Quality Assurance Analyst Resume
- Around 8 years of experience in Software Quality Assurance and Testing field. Expert in testing both Web - based and Client/Server application in Windows and UNIX environment.
- Highly accomplished in testing software solutions effectively by applying QA concepts, methodologies, best practices, tools, and processes.
- Seeking a position as a Software Tester/Analyst in a challenging environment to utilize my expertise and further my knowledge.
- Extensive knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Quality Assurance Life Cycle (QALC), CMMI, and different types of methodologies such as Waterfall, Iterative and Agile.
- Expert in Testing Life Cycle (TLC) Including Risk Analysis, Planning Process, Test Design, Performing Tests, Defect Tracking, Management and Test Reporting.
- Expertise in diverse domain technologies like Banking, Insurance, Telecommunication.
- Excellent testing experience in all phases and stages of testing with good working knowledge of testing disciplines, tasks, resources and scheduling
- Experienced in documenting testing process and workflows using MS office tools
- Expertise in writing Test Plan, Test Cases and generating Automated Test Scripts.
- Experienced in testing Web-based and Client-Server applications on different environments.
- Experienced in different kinds of testing: Black-Box Testing, Frontend & Backend Testing, Functional Testing, Positive, Negative, Boundary Testing, Integration Testing, System Testing, Compatibility Testing, Security Testing, Smoke Testing, Data Driven Testing, User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and Regression Testing.
- Strong understanding of UAT testing methodologies and practice.
- Extensive experience in manual and automated testing of applications using tools such as ALM, Quick Test Professional (QTP).
- Extensive knowledge of Test Matrix, Requirement Traceability Matrix and Gap Analysis.
- Experienced in RDBMS like Microsoft SQL Management Studio, Oracle, SQL Server 2000, and DB2.
- Involved in Web Services Testing using SoapUI.
- Experienced in RQM to manage test related documents.
- Excellent written and verbal skills with exceptional analytical, critical thinking skills and strong team work orientation.
- Proficient level of computer skills including MS Office, MS Word, Excel and Power Point.
- Ability to adapt constant change and flexible in response to changing circumstances.
- Updated the Day- to-Day and Weekly Status Report on the progress of the testing efforts.
- Excellent understanding ofQA Principles, QA Process, Test Plans and Use Cases.
- Excellent organizational ability, communication and analyzing skills.
- Excellent technical & as well as logical & reporting skills.
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple complex initiatives simultaneously.
- Can work within aggressive time schedules and work diligently towards corporate goals.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
Methodology: SDLC, Iterative, Agile Scrum
Databases: Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, Toad
Operating Systems: Windows XP/7/8/Vista, UNIX
Languages: JAVA, VBScript, Visual Basic, SQL, XML, .NET
Management Tools: ALM/HP Quality Center, Rational Requisite Pro, Rational Quality Manager, Bugzilla, Rational Clear Quest, Jira
Testing Tools: ALM/HP Quality Center/Test Director, HP Quick Test Professional, Rational Functional Tester, SoapUI
Browsers: Internet Explorer, Netscape, Firefox, Safari
Quality Assurance Analyst
Confidential - Pittsburgh, PA
- Review Business Requirement Document, Functional Requirement document, and System Architecture Document for clear understanding of the Application and the functionality.
- Coordinated with Business Analyst and the Developer to discuss about the documentation gap and proposed solution.
- Participated in Technical Specification review meeting, walk through meeting regular project status meetings and testing process review meeting.
- Analyzed the Business Requirement Document, Technical spec, Design Document and Source to Target Mapping Document to prepare test plan for QA testing.
- Cross-check all available project related document to assure all information are correlated.
- Extensively involved in developing Test Plans, Test Scenarios, Test Strategies and Test Cases to test various functionalities of the application with inputs from assigned Business Analysts
- Coordinated peer-review meeting for test case enhancement.
- Responsible for UAT test planning like creating test plan, test scenario and test cases
- Ensure that the pre-requisite for UAT testing are performed accurately and efficiently.
- Assisted QA manager in identifying scope and developing test estimation.
- Performed various type of testing including Smoke Testing, Functional Testing, Integration Testing, ETL/Backend testing and Regression testing.
- Provided daily execution status and defect report to the entire team involved in that project.
- Involved in Backend testing, Data warehouse testing for various project.
- Prepared test Strategy document for Data Warehouse project
- Prepared the Test Plan and Testing Strategies for Data Warehousing Application
- Identified Source, Target and Data landing area by analyzing Data flow diagram, STTM and Process flow.
- Extensively used SQL quires in backend testing.
- Written test cases and logged defect using ALM
- Verified that data migration to QA environment is done successfully.
- Extensively worked with different source file such as flat files, CSV files and excel sheet.
- Wrote queries to test the flat files data against the databases, performed source to target data validation based on mapping condition.
- Ensured Error logs and audit tables are generated and populated properly
- Organized Confidential meetings with team members, team manager, business analyst and technical team for detailed discussion of the report.
- Performed Regression testing for every modification in the application, change request and new builds.
- Participated in ongoing Defect Triage meeting to go through the new and existing defect and discuss about the action to be taken.
- Tracked and resolved system defects and testing issues by working closely with Developers/SME
- Prepared Test completion Certification report and QA Report for the business Confidential the end of testing phase.
- Worked on multiple projects simultaneously in short deadline.
Quality Assurance Analyst
Confidential - Chevy Chase, MD
- Responsible for analyzing the business requirement and functional specifications to design tests cases and reviewed the Business Requirement Documents (BRD), Functional Requirement Documents (FRD) and Technical Design Documents (TDD).
- Participated in various meetings such as Requirement Review meetings, Daily Standup meetings, a Walkthrough meetings
- Involved in developing Test Plan and Test Cases.
- Worked on various functionality of the insurance application such as Policy Admin, claim and billing center.
- Developed Test Scenarios to test the functionality of the application.
- Created Test Data sets to test all testing Scenarios including Exception Handling for Missing and Invalid values.
- Manually tested the calculation of the Insurance rate and the agent’s commission using MS Excel.
- Developed Requirement Traceability Matrix to map the test cases with the Requirements.
- Performed Sanity Testing to check the initial application stability.
- Used Quality Center/ALM for uploading requirements, Test Plan, Test Cases, Test Sets and updating Test results.
- Performed various kinds of testing such as Black-Box Testing, Functional Testing, Integration Testing, Security Testing, Smoke Testing, Backend Testing, and Regression Testing.
- Report, Track, Review, Analyze and using Defect Tracking tool Bugzilla.
- Involved in automation testing using Quick Test Professional (QTP) for Regression and Functional testing.
- Performed Backend Testing by writing SQL queries.
- Validated tests by crosschecking data in backend on Oracle using SQL Queries.
- Performed User Acceptance Testing and provided demonstration to the end users about the application.
- Created test data for UAT scenarios and developed low-level Test Cases for UAT testing purpose.
- Participated in Regression Testing for each build/release.
- Trained and coached new QA testers on the application and the testing tools.
- Worked closely with the developer to learn about the product features and ensure that the testing issues are solved immediately.
- Involved in daily meeting with Team members to keep track of defects and provided update on testing progress to the Team Lead.
- Submitted weekly status report on the progress of testing to the QA Lead.
Environment: Microsoft Project, Quick Test Pro, Quality Center, VB Script, Java, .NET, HTML, XML, Oracle, SQL Server, Bugzilla.
Confidential - College Park, MD
- Reviewed the Business and System requirements. Attended team meetings and walkthroughs for review and the resolution of the application and system application.
- Created Specific Test Scenarios for Business Rules and Business Process
- Worked closely with SME to understand the workflow.
- Created Test Plan for all modules as per the Business Requirements.
- Created both positive and negative test cases according to the Business Rules and Business Strategies.
- Actively involved in various phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) including QA Life Cycle.
- Developed Test Scenarios, created Test Data, and performed functional and non-functional testing.
- Analyzing the Actual Results against the Expected Results.
- Developed test cases, test scripts by using RQM
- Executed test cases in RQM, Defect reporting, and management using Rational ClearQuest.
- Conducted Regression testing during the various Sprints of the application using Rational Functional Tester.
- Experience with web service testing using Soap UI.
- Developed and updated Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM), and conducted the RTM between requirements and test cases.
- Performed Smoke Testing, Functional Testing, System Integration testing, Regression testing, Web testing, UAT testing and Database testing Confidential various phases of the development and test cycles.
- Performed manual testing of the entire application.
- Used Quality Center for creating test cases and test sets and submitting defects.
- Followed up with the developers on defect status.
- Improved the documentation of QA testing practices to enhance their repeatability, maintainability.
- Performed query operations on Oracle to do data validation.
- Execute SQL Queries to ensure required data is present and retrievable using TOAD for Oracle.
- Participated in Regression testing of the entire application after code freeze.
- Generated weekly Status Reports to the team manager & participated in weekly status meeting with Team members, Team managers, Business analysts & Technical team.
Environment: Quality Center, SOAPUI, RQM, Rational ClearQuest, Rational Functional Tester, .Net, VBS, Java, Windows XP, Oracle, TOAD.
Software Test Engineer
Confidential - New York, NY
- Developed Test case based on the user requirements and system requirements document for functional, Regression, Web testing and Back end testing.
- Involved in QA Life Cycle to enhance the work flow get going.
- Understanding the Functional requirements, Design documents, Requirements documents and use case and designing test cases for corresponding modules to test the complete functionality of application.
- Executed test cases and verified actual results against expected results.
- Performed Functional, system, regression and Integration testing of the application based on the Business Requirement.
- Developed complex SQL queries to test the database values for data integrity.
- Executed UNIX command to navigate file system.
- Interacted with developers & Business Analysts to resolve application defects.
- Report, Track and Review defects in defect tracking tool Bugzilla.
- Validate all functionality with requirements.
- Used Quality Center for creating test cases and test sets and submitting defects.
- Defects were tracked, reviewed, analyzed and reported using Quality Center.
- Maintained Test Matrix for the latest test results information
- Analyzing Test Results, Interacting with developers resolve the defects.
- Involve in writing SQL queries to validate data with Back-end with the GUI.
- Experience with RDBMSs (Oracle) and demonstrated ability to write SQL statements.
- Involved in database validation - check the updated data in the database.
- Maintained the Requirements Traceability matrix to verify that all the requirements are met as per the defined business processes and requirements.
- Responsible for the day-to-day and weekly status report on the progress of the testing efforts.
- Participated in scheduled meetings and maintained good relationship with developers and Business Analyst.
Environment: Java, C++, UNIX, SQL Server, Quality Center, .NET, Bugzilla, HTML, XML
Confidential - New York, NY
- Wrote test cases and created different scenarios using Excel.
- Performed Manual Testing like Positive Testing and Negative Testing, Regression, System, Integration, Functional Testing.
- Attended meetings to update status and worked closely with QA manager.
- Analyze and Report Test Results for manual and automated test scripts.
- Prepared RTM Document to ensure that all the requirements had sufficient coverage for through testing.
- Participated in peer review of software requirements, test cases and test procedures.
- Involved in User Acceptance Testing, GUI Testing, and Regression Testing on different versions of the application.
- Executed Test Cases manually, Validate Test results, determine defects, Record and Report Defects.
- Followed the defect lifecycle to report and manage defect.
- Produced Test Metrics showing the number of test cases executed, number passed number failed and number left to execute.
- Reported issues into the bug reporting system and follow up with the development team until it gets resolved using Test Director.
- Interfaced with developers to resolve technical issues and investigated software faults.
- Performed Functional and Regression Testing using QTP.
- Created automated test scripts and Performed Functional Testing in the multiple phases of the application and analyzed the results using QTP.
- Extensively executed SQL Queries on Oracle tables to verify that the Front-end data is successfully stored in the Back-end.
- Familiar with Section 508 Regulations and used screen reader tool JAWS to perform 508 Compliance Testing.
Environment: Test Director, Quick Test Pro, .Net, VBS, Java, Windows XP, Oracle
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes