- Over 6 years of experience with specializing in Software Quality Assurance Testing and QA Manual/Automation Testing of Web - Client/Server applications.
- Expertise in Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Software Testing Life Cycle in Agile and Waterfall environments.
- Proven ability in designing and creating automation frameworks for J2EE based applications using TestNG,SeleniumWebDriver, IDE, Grid, Maven, Jenkins, Cucumber and SOAP UI.
- Proficient in multiplatform (Windows, Linux) and cross browser testing (IE, Firefox, Chrome, Safari, Opera) using Selenium Grid and Jenkins.
- Experienced in using Apache POI to read the data from external sources like excel sheets.
- Experienced in SQA (Software Quality Assurance) including Manual and Automated testing with tools such as Selenium WebDriver/IDE/Grid, TestNG, JIRA, POSTMAN, ALM and SOAP UI.
- Experienced in testing and handling different frames (frames, iframes) of a HTML page with having different DOM's for every iframe.
- Experience in RESTful API and used HTTP requests to GET, PUT, POST and DELETE data.
- Proven ability in developing BDD scripts with Cucumber and writing step definitions, features in Gherkin.
- Experience in API Testing using REST Assured library and POSTMAN.
- Expertise in using different web-debugging tools like Firebug and Fire Path for finding elements.
- Expert in finding elements using Xpath starts-with, text and contains attributes and using locators like ID, Name, Link Text, Partial Link text, Xpath, Css selector .
- Expertise in Defect Management/ Problem solving including tracking bugs, reporting using JIRA, Quality Center and ALM.
- Proficient in Defect analysis, performing Verification using walkthroughs, reviews, inspections also performed Validation activities using smoke, regression, functional, systems and UAT testing.
- Experienced in developing selenium automation framework using JUnit/TestNG and developing ANT/Maven targets to execute automation suites.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with excellent interpersonal and communication skills, Time management, planning and organizing skills.
Testing Tools: Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, JUnit, Cucumber, Postman, SoapUI, Appium
Test Build& Integration Tools: Maven, ANT, Jenkins, Git, SVN
Frameworks: Page Object Model (POM), Keyword Driven, Data Driven, Hybrid
Databases: MySQL, Oracle, SQL Server, SQL
Browsers: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox
Operating Systems: Windows, UNIX, LINUX
Defect Tools: HP Quality Center, JIRA, ALM
MS Office Tools: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Access
Confidential, Madison, WI
QA Automation Engineer
- Assessed and analyzed user stories in Agile and participated in Sprint planning, Review Sessions & Scrum Meetings and developed Test scenarios, Test cases, Test data, Test reports.
- Performed Functional testing as per user stories and also performed Integration Testing & System Testing using Selenium WebDriver automation scripts using Java.
- Designed and Developed test automation Artifacts (scripts, functions, scenarios, processes) for simple to complex automated testing situations using various tools like Selenium, Cucumber, TestNG and XPath.
- Performed Cross- Browser and Cross -Platform testing to verify the application consistency on various builds in different web browsers and in different operating systems.
- Developed modular & robust automation framework using Selenium WebDriver, Cucumber, TestNG and Java.
- Implemented TestNG automation framework for Smoke Test to ascertain that the crucial functions of the application work and also implemented Regression Test to verify the existing functionality is affected and to check the configuration settings of the code.
- Involved in creation of automation framework in Selenium WebDriver using behavior driven approach like Cucumber. Parameterized test cases using different annotations.
- Created 130 Backend Java Test Scripts to validate REST API Web Services.
- Automated more than 350 new unique Manual Test Cases for both Frontend and Backend of the application.
- Worked on the Android module of the project where I was responsible for automating the app using Appium.
- Wrote XPATH expression for identifying dynamic objects and handled Ajax requests using Synchronization.
- Performing API testing by using Postman for RESTful API service.
- Performed functional testing of REST Web Services. Validated request and response XML, JSON. Added assertions to validate the XML in Web services JSON in RESTFUL services
- Performed Database testing, scripted SQL queries to verify data integrity and validate updated data for the Test cases in different modules of the application.
- Implemented Automated execution of tests (nightly and need based) using Maven and Jenkins.
- Used GitHub as a source repository system to share code within the office as well as with the team in overseas.
- Identified, Reported and Tracked defects using JIRA test management tool.
- Developed user-friendly and flashy XSLT reports using TestNG and Maven.
- Involved in writing automation scripts for mobile native applications usingAppium, Core java and Selenium.
- Identified and documented product risks and project risks, and the severity and impact of those risks.
- Participated in concept and requirements definition meetings; provided feedback for functional and technical design documents.
- Performed Smoke Testing to make sure all the Test Channels and Test Environment is working as desired.
- Involved in Weekly Status Meetings with development and management Teams.
Environment: Selenium WebDriver, Selenium Server, Grid, Apache POI, Java, X-path, SQL, Maven, SOAPUI, Postman, Restful, JSON, Appium, Android, IOS, Cucumber, XML, Log 4j, TestNG, Agile (Scrum), Jira, Jenkins, Oracle, Windows.
Confidential, Chicago, IL
QA Automation Engineer
- Participate to all Scrum Ceremonies such as Daily standup meeting, Sprint planning meeting, Backlog Refinement meeting, Retrospective meeting and demo session in Agile methodology.
- Reviewed the Product Backlog, Functional Specifications Document and Technical Documentation.
- Design and develop Page Objects using Page Object Model design pattern and Selenium WebDriver.
- Identified regression test cases to automate, automated those test cases using Selenium WebDriver.
- Used Hybrid, Keyword/Data Driven Framework and extracted data from external Excel files using Apache POI and loaded into the variables in the scripted code.
- Involved in GUI testing, integration testing, navigation testing, and regression testing using web-based application and client-server applications.
- Executed test cases/scripts to ensure delivery of quality software applications, including Systems Integration, Regression, and Performance Testing.
- Implemented test automation scripts for mobile testing using Appium for Android and iOS applications.
- Used Appium tool, for mobile testing in Android, IOS and other mobile applications.
- Worked with SOSL and SOQL queries to get data from different related objects.
- Used Page Object Model (POM) to developed End to End Automation Framework for Mobile App testing using Appium, TestNG, Maven and Java.
- Performed Smoke Testing, Functional Testing, Integration Testing, Regression Testing, System Testing, Database Testing, and Black Box testing at various phases of the development and test cycles.
- Prepared Test Cases for functional and UAT testing.
- Created test automation framework from scratch using Cucumber with Page Object Model (POM) using Java language. Developed User Stories using Java in Behavior Driven Development for User Acceptance Testing.
- Performed testing on Web Services using SOAPUI, Postman to test REST webservices.
- Participated in weekly QA status and project status meetings to report any defects and issues
- Investigated software bugs and interacted with Dev team to resolve bug issues using JIRA.
- Generated test logs using Log4 j for various log levels.
- Used GIT source control repository tool, where Java and Selenium test source code and resources are maintained.
- Coordinating with another cross team to ensure the newly developed features function End-to-End.
Environment: Java, Selenium WebDriver, Eclipse, TestNG, Maven, Cucumber, Appium, POSTMAN, Jenkins, GIT, REST, JIRA, XPath, Log4j, SQL, Agile (Scrum), Windows.
QA Automation Engineer
- Participated in Sprint planning and grooming session to discuss about the story requirements. Project is implemented in agile methodology.
- Involvement in all the stages of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) like Requirements Specifications Review, Test documentation, Application testing and Defect reporting.
- Prepared Test cases for Positive and Negative test scenarios as referred in the user stories keeping in mind the Boundary Value Limitations, Equivalence classes.
- Automated all Test cases using selenium Web driver. Understands and implements scope for project in agile methodology.
- Performed browser compatibility test, stress test, scalability test for Web Applications.
- Performed white box testing using TestNG for class, method, & web services testing.
- Performed SOA / web services testing using SOAP UI, wrote adaptors to test / invoke web services.
- Scripted Complex Test Cases using SQL queries for data validation and to verify the data integrity in the database. Worked in all types SQL queries like select, insert, update and delete records.
- Created Selenium web-driver automation scripts using java and Java Script to validate functionality on various browsers.
- Developed RTM (Requirements Traceability Matrix), execution and Summary reports.
- Used Git as version control tool for source code, web pages, and documentation.
- Involved in execute and validate applications on Widows machines under Maven.
- Worked with the developer to reproduce the bugs and to resolve usability issues during UAT.
- Monitored the logs using Log4j for debugging.
- Prepared status summary reports with details of executed, passed and failed test cases.
- Used Jira to log the defects and maintained track of the defects throughout the Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC).
- Worked with cross functional teams, organized UAT sessions documented the end to end test cases, test results and reporting using JIRA.
Environment: Java, Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, Jenkins, Maven, SOAP, Cucumber, Eclipse, SQL, Oracle, Jira, Agile, Windows.
- Reviewed requirements and specifications and provided input during requirements and specification walkthroughs.
- Executed test cases compared with expected values and pass/fail reports updated through Quality Center.
- Involved in UAT Testing and Used Quality Center to report bugs.
- Prioritized Identified defects and monitored bugs fixing status through Out Look Express, which was configured through Quality Center.
- Participated in bug triage meetings with developers to validate the severity of the bug and responsible for tracking of the testing life cycle.
- Maintained close and strong working relationship with teammates and management staff.
- Worked with development teams investigated and corrected software bugs and deficiencies based on the testing results.
- Involved in documentation as to how to maintain and run scripts for future enhancements.
- Involved in developing test methodologies, test plans and manual test cases for the application and prepared UAT test Plan.
- Manually performed back end testing by writing SQL queries.
- Communicated with Manager, Team lead daily for testing efforts and sent Status Reports as needed like Daily and Weekly.
Environment: Manual Testing, Quality Center, Java, HTML, Oracle, SQL Server, Windows, MS Outlook.