- 6 years of experience in IT industry in Software Quality Assurance and Analysis, Design of Manual and Automated testing (Black Box, White box) of various applications for Web and Client/Server environments.
- Extensive Knowledge of Quality Assurance standards, methodologies and strategies with better understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Experienced in SQA (Software Quality Assurance) including Manual and Automated testing with tools such as Selenium WebDriver/IDE, Cucumber and TestNG, Quality Center/ALM, Appium, JIRA, POSTMAN, REST ASSURED and SOAP UI.
- Good working experience on SOAP UI and POSTMAN for testing and validating various web services used in the application.
- Sound knowledge on TestNG framework for Unit testing, Maven and Ant for Project building tool, Jenkins for Continuous Integration.
- Experience in QA & Testing tasks like bug reporting and tracking, unit testing, GUI testing, and integration testing.
- Extensive experience in Black - Box & White-Box Testing for Web, Data Base and Client Server Applications.
- Extensive experience in conducting different kinds of tests such as Integration, Regression, Functional, System Testing, Black Box, White Box, UAT and Sanity Testing.
- Extensive experience in reviewing and analyzing Business Requirements and writing detailed Test Plans, Test Cases, and Test Scripts.
- Expertise in performing regression testing on new builds, every modification in the application using Selenium WebDriver.
- Well versed in different management scenarios like Change Control, Quality Assurance, Defect Tracking, System Integration, and Task Scheduling.
- Experience in both Waterfall (Software Development Life Cycle -SDLC) and Agile Project Environment.
- Strong PL/SQL, developing database queries for Backend Testing, in-depth Knowledge of Oracle and SQL Server, resolved Database Performance Issues Knowledge in performing Database testing on Oracle, SQL Server using SQL Developer and TOAD.
- Good analytical and communication skills and ability to work independently with minimal supervision and also perform as part of a team.
- Experience in bug reporting tools like JIRA and ALM.
- Highly motivated team player with analytical, organizational and technical skills, unique ability to adapt quickly to challenges and changing environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, proven team player with an analytical bent to problem solving and delivering under high stress environment.
Testing Tools: Selenium IDE/RC/WebDriver/Grid, TestNG, Quality Center/ALM, SOAP UI, POSTMAN, REST ASSURED, Cucumber, Appium
Test Strategies: Web Testing, System Integration Testing, Functional Testing, Regression Testing, Compatibility Testing, Product Assurance Testing, User Acceptance Testing, Defect Management
Web Application Servers: Apache, IIS
Continuous Integration Tools: Jenkins
Build Tools: Ant, Maven
Operating Systems: Windows Variants
Confidential, Cleveland, OH
QA Automation Engineer
- Closely coordinating with the system analysts and business domain owners to understand the test requirements that may help in designing betterautomationframework.
- Worked with manual testing and automated test cases of different application on Windows Environment.
- Developed modular & robust automation framework using SeleniumWebDriver,Cucumber, TestNG and Java.
- Implement BDD (Behavior Driven Development) Testing withCucumber-JVM andSelenium WebDriver to ensure the code reusability and code maintainability and cut down the script development time in half.
- Performed white-box testing, integration testing and regression testing on the application.
- Evaluation and implementation of Robot Framework to create SeleniumWebDriverautomationtest suite.
- Defining theautomationarchitecture to ensure appropriate interoperability of technology stack.
- Used Java language and TestNG framework for scripting. Used Maven for building the WebDriver project. Integrated with Continuous Integration tools Jenkins for running test on nightly basis automatically.
- Integrated ourautomationexecutions with our CI process (Jenkins) so our scripts are executed each time a build is kicked off.
- Implemented Automated execution of tests (nightly and need based) using Maven and Jenkins.
- Involved in Mobile ApplicationAutomation(Android & IOS devices).
- Developed manual and automated test cases to validate REST API web service.
- Running test scripts in multiple browsers/devices using CI tools in cloud environment.
- Closely worked with DevOps team to implement a continuous integration environment.
- Developed re-usable function using TestNG for the Test Automation.
- Created automation test cases using Selenium WebDriver and Java and involved in resolving existing test script issues in Selenium WebDriver.
- Tested request and response XML's based web services interfaces using REST ASSURED.
- Performed code reviews to ensure that code standards are followed amongAutomationteam members.
- Involved in Design and development of test plans based on high-level and detailed designs.
- Executed tests and participated actively in system testing and regression testing.
- Used Appium tool to testedautomationtest scripts on both IOS and Android platforms for native and mobile websites on mobile devices.
- Implemented test scripts based on the test cases and test data in JIRA.
- Assisted the team lead with dailyQAtasks.
- Developed Test Base Class to hold all reusable methods.
- Used CSS Selector to identify objects.
- Used WebDriverWait, wait.until, Expected Condition. Visibility of Element Located is Element Present or check status completed to handle the Ajax content.
- Contributed to Team Effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Played a key role in production releases and perform UAT test of the system.
Environment: Java, Selenium WebDriver, Eclipse, TestNG, Maven, Appium, POSTMAN, Cucumber, Jenkins, REST ASSURED, XPath, Jira, SQL, Windows.
Confidential, Pittsburgh, PA
QA Automation Engineer
- Analyzed Business Requirements Documents to get better understanding of the system both on technical and business perspectives.
- Involved with working in all phases of SDLC methodologies.
- Involved in planning, execution, testing and bug tracking of the application.
- Involved in documenting and executing Test plans, Test cases and Test scripts based on baseline requirements.
- Used Selenium WebDriver for automating functional testing and to identify various critical points in applications.
- Performed Data driven testing usingSelenium WebDriver, TestNG functions and JDBC Connections which reads data from scripts using property and XML files.
- Setup the Automation framework using Selenium WebDriver to run test cases in multiple browsers and platforms.
- Used Selenium WebDriver and TestNG to run the parallel testing.
- Involved in working with TestNG & Eclipse Conducted Java component testing using TestNG test framework.
- Used Cucumberautomated testing to test new and existing functionality.
- Performed the testing of Restful Web service for mobile apps for the bank of west Using SOAP UI.
- UsingPostmanvalidated REST API Web Service Call by sending JSON Request and JSON Response.
- Performed SOA / Web service testing using Soap UI; wrote adaptors to test / invoke Web service.
- Implemented simulator for Mobile App Testing in Android Platform using APPIUM.
- Performing functional Automation in Android & IOS Mobile platforms.
- REST API testing using PostMan on production post release.
- Uploaded test cases executed test cases and logged defects in JIRA.
- Performed System, Integration, End to End and User Acceptance testing and monitored the applications behavior during distinct phases of testing.
- Reviewed business requirements and technical specification documents and analyzed use cases, functional requirements to create detailed Test plans and Test cases.
- Created and executed automated test scripts using Selenium Web Driver and TestNG.
- Building the code in java for while developing frameworks.
- Responsible for implementing page object model (POM) using Selenium WebDriver, Maven, TestNG and Java.
- Worked on project building tools like MAVEN in adding dependencies by maintaining in pom.xml file
- Used tools like Maven, TestNG, Eclipse and Jenkins.
- Used Appium tool, for mobile testing in Android, IOS and other mobile applications.
- Developed automated scripts and frame works using key word driven framework.
- Involved in using Selenium (data-driven, XPath locator) and WebDriver to test the web application.
- Involved in development of automation scripts for new enhancements using TestNG and Selenium WebDriver.
- Involved in integrating the test suites to Jenkins to execute them automatically after every successful deployment.
- Created feature files using Gherkins in Cucumber framework for BDD.
- Creating a Cucumber regression test suite from scratch in Java that tests functionality of emerging product software.
- Used Postman forAPItesting to verify the CRUD operations.
- Involved in testing compatibility of application for dynamic and static content under various cross browsers using HTML IDs and XPath in Selenium.
- Used TestNG framework to run unit test and Maven to build the Project.
- Used JIRA for bug tracking and reporting, also followed up with development team to verify bug fixes, and update bug status.
- Worked with web service and back-end service/API tools such asSoap Service, HTTP Client, and Soap Clientetc.
- Cross-Browser Testing was performed on different versions of IE and other Browsers.
- Responsible for developing manual and automated test cases and configurations needed to meet testing of business requirements. Monitors and tracks resolution of defects, coordinating with engineers inorder to prevent, report, and resolve.
Environment: Java, Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, HTML, XML, SOAP UI, REST Services, POSTMAN, Jenkins, Cucumber, Maven, XPath, Eclipse, JIRA, Agile, Oracle, SQL, Windows.
- As a member of the testing team held the responsibility of verifying the overall functionality and also interact with the real-time user to upgrade and enhance the end-to-end functionality of the website.
- Developed manual and automated test cases to test the functionality of the application.
- Developed and executed test cases for integration, system and regression testing throughout the software development life cycle.
- Performed Functional testing and Published test summary reports.
- Participated in writing Test Plan, Test strategy & Test Scenarios based on software documentation from business, technical and functional requirements.
- Performed end-to-end testing of application and verified compliance for software quality standards of the organization.
- Conducted weekly meetings with the developers and build team.
- Implemented Recovery Scenario to handle unexpected events or errors.
- Tracked, Reviewed, Analyzed and Compared defects using Quality Center.
- Participated in Test Case review and Test case sign off meetings.
- Tested in Development, Staging and Production Environments.
Environment: Manual Testing, SQL, Java, Quality Center.