- 7+ experience in QATesting of software systems in Data Warehouse/ETL Testing for Client Server applications.
- Expertise in testing ComplexETLMappings based on business user requirements and business rules to load data from source flat files and tables to target tables
- Extensively worked on the entireQALife Cycle, which includes designing, developing and execution of the entireQAProcess.
- Strong knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC) andQAMethodologies like Agile, Waterfall, and Iterative process.
- Sound Knowledge and experience in Metadata and Star schema/Snowflake schema. Analyzed Source Systems, Staging area, Fact and Dimension tables in Target D/W.
- Strong experience in testing Data Warehouse (ETL) and knowledge on Business Intelligence (BI) applications.
- Extensive experience withETLtools Informatica Power Center, Knowledge on IBM Data stage and Ab Initio.
- Strong working experience in the Data Analysis and Testing of Data Warehousing using Data Conversions, Data Extraction, Data Transformation and Data Loading (ETL)
- Extensively use ofETLmethodology for supporting data extraction, transformations and loading processing, in a corporate - wide-ETLSolution using Informatica
- Experience in maintaining Full and Incremental loads throughETLtools on different environments.
- Involve in preparing the Test Plans, Test Strategy documents, Test Cases & Test Scripts based on business requirements, rules, data mapping requirements and system specifications.
- Expertise in designing the test scenarios and scripting the test cases in order to test the application and Test Data Management Plan.
- Creation of test data and analyzing bug tracking reports.
- Experience on Functional testing, System Testing, Regression Testing, Integration testing, GUI Testing, Smoke testing, System Integration Testing (SIT), Software Validation testing, UAT, Batch Testing, Interface testing, and Performance Testing.
- Extensive experience in writing complex SQL Queries.
- Expertise in test management using HP Quality Center, ALM and JIRA.
- Knowledge on Tidal Scheduling tool.
- Experience in preparing Requirement Traceability Matrix(RTM)documents.
- Aware of Slowly Changing Dimensions (SCD).
ETL Tools: Informatica Power Center 9.x/8x, 8/7.1.2DataStage, Ab Initio
Analytics Tools: SQL
Others: MS Office Suit (Word, Excel, Power Point), MS Project)
Operating Systems: Windows 95/98/2000/NT/XP, UNIX
Languages: Basic Java, SQL
Bug Reporting: QC, ALM, JIRA
Data bases: Oracle 10g/11g, MS SQL
Database Tools: TOAD 9.7.2, SQL Developer.
Sr. ETL Tester
- Established and documentedETLQAstandards, procedures, andQAmethodologies.Analysis of Business requirements & Design Specification Document to determine the functionality of theETLProcesses.
- Analyzed business requirements, system requirements, data mapping requirement specifications, and responsible for documenting functional requirements and supplementary requirements in Quality Center 9.2 TestedETLjobs as per business rules usingETLdesign document.
- Prepared the Test Plans, Test Strategy documents, Test Cases & Test Scripts based on business requirements, rules, data mapping requirements and system specifications.
- Extensively tested severalETLMappings developed using Informatica.
- Analyzed application data using SQL to identifyETLprocesses.Analyzed and testedETLInformatica Mappings with source data, staging and target data.
- Wrote InformaticaETLdesign documents, establishedETLcoding standards and performed Informatica mapping reviews.
- Tested ComplexETLMappings and Sessions based on business user requirements and business rules to load data from source flat files and RDBMS tables to target tables.
- Tested theETLprocess for both before data validation and after data validation process.
- TunedETLjobs/procedures/scripts, SQL queries to improve the system performance.
- Designed and developed UNIX shell scripts as part of theETLprocess to automate the process of loading, pulling the data for testingETLTest loads.
- Involved in data warehouse testing by checkingETLprocedures.Performed the tests in both the SIT,QA,and contingency/backup environments.
- Extensively worked on various types of testing likeETLTesting, Integration Testing, Functional testing, Regression testing, Back-End testing
- Conducted UAT to confirm that all derivative products can be successfully processed through stages of the trade life cycle.
ETL Tester, Consultant
- Worked with Business analysts to understand Business/System requirements in order to transform business requirements into functional test cases.
- Analyzed business requirements, scope documents and detailed functional requirements and to propose feature changes, determine and provideETLtesting effort estimates.
- Used ALM/Quality Center for writing Test Cases development, test script writing, Test case execution & Defect Tracking Assisted in gathering the business requirements, ETLAnalysis, ETLtest and design of the flow and the logic for the data warehouse project
- Tested different DWHETLInformatica Mappings especially are used effectively to develop and maintain the database.
- Extensively usedETLmethodology for testing and supporting data extraction, transformations and loading processing in a corporate-wide-ETLSolution using Informatica
- Tested theETLmappings output with the back end by writing test cases and SQL test scripts.
- Responsible for testing ofETLjobs that are scheduled for file transfers from Operational Data Stores to designated file systems/directories.
- Involved inETLprocess for a Data Warehouse from their legacy systems using Informatica Power Center.
- Tested theETLInformatica transformation and otherETLProcesses (DW Testing)
- Prepared Test Cases and Test Plans for the mappings developed through theETLtool from the requirements.Verified session logs to identify the errors occurred during theETLexecution.
- Worked onETLtool Informatica Mapping Designer, Workflow Manager, and Workflow Monitor.
- Wrote Test cases and SQL queries to validate the data pulled in from the Data Marts and populated.
- Wrote SQL queries in order to data validation in migration as part of backend testing
- As an ETLTester responsible for the business requirements,ETLAnalysis,ETLtest and design of the flow and the logic for the Data warehouse project using Informatica.
- TestedETLmappings to extract and load data from different databases such as Oracle, SQL Server and flat files and loaded them into Oracle.
- Involved in testing theETLmappings, by validating whether the mapping adhere to the development standards and naming conventions, whether the mapping work correctly in relation to other processes in your data logistical flow.
- Developed test cases and scripts forETLrules in Quality Center Test Plan.Involved in preparing detailed Business Analysis documents,ETLdesign documents, unit test plans for the mappings
- Testing theETLdata movement from Oracle Data mart to SQL Data mart on an Incremental and full load basis. Involved in the error checking and testing of theETLprocedures and programs Informatica session log.Responsible in testing Initial and daily loads ofETLjobs.
- DevelopedETLtest scripts based on technical specifications/Data design documents and Source to Target mappings.
- Developed data quality test plans and manually executedETLand BI test cases.Involved in data warehouse testing by checkingETLprocedures/mappings.
- Preparing documentation for some of the recurring defects and resolutions and business comments for those defects.
- Developed UNIX scripts to validate the flat files and to automate the manual test cases.
- DevelopingTest Matrixto give a better view of testing effort
- Responsible for creating complete test cases, test plans, test data, and reporting status ensuring accurate coverage of requirements and business processes
- Responsible for creating completetest cases,test plans
- Analyzing requirements and creating and executing test cases
- Performingmanualtesting by performing the operations mentioned in the design steps. Compared the expected results with the actual outcome and recorded the results.
- Working with the Development team for process improvement and release planning
- Defect Management Using ALM
- Involved in different phase of testing i.e., System, Integration Testing, Functional Testing, Regression Testing, and Smoke Testing.
- Preparation of Bug summary reports.