Qa Engineer Resume
San Francisco, CA
- Over 7 years of professional experience in Information Technology (IT) with emphasis in Quality Engineering and SDLC.
- Excellent understanding of SDLC, STLC and Agile Test Methodologies.
- Experience in Quality Engineering including Manual and Automated testing with tools such as Selenium WebDriver, TestNG/JUnit, SOAPUI, Rally, JIRA and QC.
- Experienced in developing and executing Manual and Automated tests in different platforms using JAVA and Selenium Libraries.
- Strong experience with SOA architecture which include SOAP Web Service and Restful Web Service testing.
- Experienced in using Maven for dependency management.
- Experience in developing framework using JUnit, TestNG and Page Object Model.
- Experienced in performing Data Driven testing to validate the components displayed on the website using Selenium.
- Experience in Developing and executing the test cases using JUnit and TestNG Framework.
- Experienced in developing Hybrid Framework using Selenium WebDriver.
- Experienced in performing testing of software web applications including Functional testing.
- Integration & Regression testing using Selenium WebDriver.
- Key expertise includes testing & debugging UI & Multi - Applications environment & Automation using Selenium WebDriver.
- Well-versed in Using Jenkins for Continuous Integration Tool.
- Expertise in Functional, Data Driven and Load Testing for web services and web-based applications.
- Tested mobile (Android/ iOS) and web components of the application developed for parents to monitor their children whereabouts using smart phones
- Implemented mobile test automation platform (Appium-Webdriver).
- Experience in Smoke Testing, UI Testing, Integration Testing, Black Box Testing, End to End Testing, Manual Testing, UAT and Performance Testing.
- Excellent skill in finding bugs and defect management, using bug tracking tools - Rally, JIRA.
- Experienced in writing SQL Queries to perform Database Testing.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, self-starter, quick learner, strong analytical skills, team player, good mentor and possess positive attitude.
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
Defect/Bug Tracking Tools: Rally, JIRA, Quality Center, BugZilla
Automation Testing Tools: Selenium, HTTPClient, QTP
Performance Testing Tools: JMeter, Load Runner
Programming Languages: Java
Web Technologies: HTML, CSS, XML, XPATH, XML Schema, XSLT, AJAX, JQuery
Web Services: REST, SOAP
RDBMS: Oracle, MySQL, MS-Access
Source Code Control System: CVS, Subversion, VSS, GIT
Web/Application Server: Apache Tomcat, WebSphere
Java API: JUnit, TestNG, JDBC, Log4J, Java.IO, Java. Collections.
Confidential, San Francisco, CA
- Created Test strategy and Test plan, created test data and organized test plans and test runs for automation.
- Worked on testing the integration of Confidential 's Order Management System with Hybris B2C omni-channel commerce solution.
- Identified test cases to automate, prioritized suitable candidates for automation and automated test cases using Selenium WebDriver, TestNG and Java.
- Implemented Page Object Model Automation framework with Java, Selenium WebDriver.
- Developed the automation framework using Selenium and TestNG for functional testing.
- Configured Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, using Maven and created selenium automation scripts in Java.
- Designed and develop Selenium Hybrid Automation framework using Java, TestNG, Apache POI, and Apache HTTPClient for Web Service automation and Maven.
- Involved in automating test cases using Selenium WebDriver with TestNG.
- Stage and Production environments from new users/orgs creation, and login, to the order completion on eCommerce site/ backend.
- Used Maven, SVN, Java and Selenium Grid to create nightly automation scripts.
- Integrated with Jenkins for running test on regular basis automatically.
- Worked on distributed test automation execution on different environment as part of Continuous Integration Process using Selenium Grid and Jenkins.
- Performed various testing activities like GUI testing, functional testing, browser compatibility testing, regression testing.
- Used JMeter for performance testing.
- Wrote some test scripts in Appium (Java + Selenium) to test mobile application functionality for ISO and android devices.
- Automated ATT regression suite using the Selenium WebDriver, JSON libraries, JDBC.
- Used Firebug to inspect the XPath of the web elements.
- Used Eclipse IDE for Java development.
- Integrated Appium with Continuous Integration tool- Jenkins
- Worked closely with development team in creating automated scripts for the application using Selenium.
- Designed and develop framework for Mobile Browser application testing using Perfecto Mobile.
- Used SOAP UI and REST API to test SOA based architecture application.
- Defined software quality metrics that lend traceability to the software lifecycle in order to measure and track delivery dates, defect rates, and burn rates.
- Designed automation steps, identifying objects and created test scripts.
- Analyzed testing results and defects, and provided recommendations to development team.
- Reported the bugs/defects through Rally.
- Worked in Agile Scrum Development Environment with frequently changing requirements and features set.
- Participated in daily, weekly meetings and technical reviews. Prepared reports showing the testing efforts.
- Reviewed database test cases according to assigned requirements to validate reports by retrieving data with complex SQL queries from Oracle database.
- Prepared user documentation with screenshots for UAT.
Confidential, Campbell, CA
- Analyzed the Business Requirements Document, put input in Test Plan and prepared detailed Test Cases for new functionality.
- Associated with development team to understand technical design and architecture for test planning.
- Designed and developed Page Objects using Page Object Design Pattern and Selenium WebDriver.
- Developed Selenium Automation framework - Created a hybrid framework (Keyword and Data driven) on Selenium using TestNG.
- Used UI Mapping with CSS selectors to create a centralized location for UI objects for automating UI testing.
- Used Page Object Model, Data Driven testing using CSV, as a part of Framework.
- Created and enhanced numerous test scripts to handle changes in the objects, in the tested application's GUI and in the testing environment using Selenium WebDriver, TestNG and Jenkins.
- Implemented Automated execution of tests (nightly and need based) using Maven and Jenkins.
- Tested Android app using AVD emulators for different versions for android and used ADB and Log Cat debugging issues.
- Established Testing mobile applications via Selenium with Appium, Selendroid with Cucumber
- Configured Selenium WebDriver, using Maven and created Selenium automation scripts in Java using TestNG prior to agile release.
- Used Java language and TestNG framework for scripting. Used Maven for building the WebDriver project. Integrated with Jenkins for running test automatically.
- Created automation framework in Selenium WebDriver using behavior driven approach like Cucumber.
- Involved in setting up Jenkins and working knowledge with cloud based code repository system like GitHub.
- Tested request and response XML based web services interfaces using SOAP UI.
- Performed Web Services Testing and XML validation by creating test case suite using SOAP UI.
- Directly involved with ISO and API audits
- Created test framework using Selenium for further test creation and execution.
- Regression test cases were written and automated using Selenium WebDriver.
- Used JMeter for performance testing.
- Prepared Traceability Matrix to ensure the adequate coverage of the test cases.
- Tested compatibility of application for dynamic and static content under various cross browsers using HTML IDs and XPath in Selenium.
- Updated Test Plans and Test Cases periodically to manage changes in requirements.
- Reported software defects in Jira and interacted with the developers to resolve technical issues.
- Performed back end testing on Oracle Database by writing SQL queries.
- Created SQL Views to aggregate data before moving to targeted database from legacy database to simulate results.
- Followed Agile testing methodology, participated in daily Scrum meetings and testing each Sprint deliverables.
- Tested applications in different types of browsers and versions, such as Internet Explorer, Firefox, Google Chrome to simulate production environment.
- Participated in QA weekly meetings and various other meetings and discussed Enhancement and Modification Request issues and defects in the application.
Technologies: Java, Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, SOAPUI, Cucumber, android, Maven, Jenkins, Firepath, JIRA, POM, SQL, ISO, Oracle, HTML, XML, XPath, Firebug, GitHub, SQL.
Confidential, NYC, NY
Software Test Engineer
- Extensively involved in Preparing the Manual and Automation System Test Plans and Test Strategies.
- Identified test cases to automate, prioritized suitable candidates for automation and automated test cases using Selenium RC and Selenium IDE, JUnit and Java.
- Reviewed test plans, test cases and test scripts to ensure consistency with strategic direction, goals and objectives of QA resources working on the project with Agile SCRUM methodology.
- Involved in setting up Selenium RC in the Test Environment, deploy and run the scripts as part of the build and generated automated test reports for test runs.
- Worked on developing the automation scripts using Selenium RC with JUnit Framework.
- Developed Test Scripts for Automation of the web-based application in Selenium- Junit.
- Developed Junit tests for each Java based API in the Project and verified functionality by matching expected and actual output values.
- Designed automated tests, created automated test cases, test plans and executed tests using Selenium.
- Involved in developing and executing automation regression testing and system testing using Selenium. Executed test scripts, analyzed test results, and report identified problems/bugs using Quality Center.
- Supported development team in finding the root cause of errors, by analyzing logs, database and source TD.
- Performed data driven test and regression testing using Selenium.
- Checked Configuration and compatibility testing for s/w versions and hardware.
- Interacted with developers to follow up on Defects and Issues followed by the Defect Life Cycle.
Confidential, Jersey City, NJ
- Analyzed system requirements and developed a Test Plan for System Testing.
- Enhanced theQTPScripts in expert mode in order to implement efficient test scenarios.
- Analyzed requirements documents and Use Cases to prepare the detailed Test Plans and Test Cases
- Involved along with test manager on providing inputs to test estimation and test strategy preparation.
- Executed Test Cases for Web Application hosted on a Web Logic Server and validated response.
- Defects were tracked, reviewed, analyzed and compared using Quality Center.
- Ensured that all the test cases are updated in the Quality Center along with Master test plan.
- Created test cases and scripts in Quality Center test plan module and linked them with requirement.
- Generated Oracle SQL scripts to validate large scale data migration from existing system to new environment.
- Used UNIX shell scripts for monitoring the servers during testing sessions.
Technologies: Scrum Method0logy, QTP, Quality Center, (UNIX), Load Runner, SQL, Windows, Oracle, VBScript.
Confidential, Denver, CO
- Designed efficient Manual test cases based on analysis of Business Requirement documents.
- Understanding the business requirements and developed test cases to test the complete functionality of the application.
- Involved in requirement gathering, analysis of the requirements from the user.
- Assisted in design review meetings making sure all the requirements were covered in the development project scope
- Maintained Traceability Matrix to ensure all conditions were covered in the Test Cases.
- Executed test cases and analyzed the test results.
- Responsible for performing Functional testing, System testing and Smoke testing.
- Executed test cases before and after bug fixes for each build for User acceptance testing.
Technologies: Java, Quality Center, HTML, XML, SQL, Windows.
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes