Sr Automation Test Engineer Resume
- Have 8 years of experience in Information Technology industry with emphasis on Software Quality Assurance. Background includes analysis, design, development, testing and maintenance of Complete Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC) projects.
- Expert in developing Java Selenium WebDriver/RC/IDE/GRID test scripts and Test Frameworks using TestNG/Junit, ANT/MAVEN build tools.
- Expertise in analyzing business specifications for design and development of Test plans, Test Cases, Test Environment, Test Sets, Requirement Traceability Matrix and Defect Reports.
- Have experience in Functional, Integration, System, Regression, Load, Stress, Performance, User Acceptance and Deployment Testing.
- Expertise in manual testing includes Requirements Analysis, writing Test plans, Test Cases and Requirements Traceability Matrix.
- Strong experience in cross browser, cross platform web testing with Selenium RC and WebDriver.
- Executed SOAP based web services for API testing (Java client and Soap UI).
- Proficient in using Test management tool HP QC/ALM for Test Planning, Test Designing, Test Analysis, Test Execution, Defect Tracking and Reporting.
- Expertise in documenting defects with high level of detail, accuracy, and informative recreation steps using Quality Center, JIRA, IBM Clear Quest, BugZilla.
- Extensive experience in Java, Ruby, Groovy, Python, C#, JSON, HTML, XML
- Extensive knowledge in Protractor framework for Applications developed with Angular JS
- Good Knowledge on automation framework in Selenium WebDriver using Behavior - Driven (BDD) approach in Cucumber framework with Gherkin
- Good Exposure in implementing Agile Methodologies and Waterfall Methodologies in Testing Projects.
- Successfully Tested projects developed in Java, J2EE on UNIX and Windows based platforms.
- Expertise in data driven tests using SQL and Database/Backend Testing and extracted data from different databases and verified.
- Experience in executing jobs on UNIX platform.
- Good documentation skills; created Test case documents for Unit Test, System Test and Integration and Post implementation testing.
- Captured Test results and documented the results for all the test cases with supporting screen shots and files.
- Exposure to Finance, Retail and Insurance Domains.
- Exposure to Test automation tool QTP/UFT.
- Expertise in Problem solving and Bug Reports using Bug Tracking Tools.
- Experience in writing SQL Queries, Oracle and DB2.
- Experience on Web Services testing by generating XML SOAP requests and validated the corresponding XML SOAP responses using SOAP UI Tool.
- Good experience in analyzing changes and identifying areas of the application to be regression tested.
- Expertise in preparation of test metrics and various reports like Daily and Weekly status reports, test execution report and test summary report.
- Versatile team player with excellent analytical, inter-personnel and presentation skill with ability to quickly adapt to new technologies & project environments.
- Ability to effectively multitask, meet deadlines, adapt to different project environments, flexible and positive attitude and an excellent team player.
Testing Tools: Selenium WebDriver/RC/IDE/GRID, Protractor, Junit, TestNG, HP QC/ALM, JMeter, JBehave, Test Plan Manager, Test Director, SOAP UI
Methodologies: Agile/Scrum, Waterfall
Bug Reporting Tool: JIRA, HP Quality Center, BugZilla, Visual Studio TFS
Frameworks: Junit, TestNG, TDD, BDD, Data- Driven Development
Built Tools: ANT, Maven
Continuous Integration Tools: Jenkins, Hudson, Subversion, GitHub
RDBMS: SQL Server, MySQL, MS-Access, Oracle.
Platforms: Windows, UNIX, LINUX, Mac OS
Confidential, Plano, TX
Sr Automation Test Engineer
- Developed Test Cases and Procedures based on User requirement specifications and System requirement specifications.
- Involved in Performing Functional testing, Regression testing, System testing, Integration testing, Security testing, Configuration testing, GUI testing and User Acceptance testing.
- Setup and Configured the testing environment with Eclipse, TestNG, Selenium WebDriver and Selenium Java Client Driver.
- Identified test cases to automate. Automate those test cases using Selenium WebDriver, TestNG and Java (Eclipse IDE)
- Written and executed Selenium tests for automation testing of the web application using Selenium IDE and WebDriver.
- Created user defined functions in Java and implemented the functionality with Selenium.
- Implemented assertions, error collector functionalities for better validation using TestNG.
- Involved in the Continuous Integration of the automation framework with Jenkins.
- Created Test plan, High level scenarios, test case construction and test estimates, resource estimates and weekly status reports.
- Responsible for implementation of Hybrid Test Automation Framework build using Selenium WebDriver, TestNG and Maven technologies under Java platform.
- Developed automated tests for continuous regression testing and reducing manual testing using Selenium, TestNG and Maven.
- Designed and developed Page Objects using Page Object Design Pattern and Selenium WebDriver.
- Involved in implementation of Test Automation Framework build using Selenium WebDriver, protractor to handle Angular JS
- Integrated Automation scripts (Selenium WebDriver API) in Continuous Integration tools (Jenkins) for nightly batch run of the Script.
- Used Selenium WebDriver for writing test scripts for regression test coverage.
- Used Xpath and DOM to work with dynamic and static objects in Selenium.
- Executed the Test Cases to verify actual results to expected results.
- Designed and developed test structure for web services to validate API calls using SOAP UI.
- Used SOAP UI tool, to create a Web Service Test from SOAP request and validate the response against the database.
- Writing libraries and test scripts in Python for the automation testing
- Wrote scripts in Phyton for extracting data from HTML file
- Developed Data Driven Tests using XML and Properties files.
- Used Ruby Mine IDE and wrote Gherkins/scenarios and generated step definitions and methods using ruby / cucumber, for different functionalities of the above applications.
- Implemented Modular Framework for Selenium based scripts.
- Managed Test results and defects using JIRA defect tracking tool.
- Developed and executed SQL queries in the database to conduct Data integrity testing by checking the data tables on the server.
- Worked with Developers, Business analysts and Project managers to determine requirements (H/W specs, Test Cases, Test Data).
- Participated in Agile software testing process with regular QA meetings to discuss major features of the application, test cases to write and execute.
Environment: Java, Selenium WebDriver/IDE, Ruby, Gherkins, Python, Anglar JS, Junit, Jenkins, Ant, SOAP UI, Xpath, Eclipse, Subversion, HTML, CSS, XML, JIRA, MS Office, SQL, Oracle, Windows.
Confidential, Madison, NJ
Automation Test Analyst
- Analyze the Business Requirements and closely work with the Business Team to get the clarifications addressed
- Run Defect Triaging and Review the Test Scenarios/ Test Cases with Business.
- Designed, executed and maintained Selenium Web Driver, TESTNG, automated test cases for regression test cases.
- Performed parameterization of the automated test scripts in Selenium to check how the application performs against multiple sets of data.
- Contributed in developing Automation Framework that uses Java, Selenium Web Driver and TestNG.
- Wrote automation test cases and fixing automation script bugs.
- Selected the Test Cases to be automated and performed functional testing of the front end using Selenium (IDE and Web Driver) & created Data Driven framework using JUnit.
- Created Test Scripts in SOAU UI and Restful for Testing Web Services.
- Executed parallel browser testing on various machines using Selenium Grid and performed cross browser testing.
- Planning for Test Execution activities to accomplish tasks on daily/weekly basis.
- Worked with end users to generate UAT scripts and to successful completion of UAT testing.
- Performed browser compatibility testing.
- Involved in the regression test planning for the project and identified the critical regression tests.
- Executed the automated regression test cases during every release and also executed the daily regression test suites.
- Working experience on daily status reporting & managed end to end testing.
Environment: Selenium WebDriver, HP QC/ALM, Java, Java Script, HTML, CSS, SOAP UI, REST, Test NG, TOAD, SVN, Maven, Jenkins, Agile, SQL, Oracle, Windows.
Jr QA Manual tester
- Worked as a Quality Assurance manual tester
- Involved in Testing in Agile Development Environment.
- Involved in developing Test plan and Test scripts using the business documents in HP ALM.
- Analyzed all the documents, Functional Specification Documents, Business Requirement Documents.
- Developed the status reports and involved in the scrum meetings.
- Developed Test Plans and Test Cases from the functional requirement document and scheduled the test case execution.
- Created and documented the Test Designs for each functional area mentioned in Test Plans.
- Reviewed the Test Designs with QA team members and technical analysts.
- Created test cases to check user interface related bugs and invalid file type inputs from the front end.
- Used the HP Quality Center (QC) defect tracking system, to report and analyze defects during the entire testing process.
- Worked in complete defect life cycle, Requirement traceability matrix (RTM)
- Developed and executed test cases and verified actual results with expected results.
- Performed regression testing, Smoke testing, functional testing, UAT.
- Create reports to the developers with detailed report to fix the defects with the priority.
- Tested extensive backend testing using SQL Queries to retrieve the data from the database and checked data integrity.
- Field comparison, data validation, tested the functionalities of the requirement.
- Performed End-to-End testing manually and was associated with User Acceptance Testing.
Environment: SQL, Agile, RTM, UAT, HP QC ALM.
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes