A Senior Applications Developer; QA Tester, skilled in all phases of Project Life Cycle very strong in Confidential Batch & Online mainframe, especially in COBOL/ Confidential Assembler & and related technologies, with ample exposure to Microsoft compatible languages and Web - based technologies; Highly-skilled Technical Writer and Documenter practiced in flowcharting and pseudo coding techniques. Possess forte for constructive, informative liaison, with an ability to teach, also well-organized and proficient at multitasking and prioritizing. Exceptional drive to work in this field. Creative at requirements gathering, project planning; understand system structure, effective at program development, expert in testing (white box, black box, regression, parallel, simulation, integration, and User Acceptance); with analyses and trials done giving an eye to successful project implementation and optimal system performance. Possess valuable acumen in written and spoken communication, as well as being versed in Onshore / Offshore Model.
CHANGE Software: CHANGEMAN, OPC, ENDEVOR, PANVALETMANAGEMENTLIBRARIAN, CC Harvest ( Confidential )
MAINFRAME/Databases: DB2, SQL, QMF, VSAM, IDMS, MVS COBOL
MIDRANGE: On-lineCICS, BMS, IMS, DLI, FILEAID, QTP, DB2
Languages: EXPLAIN, VSE and its JCL, ENDEVOR, TSOMQ, EZTRIEVE, SPUFI, Assembler, REXX, JCL, PROCS, Confidential UTILITIES, SORTS, ABEND-AIDXPEDITER, Z/OS, NDM, ISPF, VISIO, MFS, IOFXML, SharePoint, File-Aid; File Manager
CLIENT/SERVER: DatabasesExposure to Access
Languages: Exposure to Java, VB, C++, C#, J++
Tools: MS-Office, Visio, MS-Project, FTP, EXCEL
O/S, Network: MS-DOS, Windows 95/98/NT/2000/XP
CHECK Hardware PROCESSING: Devices Confidential 3890 Reader/Sorters, Confidential 3694 Sorter
IMMEDIATE PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE:
Technical Lead, Documenter
- Analysis; heavy work with SQL Queries; Testing, Documentation
- Analyze requirements and related materials (programs, various communication mediums; create testing strategies and test frameworks;
- Create Test cases from analytic requirements, produce clarifying documents, perform (functional) manual tests; support frequent status calls spanning three major Global Areas; developing modified & new COBOL programs.
Analyst, Developer, Writer
- Analysis, Development; Testing, Writing
- Analyze Functional requirements, produce clarifying documents; create testing strategies and test framework, formulate use cases, test cases and scripts, perform (functional) manual and automated tests; implement enhancements and change applications.
Confidential, Wethersfield, CT
Software Engineer - Systems Analyst and Documenter
- Development, Manual Testing and Systems Analysis of Online & Batch Systems with an eye to present and future Application Systems, analyzing COBOL;
- Assembler programs, JCL members, PROCS, DB2, CICS & VSAM components, providing complete and concise documentation and data flows.
- Worked in EXCEL and WORD; heavily involved with VISIO; SPUFI, translating analyses findings into fully readable design documents.
- Communicated with users Kept focus on the general as well as detailed functionality of the sub-systems analyzed.
Confidential, Edison, NJ
Lead Senior Mainframe Developer/Analyst
- Planning and testing for a combination of conversion and integration in large-scale COBOL/DB2 - sub-Systems
- Included Programming, with QA Analysis, meetings with business-line managers IS/IT developers
- Analysis & Development done in Confidential Assembler
- Mapped and coded, created subsystem flowcharts, documented and prepared for the creation of an additional Quote Package sub-system, presented design documents for new DB2 database; also conducted coding & manual testing; also work done in IMS / MFS (message format service);
- Delivered analysis of batch system
Employment Consultant; Developer/Analyst
- Led business development, documented, facilitated courseware, meetings, gave presentations, made cold calls to the potential client-community, attended staff meetings, recruited, interviewed during candidate exchanges; maintaining statistical reporting, brainstorming new tactics; creating spreadsheets
Confidential, BLOOMFIELD, CT
- Involved in studying C#.NET, VB.NET, ADO.NET, ASP.NET (all in MS Visual Studio 2005 environment)
- Also in SQL Server Coding Reviews, Implementing a MS SQL Server 2008 Database, and Maintaining a Microsoft SQL Server Database
Confidential, North Haven, CT
IS Consulting Analyst, Coder/QA Tester
- Led technical sub-projects, Gathering and documenting business and systems requirements prior to coding and manual testing
- Conceptualized and planned tests for specific sub-programs in Mainframe COBOL environment, designing, coding, and testing such; using careful and calculated methodology
- Created multiple COBOL / CICS / VSAM / DB2 and Assembler programs, test plans, tests, and technical documents ensuring project successes
- Met multiple project timelines and deadlines, focusing upon precise and personally controlled techniques Interfaced heavily with internal customers, concentrating on solving their IS/IT related problems in a timely manner: both production predicaments and small project fixes Used EXPLAIN to help understand performance of DB2 SQL.
- Produced User/Business Documentation, flowcharts, specific technical data write-ups, QMF reports upon request;
- Referenced DB2 Catalog Tables through SPUFI to be familiarized with the DB2 database and for obtaining specific knowledge; frequently issued RUNSTATS; stored procedures
Confidential, Hartford, CT
Manual& Automated GUI QA Tester, Analyst, Project Consultant
- Perceived testing strategy for specific GUI front-end in Web-based environment; rooted on self-analyses of the system, made available detailed test plans to management; manually executing and completing collective tests.
- Logged all defects on SharePoint; participated as well as led team conference calls and meetings.
- Devised a detailed reporting tool for communication of specific defect complexities to project Developers; utilized QTP with Data tables to parameterize test cases.
Software and Application Systems Engineer/Information Analyst
- Analyzed Healthcare Data & Systems from a requirements standpoint, interfacing with the Business SME and Senior BA, created software design for multiple data extracts, conversions, interfaces and loads.
- Modeled templates, coded, manually tested and implemented programs, providing full documentation for client.
- Specialized in medical Comments data, Claim data and Provider data; Special attention paid to supplying repeatable & reusable methods and components.
- Cobol, DB2, Assembler, JCL, CICS, Batch, VSAM, Sequential, NDM, FTP, Word; wrote design documents and created conformance documents.
Senior Programmer Analyst/Tester/UAT Specialist
- Analyzed, modified, manually tested, and spreadsheet tracked Online Software written in COBOL, POWERHOUSE, and SYNERGY DIBOL in the company-wide field expansion, data conversion & integration project; also heavily involved during UAT and implementation.
- File structure similitude: IMS, VSAM, sequential.
- Software similitude: CICS.
- DCL was assimilated in an Open VMS operating system environment; made changes to the Main Repository.
- Analyzing Software in Online Confidential Mainframe CPCS/IMS TSO VSAM; DB2 environment in order to make recommendations for programming effort.
- Manually testing software changes, supporting conversion effort, promoting efficient operations to satisfy customers
System and Programmer Analyst/Designer/Tester/Documenter
- Initially consulting with the Systems Programmer, analyzed, coded, and manually tested a large IMS system containing numerous
- Assembler interface modules, in order to replace the Assembler, & emulate proper system functionality.
- Coding and testing performed to confirm multiple hypotheses arrived at by my analysis.
- Designed and planned a large-scale project; drew up instructions for its implementation.
- Wrote and proved sample substitution modules; documented directions for their similar replications throughout the System.
Hardware/Software: IMS DL/I, Confidential Assembler, COBOL, Confidential Utilities, Confidential Linkage Editor, MS-Word
Data Analyst/Extract Program Designer
- Conversion Phase1 implementation development and data interface in support for Confidential conversion from ADP to Confidential .
- Worked independently and in a team environment;
- Created standard DB2 SQL tables formatted from previously unknown data;
- Performed data mapping; provided ad hoc reports, established external data parameters for the project manager.
- Performed detailed data analyses, designing various programmatic approaches.
Hardware/Software: DB2, CICS, COBOL, SQL, Excel, VSAM, FTP, Confidential SORTS/UTILITIES
- Taught, demonstrated, installed and tailored Change Management Systems
Software: Oracle 8i, CCC/Harvest, ENDEVOR, REXX
- Worked on interfacing Mainframe and Web for Online Banking; Assisted in the plan & execution of database conversion, changing hierarchical database subsystems to DB2, giving strong attention to understanding financial services issues.
- Coordinated the Controlled Disbursements migration project spanning three major geographic computer areas;
- Incorporated Assembler routines to automate the Data Transmissions Systems Automation included the inclusion of dynamic file allocation, with control data as constant mechanism handling the variable inflow of data.
- Designed overhaul of the Wire Interface for the Customer Online System
- Worked in Cash Management, dealing with Confidential -formatted data; COBOL interfaces in Customer Information Reporting, using BAI formatted datasets
- Performed detailed analysis and planning, and proceeded with careful coding and manual testing. Oversaw all phases of project life cycle Liaison work was done with the DBA, developers, and corporate customers. In charge of Data Transmissions
Hardware/Software: DB2, CICS, COBOL, Visual Studio, J++ (Java), FTP, SQL, VSAM, Assembler, IDMS