- An IT Expert with 5 years of experience as a Software Quality Assurance Analyst/Engineer in different domain including Insurance.
- Ability to excel and succeed in diverse environment and projects with strong determination, dedication, and inclination towards customer satisfaction.
- Worked in all phases of software development life cycle (SDLC), includes Implementation, Documentation, testing on internet - based e-business application and Client-Server applications.
- In-depth knowledge of all QA phases like Manual, Functional, System, Integration, End-to-end, Business Process testing, User Acceptance Testing (UAT), Ad-Hoc Testing.
- Have excellent understanding of the SDLC and hand-held projects using Agile and Waterfall Methodology.
- Expertise in preparing Test Strategy, Test Plan, Test Summary Reports and Test Scripts for Manual and Automated Testing, expert in Writing and Executing the Test cases, analyzing the Test results and Defects Tracking.
- Proficient in designing, reviewing and documenting system test plans, defining test procedures and creating test cases on the basis of product releases features, client’s requirements and related technical documents.
- Strong Business expertise in Requirements Analysis utilizing Automated tools to import and document specifications.
- Expert in ALM design specific to Quality Center for Testing and Defect Tracking.
- Thoroughly Cross browser tested projects to support MS IE/Edge, Firefox, Safari, Opera and Chrome.
- Experienced in automating regression suite using QTP/UFT, descriptive programming & VBScript.
- Design & developed Data Driven & Keyword Driven Framework using QTP/UFT & VBScript to validate test case against different data set.
- Extensive work experience in MS Excel for data manipulation & validation using Excel built in Function as well as Excel Macro using VBScript.
- Proficient in Functional Testing and GUI Testing of web and mobile applications to meet the business requirements.
- Extensive knowledge on mobile application testing.
- Strong knowledge on Web Service/Restful Service & Hands on experience in validating Web Services using SoapUI.
- Extensively used SoapUI to test Web Service/Rest API.
- Experienced in web service validation using SoapUI pro. Used assertion in SoapUI to validate response XML.
- Worked extensively on RDBMS databases Oracle, SQL, MS SQL Server 2000, MS Access and MySQL.
- Experienced in Back-End testing to ensure data consistency on front-end by writing and executing SQL queries.
- Extensive working knowledge in UNIX/Linux environment to analyze log file & to monitor process.
- Possess strong technical aptitude with strong analytical, problem solving and communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple assignments concurrently.
- An effective communicator committed team player, quick learner and rapid problem solver with commitment and a strong work ethic and ability to quickly adapt to new environments.
- Critical thinker, pragmatic, analytical, problem solver and excellent communicator.
- Able to come up to speed quickly and handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
Operating System: Windows, MAC OS, LINUX
Database: MS SQL SERVER 2000/2005, Oracle 10g, DB2
Client: Toad, SQL Developer, Rapid SQL, Putty, SSH Client, Win SCP
Application Server: Apache, Apache Tom Cat, IIS, Web Logic
Testing Tools: QTP (Quick Test Professional) 11/UFT, SoapUI 4.5, Load Runner
Bug Tracking System: Quality Center/ ALM, JIRA, Version One
Functional Test Tools: Load Runner 9.52, Selenium RC, Selenium WebDriver, WinRunner
Languages: Java, C, PL/SQL, SQL, Visual Basic
Office Tools: MS Office Suite, MS Project, Microsoft Share Point
QA Automation Engineer
Confidential - Bloomington, IL
- Analyzed Business Requirements Document, Functional Requirements Document, Use Cases and provided feedback for clear understanding.
- Expertise in writing down Test Plan Document.
- Worked as a Functional Test Engineer and have implemented life cycle of QA Methodologies from Test Planning, Test Preparation, Test Executing, Defect Reporting and Tracking till closure.
- Worked on Confidential ’s Risk UAT team for their Auto Insurance Application which was operated in Agile environment.
- Test the application on mobile devices as well i.e. Android and iPad on the mobile application itself and through the web browser.
- Worked on mobile testing compatibility using device anywhere.
- Proficient on Automation tools like Selenium WebDriver/RC/IDE/GRID, QTP (Functional & Regression Testing), TestNG, Junit, Ant, Maven, Jenkins, Hudson, Jbehave, Cucumber, and SOAP UI Pro for testing Client Server and Web based Applications.
- Involved in acceptance testing using Cucumber and Selenium WebDriver.
- Identified test cases to automate and automated those test cases using Selenium RC, TestNG and Java (Eclipse IDE), contributed in framework creation.
- Experienced in TestNG, Junit, Data Driven, Keyword Driven Frameworks in Selenium.
- Experienced in using Selenium RC for testing different browser, Selenium Grid for checking instance of server and Selenium IDE for record and playback
- Involved in Automation Infrastructure Development using Selenium.
- Created Test cases using Element locators and Selenium Web Driver Methods.
- Execution of Selenium Test cases and reporting defects.
- CI/CDtesting practices using Jenkins
- Involved in Functionality Testing, Smoke Testing, Regression Testing, System Testing, Black Box Testing, Integration Testing, User Acceptance Testing (UAT), Ad-Hoc Testing End-to-End, Black box and database testing.
- Assisted Users and Business Analysts in completing User Acceptance Test (UAT).
- Involved in preparing Test Strategy, Test Approach, QA Batch plans, QA sign off documents for quarterly and monthly release.
- Estimating the QA efforts on every release for client approval.
- Handled all the QA sign off activities with Business, Client and Analyst team.
- Worked on Agile software development environment where performed testing in each sprint, with daily scrum meetings; stand up meetings, burn-down charts, presentations and review.
- Worked extensively in Risk Control Self-Assessment (RCSA) System for identifying, prioritizing and monitoring operational risk.
- Analyzed & tested different Process, Activity, Risk and Control.
- Worked closely with Product owners and developers on concurrentMobiledevelopment projects to validate and testmobile applications.
- Managed test execution for web applications and mobile apps across IOS and Android.
- Performed regression, functional, integration, positive and negative testing on the enhanced features of mobile application.
- Product Management and Product support thoroughly Cross browser tested projects to support IE7+, Firefox, Safari, Opera and Chrome
- Developed and enhanced VBScript external functions and integrated with UFT automation regression framework for continuous integration testing.
- Execute SQL commands to verify the database updates.
- Executed SQL queries using SQL developer tool to perform data validation.
- Maintaining the automation files, code, web services and resources in GitHub.
- Expertise in API testing using SoapUI Pro. Extensively used SoapUI to test Web Service/Rest API.
- Tested customer information API using SoapUI Pro as a part of API testing.
- Verified different web service using SoapUI as a part of API testing.
- Developed test suite, test cases, execute test cases and generate report in SoapUI.
- Performed XML data validation using assertion method in SoapUI.
- Created web service request chain tests for orchestrated and complex choreographed SOA validation and UAT for quality measured approach for web service integration in enterprise.
- Developed & executed test cases using ALM Quality Center.
- Logged and managed defect using ALM Quality Center.
Environment: Agile, Mainframe, UFT, VBScript, Excel Macro, SQL Server 2012, SoapUI, XML, Linux, Web Services, Quality Central/ALM, Selenium Web-Driver, Microsoft Office, GIT.
- Followed Agile /Scrum Methodology, involving daily scrum meetings and sprint cycles consisting of 2-4 weeks of Sprint Cycles.
- Participated in Sprint Planning and Sprint reviews conducted by Scrum Master.
- Wrote detailed Test Cases from User Stories provided as Post-IT notes containing Product Backlogs during daily scrum meetings.
- Executed Test cases from the Product Backlog based on the order of completion as assigned by the Product Owner.
- Wrote and Executed Test Cases for the following using Negative and Positive scenarios in HP QC.
- Identified test cases for Sanity testing based on the business priority.
- Wrote and Executed Smoke test on the received build to validate the stability of the build.
- Wrote and executed test cases from Quality Center to perform Functionality, GUI, Usability and System Integration Testing.
- Performed Backend testing by extensively using SQL queries to verify the integrity of the database: Create, Replace, Update, Delete and Joins.
- Mapped both Test Scenarios and Test Cases to Requirements in HP QC using Requirement Trace-ability Matrix.
- Logged defects using Quality Center.
- Retested defects and made necessary updates in Quality Center.
- Successfully Triaged Defects after consulting with the Dev Team and wrote detailed Defect Reports when required.
- Created testing metrics to show testing progress using HP QC and Excel.
- Followed Agile /Scrum Methodology, involving daily scrum meetings and sprint cycles consisting of 2-4 weeks of Sprint Cycles
- Performed Business Requirements Analysis from Stake holders.
- Decomposed business requirements into Features and User Stories based on the functionality of the AUT.
- Participated in Sprint Planning and Sprint reviews.
- Analyzed areas that required automation for feedback and ensured that shorter feedback cycles were used to lower the costs involved in automation cycles.
- Performed backend testing of database using SQL for validation of queries using TOAD. Also used SQL queries to check for integrity of data and to make sure the information retrieved for each customer is accurate.
- Used Selenium IDE, Fire Bug in Fire Fox for Identifying Web Elements, DOM XPaths, HTML, and CSS, Selense Commands (Actions, Accessors and Assertions) for documenting Test cases.
- Developed test scripts using Selenium Web Driver, Java, Test NG in Eclipse to test web pages by automating frameworks.
- Automated Frameworks in Selenium Web Driver using POM (Page Object Model) Framework (by writing all the functionalities / reusable components of a page that require automation into a separate class) the advantage of POM framework over others is that when changes in UI the Test Code does need to be updated again.
- Defect Management and Triage in JIRA.
- Responsible for delivering a defect free and robust product before release.
Environment: Selenium Web Driver, IDE, Eclipse, Mozilla FF, Google Chrome, Windows 7, Oracle 11g, TOAD, Core Java.
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes