- Over 7 years in Information Technology as a QA Engineer/Analyst wif experience in analysis, design, development and testing of Client/Server, Mobile and Web Based Applications. Self - motivated, ability to work in fast paced, test driven, collaborative and iterative development environment and can work on both individual and team oriented projects.
- Strong Knowledge and experience of all phases of SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle), and application development methodologies like Waterfall, Agile, Scrum.
- Experienced in SQA (Software Quality Assurance) including Manual and Automated testing wif tools such as HP Quick Test Professional, Quality Center, JIRA.
- Proficient in using Fiddler for testing Web Services and used various types of parameters to test server response.
- Expert in writing QTP scripts from scratch by using Descriptive Programming and developing Libraries, Functions in VBScript to build Automation Frameworks.
- Expert in integrating Automation scripts on Continuous Integration tools Jenkins for nightly batch run of the Script.
- Experience in Functional Testing, Smoke Testing, System testing, Integration testing, Regression testing, Data Driven testing, Back End and Front-End testing and User Acceptance testing.
- Experience in applying Testing Methodologies, creating Test Plans, Executing Test Scripts, Automation of Test Cases, Defect Tracking and Report Generation.
- Extensive experience in designing Test Cases, Test Scenarios, Test Scripts and Test reports of manual and automated tests.
- Expert level knowledge in all modules of Quality Center (Requirements, Test Plan, Test Lab, Dashboard and Defects).
- Experience in Test & Defect management tools like Quality Center, Jira and Bugzilla.
- Well versed in different management scenarios like Change Control, Quality Assurance, Defect Tracking, System Integration, and Task Scheduling.
- Good programming skills in Java, VB, Oracle, SQL, PL/SQL and experience in SQL Server, Access and Oracle Databases.
- Proficient in using basic SQL queries to perform back end testing for data integrity.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, proven team player wif an analytical bent to problem solving and delivering under high stress environment.
- Good analytical and communication skills and ability to work independently wif minimal supervision and also perform as part of a team.
Automation Testing Tools: QTP 10, Mite, See Test, Clear Quest, Soap UI
Software Methodologies: Scrum, Agile, V model, Waterfall
Bug Tracking Tools: Quality Center 10, JIRA, Bugzilla
Configuration Management Tools: VSS, Share Point, CVS, Sitecore and WIKI Confluence
Operating Systems: Windows 10/ XP/2003/Vista,/ Mac, UNIX, iOS
Databases: SQL Server 2000, ORACLE 10g, DB2, MySql
Application Server: Tomcat 4.0, Apache 2.0, JBoss,IIS
Languages Platform: AngularJS, JavvScript, C, C++, Java, C#, .Net, VB6, VBS,HTML,XML,AJAX,J2EE
Browser: IE, Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Opera, Mobile Browsers
Quality Assurance Engineer
Confidential | Hunt Valley, MD
- Collaborate and coordinate wif Scum Team, PO, Architect, Ops/DevOps team and other SMEs to understand Product Requirements & derive specifications.
- Facilitate PO to write test-able (SMART objective) user stories so dat high quality products delivered in a timely & cost-TEMPeffective manner.
- Participated in requirements review/story elaborations and testing activities to deliver high quality products and incremental value wif every iteration.
- Worked closely wif Product Team & Stakeholders to verify dat system requirements are clear, testable and consistent.
- Communicated between the technical and non-technical world, and equally TEMPeffective working in self-managed projects or as a team member.
- Create and Document test plan, test cases (MTM, TFS), test strategies, Tasks for functional, non-functional and Risk based tests.
- Executes planned Test cases to discover functional and nonfunctional System and Software anomalies wif Risk impacts
- Design, develop and execute Automation/Semi Automation Test Scripts Macros (.sm file).
- Develop automation Test Suite to cover functional and regression tests for the platform using Visual Studio and commit updates to repository.
- Generate new build wif development latest change using TFS Pipeline, tan copy the latest level from development latest or deploy the latest build into QA AWS Test server.
- Perform thorough regression test whenever bugs are resolved and record, document, track bugs/iteration bugs in TFS.
- Advance knowledge using Team Foundation Server(TFS) which includes generating queries to report in Excel of QA Feature test coverage at the end of each sprint & PI.
- Working under Agile (Scrum) Methodology and facilitated complex group meetings and conducts information gathering sessions such as Daily Standup, Bug Review Meeting, Sprint Planning / Review and Requirement Walkthrough Meeting.
- Liaise wif internal Testing teams to discuss identifying scope of testing (Unit, integration, regression.
- Executed complex SQL Queries using MS SQL Server for Backend Testing to validate data for required Test cases
- Monitor all stages of software development to identify and resolve system malfunctions to meet quality standards.
- Demonstrated creativity and initiative to improve product test coverage and TEMPeffectiveness by working and leading onsite and offshore team members.
Environment: Agile, .Net, AWS, Azure, Visual Studio, TFS, SQL Server Management Studio, Slack, Zoom.
Confidential | Stamford, CT
- Developed and execute test plan, test case (Functional, non-functional and GUI), test matrix, requirement traceability matrix (RTM) based on technical and system for web based application, mobile native application, automotive head unit application and cross platform testing cycle.
- Manage the release of code into the QA environment using Jenkins and ensure the configuration management process is followed. Review release notes, share wif team members, and update status of defect fixes wifin Quality Center & Jira.
- Enhanced Automation Script by using Parameterization, Descriptive Programming, Checkpoints, Output Values, Regular Expression, Actions, User Defined Functions, Synchronization Timeout and etc.
- Created, enhanced and implemented guidelines & best practices for Test Automation in QuickTest Professional (QTP) by writing advanced functions, looping & conditional statements in VBScript.
- Design and build a test automation system wif the goal of building a concrete regression test coverage Quick Test Professional.
- Demonstrated experience implementing automated test tool - HP QuickTest Professional and successfully implemented Automation Test Strategy to reduce testing timelines.
- Performed Integration Testing for Single Sign on (SSO) by validating sign on autantication using Social Media apps like Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram.
- Created HTTP Proxy using debugging tools like Charle's Proxy, Fiddler to validate HTTP and SSL / HTTPS traffic between application and the server for web based and mobile applications.
- Used SeeTest & MITE for automated the Mobile Testing and run the scripts for multiple devices wif VBScript using QTP.
- Used instrumental tools like xCode for iOS and ADB / DDMS for Android to measure performance, memory leakage, energy usage & crash logs.
- Experience using web and or mobile analytics tool such as Localytics and expert using cross-platform tool like Crashlytics for distributing beta versions of apps to iOS and Android
- Used over the air platform such as TestFlight App & Hockey App to deploy internal iOS and Android builds to team. Also used metrics from TestFlight and Hockey App to determine automation test scenarios.
- Work closely wif cross functional teams, including Development, Product Management and lead onsite and off shore QA teams to define and execute test programs by setting QA / Testing standards.
- Participated in Product Design Reviews, Sprint Planning, Sprint Review meetings to provide input on Functional Requirements, Product designs, schedules, and risk mitigation.
Environment: Agile, .Net, Jenkins, GitHub, Jira, Mac, Oracle, iPad, iOS &Android.
Confidential | Seattle, WA
- Written story narratives, functional & non-functional system requirements, and developed Test Plan and Test Scenarios for different modules.
- Developed Manual Test Cases and Test Scripts to test the functionality of the application using HP QuickTest Professional (QTP).
- Responsible for overall testing execution & completion of Metrics & Analysis, as well as status read-outs to upper management
- Performed various types of testing on Mobile client applications across iPhone, Android, Blackberry and Mobile Web, and also web API’s
- Performed Functional, Regression, and Sanity Testing in each Sprint cycle for various e-commerce web-based transactions and business processes.
- Performed backend testing using SQL & PL/SQL queries on Oracle.
- Designed and developed Test Scenario/Test Cases/Test steps for various Business Services and methods covering both Positive and Negative Testing requirements.
- Created HP QuickTest Professional (QTP) Keyword-driven Framework which delivered over 90% automation in the automated testing process by structuring wif Descriptive Programming, modularization, Recovery handling, Excel automation, file handling, Regular Expressions, and User-defined Functions and Checkpoints.
- Created detailed data gap analysis between as-is and to-be system.
- Created VBScript programs to ensure redundant system processes are removed after each test runs.
- Collected test data results from various sources including log files and system output
Environment: Agile, .Net, Quick Test Professional, Quality Center, GitHub, Jenkins
Confidential | McLean, VA
- Manage and coordinate offshore and onshore QA team activities and delegate work items wif in team.
- Actively involved in test project planning, coordination and implementation of QA methodologies using the best practices in the industry.
- Analyzed formal test results after manually performed Mobile Testing in order to discover and resolve defects, bugs, errors, configuration issues, and interoperability flaws
- Worked closely wif Business, Developers and other stakeholders to understand and come up wif Non-Function Requirements/Performance Requirements dat are in line wif overall performance requirements by business.
- Create, execute and maintain test plans, test scenarios, test cases and automation test scripts based on business requirements, workflows, use cases and other related information.
- Attended in Daily Stand Up Meetings, and managed short-term testing of Sprints & Test Deliverables in Agile Proactively communicate on all internal organizational levels (project management, business, development, etc.).
- Identified defects throughout Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) by following both technical & business specs, and halped developers to reproduce & ensure defects are fixed Review, analyze and update test artifacts and project related documentation to ensure accuracy, compliance to mitigate risks.
- Prepared, maintained, and reviewed QA Test Documentation, Metrics and Artifacts to ensure compliance wif quality assurance standards and requirements
- Led testing effort in Agile development team as an embedded member & worked wifin established QA processes & methods to integrate best processes into the Scrum Sprint of assigned work for short Releases and Builds
Environment: Windows XP/2007, Mac, Pivotal Tracker, iPad, iPhone, Android.