- Sr. QA Automation Test Consultant with an expertise in Mobile, Web and Desktop applications automation and with a proficiency in Core and Advanced Java and VB script and various testing tools like Cucumber, Gherkin, Appium, XCUITest, UIAutomator2, Selenium, Applitools, Junit, TestNG, Maven, HP LeanFT, HP UFT, Jenkins, Git, Bitbucket, P4V Client, Intellij Idea, Eclipse, TestRail, JIRA, Rally, Confluence, XRay, JMeter, Postman and SOAPUI tools using BDD or TDD approaches.
- 11+ years ofQA TestAutomation experience in various domains like Banking, e - commerce, Telecommunication, Mobility Retail, Aviation, and Tourism Ticketing Retail Domains.
- Designed and customized automation architecture and infrastructure, modules and dependencies according to the Client requirements.
- Expert in implementing End-to-End (E2E) automated test solutions for Agile Scrum cycles under Behavioral Driven Development (BDD) methodology.
- Implemented BDD using Cucumber-Java with Gherkin, Appium, Selenium Java, TestNg tools, while using Maven as build and dependency management tool.
- Designed and customized another BDD based automation framework with Perfecto QAF Quantum Framework, Page Factory, Selenium, TestNG and Extent Reporting integration.
- Expert in implementing mobile automation using Appium for mobile real devices or simulators
- Automated Native and Hybrid mobile applications using XCUITestDriver or iOSDriver for Apple iOS mobile/iPad devices and AndroidDriver or UIAutomationDriver for Android devices.
- Extensively utilized Advanced Java’s design patterns and OOP’s concepts, Spring Framework, Dependency Injection, Inversion of Control (IOC), data structures, fasterXml and Jackson Library to map JSON to POJOs using Object Mapper data binding, Reflection, Encapsulation, Abstraction, Singleton, Factory, Utility classes, Interfaces, Annotations and Enums Types etc.
- Designed Hybrid, Keyword, Data Driven and Modular Frameworks using Selenium and HP UFT.
- Expert in implementing Cross Browser, multiple platforms and parallel automation execution.
- Trained various batches of fresher automation testers on Selenium, HP UFT, VB Script and Descriptive Programming.
- Expert in all Agile project activities including Scrum, Acceptance or Story test driven development (ATDD)/(STDD), Relative Size Estimation, Sprint planning and execution, daily scrum, sprint review, sprint retrospective, Product Backlogs, Program Increments, Sprint Refining using both JIRA and Rally.
- Signed off multiple test releases while coordinating for all onsite and offshore model activities.
Test Automation Tools: Cucumber, Appium, Selenium, Applitools Image Based Testing, HP LeanFT, Winnium, AutoIT, Action and Robot classes, Juint, TestNG, HP - UFT or QTP, Perfecto, Sauce Labs, Maven, Jenkins, Eclipse and Intellij Idea IDEs
Other Testing Tools: SoapUI, Postman, Oracle SQL Developer, Toad for Oracle, JMeter, Extra Attachmate Xtreme (9.1) Terminal Emulator Mainframe testing tool
Test Management Tools: Test Rail, HP ALM / HP QC, JIRA, Rally, Confluence, XRAY, Requisite Pro, Z Tracker
Document and Code Management Tools: Bitbucket, Perforce P4V client, Source Safe, Git, SVN, VSS
Domain Knowledge: Banking, Telecom, Mobility Retail, Aviation, Tourism and Ticketing Retail Domain
Sr. QA Automation Consultant
- Mobile Automation tools: Xcode, Android Studio, Appium, ADB, XCUITestDriver, UI Automator2, Selenium, Java, TestNg
- Emulator/Simulator: iOS and Android Real Mobile Devices
- Multiple Device testing: AudibleMobileDevice Farm
- Source Code Management: Bitbucket
- Code Review: Code Reviewer, CRUX
- Build tools: Brazil Build, Brazil CLI, NPM, Terminal
- CI/CD pipeline: Jenkins
- Design Pattern: Page Object Model
- Improved the framework design to put classes logically, while following the OOPs concept to clean up the code and to remove duplicate codes.
- Increased the efficacy of the framework by switching from xpath to other much faster locator strategies like iOSClassChain or Page Objects, which increased the efficiency of the framework by 20%
- Enabled the test scripts to be executed without any failures on multiple devices and screen sizes on Confidential ’s AudibleMobileDeviceFarm.
- Validated both iOS and Android Mobile CI/CD pipeline nightly release run for failures
- Investigated the root cause of the failures and provided the solution for them Confidential framework level.
- Performed Code Reviews of the team to improve the overall code quality.
- Provided the client with qualitative and quantitative assessments of product quality.
Sr. QA Test Automation Consultant
- Cucumber-JVM, Gherkin, Appium, Selenium Java and Jackson POJO Object mapper bindings.
- Implemented Dependency Injection and Inversion of Control (IOC) using Java Spring framework, which made this framework the most easily extendable framework
- Developed a mechanism to share the state (context) and instance of Web Driver over multiple Scenarios or Feature files execution to enable continuous execution.
- Created JAVA Page Beans and configured Page Locators in JSON format for easy manipulation.
- Enabled this framework to easily read Locators and Configuration JSON files by mapping with corresponding POJOs using FasterXML Jackson Library.
- Enabled this framework to include both Mobile and Web applications automation using Appium dependencies, Selenium Remote WebDriver and desired capabilities.
- Developed easy connection to Perfecto Mobile Lab for iOS and Android Mobile Apps testing.
- Connected to cloud based Sauce Labs platform for cross browser and real device testing.
- Configured easy selection of Browser type and enabled Multi-Browsers and Parallel-Runs through user configuration selection files.
- Customized multiple Feature Files in a way that enabled sharing steps between various feature files by generating library Feature files.
- Implemented User-defined exception handling, Annotations and HTML Report generation.
- Maintained the code and script through Perforce P4V repository application.
- Created project deliverables including executions reports and automation dashboards.
- Helped all the agile project teams with Automation related issues while coaching them for using better automation framework practices and solutions.
- Lead the offshore and onshore team for automation tests tasks co-ordination.
QA Test Automation Lead
- Finalized test approach and estimated testing requirements for each sprint inline with Scrum agile development process.
- Implemented Behavioural Driven BDD Test Automation Framework for a web application using Perfecto QAF Quantum framework with Cucumber, Gherkin, Maven, TestNG, Selenium Web driver and Appium dependencies.
- Created a Page Object Factory for storing elements locators according to the application pages.
- Created Feature files using Cucumber Gherkin keywords and wrote various test scenarios.
- Implement customized classes to connect this framework with XRay and Extent reporting.
- Created JDBC database connection for backend database verification using sqlJDBC.jar and by implementing DataManager connection object and by retrieving the recordset array.
- Configured Cucumber Report Plugin to generate html test reports.
- Included PDF content verification using Apache PDFBoxJava library and used Applitools for visual image-based verification.
- Performed Proof of Concept (POC) for Implementing Mobile Automation solution for native iOS applications.
- Designed an Appium and Selenium Java based Hybrid Framework for Apple’s iOS iPad real device using XCUITest framework.
- Did the environment setup for Appium Mobile Automation by installing Facebook’s Web Driver Agent (WDA) on IPad using XCode IDE, Homebrew, Node, and Npm.
- Accessed the keywords and Locators from Excel Files directly using Java’s Apache’s POI - XSSF implementation.
- Produced end results of automation in sync with HP ALM using eConvegnce reports using extent reports server.
- Controlled versioning of Automation Scripts using Bit Bucket, Git and Source Tree tools.
- Ensured sign-off for multiple high-velocity releases to production.
- Appreciated by Confidential for overall delivery performance based on implementing excellent test strategies and timely delivery.
Automation Test Lead
- Devised test strategy to meet automation testing objectives set forward by the Client and conducted Proof of Concept (POC).
- Estimated testing Effort, prepared test schedule for prioritizing various testing activities.
- Implemented a Selenium Automation Framework for an e-commerce web application using the Page Object Model (POM) and Page Factory Model (PFM) and TestNG annotations.
- Setup automation environment Selenium Java library, TestNG and Maven Surefire plugin.
- Utilized UFT to develop a Hybrid automation framework for a Window-based application, with features like Dot NET Add-ins, .NET Add-in Extensibility Kit and UI Automation.
- Enabled automation to run for Multiple Data Sets and Multiple browsers testing.
- Implemented automation for SQL database connection, to fetch and verify data using ADODB Connection and Recordset Objects.
- Created reusable generic and application functions script to improve the robustness, re-usability, and maintainability of the test scripts.
- Created user manuals like Framework Design Document and Scripting Guidelines document.
- Successfully delivered the code after complete UAT testing Confidential SDC Singapore client location.
Automation Test Specialist
- Leadthe testing activities while working in an agile methodology context.
- Worked with management, developers, and QA team to understand testing objectives.
- Estimated testing effort and prepared schedule for various test automation activities.
- Created a Hybrid Framework using UFT - 12.2, which included Keyword and Data Driven architecture.
- Evaluated Regression pack and selected appropriate test cases for automation.
- Created automation scripts to run them for multiple data iterations and to generate results in a Text file, Excel, Word and HTML formats.
- Reported automation test progress and shared automation deliverables in a periodic manner to the client.
- Prepared Automation Guide document to explain the framework structure and its usage.
Senior Test Engineer
- Implemented a Hybrid Framework based on Selenium Java for a Customer Ordering, Approval and Billing System of Telecom Domain.
- Developed reusable generic and application specific functions that can be used anywhere in the test scripts.
- Designed the framework to take Locators from Property Files and test steps from Excel files for easy update of the data.
- Generated reports from the Quality Center and shared these as deliverables to the clients.
- Executed automated Sanity testing and regression test suits Confidential the end of each release.
- CreatedProof of Concept(POC) to verify automation feasibility for Mainframe based Customer History Check and Approval application using QTP Terminal Emulator Add-ins.
- Designed a Hybrid Framework which was driven by data and function level keywords
- Generated VB Automation test scripts and test data using QTP 11, UFT 11.5
- Utilized HP UFT Integrated Environment such as Object Repositories, Actions, Data Tables, Check Points, Synchronization, Recovery Scenarios and Methods.
- Executed scripts via the Test Lab module and updated the results directly into Quality Center (HP QC).
- Executed SQL queries using ADODB objects to fetch the data from this Excel
- Used both Shared object repository as well asDescriptive programming.
- Used SVN to keep the automation results and other test artifacts.
- Awarded “Pat on the Back” by the Client for making Mainframe Automation feasible.