Data Warehouse Tester Resume
- Over 7+ years of IT experience in Software testing as Quality Assurance, Analysis/Design, Testing, development, and implementation of test plans, test cases and test procedures in web based (internet/intranet).
- Highly skilled in ETL testing with Datastage, UNIX Shell Scripts, Teradata, Oracle, SQL, PL/SQL, SQL*Loader, SQL Server.
- Enormous technical and functional expertise in Data modeling using Dimensional Data modeling, Star Join Schema/Snowflake modeling, FACT & Dimensions tables, Physical & logical data modeling and OLTP systems.
- Superiorly well versed in the art of oral communication in coordinating technical issues between Testers and Developers.
- Diversified experience in Manual and Automated testing; extensively used automated Testing Tools such as Mercury Interactive Test suite in both Windows and UNIX environment (Win Runner, QTP and Test Director).
- Expertise in QA process and different levels of testing like unit, Functional, Regression, and Integration testing with business scenarios.
- Proficient at performing data analysis and excellent understanding of data management.
- Excellent understanding of SDLC. In depth knowledge of one or more development methodologies.
- Experience with implementing and operating software control management, automated build management and automated testing.
- Experience with Agile Methodology.
- Expertise in creating Test Plan documents and developing test strategy documents and preparing the Traceability Matrices.
- Extensively used the Load runner to develop the performance test scripts to meet the performance testing requirements.
- Experience in all phases of life cycle, including requirements gathering, risk analysis, project planning, scheduling, testing, defect tracking, management, and reporting.
- Expert in Mercury Test tools (QTP) Quick Test Pro, Test Director, Quality Center, Win Runner.
- Creation of test data and Automation of test cases for system and analyzing bug tracking reports
- Very strong knowledge of RDBMS and Data Warehousing Design Concepts.
- Involved in Sprint Planning meetings, Requirement Review meetings, weekly Bug tracking meetings, Status meetings.
- Worked on complex SQL queries for data validations and data verification for both ETL and BI testing.
Tools: ets: Datastage 8.0.1, Informatica 8.6.1/8.1, SQL DTS, Telelogic Synergy, Mercury Test Director.
Database: Oracle 8i/9i/10g, SQL Server 7.0/2000/2005, Teradata 6x/5x, MS Access
Tools: /Utilities: TOAD, SQL* Plus, MS Visio, Teradata SQL Assistant, Erwin, VSS, Autosys, Control - M
Languages: SQL, T-SQL, PL/SQL, Visual Basic 6.0, VBA, Excel, Access, C/C++, XML, XSLT, XSD
Platforms: Windows, IBM AIX, HP-UX, Linux
BI Tools: Business Objects 6.5/XIR2, Cognos 7.3/8.0 Series, SQL Reporting Services, Crystal Reports
Confidential, Charlotte, NC
Data Warehouse Tester
- Responsible for Business analysis and requirements gathering.
- Responsible for coordinating testing throughout both systems ODS and EDW which were two different teams.
- Performed complex defect reports in various environments like UAT, SIT, and QA etc to ensure the proper delivery of the application into the production environment.
- Developed data quality test plans and manually executed ETL and BI test cases and RTM’s.
- Involved in writing the Test cases and Test scripts based on Source to Target Mapping documents and Data Model diagrams. Developed Traceability Matrix.
- Prepared testing strategy, testing schedule, test Cases depending upon the Requirement documents for integration and system testing.
- Coordinated with the Developers regarding the Defects raised and Retested them against the application.
- Wrote SQL queries for each Test case and executed in SQL Plus to validate the data between Enterprise Data Warehousing and Data Mart Staging Tables. Strong usage of Mercury Quality center management tool for a centralized control over entire project.
- Performed Functional, Screen flow and Work flow test scripts as per the user requirements.
- Developed data integration scripts and resolved data related issues during initial loads from different sources.
- Worked with DataStage Director for monitoring performance statistics of each stage.
- Developed Excel models and templates to verify results and performed extensive data analysis and reconciliation.
Environment: IBM Websphere DataStage 8.0.1, Erwin, SQL, PL/SQL, DB2, XML files, DOM, Oracle 11g/10g, TOAD, Windows XP Professional, DB2, Teradata V2 R5, Business Objects UNIX Shell Scripting.
Confidential, Omaha, NE
ETL Test Engineer
- Written complex SQL queries to validate the data against the target based on ETL mapping specifications.
- Tested complex mappings and SCD type-I, Type-II and Type III mappings in Informatica to load the data from various sources using different transformations like Source Qualifier, Lookup (connected and unconnected), Expression, Aggregate, Update Strategy, Sequence Generator, Joiner, Filter, Rank and Router and SQL transformations. Created complex mapplets for reusable purposes.
- Performed backend testing in Oracle /SQL Server My SQL database and analyzed the log files for different error codes for ETL processing.
- Wrote many SQL/PL-SQL scripts to verify data in the DB and verify consistency with Web Portal BI reports.
- Extensively coordinated with the Engineering team/Product team/QA team to discuss challenging issues/bugs/features faced while testing the product.
- Responsible for developing test plans, testing strategy, test cases and execution of the complete test cycle for the backend for ETL and BI needs.
- Wrote many SQL/PLSQL scripts to verify data in the DB and verify consistency with ETL mapping.
- Interacting with developers and trying to track/verify bugs in the corporate Bug database and ensure smooth progress and completion of the QA cycle.
- Involved in testing universes and reports for correct mapping of the objects and data correctness.
- Experience in documenting Functional, Technical Specifications and Test Cases.
- Wrote SQL Statements to extract Data from Tables and to verify the output Data of the reports.
Environment: Informatica PowerCenter 8.6.1, Informatica Power Exchange, Oracle 10g, MS SQL Server 2005, Oracle, windows, Mainframe, HP Quality Center 10.0, Rational Clear Quest, XML Files, XSD, XML Spy 2011, Business Objects XIR3
Confidential, Seattle, WA
- Involved in creating source target mappings based on the Technical Design requirements.
- Involved in Business analysis and requirements gathering.
- Assisted in creating fact and dimension table implementation in Star Schema model based on requirements.
- Tracked defects through Quality Center and Clear Quest.
- Develop ETL test plans based on test strategy.
- Created and executed test cases and test scripts based on test strategy and test plans based on ETL Mapping document.
- Tested design strategy of the Extract, Transform and Load for various ODW tables.
- Tested mappings with the Design Documents and also performed testing for various sample data.
- Created test suites for functional and regression testing using QTP.
- Worked with all Teradata load utilities.
- Use Quality Center for all test phases as a repository, test management, test execution, and test reporting activities
- Preparation of technical specifications and Source to Target mappings.
- Extensively used SQL programming in backend and front-end functions, procedures, packages to implement business rules and security.
- Experienced using query tools for Oracle to validate reports and troubleshoot data quality issues.
- Solid testing experience in working with SQL Stored Procedures, triggers, views and worked with performance tuning of complex SQL queries.
- Developed scripts, utilities, simulators, data sets and other programmatic test tools as required executing test plans.
- Effectively communicate testing activities and findings in oral and written formats.
- Extensively used Informatica power center for extraction, transformation and loading process.
- Worked with ETL group for understating mappings for dimensions and facts.
- Extracted data from various sources like Oracle, flat files and SQL Server.
- Designed and developed UNIX shell scripts as part of the ETL process, automate the process of loading, pulling the data.
- Validated cube and query data from the reporting system back to the source system.
Environment: Informatica PowerCenter 8.6.1, Informatica Power Exchange, Oracle 10g, MS SQL Server 2005, Oracle, windows, Mainframe, HP Quality Center 10.0, Rational Clear Quest, XML Files, XSD, XML Spy 2011, Business Objects XIR3Confidential, Minneapolis, MN
- Done database testing on Oracle, SQL Server, Teradata and MYSQL databases using SQL queries.
- Designed and executed the test cases on the application as per company standards.
- Preventing occurrences of multiple runs by flagging processed dates.
- Written Test Cases for ETL to compare Source and Target database systems.
- Testing of records with logical delete using flags.
- Interacting with senior peers or subject matter experts to learn more about the data.
- Modified XML files to manipulate the data to fake the web services.
- Provided excellent support during QA/UAT/Beta testing by working with multiple groups.
- Optimized the SQLs and Tested Informatica mappings which handled millions of records.
- Parameterized the automated scripts for running multiple sets of data.
- Tested different ETL mappings and transformations.
- Tested different Cognos cubes (dimensions, measures) by creating analysis on front end and verifying with SQL on backend.
- Performed Functionality and Regression testing of source application, Cognos and Data integration.
- Performed Ad-Hoc Testing for Cognos tool upgrades and ETL tool upgrades.
- Performed Black Box testing for testing all the business requirements and the System functionality
- Created test data in source application to run approved test cases.
- Supported UAT Testing effort by coordinating with end users and executing UAT test cases.
- Tested re-usable components in Informatica, Oracle and UNIX.
- On-Call/Production Support provided during day-time and off-hours.
- Performed Database and Text checkpoints of Quick Test Pro.
- Proved accuracy in doing sanity checks, smoke tests after the install of new scripts used by ETL.
- Read and understand the Log files to verify the processes for debugging and/or test data verification purposes.
- Prepared ETL Test Data based on ETL mapping document.
- Create Test plan and Test Cases to cover overall functionality of the application.
- Regression Test Plan and Production Acceptance test plan for the test releases.
- Prepare and execute Test Cases for end-to-end functionality testing.
- Generated testing reports and metrics, trend graphs according to the test plan.
- Created and executed SQL queries in ORACLE and MS SQL server.
- Performed tests on various browsers for Cognos Reportnet reports.
Environment: Informatica 8.6.1, Cognos 8.0 Series, HP Quality Center 10.0, MS SQL Server 2008, Oracle 11g (SQL, PL/SQL), TOAD, MS Access, QTP 9.2, Teradata V2R6, Teradata SQL Assistant, XML, XML Spy 2010, J2EE, Sybase 12.5, IBM AIX 5.5, Shell Scripting
- Worked on gathering requirements for loan level and pool level amortization process.
- Prepared detailed business requirement documents.
- Reviewed the Business Requirement Documents and the Technical Specification.
- Developed Test Cases to cover overall quality assurance testing.
- Performed manual testing on different modules of the application.
- Performed System Testing and Integrity Testing using WinRunner.
- Developed, tracked and managed Issues Log created during the test phase using Excel.
- Prepared Test status reports for each stage and logged any unresolved issues into Issues log.
- Coordinated the Onsite and Offshore teams to resolve issues.
- Track and report upon testing activities, including the test case execution stage, defect status if any defects opened during execution and the testing results status.
- Executed the UNIX shell scripts that invoked SQL loader to load data into tables.
- Generated Reports in Front end and validated Reports in Backend to ensure data integrity and validate Business rules.
- Maintained Traceability Matrix to track the requirements to the test cases to ensure complete test coverage in the Mercury Quality Center.
- Prepared Test Plan from the Business Requirements, detected defects, tracked and reported bugs using Test Director.
- Performed data integrity testing by executing SQL statements and manually verifying the contents.
- Used SQL on UNIX platform to perform Backend Testing on databases.
- Maintain SQL scripts for creation of database objects.
Environment: SQL, PL/SQL, Autosys, Test Director, JSP, Java Script, HTML, Windows NT/2000, UNIX
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes