Sr Qa Consultant Resume
- Self - motivated IT Professional with over 9+ years of Software Quality Assurance experience in testing of web-based e-Commerce applications and Involved in analysis, design, testing, implementation of test plans and test case development for client/server and internet/intranet applications.
- Excellent understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Software Test Life Cycle (STLC) and Test Methodologies from project definition to post-deployment documentation.
- Experience with QA Testing methodologies like Agile Methodology, Waterfall Methodology.
- Experience in creating and developing Strategic Test Plans, Manual Test Scripts and Test Reports for manual tests using HP Quality Center.
- Extensively performed Smoke testing, Functional testing, Integration testing, System testing, Regression testing, Black box testing, Mobile testing, Adhoc testing and UAT testing.
- Performed Cross-browser testing on various browsers like Chrome, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Fire Fox and Safari.
- Knowledge of basic concepts of automation using Quick test pro (QTP).
- Good understanding of RDBMS concept and utilizing / writing the SQL queries for data verification.
- Experience in systems such as Point of sale (POS) checkouts and transaction for goods or services.
- Exposure to web services testing using SOA tool SOAP UI.
- Maintained the test summary reports, requirement traceability matrix (RTM) and incident issue list reports.
- Experience in defect tracking using defect management tool Quality Center.
- Strong analytical skills for understanding the business requirements, business rules/processes and detailed design
- Ability to work as independent and team member in challenging and cross-platform environments.
- Highly motivated team player with excellent analytical, problem solving, multi-tasking, troubleshooting, interpersonal and communication skills.
Testing Tools: Quick Test Pro (QTP) 11.0, Quality Center 11.0(ALM), Compuware CARS Workbench 4.1
Defect Tracking Tools: Fogbugz, Redmine, Cherwell service management, Silk Central issue manager
DW/SAP BI Tools: Business Objects XI R2/3.1, Designer, Web Intelligence3.1, Java Info View, DeskILanguages: SQL, Visual Basic 6.0, HTML, PL/SQL, Java
Platforms: Windows 2000/XP/Vista/Windows 7/8, MS-DOS, UNIX
Browsers: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Fire Fox, Safari, Chrome
Data Bases: Oracle 9i/8i, MS Access, Toad, SQL Server2000, 2005, DB2
Web Server: Web Sphere 5.0, IIS 5.0, Apache, Web Logic Server, Tomcat, JBOSS
Other Tools: Toad, Visio, FileZilla, XML, Soap UI, JSON
MS-Suite: MS-Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Outlook
Confidential, Westchester IL
Sr QA Consultant
- Analyzed the business requirements, module specific functionalities, identified testing conditions.
- Extensively involved in Smoke testing, Functional testing, Integration testing, Regression testing, UI testing, Mobile testing and End to end testing.
- Involved in data analysis and created required test data setup for validation of test cases of different applications.
- Written the Test Scenarios and Test Cases as per the BRD and high level design documents and Use-case diagrams.
- Updated/maintained the test scripts for regular/patch releases and executed the test scripts.
- Imported the add/drop SRF files through FileZilla and performed validations in different financial and accounting SAM True-up reports, Reconciliation reports.
- Involved in creating test summary report, requirement traceability matrix and incident issue list reports.
- Good experience in testing applications on wide range of Mobile handsets of different vendors like Nokia, Apple, Samsung, LG, iPhone, tablet.
- Utilized SOAP UI tool for web services testing.
- Ability to read the JSON file data for the validations of line item details for the transactions performed on register.
- Captured the Test Results to show the success or failure of Test Cases
- Identified the defects in the application and reproduced for issue resolution.
- Involved in the preparation of KT documents and conducted the KT meetings for offshore members.
- Reported defects through defect tracking tools like Silk Central issue manager, Cherwell service management.
- Participated in project kick off meetings, weekly project status review meetings, defect tracking meeting, Go and No go meetings and helped the project managers with project update reports.
- Coordinated with onsite and offshore team.
Environment: Manual testing, Windows 8, FileZilla, SAM, CT Central, SODA MMS,CARP, CARRR, winDSS, WMS,WUX/RAR, OMS, efollett, Skyo, MTC, .Net, SQL exec, MS SQL server 2005, DAPR, Soap UI, JSON, Silk Central Manager, Cherwell service management.
Confidential, Hoffman Estates IL
Sr QA Consultant
- Reviewed the Business Requirements and System Requirement documents, High level design documents, flow charts, UI Specs with the business team and Design team to understand the functionality of the applications.
- Participated in the Project kick off meetings, Requirement review meeting, Project status meetings and Daily defect meetings.
- Developed the Test cases, Test scenarios, executed the test cases using HP Quality Center.
- Extensively involved in System Testing, Functional Testing, and Regression Testing.
- Escalation of the defects to the defect tracking tool.
- Worked closely with developers and other staff members to form a unified team. Troubleshoot the applications and investigated the enhancement requests.
- Coordinated with the developers regarding the defects raised and retested them against the application.
- Worked as the offshore team coordinator and back-up test manager for different applications.
Environment: Manual testing, Windows 7, MS Visio, MS Office, AT&T internal DART tool, EASL data center tool, HP Quality Center 10.0, MS Office, Java, File Search tool, SQL Server 2005,Snagit.
Confidential, Naperville IL
- Involved in discussions with Business, development and user groups to familiarize with the requirements.
- Reviewed and analyzing system high level design specifications, and Business functional diagrams (BFD).
- Developed various Test Scenarios and Test Cases to cover overall requirements using Quality Center.
- Perform manual testing and created various test data to track the testing results.
- Executed the Test cases manually, validate test results, determine the defects, and reported the defects.
- Performed Functional, Regression, GUI and Usability testing.
- Participated in the Defect review meetings with the developers and the team.
- Worked closely with the application development, design and testing team to resolve technical issues and interacted with them to ensure overall quality of the software.
- Report, track, review, analyze and compare bugs using a Defect Tracking tool Redmine
Environment: Manual testing, Windows XP, Quality Center 9.2, QTP, UML,.Net, MS Visio, MS Office, Business Intelligence, Cognos, SQL Server 2005, Redmine, Sales force.
Confidential, Westmont IL
- Reviewed the Business Requirements documents (BRD) with the business team to understand the functionality of the application. Participated in requirement review and design walkthroughs.
- Extensively involved in testing manually the GUI functionality.
- Involved in writing the Smoke, System, Functional and Regression Test Cases.
- Identified and created application test cases and execution of the test cases using Quality Center.
- Prepared the requirement trace-ability (RTM) and tracked the requirements are being converted toTest cases.
- Defects were reported to developers using Quality Center and regression testing was performed on fixed defects.
- Tracked daily activities by getting updates for each task and followed up on any open issues.
- Tracked extensive IT testing issues of the whole project resulting from test execution and categorized according to severity of the problem.
- Participated in Defect review meetings with the developers to discuss on critical issues.
- Involved extensively in Black box testing, Regression, GUI testing, Ad-hoc and end-to-end testing.
- Effectively handled Requirements Changes affecting the Test Cases.
Confidential, Boston MA
- Responsible for analyzing business requirements and business rules.
- Written Test Scenarios and the Test Cases as per the Requirement documents and High level design documents.
- Created, maintained and executed the test scripts.
- Identified the testing scenarios as per business needs of the application.
- Involved in the Back-end testing by writing and executing the SQL queries using Oracle DB.
- Identified the bugs in the application and reproduced them.
- Participated and involved in weekly project status meetings, team/management meetings, performed Internal Review, Tech Reviews.
- Responsible for Black box testing, GUI, System, Regression and User Acceptance Testing.
- Participated in meetings with Developers on Change requests, Critical issues, and modifications.
- Documented the bugs and worked with developers to eliminate the issues in the application, and track and report the issues in a timely manner within the deadlines.
Environment: Manual Testing,.Net, ASP.Net, VB.Net, IIS, HTML, XML, Quality Center 9.2,Windows Vista, MS Office, Oracle DB, Toad.
Confidential, Grand Rapids MI
- Reviewed the User Requirements, Use Case and detailed Design documents to develop the Test Cases.
- Developed the Test Cases as per the business requirement Document (BRD).
- Analyzing the test conditions and developed the manual Test Scripts for new functionality test cases.
- Developed and maintained the test data, test scenarios and test cases using Compuware CARS Workbench.
- Performed the Functional testing, System testing, End to End, Positive / Negative, Boundary Value Analysis and GUI Testing of web applications on different browsers (Cross-Browser Testing).
- Tested the application in various phases of testing including system testing, UAT testing and regression testing.
- Defects were tracked, reviewed and analyzed using Fogbugz.
- Prepared status summary reports with details of execution and tested the overall functionality of the requirements.
- Involved in testing the application to make sure that the application meets the requirements.
Environment: Manual testing, Windows XP, Java, J2EE, Compuware CARS Work bench, Fogbugz, Oracle 8i, SQL, HTML, MS Office, and MS Visio.
Quality Assurance Analyst
- Involved in reviewing Business Requirements Documents and Technical Specification.
- Participated in writing test plans which detailed the testing scope, strategy, test requirements and necessary resources.
- Developed manual test scripts for System Testing and Regression Testing efforts in Quality Center.
- Monitored the various Web Objects and Hyperlinks and reported the Broken Links.
- Performed Functional Testing, GUI, Regression Testing, Ad-hoc testing.
- Participated in meetings with developers to discuss enhancements and modifications.
- Performed screen validations for all the screens of the application.
- Executed Test cases manually, validate test results, determine defects, record and report defects.
- Defects were tracked, reviewed and analyzed using Quality Center.
- Performed manual testing of the application by analyzing the requirements.
- Developed Test Cases, Test Scenarios and Test Scripts.
- Performed Black Box testing, GUI testing, Regression testing to check the functionality and user requirements.
- Utilized SQL Queries to verify data from the Oracle DB.
- Performed Web application testing for verification of Broken Links, HTML Images and HTML Content, navigation, search, scrolling and paging, performance issues.etc.
- Interacted with developers to resolve the defects. Performed Regression testing to verify that bug fixes did not break some other parts of the system.
- Performed usability testing on the screens and assured that they are user friendly based on the design specifications and user requirements.
- Created weekly status reports, including test results by dates, test summary (coverage, pass, fail), Defect Status and Defect trending.
- Extensively interacted with BA’s and Developer’s to analyze and resolve the encountered issues.
Environment: Manual testing,.Net, Microsoft Visual studio, ASP, HTML, VB.Net, VB 6.0, Oracle, Windows 2000, Microsoft Office Suite(MS Excel)
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes