Qa Analyst Resume
- 7 years of experience in Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) with emphasis on Quality Assurance.
- Proficient in manual testing and automated testing on client, server and web - based applications.
- Experience as Unix Administrator and manage application releases/deployments for vast application environments.
- Experience in Healthcare, Financial and Technology domains.
- Proficient in Functionality, Integration, Back End, User Acceptance testing using both Manual and Automated testing methods.
- Experience with SCRUM approach and Agile methodology.
- Proficient in preparing Test Plans, Test Cases, Test Scripts and Test Summary Reports.
- Experience in Business Requirement gathering and System Requirement documents for Functional, Integration, Regression, GUI, UAT, Security and Database testing.
- Extensive experience in Manual and Automated testing with Quality Center and Quick Test Professional (QTP).
- Experienced in writing Test cases, Test Scripts, Test completion reports and generating Test metrics. Assisted in developing Test Plans.
- Ability to read development codes including .JAR Files, WAR files, SQL/PL SQL, HTML and XML.
- Excellent knowledge and experience in Contorl-M and Auto-Sys.
- Experience in developing traceability matrix for test plans and used Quality Center for test management. Track defects and monitor them until closure.
- Proficient in writing SQL scripts and reading PL/SQL scripts to retrieve/modify data in the database for backend testing and data validations.
- Extensive experience with different types of testing modalities including Client Server, JAVA, .NET and ERP/CRM Applications.
- Ability to Prioritize and Manage Multiple Tasks.
- Possess excellent analytical skills with good communication and self-organizing skills, assertive and a committed team player.
- Strong Team dynamics, Worked with BAs, Developers, and Project Managers.
Testing Tools: HP Quality Center, Quick Test Professional (QTP) 8.2, 9.0 Control-M, Auto-sys.
Languages: XML, SQL/PLSQL, HTML
Scripting: VB Script, TSL, ANT
Operating System: Windows XP/ 2000, Windows7, UNIX.
Databases: Oracle9i, 10G, 11G, MS SQL Server, MS Access, Toad
Tools: MS Visio, JIRA, TOAD, SQL Navigator.
Confidential, Tampa, Florida
- Involved in developing test strategy, test plans to test the applications for Retail Lending division of JP Morgan.
- Performed manual testing on various modules within an application.
- Responsible for Master Test Strategy, Planning and Test Reporting Activities on strategic projects.
- Developed detailed test plans that include test cases, test scripts on specifications/business rules and also updated test plans with new software releases.
- Extensively worked on the data validations, manipulation and updating the tables using SQL statements.
- Regression testing of defects identified and new builds. Perform integration testing to close the defect.
- Generated graphs and reports to analyze the test results and report to higher management on a periodic basis.
- Worked extensively with Development teams both onsite and offshore for test case identification, Problem resolution and performing core testing functions.
- Document and report Daily Defects Status with the help of various QA Metrics like reports from Quality Center, Excel etc.
- Supported software and hardware configuration changes through release process.
- Managed source code version control, verified regular builds, and helped resolve integration issues.
- Planned QA strategies with regards to all projects entering QA.
Environment: Quality Center 10.0, JAVA, Oracle 11G, PL/SQL, Websphere, Auto-Sys, Control-M, UNIX.
Confidential, Jacksonville, Florida
- Involved in different phases of software development life cycle from initial design to deployment.
- Responsible for analyzing functional requirement documents and design documents in order to create and execute test plan.
- Developed detail Test Cases from Use Cases and executed them in order to cover the entire functionality of the application.
- Configured test environment for specific test cases, created test data and executed automated or manual test cases, documented results and updated defect tracking System.
- Bugs were reported to developers using Test Director and after rectification from developers, Regression testing was performed.
- Performed Functional testing, User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and System Testing.
- Provided support to technical support and help desk to analyze data and to verify the helpdesk tickets opened on the request of customers.
- Participate in weekly/daily meetings with the management team and walkthroughs.
Confidential, Kansas City, KS
- Worked with Business System Analysts, Developers and support team to define the testing requirement documents and test cases.
- Performed Quality Assurance and Testing for web applications and Client applications. Webstore - a java based application developed to sell products and services to their customers.
- Develop test scripts and execute test cycles for buy/sell scenario execution for various customer logins.
- Written test cases and execute the billing system (AMDOCS) for the wireless division of Confidential .
- Written SQL queries to retrieve customer specific information from SQL Server to make sure the data entered has been up-loaded correctly.
- Performed Functional, System, Stress, Link, performance, UAT, Usability, Regression Testing and auditing on this application to ensure the application is developed to meet the business Specifications.
- Actively worked with POS device/software and development team to develop test scenarios with sufficient test coverage.
- Conducted analysis of current processes to identify areas for improvement.
Environment: Quality Center, AMDOCS, Windows XP, LINUX, SQL, TOAD.
Confidential, Columbus, Ohio
- Responsible for deploying applications across servers via JBOSS, Websphere.
- Run Contorl-M jobs for automated jobs
- Use Quality Center for Defect tracking and Test Case repository.
- Release Engineer. Perform application deployments and schedule auto-sys jobs.
Environment: SQL Server, Oracle 9i, Linux, Java, TOAD.
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes