Software Quality Analyst Resume
New York, NY
- Over Five(5+) years experience as a QA Analyst in Information Technology (IT) industry in Testing, Design, Development and Implementation of Software applications.
- Experience in Analysis, Design of Manual and Automated testing for Client/Server and Web applications.
- Strong understanding of Test Methodologies and Test Plans in Project Life Cycles.
- Extensively worked on database testing (Oracle, SQL Server) and validating the applications against the database.
- Experience in UNIT Testing, Integration Testing, System Testing (Functionality, Regression), Performance Testing and User Acceptance Testing.
- Knowledge in Insurance, Financial, Banking and Retail Business Applications.
- Excellent expertise in Mercury automated testing tools like Win Runner, Test Director Load Runner and Quick Test Professional .
- Expertise in analyzing High Level Design Documents, Technical Requirements.
- Experienced in Test schedule planning, Batch Test Scheduling and Execution.
- Proficient in creating Test cases, Test procedures and Test Scripts based on Business Requirements.
- Extensive experience in Black Box Testing in modifying Test Scripts using TSL.
- Expertise in Bug Tracking and Reporting using Test Director.
- Expertise in QA/Testing wif Windows / UNIX Environment and Oracle, SQL Server databases as back end and Load Runner.
- Articulate wif interpersonal, intuitive, technical, analytical and problem solving skills.
Testing Tools: Win Runner 7.5/7.01/6.0 , Test Director 8.0/7.x/6.0, Load Runner,8.0/7.5, Quick Test Pro 8.0/6.5, Clear Quest, Silk Test 6.0.
Bug Tracking Tools: Test Director 8.0/7.x/6.0, Quality Center, Vantive and Rational Clear Quest.
Languages: C, C++, VC++, SQL, PL/SQL, Java Databases Oracle 7/8/9i, SQLServer2000, MS Access Development Tools Developer 2000, VB 6.0/5.0
Web Technologies: ASP, XML, HTML, DHTML, JSP
Operating System: Windows 95/98/2000/NT/XP, MSDOS, Unix
Others: MS Office
Software Quality Analyst
- Participated in requirement walkthroughs wif business analysts and development teams.
- Attended modification requests (MR) meeting and reflected those changes in test cases preparation and execution.
- Analyzed the functional requirement document and technical specification document to involving in create the test plan, test cases and associated scripts for the verification and validation of the application and ensuring dat it meets all defined functional requirements.
- Responsible for Black Box testing of the application in whole such as Smoke, System, Integration and Regression testing on the application.
- Executed individual test cases to satisfy both positive and negative testing and logged the bugs in to the bug tracking system.
- Worked wif Developers extensively in resolving the issues arise out of defect severity.
- Understood the Defect management of the company and submitted the bugs as per the company's bug cycle format. Run regression tests after verifying the fixed defects.
- Responsible for writing SQL Queries as process of backend testing to find out dat the data is correctly populated in each field
- Responsible for creating manual test cases and deciding the candidates for Automation such as DDT test cases using QTP.
- Various Checkpoints were created in the test script to verify the correct functionality of the application.
- Created compiled module user - defined functions for reusability purpose and to avoid the redundancy in the script.
- Worked wif Mercury Quality Center to manage the entire quality process.
- Identified and tracked defects and enter them in defect module of Quality center.
- Involved in testing Business Objects reports by connecting to Universe, checking Data results, filter options, column and row formatting etc.
- Generated status report and detailed reports on the defects.
Environment: Quality Center 8.2, QTP 8.0, J2EE, Business Objects 5.1.8, Teradata SQL Assistant6.1, UNIX, MS-Office, IE 6.0
Confidential, New York, NY
- Created User Defined Functions related to customer registration, online services, loans etc.
- Developed Test cases, Test procedures and executed functional Test scripts for these applications.
- Performed Functional and Regression testing.
- Created Test Scripts for White Box and Black Box Testing.
- Created Data driven scripts for adding multiple customers, checking the accounts for different users, applying for loans etc.
- Involved in project coordination and implemented Test methodology.
- Involved to create VU scripts and Scenarios for Performance, Load and Stress using Load Runner.
- Designed and performed large - scale load volume end-to-end testing using large data files.
- Used SQL Queries to verify the data from the Oracle database.
- Using Test Director submitted the bugs, verified and resolved the bugs, Change Requests and raises the issues.
- Modifications were tested using standard product database against approved Technical Specification prior to customer distribution.
Environment: Test Director 7.0, Win Runner 7.01, Quick Test Pro 6.5, Load Runner 7.5, Oracle 8i, VB, ASP, IIS, Windows 2000/NT.
- Involved in requirement meetings wif Development and requirements teams.
- Developed comprehensive test plans and test scripts based on interviews and reviews of business and technical specifications.
- Involved in Manual Testing to check the basic functionality of the modules under test.
- Managed Test Requirements using Test Director.
- Prepared test data and performed data integrity testing.
- Communicated status and presented defect information to BAs and Manager and various members of the project team to resolve issues to ensure the defect-free delivery of Software application.
- Used Test Director for test management and entering defects in PVCS tracker.
- Functional Identifying, analyzing defects and in-consistencies in software program functions, outputs, online screens, and content.
Environment: UNIX, Windows 98/NT, J2EE, DB2, Test Director, PVCS Tracker.
- Involved to create Business Risk Levels to determine Test Priorities.
- Analyzed Test Plans and Test Cases based on Requirements and General Design Documents involved in both Manual and Automation Testing.
- Performed Regression testing using Win Runner.
- Extensively used SQL Queries to verify and validate the Database Updates.
- Created User Defined Functions in Win Runner Functions Library to re - use them in different tests.
- Involved in Server test/Load test using Load Runner.
- Tested the application on Server using VU Generator and creating VU in Load Runner Controller.
- Used Test Director for Defect tracking and reporting. Participated in test case review meetings and requirements walkthroughs.
- Responsible for Reviews and documentation for reporting the status to the project manager.
- Interacted wif developers to resolve technical issues.
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes