Sr. Qa Analyst Resume
- Self - motivated and detail oriented analyst with over 7 years of experience as a Business and Quality Analyst.
- Working experience in managing quality activities in large and complex systems (Client/Server and Web).
- Strong understanding of SDLC methodologies including Waterfall, Agile and RUP.
- Experienced in conducting Joint Application Development sessions for requirements gathering, analysis, design, development and testing with end users.
- Extensive experience in review and analysis of Business and Functional requirements.
- Solid understanding in Web Development Technologies, Online Transaction Processing Systems and Decision Support Systems.
- Hands on SQL development experience with good understanding of data and analytics.
- Good understanding of Dimensional Modeling, Star Schema and Snow Flake Schema.
- Experienced in using Test Director/Quality Center/ALM as Test Management Tool for organizing test sets, Daily Runs, defect tracking and reporting.
- Experience working with all industry-standard tools such as Test Director, HP Quality Center, SQL Navigator (Database Validations), Rational Clear Quest, HP QTP, UFT, HP Load Runner.
- Proficient in writing & executing Test Cases/Test Scripts for both Manual and Automated Testing.
- Expertise in defining, creating, documenting, verifying, and executing test plan and test cases.
- Performed Functional testing, GUI, Black Box Testing, Integration testing, Performance testing, Stress testing, System Level Testing, Regression Testing and User Acceptance testing (UAT).
- Good understanding of quality management tools like Six Sigma.
- Good understanding of User Acceptance Test Frameworks such as Gherkin and Specflow.
- Demonstrate an exceptional ability to adapt to new developments in the world of technology and working environment.
- Having good communication, analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a team player.
Automation Tools: QuickTestPro 11.0/UFT 12.0, LoadRunner 7.1, HP Quality Center 11.0/ ALM, IBM Rational Suite, Rational Clear Quest, Rational Requisite Pro.
Languages: VB, SQL, PL/SQL
Application Servers: WebLogic 6.1 / 7.0/8.1, IBM Web Sphere 4.x, TIBCO, Apache Tomcat 4, Java Web Server 2.0.
Databases: Oracle, SQLServer, DB2 and MS Access.
Operating Systems: Unix, Windows XP/2000/NT/98, Mac OS X.
SDLC Models: Iterative, Waterfall, Agile/SCRUM
Sr. QA Analyst
- Performed global review and studied project management office documents, use cases and prototypes developed by business analysis team.
- Involved in creating high-level documents like Test Management Approach, Test Strategy and Master Test Plan.
- Involved in creating Standards and Guidelines for Test Management, Risk Assessment, Defect Classification, Tracking and Resolution.
- Record, track and report defects clearly through the defect tracking tool Quality Center.
- Performed Integration, Functional, User Acceptance Testing (UAT), Regression, Localization testing and End-to-End testing.
- Tested the GUI / User Interface of the Web applications.
- Executed the daily runs of QTP Regression Test Suite using Quality Center for the Application.
- Managing and coordination of offshore QA team.
- Attended periodical meetings with developers to resolve issues and to ensure overall quality of the software.
- Used HP’s Mercury Quality Center as a Test Management and Defect Tracking tool during the testing phase.
- Successful in delivering quality applications within the timeframe.
- Developed SQL Queries to retrieve or create test data from different Oracle Test databases.
- Performed database testing by writing queries in TOAD.
- Trained team members to deliver applications with quality against short schedules.
- Participated in regular walkthroughs and inspections.
Environment: SQL Server, Windows XP, MS Visio, HP Quality Center, MS Office Suite, QTP and TOAD.
- Extensively performed both Manual and Automation Testing
- Performed reviewing functional and business requirement docs periodically.
- Performed System Testing, UAT and Regression Testing.
- Extensively involved in the Integration testing, as various individual applications are linked to the main web application.
- Designed Test plans and Test cases for testing the applications in HP Quality Center.
- Involved in several meetings to solve the Critical Issues with Developers and Business Team.
- Performed front end as well as back end testing for various Issues found during QA and UAT.
- Involved in the user acceptance testing frameworks.
- Involved in Functionality testing of the web Application.
- Added the Enhanced test scripts to the Execution Grid of the Quality Center.
- Participated in regular walkthroughs and inspections.
- Extensively worked on Rational Clear Quest as defect tracking tool.
- Defects and enhancements were opened in Rational Clear Quest.
- Coordinated meetings with various QA teams to improve testing strategies for effective results.
- Successful in delivering quality applications against rigorous schedules.
- Attended weekly update meetings withQAManager to discuss the status of Projects.
Environment: QTP, Quality Center, Rational Clear Quest, .NET, XML, MS Office Suite, TOAD and Oracle 10g.
- Used Waterfall method for implementing the project.
- Involved in creating the Master Test Plan, Test Schedules, Test Cases, Test conditions based on the Functional Specifications and Technical Design Documents.
- Used HP Quality Center to organize the requirements, Test Cases and Defects
- Executed Manual Test Cases for bug tracking and reporting it in Quality Center
- Enhanced the Test Cases by analyzing the Specification Documents.
- Created Requirement Traceability Matrix to ensure that all the requirements are covered by the test cases.
- Validated to ensure the correct data fields are passing from the financial system into the correct tax engine fields.
- Performed all phases of end-to-end testing which includes Regression Testing, GUI testing, Black Box testing, Smoke testing, and Negative Testing of the Application, its interfaces.
- Involvement in various walkthroughs with the entire team.
- Participated in user acceptance testing.
Environment: MS Project, MS Visio, MS Excel, SQL, Quality Center, HTML.
Confidential, Herndon, VA
- Involved in analyzing system design specifications and developed Test Plans, Test Scenarios and Test Cases to cover overall quality assurance testing.
- Perform both manual and automation testing and created various test results to track the testing results.
- Export requirement, test cases into the Quality Center, run manual and automation test cases from test lab and log defects from defects module.
- Followed up with standard software testing life cycle (STLC) to perform different types of testing for the projects.
- Performed Functional Testing using Quality Center.
- Developed automation scripts in QTP to automate smoke and regression testing.
- Assisted the scripts in QTP by applying checkpoints, parameterizations, synchronization point.
- Developed SQL Queries to retrieve or create test data from different HP Quality centers.
- Worked closely with the application development and design and testing team to resolve technical issues and interacted with them to ensure overall quality of the software.
- Load Runner was used for Load, Performance & Stress Testing.
- Load Runner Results helped admins to decrease the Transaction Response Time by fine tuning the Cache Server.
- Assisted in smoke testing, Functional, Integration, System, user interface testing of the bank account information web based application.
- Experienced and worked in Agile environment
Environment: HPQC, QTP, Oracle, SQL, Windows, Agile Environment.
Jr. Quality Assurance Tester
- Developed Test plans and documented Standard Testing Procedures for manual testing.
- Played a key role in developing overall quality processes, metrics collection and change management.
- Developed and executed test cases and test plans for Functionality.
- Executed, wrote, maintained test case script procedures, and documented test results.
- Involved in creating traceability matrix to map requirement and test cases.
- Performed Database Validation and Integration Testing and manipulations using SQL.
- Performed manual testing and maintained documentation on different types of testing like positive and Negative testing.
- Participated regularly in Walkthroughs and review meetings with Project Manager, Business Analysts and Development team.
Environment: Oracle, Test Director, MS Visio, Windows XP, MS Office, XML, HTML and Windows XP.
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes