Qa Automation Engineer Resume
- Over 5 years of extensive hands - on experience in diversified fields of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) specialized in Quality Assurance Process and Methodologies.
- Strong Expertise in SDLC, Test Management and Testing Lifecycle Methodologies like Agile Models, Waterfall Model, Rational Unified Process (RUP).
- Proven ability in designing and creating automation frameworks for J2EE based applications using Java, Selenium WebDriver/IDE/RC, QTP, Quality Center, Junit, TestNG, Maven, ANT, Jenkins, Hudson, Jbehave, Cucumber and SOAP UI.
- Experience in black box, gray box and automation testing using Selenium-TestNG, Junit on web and client applications.
- Work experience in integrating Automation scripts (Selenium WebDriver API) on Continuous Integration tools Hudson/Jenkins for nightly batch run of the Script.
- Proficient in creating automation script from scratch. Sound knowledge of developing different type of framework like Module driven, Data driven and Hybrid framework.
- Extensive experience in using Selenium WebDriver APIs for writing Junit test suites and test cases for testing functionality with the Selenium Server.
- Experience in designing Test Cases, Test Scenarios, Test Scripts and Test reports of manual and automated tests.
- Experience include Unit testing, Functional testing, User Acceptance Testing, Integration testing, System testing, Performance testing, Sanity testing, Exception testing, Compatibility testing & Security testing of client/server and Web base Applications.
- Experienced using Web-debugging tool like Fire Path and Firebug for finding elements locator.
- Extensive experience in Black-Box & White-Box Testing for Web, Data Base and Client server Applications.
- Experience in testing Web Services-SOA architecture, RPCs, XML transactions, SOAP, HTTP, WSDL, and REST using various industry standard tools like SOAP UI.
- Track defects by using a bug tracking system Quality Center and do tests for issues. Report defects to software developers in order to ensure compliance with standards.
- Experienced in writing SQL verification scripts to test the result of deployment for correct business logic for Back-end testing.
- Working experience in Waterfall (Software Development Life Cycle -SDLC), TDD, BDD and Agile Project Environment.
- Good analytical and communication skills and ability to work independently with minimal supervision and also perform as part of a team.
- Highly motivated team player with analytical, organizational and technical skills, unique ability to adapt quickly to challenges and changing environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, proven team player with an analytical bent to problem solving and delivering under high stress environment.
Testing Tools: Selenium IDE/RC/Grid/WebDriver, QTP, JMeter, Load Runner, Mercury-Quality Center, Junit, Cucumber, Jbehave, SOAP UI
Languages: C, C++, Java, C#, SQL, PL/SQL
Web Technologies: HTML, DHTML, CSS, XML, XSD, XSL, XSLT, XPATH, AJAX,, JSP.
Packages: MS-Office Suite(Word, Excel, Access), MS-Project, MS-Visual Studio, Eclipse
Servers: WebLogic, WebSphere, JBoss 4/5, Apache, Tomcat
Build Tools: Ant, Maven
Continuous integration Tools: Hudson, Jenkins, Cruise Control
Database: MS Access, Oracle 11g/10g
Operating system: Windows XP/Vista/7 and UNIX.
QA Automation Engineer
- Interacted with the Business Clients, Product Owners, Developers and QA Manager for clear exposure to trickle down the technical/functional User Requirements & Change Requests to Test Plans and Test Scenarios.
- Identified test cases to automate. Automate those test cases using Selenium WebDriver, TestNG and Java technologies (Eclipse IDE). Contributed in framework creation.
- Perform Functional Testing, Regression Testing, System Integration testing, (UAT ) User Acceptance Testing, and End to End Testing
- Tested the application in highly dynamic environment with sprint team using agile methodology.
- Responsible creating the functional testing framework using TestNGand using Selenium WebDriver to automate the UI components.
- Automated the Test cases using Selenium for Regression testing and TestNG for grouping the tests
- Created and enhanced numerous test scripts to handle changes in the objects, in the tested application’s GUI and in the testing environment using Selenium WebDriver.
- Used SeleniumWebDriverAPI to automate tests on cross browser and cross platform environment. Sound knowledge on Object Oriented Programming concept and Java Language.
- Integrated Automation scripts (Selenium WebDriver API) on Continuous Integration tools Jenkins for nightly batch run of the Script. Created Project plan on Jenkins, configured scheduled using Cron job.
- Involved in Functional Testing as Unit test, Method test, Test Suite, Integration Testing using different TestNG methods.
- Performed Unit testing with TestNG test frame work and use Bromine for easy running the test and store the result for analysis the test.
- Used Build tool like Maven to generate test report.
- Performed data driven testing by using JDBC as a data source in SOAP UI and configured SQL queries to fetch data from the Oracle database.
- Involved in Web Services Testing using SOAP UI.
- Executed Test Cases recorded in HP Quality Center manually to test the application for its functionality, system integration and verify the Exit Criteria.
- Performed various types of testing, such as Functionality, Regression, GUI Interface, Integration System, User acceptance and, end-to-end testing.
- Involved with SDLC models waterfall, RUB and AGILE Methodology projects (Scrum and XP).
- Actively participated in walk-through, inspection, review and user group meetings for quality assurance with BAs, SMEs and Developers.
- Maintained Metrics and participated in the Weekly Status Updates showing the progress of the testing effort and open issues to be resolved.
QA Automation Engineer
- Prepared Test Plan, test Cases, Test scripts and TestMetrics for the application as well as for the database verification based on the functional requirements, portal redesigned and test specs.
- Worked in Agile environment, with an ability to accommodate and test the newly proposed changes at any point of time during the release.
- Evaluate and analyze Business Requirements, Functional Specification documents.
- Developed and executed test plans, test cases and test matrices utilizing QA best practices and standards.
- Designed, developed and implemented MVC Pattern based Keyword Driven automation testing framework utilizing Java, TestNG and Selenium WebDriver.
- Involved in designing and implementing of hybrid automation framework to be used with Selenium WebDriver.
- Performed Data driven testing Selenium WebDriver using TestNG functions and JDBC Connections which reads data from scripts using property and XML files.
- Performed functional testing to identify various critical points in the application and automated it by using Selenium WebDriver with TestNG.
- Developed Test cases manually and generated Automation Scripts usingopen source tools like SeleniumWeb Driver, TestNG, SOAPUI, Maven and Jenkins.
- Created Test plan, High level scenarios, test case construction and test estimates, resource estimates and weekly status reports.
- Wrote Maven build scripts to automate the compilation and execution of TestNG test cases/suites.
- Used Maven for building the WebDriver project. Integrated with Continuous Integration tools Jenkins for running test on nightly basis automatically.
- Used Selenium WebDriver for automating of Cross Browser Testing on IE, Firefox, Safari and Chrome.
- Created XML based test suit and integrated with Jenkins Server to execute automation scripts on a regular basis by scheduling Jenkins jobs in different test environments with different test configurations.
- Used automated scripts and performed functionality testing during the various phases of the application development using Selenium.
- Used Selenium tool (selenium IDE is a plug-in to Firefox) to record and playback tests and then export the recorded test in other language e.g. html, Java.
- Involved in Functional Testing as Unit test, Method test, Test Suite, Integration Testing using different Junit methods.
- Used XPath and DOM to work with dynamic and static objects in Selenium.
- Involved in SOAP & REST based web servicestesting using SOAP UIPRO web services testing tool.
- Created automation scripts in SOAP UI using Groovy Script for web services testing.
- Worked onCucumber Testing applications and Responsible for preparing weekly status reports and validated the back-end data using SQL queries for data integrity.
- Involved in designing scenarios in JMeterto perform Load and Stress tests and to analyze results.
- Tested request and response XML's based web services interfaces using SoapUI.
- Performed Automation for regression using Selenium WebDriver and Selenium GRID.
- Used Quality Center for bug tracking and reporting, also followed up with development team to verify bug fixes, and update bug status.
- Developed and executed SQL queries to verify the proper insertion, deletion and updates into the Oracle supporting tables and cubes.
- Prepared user documentation with screenshots for UAT (User Acceptance testing).
Environment: Java, Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, Jenkins, Cucumber, JMeter, SOAP UI, Agile, Maven, XPATH, DOM, Firebug, XML, HTML, CSS, Eclipse, Quality Center, SQL, Oracle, Windows.
- Testing of new features by creating test specifications, test cases, and working closely with development and business teams.
- Performed Functional Testing, Regression Testing, User Acceptance Testing (UAT), and Integration Testing using Black Box Testing methodologies.
- Reviewed and updated Requirements Traceability Matrices (RTM) that satisfy all required project’s test conditions.
- Define, develop, and execute automation test scripts using Java that leverage black and white box testing across functional, non-functional and performance testing.
- Automated the Functional, Regression, Integration test cases using tools from Selenium Suite of products like, Selenium Grid and Selenium RC.
- Tested compatibility of application for dynamic and static content under various cross browsers using HTML IDs and XPath in Selenium.
- Developed automated scripts using Selenium RC, Java, Junit in Eclipse IDE to perform functional and regression testing for web based applications.
- Written automated scripts with XPath to identify web elements such that most of the browsers can be used.
- Responsible for preparation of Test cycle/progress reports, analysis of defect metrics& implement improvement actions for next iterations.
- Involved in Defect Management, Defect Review and Defect Status Reporting.
- Executed scripts on multiple browsers simultaneously using Selenium Grid.
- Ran regression scripts to ensure that the existing features are working fine.
- Identifying, logging, tracking and escalating bugs using JIRA/Rally.
- Performed backend testing using SQL queries to retrieve and verify information in the database.
- Developed SQL queries to simulate data validation reports and to stage test data for ongoing testing.
- Used SQL to test Data Warehousing and Data Cleansing for the arrangement of customer data.
- Maintained QA/Test environments and assisted in build and deploy activities.
- Communicate testing status to QA lead, project managers, and teams who are involved in User Acceptance Testing.
- Interacted with the development team to validate the scope of fixing the bugs.
Environment: Java, Selenium RC/IDE, Junit, Eclipse, Jira, XPATH, ClearCase, PL/SQL, HTML, SQL, Windows XP, UNIX.
- Identified the test requirements based on application business requirements and blueprints.
- Performed manual testing and maintain documentation on different types of Testing viz., Positive, Negative, Regression, Integration, System, User-acceptance, Performance and Black Box
- Involved in analyzing the applications and development of test cases
- Involved in doing System testing of the entire applications along with team members Applications are tested manually.
- Analyzed and reviewed the software requirements, functional specifications and design documents.
- Proficient in QA processes, test strategies and experience in creating documents like Test plan, Test procedures.
- Developed test scenarios and test procedures based on the test requirements.
- Participated in Preparing Test Plans.
- Wrote SQL queries and stored procedures to validate data.
- Documented errors and implemented their resolutions.
- Created test scripts, executed test scripts.
- Developed Test Objectives and test Procedures.
Environment: Manual testing, HTML, XML, Quality Center, Oracle, SQL, Windows.
- Analyzed user requirements, scenarios, and business rules and attended periodic meeting for changes in the application.
- Involved in Manual Testing to check the basic functionality of the modules under test.
- Prepared test plans and test cases to test application functionality.
- Prepared test data for positive and negative test scenarios for functional testing as documented in the test plan.
- Prepared Requirement traceability matrix (RTM) for the application.
- Performed browser compatibility testing on different versions and data validations for all reports.
- Created manual test cases for Functional, GUI and Database testing of the application using Quality Center.
- Performed integration, function, system, usability, compatibility, load, stress and performance testing.
- Involved in database testing by writing and executing SQL queries to ensure that data entered has been uploaded correctly into the database.
Environment: Java, Quality Center, HTML, Java Script, Oracle, SQL, Windows XP.
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes