- Information Technology professional with over 6+ years of Software QA Manual, Automation, and backend Testing.
- Extensive experience on complete STLC for QA testing covering both manual, automation and mobile app. Hands - on experience in developing test coverage document, implementing the test procedure, test techniques and test resources
- Knowledge and experience in every phase of STLC, SDLC and standard test process guide for QA methodologies- Agile and Waterfall
- Excellent workability in a multi-tasking environment where parallel releases run together for multiple projects in Web-based, Client /Server of Windows, Linux, Oracle, SQL Server for Financial, Insurance and E-commerce industries
- Expert building test automation framework using Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, Cucumber, Maven, and Page Factory for Page Object Model (POM)
- Experienced in Object-Oriented Programming (OOP) using Java and implemented Inheritance, Polymorphism, Encapsulation, Abstraction, and Java Collections
- Experience Native and Hybrid mobile app testing manually.
- Expert on test execution using Continuous Integration (CI) tool Jenkins
- Using Jenkins for nightly build execution and sending status mail if the build fails to the QA team.
- Participated in the development of test plans to include the scope of testing, test objectives, test approach, test data, and test estimations.
- Expert in testing techniques such as smoke, black box, functional, Non-functional, boundary, regression test, end-to-end test, positive & negative test, and integration test, UI, database test and UAT
- Expert in analyzing requirement is to writing test strategy, test plans, test cases, traceability matrix, QC metrics, QC report and status reporting to Lead, PM, and Client
- Entered, re-tested, resolved defects, changed defect status, and generated reports in ALM/HP Quality Center, and JIRA
- Extensive testing experience in writing and executing SQL queries in Oracle and SQL Server
- Energetic self-starter with excellent analytical and organizational skills. Achieves goals, objectives, and milestones in an accurate and consistent manner.
- I possess excellent interpersonal, written, verbal communication skills and strong analytical, problem-solving, decision-making skills.
- Capability to adapt and learn new tools, techniques, and approaches
- Strong communicator and skillful in working closely with customers to identify and resolve problems.
- Expert quality assurance tester with experience in detailed technical specifications. Expertise in test reporting and defect resolution.
- Driven QA professional offering a dynamic understanding of manual and automated testing strategies. Performance-focused quality assurance test professional with in-depth project management expertise.
Languages: Java, HTML, JSON, XML
Testing Tools: Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, Cucumber, Jenkins, Postman, API
Databases: Oracle, SQL Server, MS Access
Operating Systems: Linux, Windows, Mac
Confidential, Buffalo, NY
QA Automation Engineer
- Participated in peer reviews of software requirements, designs and test procedures.
- Documented test plans and test cases corresponding to business rules and requirements
- Experience in writing test plans, test cases/scenarios, test strategy and analyzing test results.
- Good understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle and role of QA.
- Performed System, UAT, Functional, Cross Browser and Retesting.
- Work closely with Test Lead during the Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC) by ensuring full test coverage of the assigned test cases
- Maintained and executed test cases and test scripts using JIRA.
- Preparation of test cases based on requirements using Jira and involved in internal and external test case reviews.
- Reported & tracked the bugs, performed E-mail notifications to the developers using the JIRA. Tracked the defects using JIRA and generated defect summary reports.
- Experience in using Selenium Web driver, Eclipse, Java and TestNG frameworks in creating test scripts, Annotation, Parameterization, Data providers, Test suites and HTML reports.
- Developed BDD tests using Cucumber by writing behavior and step definitions & developed required Selenium support code in JAVA for Cucumber.
- Involved in GUI testing, functional testing, Regression testing, Load testing, End to End testing, Cross Browser testing, User Acceptance Testing and Database testing
- Strong experience in data validation and manipulation in SQL Server databases using SQL queries.
- Provided back-end testing for data validation using complex SQL Queries joining multiple tables Developed complex SQL scripts for Oracle database using SQL Developer
- Wrote and optimized test cases to maximize the success of manual software testing with consistent, thorough approaches
- Debugged code and located root causes of problems by reviewing configuration files and logs
- Proposed improvements to development and testing processes to positively impact usability, function, and performance
- Collaborated with developers and project managers to assess program capabilities, features and testing demands
Confidential, Bloomfield, CT
Quality Assurance Analyst
- Participated in release planning, sprint planning, retrospective, and daily scrum for agile scrum development.
- Extensively worked throughout the defect life cycle from opening to closure using JIRA and ALM.
- Developed Behavior Driven Development (BDD) scripts with Cucumber and written step definitions for behavior.
- Used Gherkin Syntax to test the behavior of the Application (BDD) using Cucumber with Selenium (WebDriver).
- Involved in planning, preparing, creating, debugging, and running automated test scripts in Selenium WebDriver using Java, Maven, GIT, JUnit framework.
- Developed Data driven, Keyword driven test framework with Page Object Model (POM) approach.
- Used TestNG, Apache POI frameworks to develop test suite and Data Driven Testing.
- Cross-Browser Testing was involved for browser compatibility.
- Analyzed automated test results, maintained, and sent reports to the management.
- Conducted different types of testing (smoke, black box, functional, integration, UI, regression, UAT, etc.) for Web and Client-Server based applications.
- Performed mobile app and mobile web testing for Android and iOS devices.
- Developed and executed tests for usability testing, interface testing, low level resource testing, service testing, and compatibility testing for mobile devices.
- Developed Oracle SQL Queries to validate data from the database tables and performed Back-End Testing.
- Developed an automated test framework in Selenium and deployed source code to GitHub.
- Used Jenkins for continuous integration and development.
- Reviewed along with the team all necessary documents and ensured that all scripts and documents are updated.
- Prepared test strategy and test schedule for new, upgraded application and services.
- Identified, tracked, resolved all defects, and ensured resolution prior to implementation of software.
- Supported and worked with the team to prioritize work requests and reported issues/results on a daily/weekly basis.
- Coordinated with management, development team, operations, and clients for any outstanding issues and ensured the implementation of software in the correct environment.
- Presented drawings to project managers and incorporated recommended changes
- Kept the project on schedule and within budget.
- Led project scheduling and budgeting to successfully and quickly complete engineering projects
- Verified construction documentation conformed to quality assurance standards and client requirements
- Documented meeting minutes and distributed to staff to facilitate follow-up and permanent record
Confidential, Woodbridge Township, NJ
QA Manual Tester
- Developing and maintaining overall test methodology and strategy, Documenting Test plans, Test cases and editing, executing Tests cases and Test scripts Using Manual, Analyzed User Requirements and Technical Specifications.
- Created Test plan & Script, Defect Management Templates; Created Initial test plan and developed test cases and test scripts manually.
- Used Quality Center to store all testing results, metrics, created Test Cases, and Reporting.
- Reviewed Business requirements, IT Design documents and prepared Test Plans which involved various Test Cases for all assigned modules/projects; Review Test Requirements, Creating Test Plans and Test Strategy documents.
- Developed a Defects Tracking Log for the SharePoint Site to track defects while testing.
- Involved in Smoke testing, Sanity testing, Unit Testing, UAT testing, Regression Testing and Functional testing.
- Daily update and managed offshore team.