadlines.
- Prepared test report summary at the end of the project.
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes