- Over 6 years of experience working as Sr. QA Analyst with the ability to transform the needs of business users and stakeholders into functional/technical requirements and test them with functionality/UAT Testing.
- Efficient in delivering tasks, team player with good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Extensively used Mercury Quality Center for Requirements, Test plans, Test cases and Defect Tracking.
- Extensively worked on Business Components and Dashboard for Real - time tracking of data.
- Experience with Product Life Cycle developments followed in Agile, Waterfall and Scrum pattern.
- Proficient in management of requirement throughout the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Skilled at performing Defect Tracking, Functional Testing, Gap analysis, Risk analysis, and Cost/Benefit analysis with the working knowledge of HIPAA X12 standards for electronic data interchange.
- Extensive knowledge and work experience on the Inbound and Outbound HIPAA transaction sets with both 4010A and 5010 versions (future implementation).
- Adept at troubleshooting, tracking bugs and issue resolution skills.
- Knowledge in HIPAA Implementation. Involved in various HIPAA related projects.
- EDI Testing with good understanding of Quality Assurance Tools and Methodologies.
- Writing business requirement documents (BRDs), Test Plans, Test Cases / Scenarios, Test Strategy and Analyzing test results.
Operating Systems: UNIX, Windows 98/vista/XP/7, Macintosh
Languages: SQL, JAVA
Methodologies: RUP, CMM, UML
Tools: Specbuilder, XEngine, XEServer, Mapbuilder and TM.
Version Control Tools: PVCS, Rational Clear Quest, Quality Center.
Networking Tools: Unix, FTP, ETL - GUI Tools/Internet Programming Tools
Project Management Tools: Microsoft Office (Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Excel), Microsoft, Project, MS Visio, Microsoft Publisher, Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0.
Confidential -New York City, New York
- Work in correlation with client, development, project managers, and UAT teams and analyze requirement specification documents and preparation if Use cases.
- Involvement in GUI design and testing, performed Functional, Integration, Regression, System testing.
- Extensive knowledge about transaction sets hierarchical structure of loops, segments, elements, and qualifiers.
- Performed Validation of the EDI 837 Claim Billing (Institutional and Professional), 835 (Remittance advice or payment) claim adjudications, 27x series, 820 and 834 transactions.
- Used Mainframe system to produce File Aid version of the transactions.
- Created guides for the organization to follow best practices used to work in Quality Center.
- Logging, Bug Tracking and defect management using Quality Center 10.0 with daily team meetings to fix the defects.
- Prepared daily execution reports and produced reports using Dashboard in QC as well.
- Setup trading partner configuration on the portal for BizTalk Server to process the production data.
- Use BizTalk to get output X12 transactions and analyze TA1, 999, 277CA acknowledgements.
- Validating 270 and 271 messages (Coverage Verification).
- Strong knowledge of EDI formats and HIPAA 4010 to HIPAA 5010 changes to these formats.
- Created Test Plans and Test Cases for HIPAA 5010 standards.
- Performed Gap Analysis between 4010 and 5010 version of transaction sets 837I/P/D, 270/271,276/277
- Involved in the inbound and outbound workflow of transactions after performing automated tests on the data.
- Created Test Plans and Test Cases for HIPAA 5010 standards.
- Preparation of Testimonials Test Plan base BRD and Use cases, Test Scenarios, Test Cases, Test Matrics, Test Summary Report
- Performed cross browser functionality testing on multiple versions of IE/NN/Firefox.
- Work with development team to setup test environment and coordinate the deployment of code to QA environment.
- Attended daily meetings to discuss progress of the project, documentation of testing procedure and reporting bugs.
- Interacted with application users for execution of test cases in User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and production releases.
ENVIRONMENT: Edifecs Specbuilder 7.2, Quality Center 10.0, Mainframe systems, Edifecs Transaction Data Management tool, MS Office Tools (Office, Excel, Access, Visio), UltraEdit. Sharepoint, BizTalk Server, TOAD, SQL Navigator.
Sr. QA Analyst
- Worked with business users and technical team and involved in creating Trading Partners using Edifecs Transaction Management for various Partner.
- Created custom edits and validation rules for HIPAA-270/271 transactions on Edifecs SpecBuilder.
- Responsible for preparing business requirement documents (BRDs) and system requirements.
- Worked as an interface between the users and technical team to coordinate the system changes that should be implemented for each system release.
- Performed Gap analysis for migration of 270/271 HIPAA transactions from .
- Performed web-based Testing using Quality Center.
- Integrated Quality Center with other Testing tools for better analysis of data and easy-to-use ability.
- Involved in testing all HIPAA transactions in the End-End that involves multi version support (4010 and 5010) and validating the database to file elements and vice versa.
- Involved in testing all HIPAA transactions to support both EDI X12 4010 version and EDI X12 5010 version, and validating the database to file elements.
- Used Rational Clear Quest for Defect Tracking and change management of the defects.
- Performed Functional Testing to check the quality of software using Rational Clear Quest.
- Performed database testing for data integrity and checking data validation
- Used MS-Office and SQL Queries for data handling.
- Used Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 as a centralized tool for task division of the Project tasks and activities are tracked via CRM.
ENVIRONMENT: Edifecs, SpecBuilder 6.1, Edifecs TM, Rational Clear Quest, Quality Center, UNIX, MS Office Tools (Office, Excel, Access, Visio), Java, UltraEdit. Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0.
Confidential, Lincoln, NE
Sr. QA Analyst/Tester
- Work as an interface between the stakeholders and the technical team to determine the project scope that defined all the key challenges, risks and project deliverables.
- Prepared all the business requirement documents, and ensured that proper documentation and standards were followed.
- Analyzed the existing 4010 transactions, performed Gap Analysis and documented the BRD and FRD for 5010 ANSI X12 835 and 837 set of transactions.
- Developed test cases and completed the entire System Testing of the Provider Enrollment Screen for NPI Implementation, prioritized the defects and rose to the Mainframe developer. Defect tracking was done using MS Excel.
- Assisted in modeling and documenting the end-user’s “As-is” workflow and “To-be” business processes using Microsoft Visio.
- Generated requirements through JAD sessions, discussions and one-on-one interviews with stakeholders.
- Open to the tools like MS Visio and UML for generating class object, component, deploying, use-case, sequence, collaboration, state, and activity diagrams.
- Performed detailed research about the project scope with the project requirements and specifications to provide estimates on effort and duration of test assignments.
- Independently wrote and executed test cases utilizing standard test methods and tools and recorded and tracked defects using Rational Clear Quest.
- Discussed about the business requirements at every step with the business team after analyzing the FACETS data.
- Working knowledge of the data mode, data fields of the FACETS system, FACETS tables such as Provider, Contract, Benefit, Claim details and Member.
- Interacted frequently with the team regarding the status, issues and risks of the project.
- Carried out User Acceptance Testing (UAT), to document the changes or enhancements required gathered after interacting with the end users and collecting their feedback.
Confidential, Chicago, IL
- Worked on ANSI X12 standards and ensured that EDI process is HIPAA complaint.
- Collected and documented customer requirements and analyzed the functional requirements specification to understand business rules of application.
- Used HIPAA compliance for transactions 837I/P/D and 276/277 to identify different situations based on the business requirements.
- Designed operational and technical flows using MS Visio.
- Used RUP methodology, UML notations to analyze and interpret business requirements into system specifications.
- Recognized the functionality of the application and all its aspects through business architecture documents.
- Designed requirement traceability matrix, test scenarios, test cases, and test scripts.
- Wrote Test cases and Test scripts for functional testing using Quality Center.
- Used SQL queries for database testing.
- Used SQL queries to filter data within the database tablets.
- Provided Support services for Centers for Medicare and Medicaid services (CMS).
- Maintained database and email system using Quality Center.
- Performed Data mapping, logical data modeling.
- Involved in Data selection for testing the EDI Load Process: backend process for loading and processing the data received through EDI and manual process as per Business Rules.
- SQL queries used to participate in testing on SQL Server tables for data integrity assurance.
- Supported the technical team and managers throughout the testing phase using User Acceptance testing (UAT).
- Facilitated and co-coordinated all User Acceptance Testing activities.
- Prepared the detailed requirements associated with the Edifecs solution as part of the HealthNet implementation.
- The implementation of Step-up and Step-down process flows for 837 (Professional and Institutional), 835 and 834 Transactions of versions 4010A1.
- Ensured validity of inbound and outbound transactions against HIPAA 4010A Errata Version of standards, external code sets and custom edits.
- Performed Testing on a separate machine using designated time using Quality Center in a client-server environement.
- Ensured that Edifecs solution generated the required TA1, 999 & 277CA acknowledgments as needed.
- Ensured that the Edifecs solution allowed the users to search for transactions, display transactions in both native EDI and business views to facilitate transaction review. And provide one generic Trading Partner/Relationship.
- Used APIs by Testing Application to update database using Quality Center and prepared test plans, based on the requirements.
- Performed Defect Tracking and functional testing using Rational Clear Quest testing product.
- For results good files were created from incoming transmission post validation and generated acknowledgment - either the negative TA1 or the 999 and 277CA Generated 4010A1 file.
- Provided the ability to add, edit and remove Partner profiles that don’t have Trade Relationships established.
- Provided the ability to deactivate a Partner with all its Trade Relationships. Provide also the ability to activate the Partner back.
- Provided ability to collect and store Interchange and Functional Group identifiers for all Partners.
- Provided the capabilities for community administrators to edit partner Business Roles, Identifier definitions, Custom Field definitions so that they can be customized in the future to suit future needs.
ENVIRONMENT: Edifecs, SpecBuilder 6.1, Edifecs TMUNIX, MS Office Tools (Office, Excel, Access, Visio), Rational Clear Quest.