- Self - motivated and responsible QA professional with 15+ years of experience across diverse industries.
- Proven ability to lead QA team through various projects from start to finish with successful results.
- Energetic and well organized team leader and efficient individual contributor.
- Skilled in designing, developing and implementing test plans, test cases, test procedures using SQA suites.
- Proficient in QA methodologies such as black/white box testing, manual/automated testing, functional/regression testing, system testing and performance testing.
Testing Tools: Jenkins, GitLab, Eclipse, Kibana, JIRA, SQL Developer, SQL Plus, Redwood HQ, Beyond Compare, Subversion, TestPartner, WinRunner, LoadRunner, TestDirector, QuickTest Pro, SQA Robot, SQA LoadTest, SQA Manager, QA Partner, Silk, Visual Test and JUnit
Operating Systems: Windows 10 / 7 / XP / 2000 / NT and UNIX
Databases: Oracle, DB2, Informix, DBISAM, FileMaker Pro and Microsoft Access
Software Applications: Visual SourceSafe, CVS, StarTeam, TOAD, MS Project, MS Office Professional, MS Outlook, MS FrontPage and variety web browsers (Chrome, Edge, IE, Netscape, Firefox and Safari)
Quality Assurance Analyst III
- Conduct Regression Testing for Benefits Eligibility (BNELG) Pega application and Premium Billing Service (PBS) Web Application using automation tools Jenkins and GitLab in CICD environment
- Analyze test results and investigate failed test cases as well as update expected results files accordingly using tools Eclipse, Kibana and Beyond Compare
- Work closely with other engineers to automate VPOC Portlet application and SIT Server web service application
- Perform Regression Testing for VPOC and SIT Server using Redwood HQ automation tool as well as maintain testing scripts and test cases.
- Create and maintain test data / test cases for assigned multiple applications and projects by using Oracle SQL and PL/SQL scripts
- Provide Regression Testing for PARS and OHI Report web applications during multiple database migrations releases and project maintenance releases
- Use Oracle SQL Developer and SQL Plus to test database triggers / procedures for multiple batch applications
- Prepare Test Plan, Test Case, Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM) documents for multiple applications that supporting different projects and releases
- Perform Regression Testing for DBIDS Identity and personnel management system applications and handheld device software applications in secured network lab environment.
- Create and prepare QA Release and Signoff documents for every major and minor software application releases
- Provide testing support for Production Application Verification during scheduled weekend Maintenance Window
- Recently awarded and recognized for “Exceptional Achievement and Performance on high visibility assignments and tasks”
- Created Test Plan, Test Case and Test Summary for variety Department of Defense Healthcare web Portal applications and Reporting web based applications.
- Used Oracle SQL scripts to create and manipulate test data in order to do the backend database testing for web based applications and knowledge based applications.
- Performed Production Validation testing for every major system wide software releases and prepared Release Notes and Release Summary documents.
- Worked closely with Project Managers and developers to provide high quality software QA services to both internal and external clients.
- Participated code review with project manager, developer and business analyst for healthcare billing service web applications.
- Created and maintained TestPartner automation scripts for regression testing front end and back end Java based applications as well as knowledge based applications.
- Conducted functional testing and regression testing for DBIDS Biometrics physical security software applications and handheld device software applications.
- Performed smoke testing and compatibility testing for enterprise MHS Web Security applications as well as enterprise mobile portal applications.
- Provided QA risk assessments and feedbacks for Project Managers, QA Managers and developers when resources and time are extremely limited.
Confidential, Palo Alto, CA
- Created Test Plan and Test Specification documents that stipulated complete system testing methodology.
- Performed integration testing, functional testing, regression testing, smoke testing and API testing.
- Designed and developed Test Cases for testing the Java and XML based Clinical Tools web application.
- Worked closely with developers and took an active role to ensure that each software module meets highest quality standards.
- Provided detail testing results and analysis reports to project management team and development team.
QA Team Lead
Confidential, San Jose, CA
- Created Test Strategy documentation that stipulated detail instructions and methodologies to perform variety testing activities for the entire multi-million dollar IT project.
- Worked closely with client side project management team as well as onshore / offshore management and development team to resolve complex issues.
- Wrote detail Integration Test Plan that contained test objective, test scope, test cases and resource management for each individual portal application that in J2EE technology.
- Drove project management meetings with client, business analyst and offshore team on daily basis to resolve and coordinate issues regarding test data, test status and test reporting.
- Maintained test plans and test cases in Test Director as well as generated and analyzed test status reports and defect reports.
- Engaged in code review and Unit Testing with technical leads and developers by reviewing coding logic and making sure it compliance with business rules.
- Performed backend database testing by using DB2 client to write and execute SQL scripts to check data integrity.
QA Consultant / QA Lead
Confidential, San Ramon, CA
- Developed test plans and test cases based on functional specification documents to verify business processes and requirements.
- Created requirement validation matrix by defining test objectives and choosing test cases that would be used.
- Participated in business requirements and development team meetings to identify appropriate test environment, test data and test execution schedules.
- Defined high level test scenarios and detail test scripts matrix and deployed them in Test Director.
- Wrote and executed detail test procedures for functional testing, system testing and regression testing.
- Performed backend testing by writing and executing SQL queries to check data integrity.
- Automated partial test scripts for regression testing by using Mercury’s Quick TestPro.
- Reported defects through bug tracking system and coordinated verification for bug fixes.
- Involved in white box testing by verifying conditions and data flows in each module.
- Coordinated test execution and status reporting between developments lead and test team by hosting the test status call on daily basis.
- Provided leadership and training for new test team members as well as balanced test team work load and resolved resource constraint issues.
- Analyzed and prepared release to production documents by summarizing release contents, testing performed, miscellaneous testing and test execution statistics.
QA Team Lead
Confidential, Redwood City, CA
- Created and modified test plans, test designs and test cases for various e-Commerce applications based on business function documents.
- Designed and implemented performance test, stress test for web based applications as well as developed automated scripts by using LoadRunner.
- Supervised, trained and mentored SQA staff, including employees and contractors.
- Developed significant guideline for test cases and strategies to be deployed in the testing.
- Represented SQA team to communicate with development team and business analysts.
- Generated and executed automate WinRunner scripts for functional and GUI testing as well as wrote detail manual test scripts for smoke test, regression test and system test.
- Maintained and updated the defect tracking database and QA project web site.
- Awarded “Employee of the Month” in IT department by leading a high profile QA project with successful results.
Senior QA Analyst
Confidential, Stamford, CT
- Developed test plans and test cases for testing the trading floor system applications.
- Created and automated test scripts by using SQA Robot for functional and GUI testing.
- Managed software configuration and code version control for production releases.
- Performed backend database testing by creating and running Oracle SQL, PL/SQL scripts.
- Verified, analyzed and maintained test results, change requests and defect tracking system.
- Provided detail defect reports to developer and prepared release documentations.
Confidential, Cupertino, CA
- Performed black-box testing and functional testing for applications and games on HP PCs.
- Installed and configured various software and hardware over Windows98 and Windows95.
- Participated the compatibility testing on different computers, printers and scanners.
- Streamlined testing scripts used to evaluate various HP computers and peripherals.