Qa Tester Resume
- Over 9+ years of experience as Sr. ETL Quality Analyst in building, testing, and managing various data warehouses/data marts using ETL products, along with hands - on experience in SDLC methodologies and Business Process Models (BPM) like Agile (Scrum and Kanban) Modelling and Waterfall model.
- Experience in Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC) with Data Analysis, Data Validation, Data Profiling, Data Verification, and Data Loading to achieve the highest degree of Quality and Performance. Proficient in Test Cases and Test Scripts creation for Business processes with expertise in SQL, PL/SQL, Data Warehouse Concepts, and Business Intelligence.
ETL: DataStage, Informatica, Ab Initio, Talend, SSIS, Azure Data Factory.
Databases: Teradata, Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL, DB2, Netezza.
Big Data: Hadoop, HIVE, Cassandra, MongoDB, MarkLogic, Snowflake.
Real-Time Data Streaming: Kafka, Flume, NIFI, Kinesis.
Reports: Business Objects, Crystal Reports, Cognos, Excel.
Business Intelligence: Tableau, Power BI.
Scheduling: Control-M, Autosys, Tivoli.
Jira Test Management Plugins: Zephyr, Xray, QMetry, QAlity, Golive and TestFLO
Methodologies: Agile Scrum, Kanban, Waterfall
Sr. ETL Tester
Confidential, Chicago, IL
- Prepared and executed automated test scripts as per the business requirements and requirements specifications document.
- Mentored and led the QA team members in the review of requirements, technical designs, test cases, and defect tracking.
- Assisted in the design of EDI solutions and represented the Enterprise EDI team about EDI/ XML industry standards.
- Created Data warehouse test plans, UAT plans, and test cases based on the ETL mapping and functional design documents.
- Tested several UNIX Shell Scripts and PERL scripts for data loading, parsing, file manipulation, and text processing needs.
- Worked closely with application development teams to ensure adherence to design specifications, proposed procedures, practices, and standards.
- Facilitated translating business requirements into technical requirements between Product Owners and technical teams.
- Introduced Test Driven Development (TDD) for a sprint as the team was welcome to experiment and improve team collaboration.
- Expedited good sprint planning, helping the team make appropriate commitments through story sizing and task definition.
- Completed full data warehouse life cycle implementation, including analysis, design of ETL processes, development, and testing.
- Followed UML processes and standard operating procedures in developing Use Cases diagrams and other supporting documentation.
- Attended meetings with architects, developers, and business analysts to understand data models, data flow, and warehouse design.
Sr. ETL Tester
Confidential, New York, NY
- Involved in Integration Testing, UI, User Acceptance Test (UAT), Functionality Testing & Performance Testing.
- Used Test Director to Report bugs and Data Quality Issues on each checksum and field validation tests completed.
- Developed Excel models and templates to verify results and performed extensive data analysis and reconciliation.
- Analyzed the data in EDW and all the Systems in the Information Systems area where BI Analysis and Reporting are performed.
- Worked in Agile technology with Scrum. Compared Data Mart tables from Oracle against source tables from DB2 and SQL Server.
- Implemented various integrity constraints for data integrity, such as referential integrity using primary and foreign key relationships.
- Used SQL query extensively to test OLTP vs. OLAP data and coordinated with the technical team to fix ETL/Filter related defects.
- Organized and moderated project meetings, JAD sessions, documented and published agendas and minutes, delineated & tracked action items.
- Communicated effectively with Stakeholders on upcoming technologies by conducting Demos, UAT sessions, and SME working Sessions.
- Interacted with developers, performed feasibility analysis of the system, and used SCRUM methodology for software development.
- Analyzed business requirements and developed Use Cases and activity diagrams using Microsoft Visio according to UML methodology.
- Worked closely with a few SMEs to identify and analyze AML trends and develop risk remediation and mitigation plans.
- Involved in creating SSIS packages and SSRS reports to load data to a centralized SQL server database from diversified data sources.
- Developed use cases from requirements and created UML Diagrams such as use case diagrams, activity diagrams, and sequence diagrams.
Confidential, Philadelphia, PA
- Created and executed ETL test plans, ETL functional test cases (Manual Testing), and Integration Testing for DWH.
- Designed and developed complex transformations in Data Stage to do multiple look - ups when loading the incoming source data.
- Participated in daily defect resolution status calls to discuss defects with vendors, project management, Developers, and Users.
- Tested change requests that have been incorporated for CUSTOMER-related tables and Common dimensions in DPA and Teradata environments.
- Prepared the test plans, test procedures, and test scripts from the decomposed requirements and use cases using the Quality Center.
- Verified the financial order information, like data in the pricing models against source and target databases by using SQL Queries.
- Performed Business and Technical requirements gathering for a web application developed using Agile software development methodology.
- Developed and processed business mapping, activity diagrams, and functional software specification and requirements documentation.
- Involved in the end-to-end test using QTP and responsible for the Quality-Assurance of this application to complete in record time.
- Tuned ETL and monitored and tuned performance to meet data load windows and avoid conflicts with nightly database maintenance windows.
- Created test plans, and test cases, tracked defects, conducted a training session for UAT, and performed production verification for release.
Confidential, Pittsburgh, PA
- Involved in user acceptance testing & general site validations of web page objects such as HTML links & images.
- Tested different reports, including detail, summary reports, and on - demand reports developed by SSRS Report Studio.
- Involved in identifying data from BRD to Develop LDM and PDM by studying Data Flow diagrams.
- Involved in analyzing business needs and documenting functional and technical specifications based upon business requirements.
- Ensured compliance of the development team with Scrum methodology in delivering incremental features and monitoring defined process adherence.
- Conducted daily scrum meetings, sprint planning, sprint review, and sprint retrospective for scrum teams utilizing several methodologies.
- Checked database to determine successful transaction of test data from the application by establishing connectivity using SQL commands.
- Created Requirement Specification Documents after conducting interviews with End-Users, and JAD Sessions and analyzed their current systems.
- Worked on creating Test strategy, test plan, and test scenario for E2E testing. Worked as a member of the UAT team
- Analyzed and interpreted test data and prepared technical reports. Performed report testing on SSRS reports.
- Used HP Quality Center for defect tracking and versioning documents.
- Tested the ETL Workflows and other ETL Processes (Data Warehouse Testing).
- Analyzed the defects found during all the phases of testing and proposed Defect Prevention plans.
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes