- Graduate in Engineering with 10+ years of experience in Software Quality Assurance of both Manual and Automation Testing of Web Applications, Mobile and Client/Server applications.
- Experience in all stages of the Software Development Life Cycle and Software Test Life Cycle in all dimensions of Functionality, Usability & Reliability.
- Experience in both Waterfall and Agile project environment.
- Extensive experience in writing Test Plan, Test Cases, Test Scenarios, Test Scripts and Test reports of manual and automated tests.
- Well driven in preparing test data for positive and negative Testing and identified critical bugs in the product early in the test execution cycle
- Extensive experience of Black Box, System, Regression, Integration, Functionality and GUI Testing
- Expertise in writing Automation scripts in Selenium using Java programming language.
- Proficient in writing detailed & well - organized Requirements & Test Cases using HP Quality Center (QC), reporting Defects and raising any issues to the team lead, QA manager and project manager.
- Good knowledge of Visual Studio, Team Foundation Server (TFS) and Microsoft Test Manage (MTM).
- Proficient in the testing database of applications developed with SQL Server, Oracle, and MS Access.
- Sound knowledge on TestNG framework for Unit Testing, Maven and Ant for Project building tool, Jenkins for Continuous Integration.
- Worked within development teams with BDD approach to develop Web UI tests using Cucumber, Gherkin and Selenium Web driver.
- Expertise in functional testing using Selenium IDE and Selenium WebDriver with TestNG testing framework.
- Good experience in Web Services testing using SOAP UI, XML and WSDL and in providing required input data to request XML & get the required data from response XML & use the response data from other request XML using SOAP UI.
- Used SOAP UI tool to test SOAP web services and REST API.
- Experienced in providing the efficient locator's strategy like XPath and CSS to run WebDriver script in stable condition.
- Extensive experience in reviewing and analyzing Business Requirements and creating Test Plans, Test Cases, Test Scripts, Test Estimation & Requirement Traceability Matrix.
- Experience with Mobile Automation using Appium automation framework and WebDriver.
- Working experience with defect tracking tools like Bugzilla, Jira and Quality Center (QC)
- Experience in writing SQL Procedures and Triggers in SQL Server, Oracle and MySQL
- Good analytical and communication skills and ability to work independently with minimal supervision and perform as part of a team.
Programming Languages: Java, SQL, XML, Python, HTML
Testing Tools: Selenium Web driver, Cucumber Testing, Appium, Robot framework
Framework: Junit, TestNG, TDD BDD, Data driven.
Defect Tracking tools: Jira and HP ALM QC
Operation System and IDE: Windows OS, Eclipse, Linux, MAC
Project Building tool: Maven
Continuous Integration: Jenkins (With Cucumber report plugin)
Methodologies: Agile, Waterfall
Repository System: Git
Sr Quality Assurance/Automation tester
Confidential - Irving, TX
- Analyzed business requirements, Functional Specifications and Use Cases, prepared Test Strategy and Test plan.
- Experience in testing Functional, Integration, System, Regression, Performance, Exploratory testing
- Configured Selenium Web Driver, Test NG, Maven tool, Appium and created selenium automation scripts in java using Test NG prior to agile release.
- Worked on developing the automation scripts using BDD
- Developed Automation scripts for new enhancements using Selenium Web driver, Appium and Test NG.
- Created all Test Plans, Test Cases and Manual and Automated Scripts to create greater coverage for all initiatives assigned
- Worked with the development team to ensure that the testing issues are resolved and coordinated defect resolution
- SQL Queries to retrieve the data from various Tables and to test the database.
- Expertise in setting up and carrying out browser compatibility testing environment with different browsers and versions of Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google chrome on different OS like Windows and Mac.
- Performed Regression testing on new builds using Selenium Web Driver and using POM framework.
- Reviewed Manual Testing methods and developed and executed Automated scripts for each module
- Involved in manual testing was done to perform functional testing on the User interface.
- Used complex SQL Queries to perform back-end data base testing
- Developed, Reviewed and Distributed the Testing Release Notes with Customers and the Management.
- Identified mobile elements using Appium Inspector, UI Automator Viewer
- Used Maven as the build tool, Git for version control, Jenkins for Continuous integration and Jira as a defect tracking tool.
- Conducted Black box testing, Smoke testing, Data driven testing, Positive & Negative testing, System testing, Regression testing, End to End testing, Functional testing, Integration testing.
- Developed test plans, test cases, test conditions, test designs, test templates and test reports.
- Managed individual sprint user stories and tasks using JIRA as Agile Management tool and ALM as Test Management tool
- Implemented test automation scripts for mobile testing using Appium for Android and iOS applications.
- Attended defect status meetings and weekly team status meetings or reporting testing status and shared ideas for improved testing efforts.
- Integrated Test NG with Selenium using Eclipse to generate test execution result.
- Worked on Agile/Scrum Methodology involved in giving points to User Stories, Back log grooming, User story demos, attended retrospective meetings and worked on Iterations (Sprints) part of releases. Made ensure the new features, meet the customer requirements and acceptable quality assurance standards
- Environment: BDD (Selenium and Cucumber), Web Driver, Appium, Postman, Oracle, Java, JIRA, ALM QC, Test NG, PL/SQl, Host on Demand (IBS), Git, Jenkins, AWS
Confidential - Richardson, TX
- Involved in testing various business rules User/Customer Functionality, Change Process, Configuration Data Requirements, Legacy Data Requirements, and Access Permissions Requirements.
- Created Test plans, managed team members, assigned tasks and conducted meetings.
- Actively involved in all stages of STLC (Software Testing Life Cycle).
- Performed tests for Functionality, Security, GUI, End to End, System, Configuration and Backend.
- Assisted with user testing of systems (UAT), developing and maintaining quality procedures, and ensuring that appropriate documentation is in place.
- Involved in Mobile Computing testing with iPhone and Android Essentials including cross-browser testing.
- Involved in Functional and Regression testing
- Involved in extensive DATA validation using SQL queries and back-end testing
- Performed root cause analysis regarding any bugs/issues found during mobile testing
- Developed Test Scripts for Regression testing using QTP/UFT Descriptive Programming.
- Used VBScripts in QTP/UFT to access webpage script variables.
- Used SQL for Querying the Oracle database
- Used Quality Center/ALM for Requirement Gathering and Test Case, Test Case Execution and Defect Tracking
- Used checkpoints to check the functionality in QTP. Experienced in Equity, equities, Options, FOREX, Mutual Funds, Hedge Funds, trading, trade, Swaps, Swaptions, Futures, FRAs, Escrows, API, Risk management, wealth, securities, fixed income, Commodities, Mutual Fund loan, LOS, loan mortgage Origination, FX, FIX, Derivative Capital Market Asset Risk ACH SWIFT AML Wire transfer
- Performed manual testing for the web UI functionality of the application on desktop (cross-browser) as well as on mobile devices.
- Reported the Testing status for the current SprintdailyduringScrummeetings
- Participated in various meetings and discussed enhancement and modification
- Parameterized the scripts in QTP/UFT to run the scripts for multiple sets of data on multiple environments. Updated all automated scripts with appropriate comments as per testing standard.
- Executed the QTP automated test scripts, verified and reported the results.
- Performed Defect Management in HP Quality Center and prepared Test Summary Report and product defect metrics
- Organized and participated in triage for defect resolution and conflicts during system test.
- Provided risk analysis of the system test defects to the management and helped to prioritize issues.
Confidential - Westlake Village, CA
- Developed Test plans and executed Test Cases manually for the modules.
- Responsible for creating a detailed documented test plans/scripts and test cases.
- Uploaded test cases executed test cases and logged defects in Mercury Quality Center.
- Performed Automation testing of web - based applications using QTP.
- Involved in testing the functionality and usability of the system from end user perspective.
- Developed a Test Plan and Test Cases based on system requirements and Software performance standards.
- Used Quick Test Professional (QTP) for regression testing and running the automation suite.
- Involved in user acceptance testing & general site validations of web page objects such as HTML links & images.
- Involved in writing and maintaining the changes in Test Plans based on Business Specifications in each CRP process.
- Tested and validated the database tables using TSQL and PL/SQL.
- Optimized Quick Test Professional (QTP) scripts for Regression testing of the application with various data sources and data types.
- Maintained Traceability Matrix to track the requirements to the test cases to ensure complete test coverage in the QC.
- Done testing and documenting the results of custom reports comparing with standard reports.
- Involved in tracking and reporting defects using Quality Center and was also responsible for communicating the status to the development team.
Environment: Manual Testing, Quality Center, Java, HTML, VB Script, CSS, Java Script, TSQL, PL/SQL and Window.
- Working as a Manual Tester and Developing test cases.
- Work with development team to create test plans for enhancements and fixes on applications
- Mitigate risks to Business through timely and precise execution of manual test scripts under moderate supervision
- Produce test results/screenshots & upload to Test Director/Quality Centre
- Develop and execute formal test plans within budget and schedule constraints
- Perform functional and technical test execution activities as per BTS engagement level in the project
- Document software product defects and track it to closure
- Develop and execute test cases and test plans for software applications and programs.
- Planning, designing and Implementing testing strategies and manual Infrastructure for large scale system software.
- Experience with JIRA Software for Test Planning
- Active interest in web application development
- Interest in product testing
- Ability to derive test scenarios from user stories and use cases
- Ability work closely with Developers and Product Owners to ensure features/bug fixes are 'shippable' by sprint end
- Contribute to sprint planning, sprint review/retrospectives and daily stand - ups meetings
- Performed Manual Testing and Involved in Functional, Black box, Usability and Regression Testing for UAT (User Acceptance Testing) and SIT (System Integration Testing).
- Performed the Database testing to verify the data in Database tables by using SQL queries.
- Tested and validated functionality of new screens for customized applications.
- Involved in the documentation of test cases & defect tracking.
- Arrange Review session of Test Plans with Business/BA and used to maintain Audit Document folder.
- Design test plans, test scenarios, test scripts and test procedure.
- Developing test procedures to test database impacts for different types of testing called unit testing, System testing, regression testing.
- Created test plan, test sets, preconditions by using X-ray-Jira tool also Created Test Plan & Strategy for the testing.
- Creating Test documents like Test data and the defects in Confluence.
- Working on tools like SOAP UI, X-RAY, Bugzilla, POSTMAN.
- Created Test plan & Script, Defect Management Templates; Created Initial test plan and developed test cases and test scripts manually.
- Used Quality Center to store all testing results, metrics, created Test Cases, and Reporting.
- Reviewed Business requirements, IT Design documents and prepared Test Plans which involved various Test Cases for all assigned module/projects; Review Test Requirements, Creating Test Plans and Test Strategy documents.
- Developed a Defects Tracking Log for the SharePoint Site to track defects while testing.
- Involved in UAT testing, SIT Testing, Regression Testing and Functional testing.
- Daily update and managed Offshore team
- Organized Test Plan during initial phase of project, prepared test scripts, created Release note in Application Lifecycle Management (ALM), setup/link Test Lab with release cycle, executed test cases and recorded results in ALM.
- Wrote Structure Query Language (SQL) queries to check proper data population in application table and for data verification to perform Backend Testing against Oracle Database.
- Prepared meeting notes on daily execution/highlight of the project and send out the reports to managements.
- Interact with Developers and Business Analysts to perform various types of testing throughout Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC) and Bug Life Cycle (BLC).
- Involved with Trainer's training calls by presenting every project's new enhancements and functionality changes for the Branch Users.
- Provided weekly status updates showing the progress of the Manual testing effort and open issues to be resolved.
- Worked with the database administrator to migrate & maintain the applications
Environment: Manual Testing, X-ray, Bugzilla, SQL, UAT Testing, SIT TESTING, Regression testing, Functional testing, White Box and Black Box, STLC, BLC, ALM Microsoft Excel.