Sr Automation Engineer (sdet) Resume
- Around 8 years of experience in Full Stack automation testing which includes GUI Automation (Unified Functional Testing, Selenium WebDriver, Appium, Cypress and Katalon Studio), API Automation (Rest Assured, Postman).
- Experience in different phases of Software Testing and Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Experience wif open - source tools such as Selenium (Selenium IDE, Selenium RC, Selenium Web driver and Selenium Grid).
- Experience in designing Test Automation Strategy and Automation Framework like Page Object Model.
- Hands on experience using Excel (Apache POI) for Data Driven Development testing frameworks.
- Expertise in email validations using Java Mail API.
- Expertise in creating BDD and TDD driven test framework.
- Experience in using JUNIT & TestNG test frameworks in creating test scripts, test suites, HTML reports.
- Strong Experience in building API Automation Framework using REST Assured, TestNG, JUNIT Maven & Cucumber.
- Experienced in configuring Cucumber Report Plugin to generate html test reports.
- Hands on experience in using build and project management tools like MAVEN.
- Performed Continuous Integration automation using Jenkins, Git and Secure-coding using SonarQube and Fortify.
- Experience in preparing test data for positive and negative testing and identified critical bugs in teh product early in teh test execution cycle.
- Strongly experienced in Manual and Automation testing using tools including TOSCA, POSTMAN, SWAGGER, SOAP UI, LISA.
- Hands on Experience in Performance testing using JMeter and Load Runner.
- Expertise in writing SQL Queries and performing Database testing including data integrity and data validation testing.
- Experienced in developing Keyword-Driven, Data Driven, TDD, Behavior driven & Hybrid Framework using Selenium WebDriver and Java.
- Implemented Scenario outlines and Step Definitions using Gherkin in Cucumber for BDD.
- Expertise in Test Management Tools like HP ALM, TestRail, Zephyr, QTest and JIRA.
- Experience on Agile (SAFe), Waterfall and V-model methodologies.
- Good knowledge on Appium Emulators and IOS simulators.
- Experience in using teh AWS services like S3 bucket, and EC2 for teh implementing and executing automation testcases.
- Experienced in executing SIT (System Integration Testing) and supporting UAT (User Acceptance Testing).
- Experience in Black Box Testing Techniques - Boundary Value Analysis and Equivalence Portioning.
- Participated in requirement review meetings, analyzing requirements, developing test plan and test cases, Requirement Traceability Matrix, Defect Management, Reporting and Tracking.
- Proficient in analyzing Business Requirements, Functional and Technical specifications, User Requirements, Performing GAP Analysis and Test estimation.
- Good at multi-tasking and quick learner.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving wif strong communication skills.
Testing Tools/Frameworks: Selenium WebDriver, UFT, JBehave, Cucumber, Appium, Cypress, TOSCA, Katalon Studio, TestNG, JUNIT, Load Runner, JMeter, Postman, Swagger, SOAP UI, LISA, REST Assured, Test Cafe.
Test Management Tools: HP QC ALM, TestRail, QTest, QC, Rally and JIRA.
Programming Languages: C, JAVA, Ruby, Java Script, HTML, CSS, Node JS, Groovy.
Scripting Languages: VB Script, Shell, Python, Perl, Groovy.
Databases: Oracle, TOAD, Microsoft SQL server, MySQL.
IDE's: Eclipse, IntelliJ, My Eclipse, VSC.
Source Control: TFS, Git, GitHub, Bit Bucket.
Other Tools: Kibana, Docker, Kubernetes, Splunk, AWS, Rally, BrowserStack, Grid.
Confidential - Elkridge, MD
Sr Automation Engineer (SDET)
- Understanding and analyzing teh business requirements and testcases given by functional QA’s, Technical Project Manager and Software Architect.
- Designed hybrid framework wif Page Object Model using Selenium WebDriver, Maven, Cucumber and Java to implement GUI automation.
- Designed a framework to implement API automation using Rest-Assured.
- Developed regression, integration and smoke GUI test scripts using JAVA and Groovy.
- Automated teh legacy applications to validate teh sync wif new application and databases.
- Automated teh file exports validation using Java Watch Service API.
- Experience in using backend Database validation using SQL queries.
- Responsible for creating teh JSON files for API test scenarios.
- Created test suites for each specific team and sent individual reports from single framework using maven profiling and Custom HTML Reports.
- Developed BDD tests using Cucumber by writing behaviors and step definitions. Developed required Selenium support code in JAVA for Cucumber.
- Implemented Scenario outlines and Step Definitions using Gherkin in Cucumber for BDD.
- Automated AngularJS application module using protractor by writing java scripts and Used Jasmine as unit testing framework.
- Supported and automated Node JS application module using Test Cafe to perform end to end testing.
- Scripted and executed various performance and stress testing scripts using JMeter, uploaded scripts in Blaze Meter and sharing teh report to appropriate team, monitored teh performance details in AWS cloud EC2 instances and halped in improving teh response times of pages.
- Created dashboards for QA Engineers to monitor teh test cases count.
- Introduced Test Management Tool - Zephyr for JIRA and integrated teh tool wif automation scripts using Zephyr APIs ZAPI to update results and view dashboards.
- Codebase is version controlled in GIT and migrated to VSTS.
- Used JIRA to track teh defects and create bugs.
- Performed Parallel and Cross Browser testing on different browsers like Internet Explorer, Chrome, Safari and Firefox where multiple tests were run at teh same time using BrowserStack and Grid.
- Captured snapshots and video records of teh failed scripts using Cucumber Report plugin.
- Worked on Continuous integration tool Jenkins to trigger teh automation scripts.
- Created jobs in Jenkins and scheduled nightly jobs for daily Regression testing.
- Designed reporting system to send reports to team members automatically after teh job run in Jenkins.
- Worked on code review and approved pull requests created by other associates.
- Actively participating in backlog refinement grooming, planning and Review sessions.
- Providing daily status in SCRUM and sprint feedback in retrospectives.
Confidential - Morrisville, NC
Automation Test Engineer
- Developed and Executed Test Scripts using Selenium WebDriver, TestNG and analyzed Test Results.
- Implemented Hybrid automation framework wif Selenium WebDriver.
- Used Firebug, Fire Path to debug, edit and locate teh objects based on ID, Name, XPath, CSS Selector, Link, Partial Link, Attributes and Tags.
- Performed functional testing to identify various critical points in teh application and automated it by using Selenium WebDriver wif TestNG.
- Created Test plan, Test cases, Test procedures and Test reports.
- Performed Parallel and Cross Browser testing on different browsers like Internet Explorer, Chrome, Safari and Firefox where multiple tests were run at teh same time.
- Prepared user documentation wif screenshots for UAT (User Acceptance testing) using Selenium Screenshots.
- Used Apache POI to read data from Excel sheet.
- Used Parameters, Data Provider TestNG annotations to perform regression and functional testing.
- Performed Integration and Regression testing to check compatibility of new functionality wif teh existing functionalities of teh application using Selenium.
- Involved in grouping of Test Cases, Test Methods and Test Suites using TestNG annotations.
- Performed functional testing of RESTFUL Web Services using SOAP UI Tool. Passed Assertions in Groovy scripting using Restful API.
- Created Filters and Assertions wif in iTKO Lisa to extract teh desired values from response and validate dat teh actual response meets teh expected response.
- Stored teh flow details of Selenium Automation in a file using Log4j.
- Maintained teh Java and selenium test source code and resources in teh GIT source control repository tool.
- Scripted teh Test cases and managed teh framework dependency jars using Maven.
- Performed continuous integration (CI/CD) of code and scripts using Jenkins.
- Extensively worked on Jenkins by installing, configuring and maintaining for continuous integration (CI) and for End-to-End automation for all build and deployments.
- Configured and launched builds using Jenkins jobs and analyzed teh Test Results from Jenkins UI.
- Worked wif developers to update teh defects, resolve them and track their status using Rally.
- Handled distributed testing on cloud and on-premise systems.
- Conducted team meetings, prepared test plan and Work assignments.
- Reviewed teh release deliverables created by teh team members.
- Participated QA weekly meetings and various other meetings and discusses enhancement and modification request issues and defects in teh application.
- Assessed & analyzed user stories and participated in Sprint planning, Review Sessions & Scrum Meetings.
Environment: Selenium IDE, Selenium WebDriver, Apache POI, Auto IT, Java, HTML, CSS, XML, XPath, Windows, SQL Server, Maven, SOAPUI, LISA, TestNg, IntelliJ, Jenkins, Bit Bucket, Rally.
Confidential - Chicago, IL
- Gatheird requirements by working closely wif Client and documented it.
- Designed a test strategy and test plan.
- Attended daily scrums and updated teh status.
- Created teh user stories and assigned tasks to QA team.
- Developed detailed test plan, test cases and test scripts using Quality Center (QC) for Functional and Regression Testing.
- Developed unit test scripts using Cucumber framework.
- Worked on SQL statements in checking teh validity of teh Backend.
- Developed test scripts to automate teh regression test cases of teh web application using page object model approach.
- Setup testing environment and maintain framework using Maven.
- Build, inspire and manage teh QA automation team dat consists of onshore and offshore resources.
- Integration wif different test management tools and CI/CD.
- Reported teh bugs in teh application by creating a defect and assigning it to teh developer.
- Performed End to End Testing and involved in User Acceptance Testing.
- Involved in Brainstorming sessions, retrospections, Iteration Planning meetings, Daily standups and Backlog grooming meetings.
- Responsible for Smoke, Functional, Graphic User Interface, Regression Testing, Negative and Positive testing, testing manually on teh first release of teh application.
- Conducted weekly meetings wif QA team for code review and updating teh test plan.
- Responsible for writing Test Scripts, Test flows and Test Performance documents, using MS Word and MS Excel.
- Engaged in implementing QA methodology and Test Metrics.
- Expertise in Smoke Testing for overnight builds and reported teh critical issues to teh developers.
- Associated in documentation as to how to maintain and run scripts for future Enhancements.
- Prepared a detailed test schedule and test metrics on a weekly basis to know teh status of teh application.
- Interacted wif users for execution of test cases in UAT.
- Constantly involved in teh team to adopt QA Testing Standards. Logged and Tracked defects using Test Director.
- Attended weekly status meetings showing progress and future testing efforts.
- Detect defects, communicated to teh developers using bug reporting tools and tracking teh defects.
- Actively attend meetings wif fellow testers and other groups to evaluate teh progress and performance of teh application.
Environment: Java, Test Director, UAT, Windows XP, MS Access and MS Excel.
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes