- Diverse years of experience in Information Technology with an emphasis on Software Development, Quality Assurance and Business Analyst.
- Experienced in various phases of Software development Life Cycle (SDLC) and methodologies.
- Expertise in testing Client - Server and Web based applications.
- Proficient in all phases of requirement managements including gathering, analyzing and tracking requirements.
- Experienced in the design and execution of Test plan and Test scenario documents, Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM), and Test cases.
- Expertise in Functional/non-functional Testing using both Manual and Automated Tools.
- Proficient in Defect reporting and Tracking through the entire defect life cycle.
- Experienced in software algorithms, data flow, white box testing, creating complex SQL queries for backend testing and validation.
- Experienced in validating EDI files, audit Report, product Compliance to state and/or business mandates.
- Managed Non-Production environment allocation, upgrades, releases and hot fix and also coordinating with stakeholders to identify and mitigate risks.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and troubleshoot critical issues.
- Excellent communication and organization skills with the ability to adapt to new environment.
- Motivated self-starter with exceptional team building, leadership and interpersonal skills.
Testing Tools: HP Quality Center, JIRA, Confluence, Zephyr, QTP, UFT, ALM, Selenium
Database: Oracle, SQL Developer, SQL Server Mgt Studio
Other tools: WinScp, Synchrony, notepad++, Ms.Visio, TIBCO Spotfire, Weka, Mini Tab, Facets, PEGA, Optum Encoder Pro, Tidal Enterprise Scheduler, Claim Test Pro (CTP), Ms. Project, SharePoint, Informatica, Eclipse, IntelliJ, Jenkins, Pega
Confidential, Merrifield, VA
Sr. Agile QA/Tester
- Participated in Agile and PI ceremonies (Daily stand-up, sprint planning, sprint refinement, sprint review and retrospective, PI Planning, IA, System demo).
- Collaborated with developers and BAs to clarify feature behavior and Acceptance criteria.
- Performed Functional and non-functional testing, Regression, E2E and exploratory testing.
- Triaged with team members to analyze, fix, resolve, retest and close bugs.
- Ensured closed stories meet the Definition of Done defined by the team.
- Prepared the test strategies and discussed the testing goals for each Sprint with the team, assigned User Stories to document test cases, test data.
- Developed Test cases, Test data and reusable test scripts for User Stories based on the Acceptance Criteria.
- Drove continuous improvement in test coverage and test effectiveness.
- Managed testing tools and provided overall status/reports to team, product owner and other stakeholders.
Confidential, Norfolk, VA
Sr. IT Quality Control Analyst
- Acted as Project Test architect and SME by strategically formulating testing approach and principles that will govern all testing efforts associated to specified project.
- Initiated and managed Team’s process Improvement and test practices.
- Created training materials, acted as an SME and coached resources for Test Planning, Designing, Execution and Closure.
- Engaged in transforming testing team into Agile Methodology. Also, re-engineering business process to in corporate End2End testing.
- Identified and removed impediments, distraction that may interfere with the ability of the team to deliver.
- Created document library for SQL Queries, metrics, test artifacts, deliverable standards, handoff guidelines, Test and defect management documents.
- Trained, documented and provided continuous SME support to Test Data team in handling complex requests.
- Orchestrated and implemented cost saving innovation while maintaining quality.
- Maintained, assigned projects, resolved project conflicts in Test environments.
- Created relevant documentations and assigned mentors to new hire.
- Acted as Test lead for multiple projects and leading in-house and distributed team’s effort.
- Served as a Test tool Admin performing various functions such as; access control, upgrades and troubleshooting issues.
- Participated in defining and supporting high priority/sensitive projects.
- Managed the strategic and tactical testing relationship with stakeholders.
- Identified gaps, align Configuration Management and Release Management on data needs and own test data provisioning tasks.
- Conducted defect review board (DRB) meetings and provided technical expertise on how to resolve the issues related to configuration and/or test scenarios.
- Maintained a traceability matrix of the requirements and the associated test cases and the defects logged
- Accountable for Test Data Management, collection of requirements and evaluation of available data in repositories.
Confidential, Virginia Beach, VA
IT Quality Control Test Architect
- Designed the overall test strategy and master test plan to support testing objectives.
- Ensured established test standards, guidelines and government regulations are implemented to all proposed solutions.
- Created test estimates, Level of effort and defined the overall testing scope.
- Directed and provided consultation to program and application development groups for all testing related matters.
- Coordinated production release planning, validation and managed post-production issues.
- Identified test automation opportunities and plan the implementation strategy.
- Lead the creation of automation team, tool identification, pilot project and ROI.
- Wrote advanced scripts to support continuous delivery and test driven development (TDD) efforts.
- Supervised access and usage of non-Prod environment, developed and maintained team shared locations such as SharePoint, Confluence and JIRA.
- Collaborated with cross functional teams to identify and initiate continuous improvement of testing practice.
- Ensured test status and other project metrics is effectively communicated to testing groups and management.
Confidential, Chantilly, VA
Quality Analyst, Sr.
- Designed detailed test plan, Test case, test execution, test summary and test closure documents.
- Conferred with Business Users to Gather Requirements for the design and development teams.
- Performed requirement analysis to identify gaps by discussing with technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Participated in setting up test environment.
- Created and maintained Requirement Traceability Matrix.
- Performed backward and forward data mapping.
- Participated in risk and impact assessment analysis.
- Conducted data validation, integration and E2E testing.
- Executed Automated Test scripts using QTP.
- Maintained Test Matrix and Requirement Traceability Matrix.
- Performed compliance testing on EDI transactions.
- Participated in daily-standup, walk-through, technical and formal review meetings.
- Logged and tracked defects until resolution.
- Extensively used SQL statements to query the Oracle Database for Data Validation and Data Integrity.
Confidential, Nashville, TN
- Developed Test strategy, Test Cases and Test Scenarios based on the Functional Specification and Technical Specification.
- Responsible for designing/executing Test Cases and Test Scenarios based on the Functional Specification.
- Developed non-functional requirements and documented them as Business Rules, Quality attributes and constraint documents.
- Conducted the FRS and URS reviews and walkthroughs with designers, developers and stakeholders.
- Created Use Cases diagram and Activity diagram to depict the interaction between the various actors and the system for the Business Use Case and System Use Case.
- Executed Configuration Testing to check if the application was compatible in different environment for each module of the application
- Logged and managed defects lifecycle in Quality Center and interacted with the developers to resolve technical issues.
- Prepared test matrices based through defect status in Quality Center.
- Working Closely withOffshoreteam todeliver the Project within the Time frame
Confidential, Danville, PA
- Created and managed requirements in Test Director
- Maintained QA lab standards, documentation review assisted in establishing and maintaining best practices for QA
- Design and execute Test Plans and Test Cases, generate Test Scripts and Test scenarios.
- Implemented the whole life cycle of QA methodology starting from planning, capturing, creating, executing reporting and tracking the defects using Test Director, Quality Center.
- Designed and developed Use Cases, Activity Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams, and Object Oriented Design (OOD) using UML.
- Responsible for identifying and documenting business rules and creating detailed Use Cases.
- Responsible to meet the information demands of business users by delivering timely, accurate, meaningful and standardized data and reporting.
- Created a variety of IA and UX artifacts. Deliverables included: wireframes (Axure and Fireworks), process diagrams (Axure and Visio), personas (InDesign and Word), prototypes (Axure and hand-coded HTML / CSS / JS).
- Responsible to write test scripts and maintenance.
- Wrote and enhanced test cases and test scripts to meet new functional requirements as per the new business requirements for ETL process verifications as well.
- Performed ETL data validation using informatica and excel spreadsheet.
- Analyzed test results using reports and graphs generated in Test Director.