- Around 8 years of experience in the Information Technology Industry, extended expertise in QA and Automated Software Testing.
- Extensive knowledge in analyzing requirements, writing and executing test plans, designing test cases and procedures, preparing test data, setting up test environment, creating defect documentation, requirement traceability matrix and test summary reports.
- Good in Selenium automation using Selenium WebDriver, Selenium Grid, TestNG framework and Maven.
- Performed Manual and Automated testing using HP Mercury tool like Quality Center.
- Experience in Manual testing and also writing test cases by gathering documentation from the required specification from client.
- Expertise in entire QA Life Cycle Process, which includes design and development of Testing Methodology, Test Strategy, Test Scenarios, Test Plans and Test Cases.
- Expertise in providing guidelines and standard templates for the design and development of Test Plans and Test Cases.
- Experience in manual testing using user interface and proficient in Black Box Testing, Regression Testing, User acceptance Testing and experience in Bug Tracking.
- Sound knowledge on database with SQL Server and on writing complex SQL Queries.
- Expertise in WEB based Application Testing which includes Functional Testing, Regression Testing, UAT, and GUI Testing.
- Expertise in tracking the Defects and log them on Quality Centre, JIRA.
- Good programming experience with Core Java.
- Running Feature Testing and conducting Unit test for automating the regression and tested Web - Services both SOAP/REST using SOAP UI.
- Experience in various aspects of (SDLC) Software Development Life Cycle and Agile/Scrum and Water fall SDLC Process.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills with the ability to collaborate and interact confidently with multifunctional teams that include programmers, project management, Systems Analysts, Business Process Engineers, and staff at all levels.
Testing tools: Selenium WebDriver, HP Quality Centre /ALM, TestNG, JIRA, SOAP UI, Eclipse, Selenium IDE.
Web Technologies: HTML, CSS, XML,XPATH.
Languages: C, Java, SQL,VB Scripting
Project Management: Microsoft Project, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel), Microsoft PowerPoint, MS Access, Agile & Waterfall
Browsers: Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome & Safari
Operating Systems: Windows XP, 7, 8 & server 2003, UNIX
Mobile Manual Testing: Android, iOS.
Approach: Waterfall, Agile/Scrum, SDLC, STLC
Defect Reporting Tools: Bugzilla, JIRA
Databases: Oracle 11.0, SQL Server 2000
Utilities: Eclipse, Firebug, Chropath
Confidential, Dallas TX
QA Automation Engineer
- Responsible for resolving complex automation issues using suitable Java code.
- Open source tools such as Selenium, Junit, JMeter, Appium are being used for test automations.
- Using Selenium WebDriver, Java, TestNG for designing automation test cases.
- Have been using Selenium Grid to execute several test cases on different browsers and platforms.
- Designing and implementing Selenium WebDriver automation framework for Smoke and Regression test suites using TestNG.
- Designing test cases for manual and automation testing, developed and maintained checklists for regression using Perl / automation.
- Using SOAP/REST services using SOAP UI to test the services.
- Involving in Web Services Testing using SOAPUI with REST to create and execute automated functional, regression tests.
- Performing manual testing in physical devices emulator and IOS simulator.
- Extensively involving in testing the application manually for the Functional and Systems Integration test efforts.
- Designing and implementing basic/complex SQL queries for backend testing.
- Involving in Database Testing by writing and executing SQL queries to ensure that data entered has been uploaded correctly into the database.
- Scrum (Agile) methodology is being performed in order to perform tests on applications.
- Coordinating with developers and record defects in JIRA to track until they are resolved.
- Expertise in testing the web application using Selenium (Data-Driven. XPath locator) and WebDriver.
- Involving in integrating the test suites to Jenkins to execute them automatically after every successful deployment.
- Involving in implementation of Test Automation Framework build using Selenium WebDriver, Protractor to handle TestNG and Maven technologies under Java platform utilizing industry leading harness design patterns and approaches.
- Locating elements was done by using Firepath, Firebug and XPath tools.
- Using Eclipse, IDE and TestNG frameworks test codes are being developed in Java language.
- Participating in design walkthrough and review meetings while interacting with customers.
Environment: Selenium WebDriver, Jenkins, Perl, Cucumber, SOAP UI, FirePath, Firebug, Eclipse, TestNG, Perfecto, JIRA, SQL, XPATH, Java, SVN, Junit, JMeter, Maven.
Confidential, Denver co
Sr. QA Tester
- Generated Automation test scripts modify scripts to do regression test.
- Developed manual test cases and executed it.
- Involved in developing Manual/Functional test conditions and scripts based on the requirement.
- Manually perform Functional testing that includes Security, System testing, Smoke testing and Back-end testing.
- Participated in performing End to End functional testing for Web-Based Applications.
- Experienced in Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Defect life cycle management and different methodologies like Waterfall.
- Regression testing suites were built and executed using QTP.
- Involved in team of User acceptance testing (UAT).
- UsedQuality Centre(QC)for Test Managing, scheduling, defect logging, tracking and analysis
- Reviewed database test cases according to assigned Requirements to validate reports by retrieving data with complex SQL queries from SQL Server.
- Performed Functional and Regression testing on different configurations.
- Derive testable conditions out of general Business requirements.
- Generating Test Log documents and analyzing obtained Test Results.
- Reporting status of testing progress, issues to team lead on a weekly basis.
- Participate in daily stand up meetings and weekly meetings.
Environment: QTP 9.2, Microsoft Office tools, Windows 2000, JAVA, UAT, Quality Centre, SQL, SDLC
QA Automation Tester
- Understanding the software requirements specification
- Providing Estimates
- Prepared Requirement Traceability Matrix to ensure full coverage of business requirements and update in timely manner to ensure requirements change is covered in full
- Understanding the requirements of customer and preparing Test Scenarios, Test Cases and Test Data covering all requirements
- Involved in various types of testing like Validation, UI & Usability, Functionality, Acceptance testing and Database testing.
- Bug reporting and bug validation
- Retesting the fixes by using retesting and regression testing methods.
- Smoke Testing, Functional testing, Regression Testing & User Interface testing for new releases and builds and documenting Test Results Tracking, updating and publishing the Defect Status Report, Test Summary Report and Test Status Report throughout testing phase Coordinating with the development and product design team for the issues found in regression testing, defect validation and enhancements
- Involved in daily status meeting with teammates and test lead.
- On-site coordination with business and clients
- Validated the data (basic, contact and login information) provided by user during registration process. This data can be seen in ‘MyAccount’ module of the application, once user has finished the registration process and the user should be able to edit these details whenever required.
- Validated the results displayed in backend (database) are same as entered/displayed in the frontend application. This is the place, where we used the Microsoft SQL server to query the database and validate the correctness of entries.
- Validating the health reports based on the inputs provided by the user/policy holder in the Personal Health Assessment survey.
- Validated two-way communications (using AA HQ /WWAC) between the user (policy holder) and the coach (health expert) in message center/portal inbox.
- Fulfilled the customer/client requests to generate reports that included, building complex queries involving joining multiple database tables and result-sets.
- Pioneered in writing complex queries, making maximum utilization of the available indexes thereby reducing the query run time.
Confidential, charlotte nc
- Created Test plans and Test cases based on business and functional requirements.
- Interacted with business and development teams for requirements and test scenarios reviews.
- Designed, executed and maintained Selenium Web Driver, Test NG, automated test cases for regression test cases.
- Participated in Smoke testing the functional use cases during production deployments.
- Conducted White box and Black Box testing to strategize new projects requirements for functional behavior and performance
- Created test cases and executed these test cases to test the module functionality using test functions
- Facilitated the implementation of a Quality System which complies with FDA and other international regulatory guidelines.
- Developed and implemented software development lifecycle (SDLC) policies, procedures, and validation test scripts according to the client's standards.
- Performed regression tests on various modified functionality.
- Developed test scenarios for Integration and Regression testing across system releases.
- Executed Test cases and participated actively in System Testing and Regression Testing of the application.
- Performed backend testing of database by writingSQLqueries for both internal & external data interfaces.
- Used SOAP UI to test Web Services using WSDL file given by development team.
- Used Quality Center for defect reporting and tracking, and generated documents and reports for further analysis.
- Defect reporting and re-testing the software as the defects are fixed.
- Report assessment findings and recommend remediation strategies for compliance gaps.
- Developed status reports to communicate the testing progress.
- Provided guidance to business for User Acceptance test scenario specifics based on executed Integration test cases.
- Involved in Manual Testing to develop test cases, test scripts and record bugs.
- Involved in Functional, Regression Testing of CARE and Access Online applications.
- Wrote test plans, which detailed the testing scope, strategy, test requirements, and necessary resources.
- Wrote and documented test cases based on corresponding business /user requirements documents & technical specification and other operating conditions.
- Closely worked with respective personnel to nail down bugs.
- Tested the whole program as well as specialized in several input applications.
- Conducted Black Box Testing for the Application.
- Opened defects and tracked them in Quality Center.
- Extensively used SQL for backend testing.
- Attending meetings, and documented User Change requests.
- Analyzed user change requirements and made necessary amendments to the test requirements.
- Performed Regression testing for GIS module.
- Created reports that included general overview, open bugs, new bugs, and enhancement requests. Entered new bugs and maintained the status of those bugs.