Qa Engineer Resume
- Strong and passionate QA Automation Engineer with 6 years of experience and excellent communication, software analysis, and technical skills seeking to thrive in a team - oriented environment.
- Extensive Experience in all phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Testing Methodologies like Agile, Spiral, Rapid Application Development (RAD), and Waterfall Model.
- Experienced in SQA (Software Quality Assurance) including Manual and Automated testing with tools such as Selenium WebDriver/IDE/Grid, TestNG, JIRA, REST ASSURED, POSTMAN, HP ALM and SOAP UI.
- Good experience in creating automation framework along with developing, executing and maintaining automation testing script with Selenium WebDriver.
- Work experience in developing automation test scripts in BDD, POM frameworks and analyze test results and create defects.
- Experienced in web user interface automation testing with Selenium WebDriver, JAVA, Cucumber and TestNG frameworks.
- Ability to locate the objects based on ID, Name, XPath, CSS elector, Link, Partial Link, Attributes and Tags.
- Experienced in handling dynamic Drop-down, Auto-suggestive Drop-down, Radio buttons, Calendar UI, Alerts, and switching between a parent & child windows.
- Experienced in testing and handling different frames (frames, iframes) of a HTML page with having different DOM's for every iframe.
- Performed cross browser testing by using Smoke, Selenium Grid on multiple browsers and on different platforms.
- Experienced in handling broken links and inter application links (page redirects to respective URL's) in development, test and production environments.
- Experienced in using Apache POI to read the data from external sources like Excel files in order to perform Data Driven Testing from TestNG Data Provider.
- Experienced in handling Ajax Requests and synchronization in Selenium using implicit and explicit wait conditions.
- Experienced in continuous integration using JENKINS to support tools likes CVS subversion, GIT and execute Apache ANT and apache Maven.
- Experienced in using Selenium Utility Methods provided by Selenium APIs to Capture Screen shots of failed Test Cases.
- Experienced in using Maven Plugin to integrate with TestNG to create Profiles for Tests.
- Experienced in BDD using Cucumber with Scenarios, Scenario Outlines, Hooks and Tags.
- Experience in testing Mobile Apps using Android Studio and Real Devices to test the application using Appium and Appium Desktop.
- Expertise in creating Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM), Daily/Weekly Status Report, Defect Report and Project Report.
- Excellent experience in developing Test Scenarios, Test cases, Test Scripts and Test reports for Manual as well as Automated testing for various applications to ensure proper business compliance.
- Extensive experience in GUI, Regression, Functional, Integration, System, User Acceptance (UAT), Sanity, Performance, Stress, Reliability, compatibility, Cross Browser, Security and Database Testing.
- Good analytical and communication skills and ability to work independently with minimal supervision and also perform as part of a team.
Testing Methodologies: Black box Testing, White Box testing, Functional Testing, Integration Testing, GUI Testing, Regression Testing, Smoke, System Testing, UAT Testing.
Testing Tools/ Frameworks: Selenium Web Driver/IDE/GRID, HP Quality Center, Appium, HP ALM, JUnit, Log4j, Cucumber, Fire Path, TestNG, JXL, Apache POI, SOAPUI, POSTMAN, Apache, HTTP Client, REST ASSURED
Languages: JAVA, Java Script, HTML, XML
Test Framework: TestNG, Data Driven Framework, MVC
Build Tools: Ant, Maven
Continuous Integration Tools: Jenkins, Hudson
Processes: Agile-Scrum, Waterfall
Bug Tracking Tools: JIRA, Quality Center (QC)/ALM
Web Technologies: HTML, XML, XPATH, Java Script, CSS, JSON, WSDL, AJAX
Operating Systems: Windows, Linux, Mac
Confidential, Chesapeake, VA
- Preparing and executing Test Plans, Test Cases and Test Scripts to verify reliability, accuracy, and compatibility of application.
- Automation testing covered functionality, performance, GUI of all the components of the website
- Automated test cases using Selenium WebDriver, Java and running test script using Selenium with Java and TestNG framework.
- Developed test code in Java language using Eclipse, IDE and TestNG framework.
- Createdtest cases,scriptsbased on functional specification,prepared test data forsimultaneous and combined Trade testing.
- Involved in testing Web services and XML with REST ASSURED, POSTMAN and used this tool to locate WSDL file on internet, create Test cases and run them.
- Developed script and performed Web Services testing using REST ASSURED tool for functional and regression testing.
- Involved in performing various types of testing like Smoke, Regression, and Functional testing.
- Used BDD Cucumber by creating the Features and Step Definition files to execute test scripts.
- Developed Test cases manually and generated Automation Scripts using open source tools like Selenium Web Driver, TestNG, Maven and Jenkins.
- Worked on distributed test automation execution on different environment as part of Continuous Integration Process using Selenium Grid and Jenkins.
- Developed test automation scripts using TestNG for regression and performance testing of the various releases of the application.
- Used TestNG Annotations in Selenium WebDriver and executed a batch of tests as TestNG suite.
- Created XML based test suit and integrated with Jenkins Server to execute automation scripts on a regular basis by scheduling Jenkins jobs in different test environments with different test configurations.
- Involved in executing SQL queries and PL/SQL procedures, functions and packages for backend testing.
- Used SQL Queries to verify the data from the Oracle database.
- Implemented test automation scripts for mobile testing using Appium for Android and iOS applications.
- Used Appium tool, for mobile testing in Android, IOS and other mobile applications.
- Involved in creating automation test suites for progression & regression testing in REST ASSURED.
- Executed test cases compared with expected values and pass/fail reports updated through JIRA.
- Identifying and tracked bugs via JIRA. Bugs compiled were communicated to developer. Meeting with customers and business analysts to define requirements.
- Involved in Unit testing, test case development and regression testing using TESTNG for web-based application.
- Developed and executed SQL queries in the database to conduct Data integrity testing by checking the data tables on the server.
- Prepared user documentation with screenshots for UAT (User Acceptance testing).
- Interacted with development and product management teams for the quick resolution of reported bugs and various technical issues.
- Working closely with the Developers in the review and modification of the product and its specifications using Agile-testing methodology.
Confidential, Dearborn, MI
QA Automation Engineer
- Performed Business Requirement Analysis by thoroughly understanding Project Design documents and Business Requirement documents.
- Created testing strategy keeping in mind project scope and timeline.
- Designed and developed an Automation framework both Data-driven and Hybrid using Selenium Web Driver.
- Developed test strategy for the minimal required tests that provides value in determining the quality state of the application.
- Created and maintained an automated test script for API testing using TestNG.
- Generat edautomation test execution report using TestNG HTML report and Extent report.
- Developed and Implement edautomation using Selenium Web Driver and Java. Used Eclipse IDE to develop & debug the code.
- Configured MAVEN builds scripts to run tests, develops reports, and sends notifications.
- Automated Functional test cases using Selenium Web Driver, Cucumber, and Java.
- Contributed to the Continuous Integration pipeline running component builds, creating and running Deployment jobs on individual stages onJenkins, and running automated and manual functional tests.
- Used Git and GitHub as code repository and Code Collaborator to manage code reviews.
- Developed Selenium test scripts for identified test cases by using data-driven and hybrid framework.
- Performed Regression testing on new builds, and every modification in the application using Selenium Web Driver.
- Developed and executed manual and automated tests in different platforms using Java and Selenium library.
- Performed positive, negative, unit, sanity, smoke, UAT and regression testing.
- Regression testing was performed after each build release of the application and updated the Scripts by executing the Regression suites built using protractor and approve for regression suite.
- Developed and Maintained Functional Tests using Protractor.
- Used Appium fornative, hybrid Mobile Application Testing for IOS and Android platforms.
- Used Appium for test Automation Framework, Cross platform test Automation.
- Tested compatibility of application for dynamic and static content under various cross browsers using CSS selectors and XPATH in Selenium.
- Raised defects in JIRA and made sure appropriate hand-offs and retesting takes place.
- Involved in testing of web application by creating XML test suite.
- Involved in SOAP and REST based web services testing using Postman web services testing tool.
- Prepared the data to cover various scenarios and wrote SQL scripts to verify the database updates, inserts and deletion of the records.
- Worked in the form of sprint team with business analysts and developers in agile methodology.
- Maintained Metrics and participated in the Weekly Status Updates showing the progress of the testing effort and open issues to be resolved.
Environment: J2EE, Selenium Web Driver, TestNG, Jenkins, Maven, Postman, Eclipse, Jira, Smoke, Appium, Protractor, XPATH, XML, Cucumber, GitHub, Agile, SQL and Windows.
Confidential, Pawtucket, RI
- Analyzed Business Requirements Documents to get better understanding of the system both on technical and business perspectives.
- Analysis and preparation of Regression testing Plan.
- Worked with data team in terms of loan conditioning or data requests.
- Involved in design and implementation of Selenium WebDriver automation framework for smoke and regression test suites (TestNG and Maven).
- Setup the Automation framework using Selenium WebDriver to run test cases in multiple browsers and platforms.
- Tested the various Service Oriented Architectures (SOA) spanning across various web services using SOAP and WSDL across various applications using Postman.
- Involved in UAT Testing and Used JIRA to report bugs.
- Developed custom libraries for automation using JAVA & Selenium WebDriver.
- Created Java based scripts for Selenium WebDriver with TestNG as automation frame work.
- Developed automated tests in partnership with developers for continuous regression testing and reducing manual testing using Selenium, TestNG, and Maven.
- Involved in creation of automation framework in Selenium WebDriver using behavior driven approach like Cucumber.
- Extensively used Selenium (data-driven, XPath locator) and WebDriver to test the web application.
- Created automation scripts in SoapUI using Groovy Script for web services testing.
- Monitored the test execution in Jenkins once the code pushed into Continuous Integration.
- Involved in Defect Management, Defect Review and Defect Status Reporting using JIRA.
- Performed Regression testing on new builds, every modification in the application using Selenium WebDriver.
Environment: Java, Selenium WebDriver, Eclipse, Jenkins, Soap UI, TestNG, POSTMAN, Cucumber, Agile (Scrum) methodology, JIRA, Smoke, SQL, XML, Maven, Windows.
Confidential, Dublin, OH
QA Manual Tester
- Research, define and write accurate, detailed, organized user stories and acceptance criteria based on product goals and business objectives.
- WebDriver with TestNG framework.
- Find, isolate, document, regress, and track bugs through resolution via JIRA.
- Developed automation script for Mobile Native applications(IOS, Android) using Appium, Java.
- Designed Hybrid Appium Test automation framework for the application (Android apps).
- Creating HP ALM requirements and tagging them with Business Middleware QA test cases.
- Designed, developed and implemented Test Driven automation testing framework utilizing Java in Eclipse
- Involved in the Continuous Integration of the automation framework with Jenkins.
- Conducted Test Case Walkthroughs to achieve consensus on Test Case correctness & completeness
- Involved in using Maven build tool to manage framework dependency jar files in POM.xml.
- Working with Android developers to have Appium automation.
- Wrote Features using Gherkin format and implemented the step definitions using Cucumber for User Acceptance Test (UAT).
- Reported software defects in HP ALM and interacted with the developers to resolve technical issues.
- Executed SOAP based web services API testing (Java client and SoapUI).
- Worked closely with team QA to develop comprehensive Rest API test strategy.
- Validated SOAP responses by adding Assertions.
- Involved in the Smoke testing whenever the build is deployed.
- Using Postman validated REST API Web Service Call by sending JSON Request and JSON Response.
- Automated the REST API Web Service Call to invoke Mail Broker which contains templates for customer receiving emails.
- Used JIRA for defect tracking. Based on priority/Severity of defects coordinated with dev team and make sure bugs were fixed on time.
- Working closely with the Developers in the review and modification of the product and its specifications using Agile-testing methodology.
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes