- Over 7 years of professional experience in Information Technology as a Quality Analyst with extensive experience in performing Manual and Automated Testing.
- Expertise in different phases of Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC) and Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) including methodologies like Agile and Waterfall.
- Developed Automation Scripts in Selenium for Functional testing, Regression Testing using JUnit and TestNG.
- Expert on Selenium Automation using WebDriver.
- Good experience in using SoapUI/Postman for testing Web Services and automated with libraries like Rest Assured and HTTP Client and used various types of assertions such as soap faults, Contains, XPath etc.
- Hands - on experience with all levels of testing, Integration, Regression, Smoke, Sanity, Functional Testing, System testing and UAT.
- Wrote automation scripts in C# and Java using Selenium Web driver to automate UI testing.
- Experience using different kinds of locators like id, class, Xpath, CSS selector, etc. to locate web elements using Selenium.
- Ability to design, create, and maintain different automation frameworks like BDD, TDD, ATDD and Hybrid frameworks for web based applications using Java, C#, NUnit/JUnit/TestNG, Selenium WebDriver, Maven, .NET and Jenkins.
- Good experience in performance/stress testing using HP LoadRunner, Jmeter.
- Experience in performing Back-end testing, Black Box testing and Sanity testing.
- Performed functional testing of web services WSDL using SOAPUI and RESTful web services and added assertions to validate the XML or file.
- Experienced in developing and executing manual and automated tests in different platforms using Python, Pytest/Unittest/Robot and the Selenium library.
- Experience working with Databases such as SQL Server and MS-Access.
- Strong experience in functional and UAT testing using Selenium Web Driver on both platforms as well as cross-platform web testing on all major web browsers (Safari, Google Chrome, Firefox, and IE).
- Extensive experience on POS self - checkout / POS QA Testing, involved in setting of QA Test environment with simulated POS test environment; testing and validating POS transaction in accordance with ACI-Compliance.
- Experienced in writing SQL queries for backend testing and validation of data.
- Regular Status reports maintenance and reporting to leads in a proactive approach so that the team accomplishes deadlines.
- Ability to take proactive initiatives related to application performance improvement using Automation and different frameworks.
- Customer focused self-motivated, team person, good analytical and problem-solving skills and ability to quickly learn new technologies. Good communication skills with commitment, perseverance, detail oriented and positive attitude.
- Good exposure in project review meetings to monitor progress of the project to ensure timely completion and delivery of the project to the client.
Operating Systems: Windows, Mac, Linux/UNIX
Tools: Jira, Quality Center, QTP, TFS, SOAPUI, SELENIUM IDE, Selenium Web Driver, Selenium Grid, XPath, Postman, SOAPUI, Jira, Jenkins, JUnit, TestNG, Specflow, Cucumber
Browser: IE, Safari, Google Chrome, Firefox
IDE: Eclipse, IntelliJ, Visual Studio
Methodologies: Waterfall, Agile
Confidential, Bentonville, AR
SDET/QA Automation Engineer
- Test Outline, Test Design, Test Plan reports, Automation, Test Execution, Regression report.
- Analyzed business requirements and functional documents, created the test strategy document that defines the test environment, phases of testing, entrance and exit criteria into different phases of testing and resources required to conduct the effort.
- Designed and developed automated scripts for functional, regression, sanity and integration testing using Selenium Webdriver.
- Automated web- based application using maven and pom.xml to write the automation scripts using Selenium Webdriver and Java in IntelliJ.
- Executed automation scripts on different browsers and environments and reported defects to the team members.
- Automated UI and API of the web-based application after completion of manual testing.
- Extensively worked on the TestNG framework to perform unit testing along with Behavior Driven development (BDD) framework using Cucumber.
- Used POSTMAN to manually test the Restful web services/ API using POSTMAN and validated the responses.Validated the Point of Sale (POS) transactions in accordance with ACI compliance in UAT environment such as Ordering, Scanning, Payments and Returns.
- Used Jira to open bugs, create tasks and user stories, initiate change requests and as a project management tool for the agile scrum team.
- Automated web services/API using Rest Assured Library to send the requests and validate the responses in JSON format.
- Maintained and implemented Page Object Model design pattern along with Page Factory to separate the test script and locators.
- Extensively wrote SQL queries to validate and retrieve the data from the database using Oracle Database.
- Worked with GitHub as a version control to manage the code flow.
- Integrated automation script with Jenkins for the Continuous Integration and Continuous Development (CI/CD) process using Jenkins to set up the pipeline and schedule jobs.
- Collaborated closely with the development team to analyze, debug and resolve any application issues.
Environment: Selenium WebDriver, Java, Cucumber, Jenkins, POSTMAN, Rest Assured, Cucumber, TestNG, Jenkins, IntelliJ, Jira, Oracle SQL, Maven, POM.xml, Python.
Confidential, Arcadia, WI
QA Automation Engineer/SDET
- Extensively involved in all stages of testing life cycle, Test Driven Development methodologies and Software Development Life cycle (SDLC) using Agile, Scrum methodologies.
- Analyzed the business requirements, developed test plans and created test cases in TFS (VSTS).
- Status reporting and test updating in Team Foundation Server (TFS).
- Worked existing Selenium Automation Framework with C# .NET using Data Driven Testing and MS Test.
- Validated data stored in Microsoft Azure SQL Server.
- Experienced in testing framework using Behavior Driven Development (BDD) tools like Specflow.
- Experience creating an automation test framework using C#, NUnit, Specflow, POM, etc.
- Wrote Gherkin language test case scenarios in a feature file using Specflow.
- Performed web services/API testing manually using Postman and also automated those api.
- Developed and executed White box test cases using Python, Unitest/Pytest/Robot framework & PyCharm/Ride.
- Created and Executed Automated Coded UI test developed in C#.Net.
- Participated in walkthroughs and interacted with other development team members to better understand system functionality in order to improve testing quality.
- Used python scripts to update content in the database and manipulate files.
- Tested the encryption and decryption of login and Logout functionality that was developed in C#.NET.
- Performed white-box testing of ETL-oriented applications written in C#, Transact-SQL and Visual Basic .NET.
- Participated in requirements reviews, design reviews, test plan and test case review.
- Modified test plans in accordance with changing requirements.
- Created and executed SQL statements to verify the data in the backend.
- Involved in Sprint Demo meetings, Sprint Retrospective, Scrum and other team meetings.
- Wrote Data driven, Cross Browser automation test cases and executed them for Cross browser compatibility using Selenium Webdriver.
- Performed load testing and performance testing using LoadRunner.
- Used Postman tool to test SOA based architecture applications to test REST API.
- Performed Back end testing using SQL queries to make sure that data entered has been uploaded correctly into the database tables.
- Tested independent and dependent modules individually and prepared Test Matrix to keep track of the requirements and the test cases.
- Extensively used SQL statements to query the SQL Server for Data Validation and Data Integrity.
Environment: C# .NET, Postman, REST, Postman, Team Foundation Server (TFS), Specflow, SQL, NUnit, LoadRunner, POM, Gherkin, .NET.
Confidential, Denver, CO
QA Automation Engineer
- Worked as QA Analyst and took responsibility for the requirements Analysis, testing and designing of the test cases in automation and manual way for the project.
- Modified and maintained the already existing test plans, test cases, and scripts to leverage the automation team effort during the regression testing.
- Performed integrated testing, performance testing, regression testing, Cross Browser testing, and UAT testing.
- Extensively automated regression and functional test suites by developing multiple test cases and test suites using Selenium WebDriver with Java.
- Actively participate in the team meeting with the developer and business to understand the test requirements effectively.
- Configured Selenium WebDriver, Unittest, Pytest,Robot, pip tool and created selenium automation scripts in python.
- Wrote automation test scripts using Java, Maven, TestNG in IntelliJ IDE.
- Extensive knowledge on writing automation scripts in Java for UI/API testing using Selenium Webdriver.
- Created and Executed Automated Coded UI test developed in C#.Net.
- Used JSON to send and get payloads and validate the information in those payloads.
- Experience in Web services testing using SOAP UI and POSTMAN and Apache Rest Assured Library.
- Tested Cloud, Web based Applications on frontend UI, verified logs, Json and XML data.
- Used gherkin to write test scenarios in the BDD framework using Cucumber.
- Performed End to End, smoke testing and regression testing CI/CD job using Jenkins.
- Tested web-based applications using Selenium in different browsers like Chrome, Firefox, and IE.
- Performed Manual Testing to check the functionality of the whole application.
- Proficient in all phases of Test Life Cycle from test planning to defect tracking and managing defect life cycle.
- Project planning like creating testing scenarios, test plans, and test scripts.
- Handle the tasks of explaining, criteria, and entry/exit strategy to less trained professionals.
Environment: Agile, Java, Maven, TestNG, IntelliJ IDE, Cucumber Jenkins, Selenium Webdriver, Postman, REST, JSON, Windows, MS Office, Oracle, Java.
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
SDET/QA Automation Engineer
- Analyzed Business and Functional requirements of the application and worked with Business users to understand project requirements and to figure out the scope of test strategy.
- Responsible for working within a team to create, document and execute testing strategy, test plans, test cases, and test scripts.
- Worked in an Agile environment participating in all phases of SDLC and STLC development process as well as assessed and analyzed user stories and participated in Sprint planning, Sprint review, Sprint retrospective, and Daily Scrum meetings.
- Created and implemented the automated test scripts for regression tests and Smoke Tests.
- Executed each test case through Manual Testing using Team Foundation Server and prepared the automation scripts once the manual testing has been conducted.
- Worked on Team Foundation Server (TFS) to effectively manage the product life cycle, create bugs, create tasks, user stories and initiate the change requests.
- Designed and developed automation framework for UI testing using C# programming language and integrated it using Selenium Webdriver in Visual Studio.
- Developed BDD tests using Specflow by writing behaviors and step definitions.
- Created an automation framework in Selenium WebDriver and NUnit using the behavior-driven approach like Specflow.
- Used GitHub to maintain and manage the build scripts, test data and other documents in the project scope.
- Used Postman to conduct manual Web Services Testing by sending various requests such as GET, PUT, POST and DELETE.
- Automated the API testing process by using .NET HTTPClient libraries.
- Performed operations on the database using SQL Connection class APIs, and implemented complex SQL query to validate UI with Database.
- Developed and executed SQL queries to verify the proper insertion, deletion, and updates in SQL supporting tables and cubes for Data validation and Database integrity.
- Performed cross-browser testing to check if the application can work on Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Chrome browsers.
- Discussed enhancement and modification request issues and defects in the application.
Environment: C#, Selenium WebDriver, NUnit, JSON, DOM, Postman, HTTP Client Library, TFS, Specflow, Agile, SQL, Jenkins, Git.
Confidential, Farmers Branch, TX
- Involved in writing and designing templates for the Test Plans and Test cases.
- Involved in the Preparation of Test Scenarios and review of Test Cases.
- Involved in updating and executing test cases according to requirements.
- Wrote manual Test Cases using Quality Center according to functional documents and requirements.
- Triaged and Tracked Defects in Quality Center and sent daily Defect Report to Project Team.
- Reported using QA Status reports, Defect Log reports, Traceability reports and Test execution & results reports.
- Scripted Complex Test Cases using SQL queries for data validation and to verify the data integrity in the database.
- Involved in writing SQL queries for backend testing to verify the proper interaction between GUI (Graphical User Interface) and database.
- Tested and ran various APIs as part of System Integration Testing.
- Updated Reports and dashboards to display the status of test coverage including the number of test cases passing, failing or pending.
Environment: SQL, HP Quality Centre, MS Excel, Waterfall, Manual Testing, Windows 8280