- 7+ years of experience in Software Quality Assurance in Manual and Automated testing. As a Software Automation Engineer seeking a software QA testing position in a company where I can use my current knowledge and use it to enhance, develop and for continuous growth of the organization, and maintain strict adherence to its guidelines, policies and procedures.
- Expertise in Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) in Web and Client/Server environments.
- Experienced in Smoke Testing, Functional Testing, Regression Testing, Integration Testing, System Testing, User Acceptance Testing, Compatibility testing and Responsive testing.
- Developed Test Plans and Test Cases from Use case documents and Systems requirement document and design documents
- Extensive knowledge of QA methodology, standards and procedures such as creating and executing test plans and test scripts generation.
- Proficient in Manual Testing and in Automated Testing: WebDriver (Java), JIRA, POSTMAN, SOAP UI, JMETER.
- Experienced in Selenium grid for parallel and cross - browse testing.
- Experienced in JUnit and TestNG framework for testing framework, Maven for Project building tool, Jenkins for Continuous Integration.
- Experienced in BDD/ Cucumber framework with JAVA and WebDriver. Used Page Object Model to design a project and executed in Step definition class.
- Experienced in GIT as a code repository to share my code to fellow team members and run my code in a continuous integration server like Jenkins where we build our project periodically and during any deployment.
- Experienced in Soap UI/POSTMAN and REST Assured for Restful Web Service Testing.
- Used Log4j, to log my automation report.
- Experienced in developing and executing SQL queries to validate the data in the back end.
- Thorough understanding of QA Methodologies like waterfall, Iterative, and Agile.
- Well versed in Testing methodologies, Software development cycles and processes. Involved in developing and executing Test strategies, Test plans, Automated Test scripts, and software Deployment/Release processes.
- Experience in working with mobile iOS/Android, Web Applications and Web Services.
- Excellent track record of successful completion under tight deadlines.
- Capable to adapt and learn new tools, techniques and approaches.
- Strong communicator and skillful in working closely with customers to identify and resolve problems.
- Able to handle multiple tasks and work independently as well as in a team.
- Excellent in technical documentation and reporting skills.
- Excellent Interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
Testing Tools: Selenium WebDriver, Selenium Grid, JUnit,Selenium IDE, Selenium RC, TestNG, Cucumber, Postman,J-Meter,Newman
Methodology: SDLC, STLC, Waterfall, Agile, BDD
RDBMS: MySQL, SQL Server, SQL PLUS
Operating Systems: Windows /XP/Vista/8/10, MAC OS, Linux
CI Tools: Jenkins
Defect Tracking Tools: Atlassian JIRA,Mantis, Bugzilla
Configuration Management tools: Git, Github, Gitlab, SVN,Maven
Confidential, Marietta, GA
Sr. QA Automation Engineer
- Analyzed the Business Requirements Specification, System Requirements Specification and User Interface Specification documents.
- Developed and executed Test plans and Test cases based on requirements gathered from product owners and stakeholders.
- Took an active part in all stages of the Software Development Life Cycle.
- Involved in GUI testing, integration testing, navigation testing and regression testing using web and client - server applications.
- Analyzed requirements, understood Test Plan, and created Test Case, Test Design and Test Execution and defect logging using JIRA.
- Used JIRA as the bug-reporting tool for bug tracking and defects reporting.
- Configured Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, Maven tool and created Selenium automation scripts in java using TestNG prior to agile release.
- Developed Features, Scenarios and Step Definitions using Cucumber (Gherkin), and WebDriver
- Wrote Test Automation Script using Java, Selenium WebDriver and TestNG which performed sanity testing on every deployment performed in QA Environment and sent Email Notification on failure.
- Conducted backend testing using SQL queries to validate data for database and Used SQL queries for retrieving data from database for executing user specific test cases.
- Developed and implemented robust MVC pattern base testing with Selenium WebDriver, which cut down the script development time in half.
- Identified test cases to automate, automated those test cases using Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, and testing.
- Involved in designing Test Cases and Test Scripts for Windows.
- Used Selenium WebDriver as anautomationtesting tool for web applications testing.
- Used Maven, SVN, Selenium Web Driver, Java, and Selenium Grid to create nightly automation scripts.
- Prepared automation test framework (TestNG, Maven and Jenkins).
- Worked on distributed test automation execution on different environments as part of Cross browser testing using SeleniumGrid.
- Enhanced the Java/C# - based test framework to test components built on the cloud-based AWS/Azure.
- Involved in Hybrid (Keyword data) driven framework design using Selenium WebDriver.
- Involved in testing of Web Services validation of business rules and business logic and used POSTMAN.
- Responsible for coordinating the User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Managed Teams and coordinated team s daily activities with scheduled Status Meetings.
- Assigned work and conducted Status Meetings with various teams.
Environment: Selenium WebDriver, TestNG,Cucumber,Maven,JIRA, Java, Java Script, SQL Server, Windows, HTML, Agile, MS Outlook, MS Word, MS Excel.
Confidential, Rhode Island
Test Automation Engineer
- Implement quality software best practices to develop test data, test case, user acceptance testing and test automation to actively participate in process improvements.
- Implement automated test suite to increase the automation coverage for regression test cycle.
- Implement robust Hybrid Pattern based framework with Selenium Webdriver, Page Object Model using Object Oriented Programming Java and open-source unit test framework TestNG that increase the code maintainability.
- Built robust test frameworks like Page Object Model independently and integrated within a continuous integration stack using tools such as GIT, Jenkins, and Maven.
- Follow Agile methodology that includes QA planning & execution in Sprints, participation in the Scrum & Sprint review/retrospective.
- Have done in Smoke Testing, Functional Testing, Regression Testing, Compatibility testing, Responsive testing, and End-to-End Testing.
- Ran parallel and cross browser testing using selenium grid.
- Deploy new fixes in github and build is kicked off in Jenkins.
- Generated automation report using log4j
- Tracked the Defects and generating reports using JIRA
- Testing Restful Web Service with Postman to verify the data as expected.
- Created detailed periodic status reports for senior management to keep them posted on the progress of implementation.
- Coordinating with Onsite-Offshore teams to keep an effective flow of the project.
- Attending Sprint plan and Sprint Review meetings, daily standup meeting.
Environment: Selenium WebDriver, Maven, TestNG, Jenkins, GitHub, SOAP UI, SQL Server, MS Word, Windows, JIRA, Java, J2EE, Java Script, XML, MS Excel, PowerPoint, MS Outlook.
Confidential, Plano, TX
Test Engineer Senior Analyst
- Performed functional and automation testing for TSA’s web-based credentialing system for TWIC (Transportation Workers Identification Credential) and Pre-Check population
- Reviewed and analyzed the User Stories and Acceptance Criteria and identified the testing approach, requirement gaps, redundancies etc.
- Participated in the Backlog Grooming session and provided feedback on prioritizing the user stories and estimating story points.
- Participated in the Sprint Planning session and identified testing tasks, risks and dependencies for each user story
- Wrote test cases, test scripts and have them reviewed by Test and Dev team.
- Executed the test scripts during testing cycle, documented the defects and worked with developers until the issue is resolved.
- Tested the application in different environments DEV, SIT, STAGE and Production.
- Performed End to End testing: Submitted the applicant’s data (enrollment file) to UES through SoapUI, verify the enrollment is successfully completed in SOA (MS SQL Server), then find the applicant in front-end UI and verified that results are returned from all different agencies.
- Performed Data Validation: Created and run SQL queries to retrieve data from database using SQL Developer and then verify the data in UI.
- Participated in the Demo session for both mission and enabler stories and presented how the particular functionality of the application met the Acceptance Criteria.
- Identified test cases and created Regression Suite for automation testing
- Developed and maintained automation scripts for regression testing using Selenium, Java, Eclipse, Jenkins, GitLab, Cucumber, TestNG framework, debugged and enhanced the scripts, run scripts, created test results report etc.
- Used different locator techniques ID, name, Class Name, Link Text, Xpath, CSS selector etc to identify the web elements.
- Reported found issues and tracked them in the JIRA.
- Coordinated and communicated with different internal and external team members, business analysts, product managers, product owners .
- Participated in the weekly Test Coordination Meeting, provided testing status, discussed issues and impediments.
ENVIRONMENT: Selenium, TestNG, JIRA, Java, MS SQL Server, Web Services, MS Excel, MS Word, MS Outlook, MS Visio, PowerPoint, Windows.
Mulesoft Implementation Engineer
- Upgrade each MuleSoft application from 3.7.4 to 3.8.2
- Replace the deprecated Data Mapper with Data Weave elements. Write Data Weave code to transform messages into the target formats.
- Replace other deprecated components like HTTP Transport and Message Properties with HTTP Connector and Variable elements.
- Modify the server runtimes from 3.7.4 to 3.8.2 in each application.
- Replace MMC deployment plugin with Anypoint Runtime Manager plugin in POM.XML.
- MMC has been deprecated in 3.8.2 and replaced with Anypoint Runtime Manager.
- Learned to use Anypoint Runtime Manager to handler application deployments and logging.
- Deployed upgraded template projects onto Anypoint Exchange for reuse.
- Upgrade JDBC drivers, Data Weave, Salesforce Connector and other dependencies in each application.
- Perform unit and integration tests on all applications. Support end user testing.