- As a QA Analyst / Test Engineer with over 6 years of experience in all phases of software lifecycle, developing Test Cases, Test Plan and Automation test scripts using HP (Mercury) Quick Test Professional (QTP) and performance testing in HP Load Runner in Windows and Web based applications.
- Good experience in Ecommerce, Banking, Financial, Cruise, Insurance, Retail, Educational sectors with strong Business and Functional knowledge.
- Comfortable with QA focus shifts that range from: UI or XML Validation, DB, Mobile Device, iPad, Desktop. Open for traveling
- 6 years of experience in the field of information technology with the emphasis on Software Quality Assurance.
- Expertise in analyzing Business Requirements, Technical Requirements, and High Level Design Documents.
- Experienced in performing Exploratory, Functional, Integration, System, Regression, Security, Smoke, Sanity, Negative, Cross - Browser, Data-Driven, Mobile, Performance, Mainframe and User Acceptance Testing (UAT)
- Expertise in writing, maintaining and Executing Test plans, Test procedures, Test Results and generating software defect reports for the developers.
- Experienced in testing applications on Hospitality, Insurance, Retail, Educational and Financial domains.
- Experienced in testing Web Based and Desktop Applications.
- Comfortable working with Java, UNIX, XML, File Net, Siebel, SQL, applications
- Strong experience in working with Windows 2000/XP/7 and Unix environments.
- Experienced in various software developments life cycle (SDLC) methodologies like Waterfall, Spiral, Scrum, Agile.
- Strong Knowledge on the Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC).
- Experience with Test Automation, Test Management and Defect tracking tools.
- Strong knowledge of Business Rules testing
- Good knowledge of in Structured Query Language (SQL).
- Extensive testing experience using testing tools such as Quick Test Pro, Quality Center, Bugzilla, Rational Clear Quest, ALM,Test Manager
- Experienced in using Quick Test Pro (QTP) for automating Web based applications.
- Excellent understanding of Testing Strategies and QA Technologies.
- Extensively used Quality Center, Test Manager, TFS for requirements tracking, defect tracking, results and status reporting.
- Experienced in Back-end testing using SQL/PL/SQL Statements in Oracle, SQL Server and DB2 databases.
- Experience in preparation of Test Data and Managing data requests.
- Active Participation in Daily and weekly status update meetings.
- Flexible and versatile to adapt to new environment and ability to work under pressure.
- Experienced working as business analyst (BA)
- Ability to focus on deadlines and deliverables
Operating Systems: Windows 2000/2003/XP/Vista/7, MS-DOS, UNIX (HP-UX, Sun Solaris) and Linux, Mac
Testing Tools: Quick Test Professional (QTP), Load Runner, Quality Center, IBM (Rational) Test Manager, Visual Studio 2013, Rational Clear Quest, Rational Team concert 2.0, Qterm, ALM 12.21, SAP
Programming languages: Visual Basic (VB), HTML, XML, C, C++, C#, Java 1.0/2.0, J2EE, VB.NET, ASP.NET, SQL, PL/SQL
Scripting Languages: UNIX shell script, Java script, VBScript
App / Web servers/other tools: HTML, XML, SAP, Data warehouse, Web Logic 4.5, Web Sphere 3.5/6.1, IIS Server, Win32, SQL, Toad, Microsoft Office Suite, SOAP
Office Tools: MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access, Outlook
Data Warehouse tools: FTP, Informatica, Teradata, ETL
Software Database: MS SQL Server, MySQL, Oracle, MS Access, DB2
Lead SAP QA Tester
- Functional responsibilities included performingIntegration testing(SAP Portal to SAP GUI), and Regression Testing
- Login to ALM, retrieved the data from Test Lab, and tested manually in SAP Portal
- Involved in testing User Exits for Business Trips, Delivery, Return Orders, Billing, Report Generation, Budget Calculation
- Involved in testing various Inbound and Outbound IDOC
- Tested the posting in FI module for Account Receivables and Account Payables in Finance module.
Confidential, Miami, FL
- Involved in the business processes and functional requirements; collaborated with the business in the definition of the Test Strategy (goals, procedures, conditions)
- Documented existing processes and functionality of new components, analyzed and defined testing requirements (regression, integration, functional, sanity, smoke, mainframe, system, UAT)
- Collaborated with members of the core implementation team on the definition and design of the Test Procedure
- Documented test scripts in Excel and exported them to Visual Studio TFS 2013
- Conducted manual testing and assisted business and technical teams during verification phase
- Performed mobile testing on Android and iOS platforms
- Executed several performance test scenarios using LoadRunner and analyzed results
- Documented test results and involved in defect management process throughout entire release cycle and in production support
- Wrote SQL statements to perform data validation
- Ensured adherence to project management process, systems development methodology and quality standards for producing project deliverables.
- Prepared status reports, test plans, and closely worked with Automation team on writing test scripts and choosing scripts for automation
- Tested API flow using XML requests and responses
- Participated in Scrum meetings, sprint planning, and review
Confidential, Dover, NH
- Developed Test Plan and Test cases based on the user stories (Functional requirements) using the Mercury Quality Center.
- Uploaded Business requirements, test scenarios, test cases and defects to Quality Center
- Designed and executed Manual / Automated test cases.
- Presented test cases to business for peer review and ensure completeness.
- Provided the Test status reports, Testing activities and documented issues to the QA Test lead and QA manager.
- Involved in the Regression Testing by usingQTPafter each modification and enhancement.
- Used Data Driven Testing to check the behavior of application with different inputs as parameters using QTP.
- Used Synchronization Points in QTP to take care of the timing problems between QTP and Application under Test
- Created different kinds of checkpoints like standard, text, and database to check the functionality of the application.
- Used Actions and Re-usable Actions in Quick Test Professional, for designing the Automation test scripts
- Created Functions using VB scripting and implemented Shared Object Repository to work with multi-action tests.
- Designed and executed scenarios for performance testing.
- Performed defect logging and tracking using the HP Quality center and Bugzilla
- Documented the raised defects and followed up with development team for defect fixes.
- Involved in Functional testing of the web-based application
- Responsible for writing SQL queries for accessing data from the MySQL database
- Involved in ETL testing, executed SQL queries to validate the data in target database and familiarity with fact tables, dimension tables, star schema and snow flake schema.
- Participated in RTM/TC’s Walkthroughs and defect report meetings periodically
- Coordinated with UAT team by providing them with test cases and test data.
- Involved in End to End testing of business rules on the Web based application
- Involved in complete QA Life Cycle.
Environment: HP Quality Center 10.0, Quick Test Pro 10.0, JAVA, J2EE 5.0, Web Sphere 7.0, WSDL, Linux 5.0, UNIX, XML, VB Script, DB2, TSO. Siebel CRM, ETL Tool Informatica, Java/J2EE, Rally, Quality Center, OBIEE Reporting tool, Web Logic application server, MS Office, Oracle, TOAD
Confidential, Portland, ME
- Reviewed the Use case and Business requirement documents (BRD) for Functional, Integration and Regression Testing..
- Involved in the creation of detailed Test plan, Test Scenarios and Test cases according to the business requirements.
- Developed Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM) to track business requirements during the QA Testing Phase.
- Extensively worked with Quality Center to manage the entire testing process (Planning Tests, Executing Test cases, Defect Tracking).
- Converted manual test scripts to automated test scripts in Quick Test Professional, enhanced the scripts by adding user-defined functions. Automated test scenarios for GUI, Functionality, Integration, Boundary, Security and Regression Testing using Quick Test Professional
- Created parameterization tests by importing data from excel files and data tables in QTP.
- Used Smart Identification Mechanism for Dynamically Identifying the objects and Regular Expression for strings using QTP.
- Developed Visual Basic scripts for automating the Regression Testing using QTP
- Worked on HP LoadRunner to develop Performance scripts using VUGen, create and execute test scenarios in Controller, and analyze results using Analysis component of LoadRunner.
- Designed, configured and monitored scenarios for stress/performance testing.
- Executed the UNIX commands to know the Backend Batch Jobs Status.
- Extensively interacted with the Developers, Database designers and Business Team to resolve the defects.
- Involved in web services testing using SOAPUI.
- Attended daily and weekly Defect Status meetings.
Environment: HP Quick Test Pro 9.2, HP Quality Center 9.0, JAVA, J2EE, Pega PRPC 5.4, CTI, Oracle 10g, Web Sphere 7.0,,WSDL, UNIX/Linux, XML,, VB Script, AJAX, Toad 9.7.2, VB.NET, LoadRunner, Windows 2003, SQL Server, GUI: Java Script, HTML
Confidential, Jacksonville, FL
Online instructor, QA Analyst
- Used Agile methodology and attended Scrum meetings.
- Reviewed Business/functional requirements and Technical specification of the application.
- Participated in Business Analysis, Requirement analysis and Use-Case analysis.
- Performed GUI, Functional testing, Integration and System testing on the application.
- Created Test plans, Test Scenarios and Test cases
- Used Test Plan and Test Lab modules in Quality center for the creation and Execution of Test cases.
- Participated in QA team meetings for weekly QA testing reviews.
- Wrote SQL statements to perform data validation, analyzed sets of data extracts for data integrity and to ensure proper restoring of data.
- Performed Backend testing by executing SQL/PLSQL Queries using TOAD.
- Used SOAP UI for web service testing.
- Involved in logging and tracking defects in Clear Quest (defect management tool) with proper severity and priority.
- Coordinated with business analyst and business users in User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
Environment: Windows XP, MS Excel, MS Office, Quality Center, SQL, Toad, Rational Clear Quest, LoadRunner