- Senior QA Automation Engineer around 9 years of experience in Manual and Automation testing environments.
- Expertise in understanding Functional requirements and developing Test Cases, Test Plan, Test Data, Automation and BDD scripts using Java, Selenium and Cucumber while serving various domains like Health Care, Telecommunications, Banking and E - commerce.
- As a Senior QA Automation Engineer have good knowledge and experience with software testing and automated test techniques with a strong focus on quality throughout the entire software development cycle.
- Well versed with Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC), Logging and Tracking Defects in all the phases with major responsibilities and diversified experience in Manual and Automation testing serving various domains.
- Strong knowledge in implementing Waterfall and Agile (Sprint/Scrum) methodology by analyzing requirement specifications.
- Experience in preparing Test strategy, Test plan, Test scenarios, Test cases and Test summary reports for both automated and manual testing based on User requirements, System requirements and Use case documents.
- Strong Experience in Smoke, Functional, Regression, Performance for the highly structural and complex systems.
- Expertise in Test Case/Test Procedure Design, developing Requirement Traceability Matrix.
- Experienced in using Selenium and working knowledge of automation frameworks like Hybrid, Data driven, Keyword frameworks and Page Object Model (POM).
- Executed Selenium test scripts on different browsers like Firefox, IE, Chrome & Safari and operating systems like Windows, Linux, and Mac etc.
- Used Auto-It, Robot API tools in automation for Mouse movements, Keystrokes, Window control manipulations.
- Proficient in writing Selenium WebDriver automation scripts in Java using Maven, Jenkins, Firebug and TestNG Annotations for web applications
- Experienced in web user interface automation testing with Selenium WebDriver, java, JUnit, Cucumberand TestNG frame works.
- Experience in locating web elements by XPath, CSS, Link text, Id, Name, Class name, Tag names, partial Link text using Firebug.
- Expertise in implementing Maven as a build management tool to manage the required dependencies, plug-ins and for uniform build system.
- Experience working with logging frameworks such as Log4j and Extent loggers to capture the flow details of the test cases.
- Tested the performance of the applications using JMeter.
- Experience in using Apache POI to read the data from external sources in order to feed locators into the test script.
- Implemented automation scripts for Cucumber BDD framework to test key Business Processes scenarios
- Developed Test Scripts to implement TDD (Test Driven Development), BDD (Behavior Driven Development) using Cucumber.
- Ability to connect with the Database to execute SQL statements for validating data in the data table (Database testing).
- Familiarity with one or more high level programming language such as C, Java, Python etc.
- Involved in Manual testing & Tracking defects using JIRA, Rally, Bugzilla
- Extensively used SoapUI and REST client for testing XML, SOAP, and RESTful Web services.
- Experience with Cross-Browser and Compatibility Testing to test whether the web applications are working as desired in different browsers and environments.
- Created complete solution for continuous integration tool such as Jenkins from code checkout from GitHub to regression report generation.
- Experience on Mobile Automation (Android & IOS) using Appium (Selenium) and Perfecto.
- Expertise in creating Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM), Daily/Weekly Status Report, Defect Report and Project Report.
Testing Tools: Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, Selenium IDE, Selenium RC, Selenium Grid, JUnit, Cucumber, SoapUI.
Methodologies: Agile-Scrum, Waterfall, SDLC, STLC, Bug Life Cycle.
Languages: Java, Java Script, HTML, XML, JSON, Gherkin, C, VB Script
IDE: Eclipse, SQL Developer.
Test Framework: Page Object Model (POM), Keyword Driven, Data Driven, Hybrid.
Web Debugging Tool: XPath, Firepath, Firebug.
Mobile Testing Tools: APPIUM, Perfecto Mobile.
Bug Tracking Tools: HP ALM/Quality Center, Rally, BugZilla, JIRA
Test build, Integration Tools: Maven, ANT, Jenkins, Auto IT.
Database Tools: SQL Server, MS Access, Oracle, MySQL.
Operating Systems: Windows (XP, Vista & 7, 8) Linux, Mac.
MS Office tools: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
Browsers: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari
Confidential, Detroit, MI
Senior QA Automation Engineer
- Followed Agile Software development methodology, with bi-weekly sprints.
- Performed agile testing, reviewed the stories and participated in Daily Scrum, Iteration Planning and Release Planning meeting.
- Participated in technical, status review, and release and production meetings.
- Performed Functional testing as per user stories and also performed Integration Testing & System Testing on “Enrollment“ filing pages usingSelenium WebDriver.
- Designed and developed automated scripts for regression, and integration testing using Selenium.
- Used Selenium Web driver, Eclipse TestNG Annotations in creating HTML reports, Test Suites and Test Scripts.
- Used TestNG annotations like groups, parameters, data providers to group the test cases, test methods, test suit for regression and functional testing.
- Maintained Java and selenium test source code and resources in the GIT source control repository tool.
- In Hybrid Page Object Model/Data Driven Framework the Test Suites, Test Cases& Test Data Sets were configured to perform or skip the execution and wrote the test results Passed/Failed/Skipped to the output files.
- Developed BDD (Behavior Driven Development) using Cucumber Features, Cucumber Hooks, Scenarios and Step Definitions.
- Developed Web-Service enabled applications using SOAPUI and Restful API for testing Web Services, inspecting WSDL files, generating SOAP envelopes, and automating or accelerating many other common XML, JSON tasks when encountered.
- Experience with Cross-Browser and Compatibility Testing to test whether the web applications are working as desired in different browsers and environments using Selenium Grid.
- Prepared and executed batch test suite through TestNG via Maven.
- Developed Appium Scripts for Native Android/IOS Apps using Java.
- Identifying objects of App using UI Automator tool for Android and Appium Inspector for iphone.
- Participated in developing common Appium framework for both Android and IOS
- Used different types of virtual devices (Emulator & Simulator) and real devices for Test Cases Validation.
- Used Log4j to maintain Log files and debugging of automation scripts and web applications.
- Implemented the Selenium synchronization using implicit and explicit waits.
- Extensively queried through SQL to check the database records in MySQL database. Scripted SQL queries to verify data integrity and validate updated data for the Test cases in different modules of the application.
- Expertise in Project Management tools like JIRA to prioritize, classify bugs and tracked defects.
- Successfully Completed User Acceptance Testing (UAT) on each release of the project with the help of end user requirements.
Environment: Selenium WebDriver, JAVA, Eclipse, JIRA, REST API, SOAPUI, SQL-Server, Mozilla Firefox, Google chrome, TestNG, Agile, Appium, Jenkins, JUnit.
Confidential, St. Louis, MO
- Participated in all phases of the Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC).
- Involved in Sprint planning, Review Sessions, Scrum meetings. Developed Test Scenarios, Test Cases, Test data, Test procedures, Test reports.
- Reviewed product requirement documents, functional specifications, and involved in developing test strategy, test plan and test case documents.
- Extensively used Selenium (data-driven, XPath locator) and Web Driver to test the web application.
- Developed Test Scripts to implement Test Cases, Test Scenarios, and features for BDD (Behavior Driven Development), TDD (Test Driven Development) using Cucumber
- Involved in developing selenium automation framework using TestNG. Developed Maven targets to execute automation suites from command line.
- Wrote test cases to handle Alerts on the web page.
- Used Firebug/Fire Path Add-on tools to identify the Object's id, Name, XPath, link in the application.
- Performed Data driven testing using Selenium and TestNG functions, which reads data from property and XML files and Performed Continuous integration automation using Jenkins.
- Created Test Scripts in SOAP UI for Testing Web Services.
- Performed cross browser testing on different Operating Systems like Windows, Linux and Mac andon different browsers like Internet explorer, Firefox, Google Chrome, and Safari.
- Regression testing was performed after each build release of the application and updated the Scripts by executing the Regression suites built using Selenium and approve for regression suite
- Performed back end testing by writing and executing SQL queries to validate that data is being populated in appropriate tables and manually verify the correctness of the data with front-end values.
- Performed agile testing, review the stories and participated in Daily Scrum, Iteration Planning and Release planning meeting and used Jira Tool.
- Participated in peer review with team and developers to review test cases/test scripts.
- Performed System, Integration, Smoke, Sanity, Functional, End to End, Positive and Negative and monitored the behavior of the applications during different phases of testing using testing methodologies.
- Planning for Test Execution activities to accomplish tasks on daily/weekly basis.
Environment: Selenium IDE, Selenium Web Driver, Eclipse, SQL Server, HTML, XML, JUnit, TestNG, Jenkins, SoapUI, Maven, Cucumber, Java, JIRA.
- Reviewed the Product Backlog, Functional Specifications Document and Technical Documentation.
- Interacted with Business Analysts, Product Owner and Developers to understand the application design and functional specifications.
- Analyzed business requirements and functional documents, created the test strategy document that define the test environment, phases of testing, entrance and exit criteria into different phases of testing and resources required to conduct the effort.
- Responsible for working within a team to create, document and execute testing strategy, test plans, test cases and test scripts in support of a set of global tools, systems, and databases.
- Performed agile testing, reviewed the stories and participated in Daily Scrum, Iteration Planning and Release planning meeting.
- Extensively worked in Regression testing, Parallel Processing usingSeleniumWeb driver in TestNG.
- Developed test scripts for Web elements by identifying the locators using FireBug and Fire Path Firefox plugins.
- Involved in Web Application GUIautomationcreating regression suites usingSeleniumWeb Driver, TestNG.
- Experience testing with SOAP and RESTful Web services.
- Tested SOAP and REST web services using the different assertions like HTTP assertion, security assertions, and XPATH assertions in READY API assertions.
- Maintained the Java and selenium test source code and resources in the GIT source control repository tool.
- DevelopedBack-end testingusing complex queries to retrieve the user information to cross validate in UI and databases.
- Analyzed test results, tracked the defects and generated reports using JIRA.
- Tested applications in types of browsers (cross-browser testing) and versions, such as Internet Explorer, Firefox, Google Chrome to simulate production environment.
- Developed features and test scripts using BDD (Behavior driven development) in spec flow.
- Expertise in Mobile Testing on Android and iOS devices using Appium and Perfecto.
- Developing Appium Scripts for Native Android/IOS Apps using Java
- Identifying objects of App using UI Automator tool for Android and Appium Inspector for IPhone.
- Participated in developing common Appium framework for both Android and IOS
- Used different types of virtual devices (Emulator & Simulator) and real devices for Test Cases Validation
- Participated QA weekly meetings and various other meetings and discusses enhancement and modification request issues and defects in the application.
Environment: Java, SeleniumWebDriver, Appium, iOS, Android, TestNG, Firebug, Firepath, XML, XPATH, DOM, JIRA, GitHub, Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox, SQL, Jenkins, SOAP API.
- Understood and interacted with Business Analysts to determine functional specifications.
- Involved designing and developing of templates for the Test Plans and Test cases. Involved in Preparation of Test Scenarios and review of Test Cases.
- Involved code merge activities using clear case merge manager.
- Involved in fixing performance issues in the Provider Enrollment use cases.
- Implemented Log4j for logging various levels of information into the log files.
- Implemented cross page communication b/w different Portals.
- Used Clear Case as source control repository.
- Fixing, updating and assigning the defect using ClearQuest.
- Involved in updating and executing test cases as per given requirements. Performed GUI, Functional, Regression, Ad-hoc and Smoke Testing. Prepared various reports based on different stages of Testing.
- Worked with developers to communicate regarding issues in the application.
- Coordinated the testing effort towards End-to-End testing to verify the proper functioning.
- Developed test scripts to Performed Integration testing, System testing, Regression testing, User Acceptance testing (UAT) and Back End testing of an application.
- Involved in developing detailed test plan, test cases and test scripts for Functional and Regression Testing.
- Created Test input requirements and prepared the test data for data driven testing.
- Data validation and Database integrity testing done by executing SQL queries.
- Performed quality assurance reviews on all System Development Life Cycle phases.
- Follow up with Development team on defect resolution. Updating daily status to Release Manager, which includes issues, action items, defect status etc.
- For bug tracking and reporting, followed up with development team to verify bug fixes, and update bug status using IBM Clear Quest.
Environment: Windows 7, Manual Testing, Oracle, log4j, Black Box Testing, Microsoft Office Excel, IBM Rational Clear Quest, IBM Web Application Server, Clear Case, JUnit, Waterfall.
- Worked under waterfall methodology with understanding the Business requirements, application and function specifications.
- Documented Test Scenarios (positive and negative) and Test Cases based on the functional specifications.
- Involved in updating and executing test cases per requirements.
- Responsible for Black Box Testing of the application.
- PreparedRequirement Traceability Matrix (RTM)to trace test cases to functional requirements. Involved in developing the tractability matrix in Excel sheet
- Identified the Test Cases and documented them in Quality Center.
- Performed Functional, Negative, Positive, Regression and User Acceptance Testing
- Conducted the System, Integration and Regression of the web application
- Prepared test scenarios and executed to validate the Tables, fields, texts and images in the Application
- Scripted Complex Test Cases using SQL queries for data validation and to verify the data integrity in the database (Back end testing).
- Worked with development team on defect reporting, fixes and resolution; update management on testing results, activities and planning using Quality Center.
- Analyzed the performance based on the reports generated.
- Responsible for providing regular status report to the management.
Environment: HP Quality Center, SQL Server, Windows XP, Microsoft Excel, Functional testing