- 7 years of experience in Quality Assurance and implementing the QA methodologies, Analysis, Testing and Implementing Manual and Automation test for Client/server and Web based applications.
- Experience in all phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Adept Confidential manual and automation testing in Client - Server and Web based applications.
- Reviewing Business Requirement Documents (BRD) and Functional Requirement Documents (FRD) in creating Test Plans and formulate Test Strategies.
- Understanding User Stories and creating test cases
- Extensive experience in Issue tracking and reporting using tools like JIRA, Clear Quest, Bugzilla and Quality Center.
- Experience in different verification processes like walkthrough’s, check lists, meetings and different validation techniques and SQA processes.
- Expertise in Agile methodology with Scrum Process for the product development.
- Proficient in analyzing Business/ System Requirements documents and Use Cases.
- Expertise in preparing/maintaining Requirement Traceability Matrix.
- Expertise in preparing Test Strategy, Test Plan, Test Summary Reports, Test Cases, Test Scenarios and Test Scripts for Automated and Manual testing based on the User Requirement Document and System Requirement documents for the Functional, System, Performance, Integration, Regression, GUI, UAT, Security, Load, Database
- Excellent Expertise in Formulation very complex SQL queries and PL/SQL
- Experienced in back-end testing using SQL queries, generating reports to ensure Data Integrity and validate business rules.
- Development and Testing experience in Java and thorough understanding of OOP concept
- Extensive experience in designing and executing test cases for GUI testing, Functionality, Regression and Integration Testing.
- Proficient in Functional, Integration, User Acceptance (UAT), Security Testing
- Understanding of QA testing methodologies and QA life cycle, black box, functional and customer oriented testing.
- Excellent Communication, Interpersonal and Leadership skills. Self-motivated, quick learner and a team player.
- Good Communication, Interpersonal skills and strong Team player with proficiency Confidential time management, multitasking, able to meet deadlines and handle changing priorities.
- Experience in Data Migration Testing
- Experience in Automobile Insurance Domain with GuideWire PolicyCenter
Operating Systems: Microsoft Windows (XP and Windows 7), UNIX, Mac OS X
Testing and Tracking Tools: Quick Test Professional, Quality Center, Selenium WebDriver
Databases: SQL Server 2008, Oracle 10g/11g
Modeling tools: MS Visio
Other Tools: Toad, MS Visio, XML Spy,Eclipse,Putty,WinSCP
Confidential, Madison WI
- Analyzed the Business Requirements Document, created the test plan and prepared detailed test cases for new Functionality
- Used Agile methodology (Scrum, Bug Scrub) to ensure the new features meet the customer requirements and acceptable quality assurance standards
- Participated in the meetings, prepared reports and other supportive documentation to contribute to establishment of standards and procedures for software testing
- Developed Manual test scripts for different test scenarios covering all aspects of project functionality using Mercury Quality Center, and JIRA Defect Management
- Created and executed manual test cases using Quality Center and reviewed test cases developed by other testers
- Involved in performing GUI, Functional, System and Regression Testing
- Performed Root Cause Analysis for all the assigned issues for existing functionality such as (Corrupted Data, Code Error)
- Executed the test cases, recorded the results and documented defects, questionable functions, as well as inconsistencies in software program functions, outputs, online screens and content
- In the regression phase, the project was automated using Selenium. I was responsible for developing a dynamic framework which could automate all the test cases.
- Hybrid framework with Selenium was developed and generic keywords were implemented.
- Used Maven to build and run the Selenium automation framework. Once the script got over, framework used to send the automation reports over email
- Certain portion of the project involved Flex designs. Flex application testing was also carried out using Selenium.
- Created and updated test scenarios, test plans, and test cases according to use case and design
- Participated in system walkthrough and inspection meetings to understand the business rules and system operation flows
- Executed test cases using both manual processes and automated test tools
- Wrote SQL Query to extract data from various database tables for testing purpose
- Validated tests by crosschecking data in backend on SQL server using SQL Queries
- Identified and documented defects using JIRA to ensure applications functionality
- Created test plan, designed and executed test cases manually and verified actual results against expected results
- Identified and tracked defects, generated bug reports and submitted test report
- Assisted client implement User Acceptance Test (UAT) including creating Test Plan, generating test data, designing test cases, preparing test environment and executing test
- Worked closely with users and program developers to ensure application development meets with the user expectations
Environment: Java, J2EE, XML, Atlassian JIRA, Eclipse, Maven, Selenium WebDriver, Windows XP, MS Office 2007 Suite, MS Visio, Oracle Database, JDBC, GuideWire PolicyCenter, BillingCenter
- Attending requirement reviews and understanding the requirements.
- End to end call flow testing of different modules involved in Interactive Voice Response system
- Design and execute the Test Plans and Test cases using User Stories/Business requirements. Performed Sprint level testing, Functional, Systems Integration Testing and Regression Testing.
- Going through the peer review process to identify static defects.
- Good Experience in Agile methodology with SCRUM Process for the product development.
- Prepared and provided status summary reports to the management on system status, system changes, problems and potential impacts.
- Preparing System test Plan
- Preparing System test Cases (Functional, Negative, Boundary, GUI, Interface, Regression, Database saving) Using HP Quality Center
- Reviewing Test Cases of other Team members
- Used Empirix Hammer tool for generating test calls and verifying call routing
- Experience in coordinating testing effort, responsible for test deliverables, status reporting to management, issue escalations.
- Created test data using HP Quick Test Professional
- Scheduling Peer review, to review the work products created during the Project life cycle.
- Verifying the ST entry criteria before starting the project
- Test case execution
- Run SQL queries to check Database transaction.
- Used UNIX commands to check the live logs and archived logs
- Finding the work around in order to progress with testing by manipulating data in database
- Generate Operations for the given WSDL and Endpoint. Setup Filters and Assertions for web service and web testing to capture and validate the response. Create test steps to validate WSDL definition.
- Conducted Walkthrough of the Test Plans and Test Case specifications with the Design and Development team and Business analysts.
- Logging defects found using HP Quality center tool
- Tracking the defects till closure.
- Worked closely with development team to discuss and priorities the defect fix.
- Involved in status reporting, project meetings and project planning with team, modification of reports and preparation of schedules for meeting and the deadlines.
- Verifying the Exit criteria of the project
- Supporting the post System testing phases like Integrates system testing, UAT (User acceptance testing)
- Participating daily scrum stand-up, defect call and project status meetings.
- Maintained Test Logs, Test Summary reports and participated in defect review / Status / GO-NOGO Meetings.
Environment: Java, J2EE, SQL Server 2008, XML, HP Quality Center 10.0, QTP 11.0, Windows XP, Business Intelligence, TOAD,SOAP UI,MS Office
- Analyzed the System Requirements, Functional requirements and Business Requirement Documents.
- Involved in the development and implementation of Test plans, Test cases, Test data and Test scripts according to requirements in the Use Case and Requirement documentation and Test execution on both Test Environment as well Production Environment.
- Created Test Cases by analyzing test requirements for acceptance, functional, integration and system testing.
- Attended meetings with Business Users, Business Analysts, and Developers.
- Involved in Estimation of the Testing efforts based on the duration and Risk Areas of the project.
- Performed Manual testing extensively using Positive and as well as negative scenarios.
- Designed and developed test scenarios (Use Cases) as per the requirements in Quality Center.
- Responsible for doing coverage analysis / gap analysis for the given functionality.
- Executed test cases, logged defects, retested and closed the defects after dev fix.
- Used Quality Center for writing, executing test cases and managing defects.
- Reviewed business and functional specification requirement documents.
- Coordinated business units within the group for development and integration of new modules.
- Performed Integration testing in co-ordination with developers.
- Analyzed and tested applications for compliance with HL7 and EDI transaction formats
- Involved in Back-End testing for Oracle as a part of Parallel Test and written SQL queries to extract and validate the data.
- Executed SQL queries to validate the Data tables, which hold the customer information using TOAD Tool.
- Performed Manual testing extensively using Positive and as well as negative scenarios.
- Developed Test scripts on application using QTP to perform Regression and Functional testing.
- Identified defects, bottlenecks, data errors and integration problems and have done regression testing using QTP to enhance the performance before application launch.
- Used HP Quality Center 10.0 to manage defects and link them to test cases.
- Used agile methodology in order to expedite the communication of frequent changes in the application.
- Maintained Traceability Matrix to ensure all conditions are covered in the Test Cases.
- Worked on verification of HL7 messages (A, P and M messages)
Environment: SQL Server 2008, Quality Center 9.0, QTP 9.0, Office Suite, J2SE1.5, JDBC, Java Beans, EJB, JSP, Java Script, Ajax, Eclipse, HTML, CSS, XML