- Over 14+ years of experience in the IT industry, with emphasis on Quality Assurance - Manual, Automated Testing and Overall Test Management.
- Adept in managing large teams of Automation and Manual testers, concurrently testing complex applications built on a wide range of enterprise technology stacks/environments/architectures (J2EE / MS .Net / SaaS / Windows / Unix / Multiple Databases / Mainframe), with teams configured in both collocated and offshore models.
- Experienced in development and implementation of testing approaches, strategies and tools to ensure software deliverables of highest quality and current with international best practices.
- Skilled in establishing close working relationships with development teams, business analysts, release managers, and business partners.
- Proficient in detail-oriented approach to conducting daily status meetings and tracking progress of large QA teams.
- Extensively worked in building new QA teams, including screening and interviewing prospective candidates, on-boarding and orientation training management.
- Managed risks and resolved issues affecting release scope, schedules and quality.
- Organized training programs for QA teams to facilitate migration to Automation Test frameworks and implemented continuous improvement strategies.
- Strong knowledge of complete Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), testing methodologies and latest software development techniques (Agile/ATDD/BDD/TDD/XP).
- Six years experience as QA Automation Lead with hands-on involvement in Agile development teams.
- Experienced in reviewing Business Requirement Documents, Software Requirement Documents, providing Gap Analysis and preparing Test Cases, Test scripts and Test Execution plans.
- Over Fourteen years intest automation, including development and implementation of Hybrid testing frameworks (Data and Keyword driven), using reusable libraries anddescriptive programming techniques(Cucumber/TestNG/JUnit/Selenium WebDriver/Page Object Model/QTP/VBScript).
- Proficient in understanding and integrating cultural differences while leading virtual cross-cultural and cross-border teams.
- Excellent management, interpersonal, written and verbal communication.
Testing Tools: JIRA(formerly GreenHopper), Zephyr, HP ALM/UFT (formerly HP QC/QTP),Cucumber, Eclipse, TestNG, JUnit, Selenium WebDriver, SoapUI (SOAP and REST Web Services testing), RAD, XML Spy, Maven, Rally, Win Runner, Load Runner, Team Foundation Server Coded-UI, MS Visual Studio, Microsoft Test Manager, Rational Clear Quest, BugZilla, Jmeter, Perfecto Mobile.
Testing Methodologies: Agile(Scrum),Lean, Iterative and Waterfall. White Box, Black Box, Gray Box testing (webservices)
Virtualization: VMware Server, Oracle VirtualBox, Amazon WorkSpaces
Databases: Oracle, MS SQL Server, MS Access, MySQL, DB2, Sybase
Web Technology: JSF, JSP, ASP, .Net, SOAP, REST, WSDL, JSON, AJAX, XML, XSL, DHTML/HTML
Operating Systems: SunOS, Linux, Windows, DOS, Mac OS, Mainframe
Software Packages: Siebel CRM, SAP Financials, Oracle Forms, Oracle Reports, Cognos BI, Crystal Reports, Great Plains, MS Office, MS Project, Visual Studio.Net, MS Visio, Jira, Google Business Apps, Toad, SQL Navigator, SVN, GIT, PVCS, Control-M, Autosys, Putty, Hummingbird, ETL, DWH, SharePoint.
Confidential, Wilmington DE
Sr Technical Test Lead/SDET
- QA Team Leader responsible for end-to-end testing of applications for Auto-Finance division.
- Development of Loan processing modules and reporting modules was completed by four Agile teams (Two-week Sprints), using ATDD (Acceptance Test Driven Development) methodology, in a Continuous Integration environment.
- Reported daily to Executive-Director of Quality Assurance, on all matters related to testing efforts for Auto-Finance teams based in Delaware, Ohio, Florida and India.
- Managed planning and execution of end-to-end testing for onsite/offshore teams of 50+ testers.
- Hosted Daily defects/Triage calls and managed defects tracking, progress of resolutions, documented root cause analysis (in HP ALM) and facilitated release management.
- Served as Lead Contact for Auto-Finance QA teams. Worked as interface between Business Users, BSAs and Application Development teams during requirements negotiations, to facilitate refinement of business requirements and grooming of JIRA Epics, Stories, features and Acceptance Criteria for Agile and Waterfall testing teams.
- Responsible for screening, interviewing and on-boarding of new QA resources for Agile and Waterfall testing teams.
- Managed development of a new Test Automation Hybrid framework based on ATDD methodology (Acceptance Test Driven Development).
- The business requirements were translated into JIRA Epics, Stories, Features and Tasks.
- The Acceptance Criteria listed in Stories were used to create Cucumber Test Scenarios (Feature Files)The Cucumber feature files were linked to TestNG/JUnit Tests and Selenium WebDriver Tests (For UI Testing).
- Personally trained manual testers in creating Cucumber Feature files(Gherkin) for ATDD Test Scenarios, in order to utilize all of QA team resources in automating legacy and new test cases. These Cucumber test scenarios were reviewed and approved by Business Users before commencement of development on each story by development teams.
- Managed projects for conversion of legacy manual test cases to automation-framework tests.
- Supervised creation, maintenance and validation of RVTM (Requirements Verification and Traceability Matrix)/ UAT Testing Matrices, working closely with Business Owners, BSA Managers and Application Development Managers.
- Closely managed execution of System/Integration/Functional tests and guided team in documentation of tests results. Responsibilities included presenting test results to business users and receiving approvals(sign-off) for developed features.
Environment: JIRA, Zephyr, HP ALM, Confluence, Cucumber (Gherkin), ATDD, TestNG/JUnit, Jenkins, Maven, Selenium WebDriver, SOAP & RESTful webservices, SoapUI, JSON, XML, MQ, Mainframe, Agile(Scrum), JDK 1.8, Oracle 12c, Control-M (Batch Jobs)
Confidential, Mt. Laurel NJ
- QA Team Leader responsible for testing applications for Mortgage Loans, Commercial Customer Banking, Equifax and Lockbox related applications/modules.
- Managed test execution schedules and reported testing progress to Project Managers.
- Reviewed, corrected and approved finalized Test Cases for QA teams.
- Refined Acceptance Criteria in JIRA Stories working with BSAs, to provide detailed specifications for testing by QA teams.
- Created testing strategies and test plans for Stories on JIRA Dashboard and for those in sprint backlogs, working closely with AD teams.
- Led development and implementation of a new ATDD/BDD based Automation Framework.
- Created Cucumber Feature files(Gherkin) for Test Scenarios.
- Coded TestNG/JUnit test cases corresponding to Test Scenarios in Cucumber Feature files.
- Coded automated tests for web applications using Selenium Webdriver(Page Object Model), to validate Acceptance Criteria for Browser and Mobile applications.
- Developed Mock Tests for RESTful & SOAP webservices using SoapUI, mocked database testing with replicated database tables/views to simulate expected production data, tested delivery of Faxes and email messages to mocked customer accounts.
- Developed scripts for loading and parsing data using PL/SQL, SQL*Loader and Shell scripts. Extensively worked on development and execution of PL/SQL queries and stored procedures to test quality of data at various steps of testing backend applications and eventual import in to data-warehouse.
- Performed compatibility testing of applications for database upgrade from Oracle 11g to Oracle 12c.
- Tested Unix Shell scripts, batch jobs and their dependencies by testing/verifying setup in Autosys.
- Worked on User AcceptanceTesting of applications, serving as interface between QA team and business users to valid UAT matrix..
- Facilitated QA team projects in conversion of manual test cases to automation scripts for Web, Client Server and SOA Webservices.
Environment: HP ALM 11.5, HP UFT, BDD, Cucumber(Gherkin), Selenium WebDriver, SoapUI, JIRA, Jenkins, Maven, JDK 1.6, XML, HTML, Agile(Scrum), Oracle 12c, SunOS, Shell scripting, Perl, Autosys, Hummingbird, Putty, VBScript, Siebel CRM, Perfecto mobile.
Confidential, Morristown NJ
- QA Team Leader responsible for testing applications for Front Office Transformation, Order Managementand Trading Systems.
- Served as point of contact for maintenance of QA testing Environment, including Software Configuration Management and Version controlin QAenvironments.
- Worked with Requirements Teams to define test cases and maintain traceability.
- Prepared test plan documentation and developed test procedures.
- Created standardized testing procedures for QA team.
- Created reusable libraries for QTP to automate testing of cumbersome manual test cases in front-end web applications and SOA webservices (Gray Box).
- Coordinated scheduled regression testing activities for supported applications.
- Extensively worked on development and execution of SQL PL/SQL, Perl and Shell scripts for loading, modifying, testing and reporting on quality of data-warehouse and other back-end applications.
- PerformedIntegration testing working with end-users and development teams.
- Conducted UAT sessions for receiving approvals from end-user groups.
Environment: HP QC/QTP 11, JSP, JDK, Web Sphere, SAP Financials, Unix, Putty, Oracle 11g, PL/SQL, Autosys, Windows, ASP.NET, VB script, C#, SOAPUI, XML
Confidential, Jersey City NJ
SDET/Senior QA Engineer
- Responsible for testing applications/modules related to Back Office Billing Projects.
- Performed testing of UK, FR, DE International Billing and Payment Processing systems and corresponding sub systems as well as Customer Service Admin applications.
- Responsibilities included development of automated scripts for BackOffice Testing using propriety Testing Framework.
- Performed SQL and PL/SQL tuning and application tuning using Oracle suite tools.
- Extensively worked on creation and testing of SQL scripts and stored procedures for testing huge volumes of data related to back-end applications and data warehouse.
- Implemented Automated testing for MVC/CRM GUI including regression and case specific test cases.
- Validated software releases in QA and production environments.
- Served as QA contact for User Acceptance Testing of all billing related applications.
Environment: HP QTP 9, Oracle 11g, Toad, UNIX, Java, Siebel, HTML,CSS, XML, Mainframe, Doors, Agile(Scrum), Cognos BI.
Confidential, Jersey City NJ
SDET/QA Automation Engineer
- Responsible for testing applications used by Back Office/Enrollments/Customer Service teams built on .NET/C#, Oracle, Unix and Windows environment.
- Created Automation scripts for the Customer Service Application using BackOffice proprietary Test Harness and VBScript libraries run through QTP.
- Led design, development and execution of test strategies, test plans and detailed test cases.
- Developed complex SQL queries and stored procedures (PL/SQL) for parsing and testing application data quality.
- Tested scheduled tasks related to exchange of XML data with external Vendors.
- Coordinated scheduling of tests for all Back Office Projects with Project Managers.
- Coordinated defects reporting and resolutions with users and development teams.
- Extensively worked in certifying deployment of software releases to QA and Production environments.
Environment: QTP 9, ASP.NET, VBScript, SOAPUI, XML, Unix, Websphere, Oracle 10g.
Confidential, Washington DC
QA Automation Engineer
- Worked as Testing Coordinator for Billing, Invoicing, Customer Service and Telco Management applications.
- Designed, developed and executed test strategies/test plans/test cases for new Web based software platform built using JSP front-end,J2EEMiddleware API and Oracle back end.
- Performed Functional Specification Analysis, Review and Corrections.
- Gathered Business requirements, documented them for review and received approvals from stakeholders.
- Worked closely with Business Analysts to refine functional specification documents.
- Prepared test plan documents and wrote test procedures.
- Developed QTP automation test scripts for testing front-end applications using VBScript.
- Responsible for Defect Detection, documentation and resolution- coordinated efforts between Architect, Business Analysts and Development team.